Some photos more of "Ascold", scond ship launched in Kerch shipyard
The "Askold" is the second ship under construction of the contract signed on August 5, 2016 between the Ministry of Defense of Russia with JSC Zelenodolsk Plant for the construction of five serial small missile ships (MRK) of project 22800 for the Russian Navy.
The construction of 3 of the 5
RTOs ordered under this contract is being carried out in Kerch.
-Lead project 22800 under this contract "Cyclone"(serial number 801)
was quietly laid down at the Zaliv shipyard in Kerch on July 26, 2016. "Cyclone" was launched in Kerch on July 24, 2020 and is currently preparing for the start of factory sea trials in Novorossiysk.
-The second project 22800 "Askold" (serial number 802)
under construction in Kerch was laid down there on November 18, 2016 and has now been launched.
-Also in Kerch,the third MRK "Amur" (serial number 803)
, laid down on July 30, 2017.2 of the 5 of the contract above iat Zelenodolsk Shipyard
-On February 26, 2019, the [b"]Tucha" MRK (serial number 804)[/b] was laid down at Zelenodolsk Shipyard, which became the first ship of project 22800, which is actually being built in Zelenodolsk.
-On September 11, 2019 in Zelenodolsk, the same type of RTO "Taifun" (serial number 805)
was laid .
Let us recall that theproject 22800 (code "Karakurt") was developed by JSC "Central Marine Design Bureau" Almaz "(St. Petersburg) and should replace the MRK of project 21631 ("Buyan-M") developed by JSC" Zelenodolsk design bureau".
The construction of the first seven RTOs of project 22800
since 2015 has been carried out by JSC Leningrad Shipbuilding Plant Pella (Otradnoye, Leningrad Region), which by now has delivered the first three ships of this type that entered service with the Baltic Fleet
- "Mytishchi" (laid under the name Hurricane ", renamed in 2018, serial number 251, commissioned by the Navy on December 17, 2018),
- "Sovetsk" (laid under the name" Typhoon ", serial number 252, commissioned on October 12, 2019) and
- "Odintsovo" (serial number 253, was laid under the name "Shkval", put into operation on November 21, 2020).
The completion of the construction at the Pella plant, which is protracted due to problems with the supply of the main diesel engines, is
- the fourth MRK of this project "Burya" (serial number 257, launched on October 23, 2018), as well as three more ships of the project 22800
- "Kozelsk" (Laid as" Storm ", serial number 254)
- "Okhotsk" (serial number 255) and
- "Vikhr" (serial number 256), the hulls of which were built at the FSUE "Shipyard Sea" in Feodosia (Crimea) and then towed along inland waterways to Pella for completion in November 2019 - May 2020.Four more RTOs of project 22800
are being built at Amurskiy Shipbuilding Plant (ASZ)
in Komsomolsk-on-Amur, where they were laid down in 2019-2020 - Rzhev, Udomlya, Pavlovsk and Ussuriysk (factory numbers 201 to 204). Earlier, two more ships were contracted by Vostochnaya Verf JSC (Vladivostok), but in September 2020, the Russian Ministry of Defense canceled the contract for them.