Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
marcellogo
Mir
Rodion_Romanovic
RTN
zepia
Begome
diabetus
GreyHog
zare
Belisarius
Azi
sepheronx
franco
VARGR198
pavi
ludovicense
George1
d_taddei2
mack8
Krepost
SolidarityWithRussia
11E
PapaDragon
Tolstoy
lyle6
limb
Broski
Sujoy
ArgentinaGuard
ucmvulcan
wilhelm
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
JohninMK
Erk
Kiko
Podlodka77
GunshipDemocracy
Big_Gazza
PhSt
TMA1
The-thing-next-door
Firebird
DerWolf
zorobabel
Airbornewolf
famschopman
Werewolf
Scorpius
Arkanghelsk
billybatts91
Walther von Oldenburg
kvs
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
Hole
Serberus
nomadski
Arrow
Ispan
Backman
thegopnik
ALAMO
Regular
higurashihougi
flamming_python
Lapain
caveat emptor
dionis
Dr.Snufflebug
mnztr
GarryB
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #37

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #37 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #37

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:36 am

My highlight, so NATO anti drone EW works. Assume he talks about 82mm mortar and 152mm shells.

Victor vicktop55
    @vicktop555
    So you can get Abrams - but where to get iron men?

Alexander Khodakovsky, commander of the Vostok brigade, Vuhledar direction:

“There are no critical changes in Ugledar so far. It’s premature to say that we are already on the first streets of the city and are fighting in urban conditions, but we are gradually getting closer. The enemy is trying to withdraw tanks from the city and process our advanced groups, but despite our losses of drones from electronic warfare, we see and react to enemy actions.

Now a few words about tanks, which have been talked about so much lately.

I know those who withstood the hit of the eighty-second mine in the tank, but I don’t know anyone who could boast that after the arrival of the one hundred and fifty-second shell on the tank, the crew would continue to fight. Yes, a hinged hit on the tank's hull may not penetrate, but the impact will be such that heavy contusions are provided to the crew.

I didn’t see a single Ukrainian tank that didn’t try to run away from our fire, when we felt for it, albeit not with armor-piercing, but with heavy ammunition.

So you can get Abrams - but where to get iron men?"

GarryB likes this post

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #37 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #37

Post  Arrow Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:53 am

The West plans to send F-16s to Ukraine. Probably everyone in NATO will donate a few pieces. The question is whether these planes will be coordinated by AWACS from the Black Sea. If so, Russia should no longer think about destroying AWACS.

owais.usmani likes this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:05 am

Given the current developments, I would go as far as put down a statement that reconnaissance aircraft (e.g. RQ-4 Global Hawk) will be perceived as supporting the enemy and will be shot down in the black sea regardless of flying on international waters.

They will think Russia is taking the piss; the UAV is then subsequently downed. The US is not going to engage a Russian jet over unmanned UAVs and will most probably keep their AWACS away from the front afraid of being exposed to the general public of taking active part (which they do, but refuse to admit).

GarryB, Big_Gazza, The-thing-next-door, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:12 am

Yes ukies will not be as skilled as Americans crews which will further hinder them

GarryB and owais.usmani like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:16 am

Couldn't Russia just temporarily or permanently fry the electronics of an AWACS and a Global Hawk.

To me, its far bigger than this. As the Politico article illustrates.
    Whats next? 400 US jets sold to the Pukraine? 2000 mile range missiles?

In England, as an analogy, if you fund someone's libel action if they cannot afford it, then you are liable for the other side's costs, if they lose. And its the same thing here. The Pukraine isn;t waging this war. Its Uncle Satan of Washington. Because even if the Pukraine wanted to (and of course only a tiny fascist/nazi part does) it would have been unable to do so.

America should pay the price for its attacks on Russian people. The only question is how.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and owais.usmani like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:38 am

Like firing a Poseidon and detonating just outside of US borders underwater. Should provide a warning without causing casualties, but without enough visual impact. You want and need to send a message. Back off, right now.

For the UK, they are lucky their underwater cables are still operational after what they did. The only thing saving them is concrete hard evidence.

GarryB and owais.usmani like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:43 am

Operations of Sturm-S Tank hunters in Ukraine

RF Grad battery salvo fire at Ukrainian concentrations near Kremennaya

M777 howitzer destroyed in the Krasnolimansk direction

BMPT Terminator 2 neutralizes Ukrainian Infantry near Kremennaya

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:43 am

I think the US wants to strike anything and everything in Crimea and that is probably why they are planning to deliver US planes.
    If there are already deliveries of F-16s, there could also be deliveries of F-18s, which are also available in European air forces.
    I think they also want to exert additional pressure on the Russian population with possible airstrikes on the energy infrastructure of Russia in the areas close to Ukroshitstan.
    That "pressure" would almost certainly have an even worse counter-effect among the Russian population.
    If the story with airplanes starts the same as with tanks, then it seems to me that we are on the road of no return.

It seems to me more and more that the USA will not stop because there are no more sane people at the top of the American government...

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs and Broski like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:53 am

That depends on how you define sanity. If sanity is - 10% for the big guy for every weapons contract - or increasing dependency of vasal states on the US by enabling their destruction, or going long speculating on stock changes.

They well sure know what they are doing but they just don't care. Any moral compass is broken, people/citizens are just things that can be used to drive agendas and achieve personal gain. I am sure a lot of these people are salivating just with the thought of making a buck by expanding the conflict into something more worse; for others that is.

It has always been that way. The only positive side of this is we might finally see S400 taking down a F35/F22 destroying the perception of stealth being able to fool modern radar systems.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole, Scorpius, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:59 am

The F-35 and F-22 would come last, yes, if a direct conflict had already begun.
    Nothing makes me happy about all that and there are no winners, except maybe the Islamic world and everything south of the equator.

flamming_python and zare like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:07 am

Very Happy

GarryB likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:11 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #37 - Page 12 Fnaihm10
    Pork stew in an iron can. Real German quality.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, zepia, famschopman and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:17 am

Now hold your chairs, because this is pure gold.

A friend of mine just told me, that Ukrs didn't have to call a mobilization yet, so great the war is going.

No, he is not an idiot - actually one of the brightest guys I know.

Only fully covered with the MSM shitstream.

When I told him, that there is a 10th wave of mobilization now in progress, and for a while, they are hunting males on the streets - he was simply shocked.

This is the picture those media whores are building and serving the ordinary people.

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Lapain and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:20 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #37 - Page 12 Fnaguf10
    Leave this way or die.

The good thing about the propaganda BS is that in a few months
    the exceptional ones can walk away from the sunk Titanic (404) 
    and claim it never happened. Or tell more lies about the Russians
    lost the war, even with russian flags flying above Kiev and Odessa.
    This is the only way out for us.

GarryB, franco, psg, flamming_python, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:23 am

Edit: Think I was wrong.

Last edited by zorobabel on Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 am

The Russian embassy in Germany said on Wednesday the decision to send 14 German-made Leopard 2 tanks to Kyiv and allow allies to re-export the same models would worsen the war in Ukraine and lead to “permanent escalation"

extremely dangerous decision takes the conflict to a new level of confrontation and contradicts the statements of German politicians about the unwillingness of the Federal Republic of Germany to be drawn into it,” Ambassador Sergei Nechayev said.

“It destroys the remnants of mutual trust, causes irreparable damage to the already deplorable state of Russian-German relations, and casts doubt on the possibility of their normalisation in the foreseeable future.”

Russia’s foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in a post on the Telegram messenger app that the German decision confirmed what she said was a “pre-planned war” against Moscow.

Kyiv has for months called for Western tanks, arguing they are desperately needed to give troops firepower and mobility to break through Russian defensive lines and recapture occupied territory in the east and south.

Moscow has repeatedly said Western-supplied tanks will “burn” and dismissed suggestions they will affect the outcome of the 11-month conflict, warning they will only prolong Ukrainian suffering.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/1/25/russia-denounces-germany-over-dangerous-tanks-decision

GarryB, franco, Firebird, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, famschopman and like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:29 am

US tanks have always been outdated rubbish. The Shermans were a laugh. Only a failed Jew and asslicker from American cinema can think that they are going to defeat Russia with that junk. He would have asked his blood friends for the Merkava. (Ups! It's true that they were destroyed in Lebanon)

The United States still lives on the propaganda of the 1st Gulf War. It would be nice if Russia could pulverize their tanks with its missiles and show the world its supremacy.

Big_Gazza, Hole and owais.usmani like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:35 am

Tornado-S missile strike :

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/76470

Single, parachute retarded (yes, I know, it is a nasty hate speech word Laughing ), corrected, kabooom.

GarryB, flamming_python, zorobabel, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:36 am

Why does the Russian embassy care about Germany if it is known that that country is not independent? what a waste of paper and internet are those communications

flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:52 am

Holy Shocked those terminators are violent. You don't want to be on the receiving end. Somehow funnily the BMP then shooting is like a small dog barking but hiding behind a much larger dog.
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/76471
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:56 am

Those are not Terminators.
    Just ZU-23-2 on a BMD chassis.
    Still very effective, 23x152 ammo carries OZ family of rounds. Oskolechno-Zazhygatielny. Fragmentation-incendiary (forgot the name, LOL)
    HEI I guess is an English name of it. In the forest like that, it is a bloody Texan chainsaw.https://t.me/intelslava/43827

Edit :

Here you have the Terminator ...

https://t.me/intelslava/43827

Just mark the difference Twisted Evil

By the way, quite interesting tactics.
    At first I thought that he release aerosol to cover from some ATGMs.
    But no. It is AG-17 in action. They shoot a tree line some 10 m above the ground, causing the grenades to explode and cover the area with fragments. Possible a solution against AT teams that could close in and try to hit it with portable AT weapon.
    Just ... look at this hell ...

Last edited by ALAMO on Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, famschopman and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:12 am

Will the F-16 or F-18 in Ukrainian hands really change much? Lets even say they go full Korea (Soviet test pilots and aces in MiG alley flying MiG 15s and pretending to be Chinese or Korean), how will they protect their air fields? If they just plop in Ukrainian Kamikazees it won't make too much of a difference because they will be woefully untrained on a machine they have no experience in using.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole, owais.usmani, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:17 am

I wonder when Ukraine will get so desperate for arms that they invade Transnistria lol. lol!

When I visited in Tiraspol they had soviet apartment blocks fenced off with armed guards in them. The locals told me that they are filled with weapons on every floor as well as the basement. They told of a train had left GDR with millions of weapons and ammunition. And stayed overnight before heading to Russia. Most of the weapons were offloaded and even villages were vacated to house the weapons, these villages to this day are fenced off and guarded. Some arms were used in Transnistria conflict but majority are still there. Mostly small arms, Manpads, RPG of various types, ATGWs, SPG-9, 82/120mm mortars, HMG, AGS, mines, grenades, as well as some 122mm and 152mm ammo. Once Russia liberates Odessa these arms can be distributed amongst newly liberated areas militia. There far too much just for Transnistrian forces lol. And ammo arms might as well be used up as it's getting old. No point in wasting it.

GarryB, franco, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Godric, Hole and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:18 am

Really don't see the point of these stupid "Hey don't send them stuff, you risk harming our already shit relations" Like da ****, They had to know the second they went into Ukraine everyone was going to give them the middle finger and that diplomatic relations where dead day 1

owais.usmani likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:28 am

When I visited in Tiraspol they had soviet apartment blocks fenced off with armed guards in them. The locals told me that they are filled with weapons on every floor as well as the basement. They told of a train had left GDR with millions of weapons and ammunition. And stayed overnight before heading to Russia. Most of the weapons were offloaded and even villages were vacated to house the weapons, these villages to this day are fenced off and guarded. Some arms were used in Transnistria conflict but majority are still there. Mostly small arms, Manpads, RPG of various types, ATGWs, SPG-9, 82/120mm mortars, HMG, AGS, mines, grenades, as well as some 122mm and 152mm ammo. Once Russia liberates Odessa these arms can be distributed amongst newly liberated areas militia. There far too much just for Transnistrian forces lol. And ammo arms might as well be used up as it's getting old. No point in wasting it.

It is hardly a secret. One of the biggest in Europe weapon storage is there. Belonging to the 40th Army, to begin with.
    Most of the weapon withdrawn from Eastern Europe was shipped to two locations - Kaliningrad and Transdnistria.
    As the storages from Kaliningrad were gradually displaced among the whole Russian warehouse systems, the ones left in Transdnistia were left for obvious reasons. The area is one big warehouse. Cobasna, Rybnica ...

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Godric and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:15 pm