Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+12
Stealthflanker
dionis
TR1
flamming_python
NickM
Vann7
indochina
ahmedfire
Admin
GarryB
Pervius
runaway
16 posters

Black Sea Fleet vs Turkish Navy

nastle77

Black Sea Fleet vs Turkish Navy - Page 3 Empty Re: Black Sea Fleet vs Turkish Navy

Post  nastle77 Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:56 pm

This would have been an interesting scenario if set in the 80s with the SOviet black sea fleet vs Turkish fleet

any thoughts on that by the original poster ? In the 80s a possible few changes

1-Turks have 50 or so F-16 and the Soviets have very few Mig-29s but mostly Mig-23
    2-Black sea fleet has ships equipped with SSN-2 Styx and SSN-3b/c missile ships which are inferior to the Harpoon ( which I assume equipped Turkish ships in the 80s?)
    3-How big is the Turkish sub fleet in 80s ?
    4-The AV MF had backfires in the pacific fleet but in the black sea fleet they had mostly Badger G and Bear G I'm assuming ?

Navy fanboy
    Navy fanboy

Black Sea Fleet vs Turkish Navy - Page 3 Empty Re: Black Sea Fleet vs Turkish Navy

Post  Navy fanboy Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:22 am

We can change this whole scenario again aswell

Modified Nakhimov vs Turkish fleet Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:11 am

Just saw this on the internet about Turkish submarines, I want to know should Russia be concerned?

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2022/01/analysis-why-do-turkeys-upcoming-reis-class-submarines-have-potential-to-affect-balances-in-the-region/
    lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:16 am

It will make a difference. But I suspect the Turks are buying these submarines more to have parity with the Greek navy than to confront Russia. At least at this time.

Yugo90 likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:22 am

The Russians are very capable in terms of anti sub warfare, considering the way Turkey is acting recently I would not be that concerned... they seem very reasonable and sensible at the moment.... unlike the rest of the west.

magnumcromagnon likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:00 pm