Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+83
Scorpius
Krepost
sundoesntrise
JohninMK
Mir
ALAMO
ChineseTiger
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
owais.usmani
The-thing-next-door
calripson
PhSt
dino00
GustavoHF
RTN
Tsavo Lion
Rodion_Romanovic
Walther von Oldenburg
PapaDragon
Nibiru
par far
GunshipDemocracy
Hole
AlfaT8
GarryB
Kimppis
Azi
kvs
Svyatoslavich
franco
miketheterrible
Rmf
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
zg18
jhelb
Project Canada
Cowboy's daughter
Cucumber Khan
higurashihougi
BTRfan
Fred333
nastle77
Prince Darling
Karl Haushofer
Odin of Ossetia
Vann7
max steel
OminousSpudd
ExBeobachter1987
Battalion0415
George1
Mike E
Werewolf
collegeboy16
magnumcromagnon
Hannibal Barca
xeno
navyfield
NickM
Rpg type 7v
macedonian
Hachimoto
TR1
As Sa'iqa
sepheronx
Regular
gaurav
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
Viktor
TheArmenian
Cyberspec
Ogannisyan8887
Firebird
NationalRus
Pervius
solo.13mmfmj
nightcrawler
Tshering22
milky_candy_sugar
Admin
87 posters

Russian population

par far

Russian population - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian population

Post  par far Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:09 pm

President Putin have said it many times that the Russian population has to increase and the Russian government will work very hard to achieve that.

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:42 am

par far wrote:President Putin have said it many times that the Russian population has to increase and the Russian government will work very hard to achieve that.

The Soviet Union had 290 million people
    owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:59 pm

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:12 pm

owais.usmani wrote:

Vermin is culled so worthy may prosper

Good Lord Darwin is generous

GarryB and kvs like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:35 pm

Better one normal individual raised by a mother and father, than 100 single mommy felons working out their psychological
    issues on society. The US is currently sinking in such shit. Something many fail to comprehend.

GarryB and bitch_killer like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:45 pm

We need the raw numbers here, not a tweet.

The issue is, we need to know the full numbers of: Deaths, births, migrations, etc.

I figure migration is low due to strict rules and deaths up due to older generation dying off. I doubt much of the coof had a hand.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:57 pm

Try to find this news on the Rosstat official web scratch
    https://rosstat.gov.ru/
    Maybe you are more skilled than I ...
    Everything that is aired, is a combination of different data.
    Starting from "660k" from the very first covid case revealed.
    Levada, Moscow Times ... all hands on deck!
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:03 pm

ALAMO wrote:Try to find this news on the Rosstat official web scratch
    https://rosstat.gov.ru/
    Maybe you are more skilled than I ...
    Everything that is aired, is a combination of different data.
    Starting from "660k" from the very first covid case revealed.
    Levada, Moscow Times ... all hands on deck!

I would normally go through it myself but I'm on mobile at moment and rather busy to break it down for now. May give it a gander over next weekend though if no one else has done so.
    Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:06 pm

The statistics are from January 2021.
    Old news.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:08 pm

Krepost wrote:The statistics are from January 2021.
    Old news.

So AFP news is stating something from a statistic of beginning of last year and stating it as for the whole year?

Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:12 pm

They will do anything to attack, belittle, criticize and throw as much shit at Russia as possible.
    Including lies, distortion and taking things out of context.
    Nothing new, keep sailing.

GarryB and kvs like this post

calripson

Russian population - Page 39 Empty Covid

Post  calripson Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:44 pm

As I stated before, Covid deaths affect almost entirely people outside their reproductive years and as a result have no long-term impact on population. The key determinants to population are birth rates and net migration.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:56 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Krepost wrote:The statistics are from January 2021.
    Old news.

So AFP news is stating something from a statistic of beginning of last year and stating it as for the whole year?

They do even better dude.
    Starting with the mystery 660k and "beginning of covid" term, that in reality is ... early 2020 for Russia.
    That is 2 fuckin' years now squeezed and presented as a status for 2021.
    The '900k' figure is an own "calculation" made by Echo of Moscow if I saw that correctly.
    Line the points Laughing
    Sure that tons of people died, in the Caucasus that shit exterminated the whole clan structure.
    We had the very first covid strike here about the same time, my wife get that shit in March 2020. And the whole family again a year after, March 2021.
    People were dying everywhere, for Poland it is about 200k excess deaths for 2021.
    So even if true, this is rather an observation than a note to be given to the authorities.

miketheterrible and Hole like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:56 pm

MOSCOW. Jan 28 (Interfax) - The natural population decrease (deaths outnumbering births) in Russia in stood at 1,042,700 versus 688,700 in 2020 and 317,200 in 2019, according to data released by the Federal Statistics Service (Rosstat) on Friday.

This is the highest such figure in Russia's recent history (the previous high was recorded in 2000, at 958,500).

As a result, by January 1, 2022, Russia's population dropped to 145,478,097 from 146,171,015 on January 1, 2021, by 692,918 (this is lower than the natural population decrease due to a partial offset by increased migration). The drop is the biggest since 2003 when the population number fell from 145 million on January 1, 2003, to 144.3 million on January 1, 2004.

The population number is calculated on the basis of the latest available figures, which do not include the last national census, the results of which will not appear before April, Rosstat said.

Births in 2021 dropped to 1,402,800 from 1,435,700 in 2020, the lowest since 2002 (when 1,397,000 were born). Births peaked at 1,943,000 in 2014 and have since declined steadily.

Deaths increased from 2,124,500 in 2020 to 2,445,500 in 2021.

In Moscow, the constant-population number as of January 1, 2022, stood at 12,632,40. In the Moscow region the figure was 7,765,900; in St. Petersburg, 5,376,700; and in the Leningrad region, 1,907,600.

NOTE: this must have been the article he was trying to refer to.

https://interfax.com/newsroom/top-stories/73749/
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:35 pm

Covid-19 may have something to do with the changes.

The mortality increased late into 2020 and in 2021. It makes sense that people would put off having children.
    calripson

Russian population - Page 39 Empty Birthrates

Post  calripson Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:12 pm

Women's prime reproductive years are 23-38 in Russia. (Outside of Muslim Republics where births start younger). Corresponds to 1984 - 1999 birthdates. Births fell dramatically from 1990 -1998 in Russia. This is the donut hole right in the middle of the reproductive age demographic. Payments should be made to induce young women to have their first child earlier - before 25 for example, and payments should be increased for women to have an incremental second or third child.

As I mentioned before, religiosity is the greatest indicator of fertility. It is interesting that the Jewish religion (which is actually a duality of religion and political identification) has found a mechanism to cope with the low fertility rates of secular Jews who tend to be very educated and economically successful relative to other groups. Orthodox religious Jews have very large families - 7.1 children per ultra-Orthodox family versus 1.4 for secular Jews. Many of the Orthodox Jewish kids "leave the faith" and become secular, but enough remain to replenish the population. The Russian orthodox church should mimic this by providing support to families with a large number of kids.

Hannibal Barca and kvs like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:47 pm

Not sure that more people is the solution... for anything.
    calripson

Russian population - Page 39 Empty Biological Reality

Post  calripson Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:55 am

GarryB wrote:Not sure that more people is the solution...  for anything.

From a simple biological reality, if you feel that way, you've already lost.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:11 am

kvs wrote:Covid-19 may have something to do with the changes.

The mortality increased late into 2020 and in 2021. It makes sense that people would put off having children.

If only there was some way to prevent COVID...

Some mysterious technology...

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:34 am

PapaDragon wrote:

The mortality increased late into 2020 and in 2021.   It makes sense that people would put off having children.

Idiot genius. Vaccination does not save you if you have a broken immune system which is what people over 60 with metabolic syndrome
    disorders have. All those double vaxxed dying in Canada must be all one big conspiracy to deny the wonders of vaccination.

As usual we have discussion with no relevant context. You would think from clownasses such as PD that it was people primarily under 50 dying
    in Russia from covid.

Mir likes this post

sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:07 am

PapaDragon wrote:

The mortality increased late into 2020 and in 2021.   It makes sense that people would put off having children.

Russian population - Page 39 Images11

magnumcromagnon and kvs like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:49 am

From a simple biological reality, if you feel that way, you've already lost.

Lost what?

Considering at the moment 80% of the worlds population don't have enough and 1% of the population own more than all of the 80 percent combined and don't need anything more... yet still manipulate and scrabble to get more, there are finite resources in this planet and you think more people is the solution?

When it is legal for a cigarette company to bribe some doctors to say the link between smoking and lung cancer is not certain, when food companies influence diet recommendations to boost sales instead of improve human health, it sounds like you just want more customers.

The planet earth is the only place in the Universe we know of that we can exist for any length of time and we wonder why species go extinct.. . well we pretend to wonder... as the human population expands and takes up more and more land the natural habitats disappear and you get foxes and monkeys and other animals living in cities because there are no other places for them to live.

We need to sort out society first before we start expecting it to expand.

A shift to a new multipolar world means development and growth for more countries... the spread of education and an increase in living standards for a lot more people which should in itself lead to a drop in the numbers of children being born in many regions, but the drop in child and other mortality means the population will level off rather than decline.

Of course if the US starts some major wars in a tantrum to avoid the inevitable shift in power then the numbers might drop dramatically in some regions.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:35 am

A poster on a US site

Compare – Churches are being rebuilt/built in Russia, Churches in the west are getting canceled because they are not woke enough and for not rejecting God’s created order. Churches in the west are encouraged to call their “Chirstian brothers and sisters” racists and white supremacist because they voted for Doanld Trump. A few weeks ago, Pastor MacArthur made the comment that he is against religious “freedom” – as am I – and he was lambasted by “Christians”.

Russians are encouraged to have babies. While citizens in the west are being encouraged to have as many abortions as possible. Russian children are taught History, Math, Biology, Geography, Physics. Western children are taught to hate their heritage, common core math, CRT, and how to select their “pronouns”.

We have the most perverse, corrupt, malignant, repugnant, despicable, morally dead, soulless, Godless, beings running western governments and I must hate Putin for saying “Russia first”? I just saw my neighbors in Canada getting brutalized by their government for simply saying they want the freedom to make their own medical decisions.

I don’t recall seeing the Russian government sending its thugs out to trample its citizens with walkers. I don’t recall seeing the Russian government unleash teargas on its citizens for refusing the “elites” digital passports. I don’t see the Russian government calling its citizens nazis, racists, homophobes, islamaphobes, deplorable, white supremacist or terrorists. I did see them arrest several “protestors” for desecrating a church though. I could go on…

So forgive me for disregarding anything I see or hear from those same western “governments” whose leaders are fully bought and paid for by chyna, when they tell me I should hate Russia and Putin because they demand it. Forgive me when I ignore and completely disregard the moral preening form the very people who just a few weeks ago wanted me dead or in prison because I refuse a medical procedure they DEMAND I undergo, because science…

“They use Big Tech to censor you, the Deep State to spy on you, the intelligence agencies to frame you, the media to slander you… they rig elections to disenfranchise you…all the while they claim they are the ones defending democracy and justice.
    It’s all a bunch of bullshit. That’s what it is”

President Trump. February 27, 2022

Yeah, I should trust, believe and follow those demons.

kvs, GunshipDemocracy and Hole like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:12 pm

The Russian Caucasus is home to a huge number of ethnic groups

https://www.rbth.com/travel/334935-largest-peoples-caucasus

franco and kvs like this post

Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:42 am

Surprised you guys missed this in the news:

The 2021 census revealed that the population of Russia is in excess of 147 million people. That is 1m people more than thought.

Full details of the census results will be revealed next month.

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/146366/

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, flamming_python, magnumcromagnon, kvs, Hole and lancelot like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:02 pm