Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+57
Dr.Snufflebug
lyle6
AlfaT8
Rodion_Romanovic
wilhelm
Swgman_BK
sepheronx
Azi
caveat emptor
walle83
Gazputin
magnumcromagnon
Podlodka77
flamming_python
Hole
Arkanghelsk
Bob Bollusc
medo
Autodestruct
pukovnik7
thegopnik
slavjunk
dino00
Scorpius
Big_Gazza
owais.usmani
mnztr
Kiko
Daniel_Admassu
Sujoy
Rasisuki Nebia
d_taddei2
RTN
Eugenio Argentina
limb
lancelot
zepia
Russian_Patriot_
ALAMO
littlerabbit
Mindstorm
SeigSoloyvov
GreyHog
kvs
Lennox
JohninMK
hoom
Mir
marcellogo
GarryB
Gomig-21
George1
Atmosphere
Backman
Isos
Broski
PapaDragon
61 posters

Sukhoi LTS "Checkmate" #2

GarryB
    GarryB

Sukhoi LTS "Checkmate" #2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Sukhoi LTS "Checkmate" #2

Post  GarryB Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:17 am

If the maximum take-off weight of the Su-75 was 18 tons, it would be the same as for the MiG-29.

MiG-29 family aircraft max out at 22 to 24 tons MTOW... with a modern fighter having thrust vectoring engine nozzles means ability to manouver is astounding...

Most of the time modern aircraft are going to be flying high and fast and launching missiles at max range.

Flight speed and altitude count there and thrust to weight ratio indicates acceleration only... the MiG-25 has two 11 ton thrust engines so it has less power than a Su-27... guess which is fastest?

And this also means that one "izdeliye-30" engine would have to power the Su-75 aircraft, which has a nearly 50% lower maximum allowable take-off mass than the Su-57.
    What is the truth, time will tell.

The Su-75 seems to have a 3,000km flight range and a max payload of 7 tons.... both of which are vastly higher than a light fighter would normally use on a normal combat mission, so normally it will not be operating at anywhere near it MTOW.

When launched to intercept a threat it will likely have half fuel and 4-6 AAMs so it would probably be 13 tons or less on takeoff.

It may be better to spend resources on the cheaper Su-75s over the Baltics and the Black Sea than on the Su-57s, since the NATO countries in that area will have nothing but single-engine F-35 fighters.

Honestly I actually believe that by the time the F-35 is in widespread service in Europe that Russia could have MiG-35s in service in large numbers and while not an astounding design, its radar could be state of the art for the time and its new air to air missiles are going to be the same missiles as fitted to newer types.

The job of the fighter is to get missiles to where you need them and launch them at the enemy planes and I think the MiG-35 can do that cheaper and easier than any F-35.

I absolutely believe the F-35 is going to destroy HATO because its costs are horrendous... I mean the EU knows how badly they work together on military projects and yet many have said instead of getting the F-35 they will work with their neighbours to make their own new 5th gen light stealth fighter.

I don't think they could agree on the colour to paint it let alone a name they all like.

Why would nuclear iskander be needed? Noone is threatening Russia with nuclear weapons

Europe is HATO now so rather than fight them with planes Russia should just accept it is a closed border and nothing of interest is there.

Rather than having lots of planes and tanks to defend the border I think he is suggesting a hard border where if you try to attack us to cross it we wont send planes to stop you, we will use nukes to destroy the threat to our country. It is simpler and cheaper.

So rather than moving large numbers of men to the Fin border which costs money and raises tensions... remember HATO is a peaceful organisation that spreads love and friendship, so we now have US listening posts and air bases so why are you (Russia) increasing your military strength near our border.

Well you joined a gang whose entire purpose was to fight us and kill us so when you allow the US to put bases on your territory... all of which should have violated the CFE treaty if it existed any more, so Russia needs to change its defense posture to cater to the new level of hostility coming from Finland.

And the Americans will not trade their own cities for Helsinki or any other NATO state

They don't give a shit about their european meat shields, but that is not to say Finland is now anti Russian and Russia needs to change its military posture in response to the open change to being HATO friendly like they have always been... they fought with German Nazis in WWII.. why not American nazis to start the next one.

This is why France has its own independent nuclear deterrent, its well known in Europe that Washington will not use nuclear weapons on Russia for eastern European countries

And yet they trample their own rules and laws to scamper under the hem of Americas big dress...

So conventional weapons are sufficient to beat limitrophe states , against F35, Su35 and s400 with AWACS is enough

I suspect he means that if war starts with HATO then the enormous border with finland is a big area to cover... actually destroying all their major cities might be a quicker and easier way of nullifying the threat they pose rather than having to send troops in to deal with the threat.

There is no new territory Russia needs to conquer or to add to the Russian Federation so destroying it quickly and efficiently with nukes would be rather easier than having to send in large amounts of conventional forces, which would free conventional forces up to take parts of the Baltics that would allow a land route to Kaliningrad after the conflict.

kvs likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:04 pm

Sukhoi LTS "Checkmate" #2 - Page 26 00000010

Saw this interesting patent image and description on paralay's website. The front nose fairing and cockpit are detachable so that a single seat or drone setup can be changed back and forth to the desire of the customer. True modularity. Awesome!

GarryB, kvs, Manov, Gomig-21, thegopnik, LMFS, Hole and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:08 am

Podlodka77 wrote:A few days ago it was announced that with afterburner thrust "izdeliye-30" engines would give the maximum power up to 17.5 - 19.5 tons.

Do you have a source?
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:09 am

The patent for the modular design above:

https://new.fips.ru/registers-doc-view/fips_servlet?DB=RUPAT&DocNumber=2807558&TypeFile=html

kvs likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:52 am

Saw someone posted this on secretprojectsuk. Do not know the original source of the image.

Sukhoi LTS "Checkmate" #2 - Page 26 Screen10

dino00, Gomig-21, LMFS and Hole like this post

Gazputin

Sukhoi LTS "Checkmate" #2 - Page 26 Empty yeah saw that

Post  Gazputin Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:01 am

every day it seems to look more like in concept the F-16XL that never got built
    except in plan form it is starting to resemble the Saab Viggen

2 of the most beautiful cranked-delta designs ever in my opinion ....
    if it looks good .... it will be

having said that - deltas tend not to be popular on aircraft carriers
    due to high approach landing speeds
    so I think navy will go Su-57 carrier version ....

Gomig-21 likes this post

marcellogo
    marcellogo

Post  marcellogo Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:47 pm

Gazputin wrote:every day it seems to look more like in concept the F-16XL that never got built

High landing speed was a problem for first generation of deltas.
    Su-75 has horizontal control surfaces, just merged with the cranked delta design.
    Note that there is also the S-70 to consider for carriers.

Gomig-21 likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:48 pm

TMA1 wrote:Saw someone posted this on secretprojectsuk. Do not know the original source of the image.

Posted by UAC at their Telegram channel

https://t.me/s/uac_ru

https://t.me/uac_ru/2051

Hole and TMA1 like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:13 pm

Thanks homie. Paralay's site doesnt even have any images posted on their board. Also they are more critical of Russian MIC than nafo troons. Wtf ruskies have some self respect. Are these examples of the so-called "sixth column"?

GarryB and LMFS like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:49 am

Some people are very afraid of being hurt or upset so they always expect the worst... Putin is about to sell us out for a nice billion dollar estate in Florida, that sort of thing so when bad things happen (and occasionally they do) they wont be upset because they expected worse.

It also means when they are wrong they are happy because when they are wrong good things happen.

I understand it, but it is a very negative way of viewing the world and such people can't be put in charge of anything... they can only be critics they can never be value creators because a pessimist will never take risks.

If pessimists were in charge of the Russian Navy they would have thousands of ships... and they would all be 1980s corvettes and frigates... because they were cheap and easy to mass produce.

Su-75 and Su-57 are/were risks, but risks worth taking... no matter how they turn out.

Also you have to understand half their market or maybe more, is westerners who would not approve of a Russian site that was too pro Russia and not skeptical at all...

Manov, Gomig-21 and TMA1 like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:26 am

I never thought about it that way.
    Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:54 am

Gazputin wrote:every day it seems to look more like in concept the F-16XL that never got built

Rafale M. Granted it's Euro-trash-canard and not cranked-delta but still delta enough with an overall small wing surface area yet has an even smoother carrier landing than the behemoth F/A-18 Super Hornet. And those Navy & Marine pilots drop them things on the deck like boulders.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am