Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+104
TMA1
The-thing-next-door
thegopnik
BliTTzZ
caveat emptor
11E
Podlodka77
Cheetah
Arkanghelsk
Sujoy
nero
owais.usmani
limb
Big_Gazza
ALAMO
Rasisuki Nebia
Russian_Patriot_
Finty
lancelot
Yugo90
gbu48098
eridan
Kiko
Gomig-21
Stealthflanker
mnztr
d_taddei2
jhelb
RTN
Arrow
Rodion_Romanovic
Azi
dino00
eehnie
Scytales
archangelski
Hole
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
LMFS
Jhonwick3
MC-21
OminousSpudd
Nasr Hosein
T-47
AMCXXL
Dorfmeister
Tsavo Lion
KiloGolf
Isos
Singular_Transform
AlfaT8
moskit
marcellogo
franco
George1
VladimirSahin
ult
crod
SeigSoloyvov
jaguar_br
Vann7
Giulio
Walther von Oldenburg
JohninMK
TheArmenian
Mindstorm
Andre73
Teshub
zg18
coolieno99
zackyx
KoTeMoRe
Berkut
higurashihougi
Mike E
GunshipDemocracy
Werewolf
Project Canada
NationalRus
flamming_python
kvs
Morpheus Eberhardt
chinggis
zepia
max steel
Svyatoslavich
Mak Sime
Anas Ali
alexZam
mack8
medo
Austin
TheSentinel
Cyberspec
collegeboy16
magnumcromagnon
Viktor
Firebird
nemrod
sepheronx
TR1
Kimppis
GarryB
108 posters

VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2

owais.usmani

VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2

Post  owais.usmani Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:45 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    If it was sabotage then where's the culprit?

https://ria.ru/20130823/958134582.html

https://ria.ru/20130823/958143958.html

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Friday that a government commission had determined the degree of guilt of the leaders of the Khrunichev Center responsible for the crash of the Proton-M rocket. According to him, Alexander Kobzar, deputy general director for quality at the Khrunichev center, Valery Grekov, head of the final assembly shop, and Mikhail Lebedev, head of the technical control department, were dismissed for improper performance of duties in the manufacture and preparation for launch of the Proton-M launch vehicle. In addition, he noted that a number of officials were also brought to disciplinary responsibility, who did not provide the necessary technologies and control during the assembly of the Proton-M launch vehicle.

lancelot likes this post

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2

Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:43 pm

Shoigu aircraft falling
    https://www.apn.ru/index.php?newsid=40256
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:38 pm

owais.usmani wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

https://ria.ru/20130823/958134582.html

https://ria.ru/20130823/958143958.html

Date: 23.08.2013

You are joking, right?

They had a whole graveyard of wreckages since then

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:19 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:Shoigu aircraft falling  
    https://www.apn.ru/index.php?newsid=40256

Very weak logic and no real world data to support own thesis. On top the title as taken from The Sun or Das Bild level newspapers :-)
    You really must spend day to look for such niche "experts" dont you?

kvs, miketheterrible, Hole and lancelot like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:40 am

Russia should make one big cental aerospace museum to store all that historic stuff

It's all over the place now, it needs one focal point

And it should be enclosed

I like the idea but I think FP is right too... having sites around the place attract tourists to small places people might not otherwise go, so maybe set up a centralised organisation for an aerospace museum that has branches throughout the country in places of significance where this stuff can be saved and people working to save this stuff get support and assistance and the work can be coordinated and funding assistance where needed can be applied for... it could be linked to those patriot parks they have.

Some could be big and some could be smaller.

Over time they could organise other things like having something nearby that might appeal more to women so the women can go to that and the men can look at the stuff they are interested, or they can include stuff that has a broader appeal in the places themselves so people with little interest can have fun too.

You mean if it was a mistake where is the culprit. A saboteur is likely to hide evidence that points to them and try to hide their crime making it less likely they are caught.

Not being able to track him down is again incompetence so we are back to main problem: incompetence

Not being able to track him down suggests he might have had help, or just was effective in covering his own tracks.

Shoigu aircraft falling

I am not opening your links, so you can describe what it is about and we can talk about it, or you are just wasting your own time.

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:02 am

No, there r certain sites I go to regularly.
    A fish usually rots from the head down; I don't see any fault in his conclusions.
    Thx for ur concern, but there r others who do open my links.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:24 am

Nope.

miketheterrible likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:11 pm

Isos wrote:

Nope.

People laugh at Tsavo and his links. Mostly because they represent him, a moron.

I can easily refute the claims.

Look at total crashes of Jets per country, total amount of planes and come back to us.

You will see Russia doesn't have much of a problem. It is one of the biggest countries for military flights. Issues bound to happen. See US and their crash rates as example

But Tsavo is too stupid to understand that

Hole likes this post

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:56 pm

With right leadership & prevention measures, there could & should be less crashes- & that's the bottom line.
    So far this year, 52 civ. & mil. people died there in accidents.
    The civil aviation is dual use & its safe operation is an asset to RF security.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:07 am

I don't see any fault in his conclusions.

I don't see any of his reasoning or his conclusions... you could describe them... or there is nothing to discuss.

With right leadership & prevention measures, there could & should be less crashes- & that's the bottom line.

Are you joking?

The leadership of a country has nothing to do with flight accidents or car accidents or accidents with fire arms... why don't you blame the world increase in cancer on Putin too... except it is western companies pumping out shit like Glyphosate that is actually the problem there and of course the snack food industry that puts sugar and fat in everything.

Over 40,000 Americans died in car crashes too... must be Bidens fault I guess... that is almost as many as died in the war in Vietnam that took 10 years or more... and how many are dying because of over the counter prescription medication... a hell of a lot more than 40K... but the US government does nothing.... bastards.

So it is not Putins interests that someone supposed to be getting good wages is not getting good wages, but plane crashes is his problem?

Like I said... I hope you are joking.

Enormous effort is going in to aircraft safety... new systems at airports with lasers to detect wind shear and weather features etc etc...

They investigate accidents and incidents and try to learn and get better... the fact that you think it is just up to Putin and that he should be able to pass laws to prevent air accidents is quite frankly insulting... to our intelligence.

BTW I watched the promo for the new Top Gun movie and with Tom Cruise flying low and fast through mountains... all I could think of was when that Intruder was flying low and broke the cables on that cable car and murdered 70 or so people... I say murdered because the pilots filmed the flight but destroyed the tape, so it was clearly a crime and they clearly destroyed evidence... which US president was at fault that day?

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:32 am

[quote="GarryB"]
    I don't see any of his reasoning or his conclusions... you could describe them... or there is nothing to discuss.
    open the link, google translate- I'm not an interpreter-commentator here.

The leadership of a country has nothing to do with flight accidents or car accidents or accidents with fire arms...
    below it is the leadership of related industry & mil. commands & units were accidents taken place- that's the 1 was referring to.
    Over 40,000 Americans died in car crashes too... must be Bidens fault I guess... that is almost as many as died in the war in Vietnam that took 10 years or more... and how many are dying because of over the counter prescription medication... a hell of a lot more than 40K... but the US government does nothing.... bastards.
    so u r suggesting the Russians have nothing to worry about as long as their own accident rate is not above those statistics?
    So it is not Putins interests that someone supposed to be getting good wages is not getting good wages, but plane crashes is his problem?
    I could care less about him; certainly crashes r caused by multiple factors, incl. problems at the top.

the fact that you think it is just up to Putin and that he should be able to pass laws to prevent air accidents is quite frankly insulting... to our intelligence.
    if u've read the article, u wouldn't be assuming that I think any of the above.

when that Intruder was flying low and broke the cables on that cable car and murdered 70 or so people... I say murdered because the pilots filmed the flight but destroyed the tape, so it was clearly a crime and they clearly destroyed evidence...  which US president was at fault that day?
    human nature & their culture was at fault.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:39 pm

GarryB wrote:

The author on link was "national democrat" form Russia meaning "Putin is soft and mediocre we need a stronger one" and IMHO was using simple stats to prove assumed thesis and not drawing any concussions from data.

There are more accidents because there is by order of magnitude more flight hours in Russian AF under Shoygu. There are new models and heavily reworked/upgrades ones.

BTW so far there were 2 accidents with Su-57? and how many F-22 and F-35? looks like Us fighters are not only poorly designed but also maintained Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

miketheterrible, Hole and lancelot like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:51 am

It is not a translation problem, it is me not wanting to open such a link.

so u r suggesting the Russians have nothing to worry about as long as their own accident rate is not above those statistics?

No, I am suggesting they do what they have always done... have open investigations to learn the actual cause of the crashes that is based on evidence and not some Internet based lynch mob, that finds the causes and then endeavours to find solutions and corrections that will either reduce or preferably eliminate the chance of the same problem happening again.

I could care less about him; certainly crashes r caused by multiple factors, incl. problems at the top.

Unless Putin sits at his desk with voodoo dolls of pilots and pokes pins in them when they are known to be flying their planes, there are not problems at the top causing crashes... except if you count Polish leaders demanding pilots land planes in bad conditions where air traffic controllers have told them not to try.

But I believe those particular politicians have already paid a price for that... along with everyone else on that plane.

Already told you I don't read your linked articles... I don't have that much time to read that much rubbish.

Filming the flight likely didn't cause the crash, but destroying evidence that could have been of use in working out what actually went wrong... they should have automatically gotten the highest penalty for doing that, it shows they only cared about themselves and nothing for the victims of their crime... the US military is to blame and the US government is also to blame for not holding them to account... but then it seems when they think they are the worlds police then they can shoot a few darkies or in this case foreigners and it is OK...

BTW so far there were 2 accidents with Su-57? and how many F-22 and F-35? looks like Us fighters are not only poorly designed but also maintained

Air Accidents happen... the only truly effective way to stop them is to stop flying...

It is easy enough to fit ejection seats to all aircraft, but that would raise the cost of flying anywhere to the point where no one would fly so you still save lives but the solution is worse than the cure.

Everyone takes a bit of a risk in life every day... it seems when I go shopping at the supermarket there is a change there might be a nutter with a knife and a chip on their shoulder wanting to kill some evil white people who took them and their families in for ISIS...

Should I blame the prime minister? It was hardly Horse Faces problem.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:33 pm

Archangel Michael on board a Russian fighter jet
    VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2 - Page 27 Lhoqmx10

GarryB, George1, GunshipDemocracy, miketheterrible, TMA1 and Finty like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:04 am

When you post links here you are making them part of a conversation it is up to you to translate what they are saying or their basic points for the conversation here.

You create a responsibility when you post the links... it is OK if you can't be bothered.... that is fine... but do not post links without explaination... otherwise it will be considered SPAM.

below it is the leadership of related industry & mil. commands & units were accidents taken place- that's the 1 was referring to.

The leadership could only be responsible for deaths if it was not enforcing safety rules and letting tired or drunk pilots fly unsafe aircraft... we wont know what the problems were till we get the results of the investigations.

There are a lot of factors to consider, like flying hours and number of flights... if flying hours have tripled and the number of flights has gone up by 100 times but the number of fatal incidents is the same as previous years, though the death toll might be artificially high by a large transport with a lot of people happening to crash and therefore skewing the numbers up, then I would say there is not a huge problem, though every incident needs to be investigated and solutions found where appropriate.

Do you understand how silly you sound... I don't care about Putin but if he has a bad day then people crash planes and die... or do they die when he has a good day?

Which is why it is important to discuss things yourself instead of posting other peoples ideas and thoughts.

Their culture meant there was no fault... how dare those people use that cable to damage that American plane... those pilots were put at risk by those people... pilots risking their lives every day to keep the entire western world safe from Komunism. Rolling Eyes

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:07 am

Apples and oranges. Like other people said the article compares current operations at a much higher tempo to earlier years.
    Then there are facts like comparing people with different times in power and acting as if this is the same (deaths under one leader as a metric).
    Instead of using deaths per year per mile traveled or trip taken.

We also have more crashes with prototypes of new aircraft. Well you don't have prototype crashes if you don't develop new aircraft.
    Or at least whole new aircraft. The list continues.

Hopefully there are proper procedures in place to ensure similar crashes don't happen again or are mitigated.

GarryB likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:30 pm

Canadian f-18 escorting russian su-30 off Romania. Interesting weapon choice. I wonder why they sent it there with those missiles and bombs.

VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2 - Page 27 Fapddk10

VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2 - Page 27 Fapddk11
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:32 am

Hard to be sure but that Su-30 seems to be carrying two R-27 AAMs and two Kh-31 missiles and a single iron bomb under the engine nacelle...

It would be a weapon load to attack an air defence site with the Kh-31s taking down the search and tracking radars.... once they are down the iron bomb could take out the missle vehicles/trailers, with AAMs for self defence...
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:21 pm

The bomber regiment on the Su-34 will be relocated to Voronezh by the end of 2021

The 47th Bomber Aviation Regiment will be relocated to Voronezh by the end of 2021 on Su-34 aircraft. This was announced on Thursday, October 14, by the press service of the Russian Defense Ministry.

It is noted that the regiment will be redeployed from Buturlinovka from November 15 to December 15. This was reported to the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Sergei Shoigu during his working trip to Voronezh.

The minister was also informed that the Zhukovsky and Gagarin Air Force Academy (VVA) has created conditions for training specialists in the maintenance and repair of aviation equipment. Thanks to this, in a few years, up to 70% of the volume of repair work will be carried out in the troops, where, after training, specialized specialists studying at the Air Force Academy are sent.

The aerospace forces will reach this level by 2026, Shoigu said. At the same time, the Minister of Defense noted that along with well-trained specialists, the troops will have modern equipment for the repair of aircraft.

NOTE: the regiment had been moved to Buturlinovka Air Base while the Voronezh Airfield was completely rebuilt... took a lot longer then originally planned but appears to be completed finally.

https://iz-ru.translate.goog/1235704/2021-10-14/bombardirovochnyi-polk-na-su-34-perebaziruiut-v-voronezh-do-kontca-2021-goda?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=nui

GarryB, PapaDragon and LMFS like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:19 am

Russian Mikoyan MiG-31 scrambled to escort US B-1B Lancer bomber over Sea of Japan

https://tass.com/defense/1350527

GarryB and Finty like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:13 am

Status-6
    @Archer83Able
    ·
    8h
    (1/2) Very good catch by @The_Lookout_N
    . It appears that it's the Anadyr airbase (Chukotka, Far East Russia) from which the two Tu-95s are taking off.

Anadyr isn't a primary base of Russia's Long-Range Aviation, although there were deployments of bombers in the past there.

(2/2) You can even see 4 Tu-22M3 bombers sitting on the tarmac at Ugolny/Anadyr airport on the satellite pic above.

The latest deployment of Tu-95s wasn't announced earlier.

VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2 - Page 27 FCTqCd3WQBgYJrW?format=jpg&name=small

VVS Russian Airforce Force: News #2 - Page 27 FCTrLRvXIAEVZdb?format=jpg&name=medium

GarryB, George1, PapaDragon, zepia, zardof and Finty like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:44 pm

Multi-faceted air support for ground formations

October 28 - Army Aviation Day.

The army aviation ends this year with good results. All planned exercises were carried out, the flight crew fully complied with the flight standards. The supply of new helicopter technology continues, the training and material base of military units has been improved. To date, tests of new helicopters are also being successfully completed.

This year, according to the combat training plan, an emphasis was placed on the joint training of army aviation pilots with the airborne assault unit of the Airborne Forces.

An army aviation brigade was tested in a new organizational and staff structure, with which measures were taken to support the assault operations of mobile forces both during the day and at night. And in the future, these formations performed combat training missions with participation in the joint strategic exercise "West-2021".
    The training and material base of military units of the army aviation is being developed on a planned basis. This year, computer classes with procedural simulators were deployed in two army aviation brigades of the Eastern and Southern military districts and in two helicopter regiments of the Central and Eastern military districts. By the end of the year, the installation of a training and simulator complex in the helicopter regiment of the Western Military District will be completed.

On the territory of the Republic of Serbia, the next joint Russian-Serbian tactical flight exercise "The Brotherhood of Aviators of Russia and Serbia - 2021" ("BARS-2021") was held. This is the sixth joint exercise since 2015. This year, its scale was expanded, the drawing of tactical episodes was carried out from two airfields: Batainitsa and Ladzhevtsy. Aviation equipment, new for the Serbian side, was involved - Mi-35 helicopters. Considering that all Serbian pilots who participated in the exercise were trained for new aviation equipment in the Russian Federation and know Russian, the issues of interaction in joint crews did not cause difficulties.

Tests of Mi-28NM helicopters are nearing completion. The Mi-28 combat helicopter has proven itself well in the army, has been tested in the Syrian Arab Republic. Modernization work will further enhance its combat capabilities. The tests take place on time.

The new Mi-26T2V transport helicopter was specially designed for the Air Force. It has increased combat survivability, installed a new flight and navigation system, implemented automated en-route flight, provided the ability to use night vision goggles and installed an upgraded communications complex. All this will expand the scope of tasks.
    The tests of the Mi-38T helicopter for the Ministry of Defense are nearing completion. The delivery of the first helicopters in the "Salon" version will begin next year. Also, helicopters of this type are being developed in the variants of an airborne transport and an electronic warfare helicopter.

In 2021, according to the plan for equipping helicopter units, four Ka-52 helicopters were delivered. By the end of this year, it is planned to supply eight Ka-52 helicopters, ten Mi-8AMTSh-VN and one Mi-26T2V to the Southern and Western military districts. We are conducting theoretical and practical retraining of flight personnel for new models of aviation equipment at the 344th Center for Combat Use and Flight Personnel Retraining of the Russian Ministry of Defense (Torzhok). Further training of pilots continues in military units and formations according to the course of combat training of army aviation.

The command of the Air Force controls the training of cadets of the Syzran branch of the All-Union Scientific Center, including the state certification of graduates. The educational base is constantly being improved and, accordingly, the level of training of graduates is increasing. The training is carried out with theoretical training for new modernized helicopters. The flight practice of cadets takes place at three airfields (Syzran, Sokol, Pugachev), the flight standards are fully met. Upon graduation, graduates are assigned to helicopter regiments and army aviation brigades of the Russian Ministry of Defense and to military units of other federal executive bodies, where they continue their training.
    All personnel who have linked their lives with army aviation, I congratulate you on your professional holiday! I wish you good health, prosperity, trouble-free flight operations and success in defending our Motherland!

https://redstar-ru.translate.goog/mnogogrannaya-vozdushnaya-podderzhka-nazemnyh-formirovanij/?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=nui&_x_tr_sch=http

GarryB, dino00, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Hole and Finty like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:05 pm

Good read, thanks for sharing
    nero

Post  nero Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:23 am

Putin: "[...] the Aerospace Forces, one of the most powerful, high-tech, and maneuverable branches of the modern Russian military. Russia’s reliable protection from an aerospace attack and maintaining strategic parity directly depend on their combat readiness and technical equipment." [...] some of our foreign colleagues have not abandoned their attempts to undermine this parity, including by deploying elements of their global missile defense systems in the immediate vicinity of our borders. We cannot fail to notice these threats to Russia's security. Under the state armament program, over the past four years, 25 S-400 systems and over 70 modern fighter jets have been produced, and more than 20 S-300 systems and 90 aircraft have been modernized. We need to  improve aerospace defense. This need has been prompted by the leading countries’ developing innovative strike weapons with advanced speed parameters... US plans to deploy medium-range missiles in Europe are well known... and pose a great danger and threat to us. [...] our troops must be supplied, in the next few years, with an additional >200 aircraft and 26 S-350 and S-400 systems, as well as the first production prototype or first production models of the latest S-500 system. PVO-PRO should reach 80% modern equipment by 2025-2027.

1. https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1455289606354702340
    2. http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/67051

There's some interesting take aways from this:

our troops must be supplied [...] with an additional >200 aircraft

Assuming the translator didn't screw up the 'in the next few years', I wonder which aircraft-series he is referring to, given that most orders to the VKS are already fulfilled by Sukhoi/Mig. (I assume it also includes rotor aircraft, but nevertheless).

our troops must be supplied [...] with an additional [...] 26 S-350 and S-400 systems

It is interesting to finally hear about plans to procure S-350's, especially in such quantities.

PVO-PRO should reach 80% modern equipment by 2025-2027.

This is pretty lofty goal to achieve within just 3-5 years. I guess it depends highly upon what the percertange is at the current time.

Overall it seems that Russian Aerospace Defense forces are going to get a lot of additional hardware to work with, likely phasing out older S-300P systems (whilst I am sure they'll still keep the S-300V family ones). I wonder what system is poised to replace the 9K33.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:13 am

Overall it seems that Russian Aerospace Defense forces are going to get a lot of additional hardware to work with, likely phasing out older S-300P systems (whilst I am sure they'll still keep the S-300V family ones). I wonder what system is poised to replace the 9K33.

S-300V is an Army system and is not used by the Airforce or Navy AFAIK.

200+ new planes would likely be light planes like the MiG-35 and also a Checkmate type... whether it is actually Checkmate or the light single engined MiG model displayed at MAKS21, or a twin engined version.

I wonder if they would count S-70 type drones amongst the new planes?

Perhaps a new type of unmanned "fighter" designed to shoot down enemy drones and munitions by flying up to their altitude and getting close and using cheap guided short range missiles to engage cheap drone and munition like threats...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 pm