Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+13
higurashihougi
sundoesntrise
par far
JohninMK
calripson
AlfaT8
GarryB
kvs
Isos
PapaDragon
miketheterrible
franco
RTN
17 posters

Ukraine economy and society

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Ukraine economy and society - Page 2 Empty Re: Ukraine economy and society

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:55 pm

Antonov has appealed to the international aviation community and all people concerned to join efforts to revive the legendary An-225 Mriya, the world’s largest cargo aircraft
    The restoration of the aircraft will cost more than $3 billion and take time.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-society/3439020-antonov-suggests-intl-crowdfunding-effort-could-revive-mriya-giant.html
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:29 pm

sundoesntrise wrote:
    Firebird wrote:Has anyone here heard the bizarre sounding theory, the gist of which is below:-

"The Ukraine will be split up and the Nazis will die/leave... eventually But part of it will become a "new Israel".LOts of Jews will come back or just come from Israel. The claim is that shit will happen at some point in the Middle East, rendering Israel unsuitable.
    Plus there are some oligarchs in Israel who have a lot of power eg Kolomoiski"

My view is that the whole thing sounds as weird as shit. BUT I heard it from 2 sources. One inside Russia, one from a Russian writer who lives in the USA (and hates it). I also saw some strange "Jews in Ukraine" channels appearing on Youtube.

I wonder if the US Deep State might be exploring such an idea. Of course they would like the idea of a manipulable state near Russia. One which is very connected to the US Deep State already. ANd of course Israel already has nukes.

I think it sounds a bit OTT. But I wonder where this rumour originated from? ANd what is the truth, if indeed any of it is?

Please share some of the videos here. I'd like to have a look myself.

Also on the topic of Khazaria, Zionism and the natural of Jewry a 1961 interview with Benjamin Freedman, former Jew and expert on Zionism. According to him there is quite a bit of truth to the Khazaria theory and the structuring of Khazaria as a second Jewish homeland would make sense.

Video doesn't work, link here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jmM0wCpsUa4

The one source was a paid Patreon account of the Russian blogger, Ladaray.com

The one who talked about Jews in the Ukraine generally was a YT channel called Henry Abramson.
    Abramson strikes me as an absolutely tosser. I didn't really watch his videos. Just caught some fairly antiRussian langugage. Basically I think greed for money/power/intellectual vanity blinds some of these people.
    Its seriously fucked up the are Jews actually supporting Nazism - Kolomoiski, Zelensky (is he even Jewish?) and the rabid gang over in Washington.

The other source I had was an email from Russia.

PS Garry yes there is a Jewish autonomous oblast in the far east of Russia, a little east of the new cosmodrome.
    A pretty quiet place as I understand.

d_taddei2 likes this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:31 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:Antonov has appealed to the international aviation community and all people concerned to join efforts to revive the legendary An-225 Mriya, the world’s largest cargo aircraft

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-society/3439020-antonov-suggests-intl-crowdfunding-effort-could-revive-mriya-giant.html

I dread to think how many fuckwits might contribute to that... to get Azov and co more arms.
    3 bn would be a whole manufacturer from scratch. (Which is what "Antonov" would need).

I doubt Russia would need much more than 275 or so million USD to do it.
    Given that the 225 is basically a "cut and shut" An-124. Albeit with a lot of addons.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs, JohninMK and VARGR198 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:40 pm

Firebird wrote:
    Given that the 225 is basically a "cut and shut" An-124. Albeit with a lot of addons.

Steal only millions, love only princesses Laughing
    If you can rob 3bln, why stop at 275mln? Laughing
    "The world community" is ripe enough for harvesting.

GarryB, Firebird, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon and kvs like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:10 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:Antonov has appealed to the international aviation community and all people concerned to join efforts to revive the legendary An-225 Mriya, the world’s largest cargo aircraft

This smells of a grift.

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon and Airbornewolf like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:27 am

kvs wrote:

This smells of a grift.

It comes with a Nigerian prince, some Florida wetlands, and a bridge in Brooklyn. Wink

GarryB, Airbornewolf, kvs and JohninMK like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:24 am

I dread to think how many fuckwits might contribute to that... to get Azov and co more arms.
    3 bn would be a whole manufacturer from scratch. (Which is what "Antonov" would need).

Arseholes fleecing idiots... a fool and his money are soon parted... whether it is claims to rebuild a plane when they don't control the factories it was built in... perhaps the 3 billion includes building factories too... or, more likely the money disappears and is never seen again and they wont return your calls or your money...

It was a purpose built aircraft specifically designed to haul around over sized objects on its back for the Soviet space industry... if the Russians don't want it then there is no point in building it... it costs 50% more to fly than the An-124 does because it has 6 engines instead of 4, which are not amazingly reliable.

The aircraft the Russians use is a bomber from the Myasishchev design bureau, which only has a payload capacity of 15 tons but that is plenty for fuel tanks and rocket motors inside fairings carried on its back.

The An-225 would allow a fully fuelled and loaded Buran to be carried within its 250 ton payload capacity, and I did read somewhere it was used to carry the Buran up to altitude for glide tests with jet engines fitted to the Buran to allow go arounds if needed...

No Buran means no need for An-225, though future plans for future shuttle and space craft design might made a modified H tail version of Slon worth while.

kvs and JohninMK like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:36 am

Russia should carry through with the Buran successor program just to rub it into the west's face. Russia needs to leverage its
    6% of global GDP contribution (via key exports) when its GDP fraction is only 2%. That is Russia is still subsidizing the world
    and getting pissed on by the self-declared leading part of it. There is enough slack in the current arrangement to afford a
    few national "vanity" projects.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 24, 2022 11:52 am