Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+34
flamming_python
George1
andalusia
Tingsay
jhelb
Scorpius
RTN
11E
Kiko
Tsavo Lion
JohninMK
Vann7
Arrow
GarryB
PapaDragon
magnumcromagnon
Rodion_Romanovic
AlfaT8
Yugo90
franco
miketheterrible
Regular
lyle6
Sujoy
Aristide
Maximmmm
kvs
Isos
par far
LMFS
SeigSoloyvov
Hole
dino00
Cyberspec
38 posters

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #2

kvs
    kvs

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #2

Post  kvs Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:12 pm

The AstraZeneca/Oxford concept for the vaccine does not have any particular advantages. It does not matter what vector virus you use as long as it is safe.
    So using a primate adenovirus only involves more risk compared to using human adenoviruses. Both function identically in their delivery of genetic material.
    In fact they are not the primary functionality of the vaccine. It is the choice of which components of SARS-CoV-2 to include in the vector virus/es that
    determines the efficacy of the vaccine. For the AstraZeneca vaccine to develop such severe side effects indicates that there is a major screwup.

It is possible that the primate adenovirus is selectively targeting the spinal column compared to other tissues of the body. This is causing an autoimmune response
    and the chronic inflammation syndrome. Or it may be the choice of Covid-19 strain genetic components that have molecular morphology that fools the immune
    system into making antibodies that attack some protein target in the spinal column (and other nerves). Clearly this Oxford vaccine has not passed Phase I and II
    even if the clowns responsible for it are claiming it has.

LMFS likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #2

Post  Isos Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Must be really stupid to let them inject you something made by Oxford...

They are the type of people who believe in Eugenist theories and think the 99% live to serve the 1%...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:U can travel to other worlds by reading more books & watching youtube! Adversity build character.

That is nonsense. I love to travel the world. I am young and want experience how the world is. To travel is one of the most important things to me.

This year my trip to iceland was pushed to next year april. My australia trip pushed to next year may. It sucks to have two big travel so close. This year i was at least able to travel in France to Corsica but i think more and more about far travel. What i want see and i start to feel imprisoned
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:18 am

The amusing thing is that travel is going to continue to be difficult because the experience with the virus will be different so letting people into a country from one area might lead to a different strain of the virus spreading that might reinfect people who had another strain in the current situation, so people who survived the previous strain might have to endure it all over again.

I suspect a lot of poor countries will have to accept that a percentage of their population are going to die and just let tourists in anyway... sort of a cull of the weak, because the consequences of no tourists will cost them a lot of badly needed income... or perhaps the start of every holiday in a new country starts with 2 weeks of isolation at $3-4 grand, and another two weeks when you go home... I suspect holidays are going to get much longer...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:16 am

GarryB wrote:The amusing thing is that travel is going to continue to be difficult because the experience with the virus will be different so letting people into a country from one area might lead to a different strain of the virus spreading that might reinfect people who had another strain in the current situation, so people who survived the previous strain might have to endure it all over again.

I suspect a lot of poor countries will have to accept that a percentage of their population are going to die and just let tourists in anyway... sort of a cull of the weak, because the consequences of no tourists will cost them a lot of badly needed income... or perhaps the start of every holiday in a new country starts with 2 weeks of isolation at $3-4 grand, and another two weeks when you go home... I suspect holidays are going to get much longer...

I doubt that with a virus not much worse than a common flu...

Beside that, we already have a vaccine ready soon.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:34 am

If u r so addicted to travel, than spending time in quarantine shouldn't affect u much.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:27 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:If u r so addicted to travel, than spending time in quarantine shouldn't affect u much.

What? As usual you make little sense.

I tell you my typical schedule. I board aircraft and fly to Paris, stay a day there, then fly from there to Dubai. Transit and fly to Australia. There start my adventure right from day one, usually stay 25 days there.

In 2015 i did Seychelles, Madagascar, Mauritius and Réunion. In 2016 i did entire Chile. In 2017 Peru and Bolivia. In 2018 i did Australia and in 2019 New Caledonia. 2020 in planned Iceland and Australia again but because this shitty Virus was locked to Corsica.

And thats just the big trips and doesnt include small one week trips to Germany, Egypt, Russia and so on.

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #2 - Page 5 Fw4prmqk

But its not just because of me. The collapse of tourism is also a big problem for France. Many of our oversea territory depend heavily on tourism. French Polynesia, Réunion, New Caledonia and so on.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Killed a lot of people and spreads very easily. If it is not a big deal why are you in quarantine?

Why are you not able to travel now if it is not a big deal?

I don't think New Zealand will open up its borders to people who have been vaccinated, and so I would suspect many other countries would think the same.

I would guess a few of the poorer countries who depend on tourism would relax their borders just to start making money again but in doing so if they get sudden problems with mass infections... well they might close their borders just as fast... which could be a problem if you get trapped there... and other countries might see this and decide not to let their borders open either to avoid the problem...

The collapse of tourism is also a big problem for France.

Why don't you help your country and plan trips around France?

Why are you so desperate to leave all the time?

It is great here... trout season is due in a couple of days and no foreign tourists, so travelling around doing all sorts of fun things has never been easier here...
    Maximmmm
    Maximmmm

Post  Maximmmm Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:27 pm

GarryB wrote:

It is great here... trout season is due in a couple of days and no foreign tourists, so travelling around doing all sorts of fun things has never been easier here...

Visiting places has been awesome during corona. I went to a few places including Germany, Italy and Austria with the girlfriend this summer and it was like having the place to yourself.
    The best thing? No masses of asian tourists. You can actually enjoy the places, absolutely phenomenal.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:42 pm

GarryB wrote:

Killed a lot of people and spreads very easily. If it is not a big deal why are you in quarantine?

Why are you not able to travel now if it is not a big deal?

I don't think New Zealand will open up its borders to people who have been vaccinated, and so I would suspect many other countries would think the same.

I would guess a few of the poorer countries who depend on tourism would relax their borders just to start making money again but in doing so if they get sudden problems with mass infections... well they might close their borders just as fast... which could be a problem if you get trapped there... and other countries might see this and decide not to let their borders open either to avoid the problem...

The collapse of tourism is also a big problem for France.

Why don't you help your country and plan trips around France?

It kills not even 10% of what the common flu virus kills. Its deathrate is 0,0037%, which is same as the 2018 flu season.

Its an excuse from some circles to limit civil rights.

I do think New Zealand will open its borders to people who are vaccinated. New Zealand depends heavily on tourism. Its tourism is dieing. You can say your national airline goodbye, your entire tourism industry.

I do regulary trips through France...thats not the same as discovering the world. I travel to learn new.

We are two different kind of peoples Gary. You never leave your village and in climb the Andes and hike through Patagonia.

And France has teh most widespeard area on the earth. I simply cant reach many of our territory right now, because nonstop travel is not possible. To go French Polynesia or New Caledonia i have to transfer either in USA or Japan.

All this because a Virus that has killed only 1 million GLOBALLY. Thats simply a joke. Over 95% of infected dont even notice any symptoms.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:41 pm

You must be quite lost in your life to need to travel that much...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:05 pm

More than 1 million people have now died of the coronavirus worldwide, less than nine months after the first death was confirmed in the Chinese city of Wuhan. The US, Brazil, India and Mexico account for more than 50% of the total death toll. What’s worse: Cases in these stricken countries are still skyrocketing. India recently surpassed 6 million cases, and 95,000 people have died in the country -- although Indian officials warn these numbers may be woefully underreported. More than 141,000 people have died of the coronavirus in Brazil, the second highest total in the world, and the US tops the grim list with more than 200,000 deaths. While the world holds out hope for a vaccine to curb the devastation (35 are now in human trials around the world), health experts worry that the death toll may double before any widespread relief is available. CNN

It kills not even 10% of what the common flu virus kills. Its deathrate is 0,0037%, which is same as the 2018 flu season.
    Across all age groups, a mean of 127 092 (95% CI = 64 046-190,139) annual influenza-associated respiratory and circulatory deaths may occur in India.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7182391/

So, in 3 months more Indians may die of covid than of common flu.
    The pandemic statistics r better viewed for each affected country separately.

And France has the most widespread area on the earth. 
    u forgot about the UK- it has islands off N. & South America, in the S. Pacific, & Indian Ocean as well.
    China + Taiwan & India r many times bigger than France & its possessions, but even if their borders r open & u wanted to travel there now, strict rules would be imposed to stop the virus' spread & reduce the death toll.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:More than 1 million people have now died of the coronavirus worldwide, less than nine months after the first death was confirmed in the Chinese city of Wuhan. The US, Brazil, India and Mexico account for more than 50% of the total death toll. What’s worse: Cases in these stricken countries are still skyrocketing. India recently surpassed 6 million cases, and 95,000 people have died in the country -- although Indian officials warn these numbers may be woefully underreported. More than 141,000 people have died of the coronavirus in Brazil, the second highest total in the world, and the US tops the grim list with more than 200,000 deaths. While the world holds out hope for a vaccine to curb the devastation (35 are now in human trials around the world), health experts worry that the death toll may double before any widespread relief is available. CNN

Across all age groups, a mean of 127 092 (95% CI = 64 046-190,139) annual influenza-associated respiratory and circulatory deaths may occur in India.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7182391/

So, in 3 months more Indians may die of covid than of common flu.
    The pandemic statistics r better viewed for each affected country separately.

And France has the most widespread area on the earth. 
    u forgot about the UK- it has islands off N. & South America, in the S. Pacific, & Indian Ocean as well.
    China + Taiwan & India r many times bigger than France & its possessions, but even if their borders r open & u wanted to travel there now, strict rules would be imposed to stop the virus' spread & reduce the death toll.

Tell me any distance a chinese or indian would have to fly that even remotly comes close to Paris - Noumea
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Isos wrote:You must be quite lost in your life to need to travel that much...

To experince the world is a big part of my life.

Thats why France conquered half of the planet, while others just sit on their ass and never leave their farm...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:36 pm

AristideTell me any distance a Chinese or Indian would have to fly that even remotely comes close to Paris - Noumea- didn't u complain that there r no direct non-stop flights between France & New Caledonia? There r large communities of Chinese & Indian diasporas in W. Europe, Africa, the Americas, & S. Pacific. The PRC & India operate scientific stations in the Antarctic, the most remote continent. wrote:To experince the world is a big part of my life.
    Thats why France conquered half of the planet, while others just sit on their ass and never leave their farm...
    Ur syllogism is amazing: "France conquered half of the planet", even if true, not because experiencing the world is/was a big part of ur or any1 else's life. 
    https://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-syllogism.html

As discussed earlier on other threads, France bit more than she could chew & lost most of her colonies to others.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:19 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    AristideTell me any distance a Chinese or Indian would have to fly that even remotely comes close to Paris - Noumea- didn't u complain that there r no direct non-stop flights between France & New Caledonia? There r large communities of Chinese & Indian diasporas in W. Europe, Africa, the Americas, & S. Pacific. The PRC & India operate scientific stations in the Antarctic, the most remote continent. wrote:To experince the world is a big part of my life.
    Ur syllogism is amazing: "France conquered half of the planet", even if true, not because experiencing the world is/was a big part of ur or any1 else's life. 
    https://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-syllogism.html

As discussed earlier on other threads, France bit more than she could chew & lost most of her colonies to others.

There is no other country that still owns more colonial land than us.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:31 am

But the US $ is still a reserve currency- that makes all who use it to pay tribute to the US economy.  Ecuador has no other currency & Panama has both $ & Balboa.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:34 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:But the US $ is still a reserve currency- that makes all who use it to pay tribute to the US economy.  Ecuador has no other currency & Panama has both $ & Balboa.

Its in french DNA to travel the world.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:40 am

I've been around the World twice, so it's in my DNA too. I even joined the USN to do that.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:28 am

Visiting places has been awesome during corona. I went to a few places including Germany, Italy and Austria with the girlfriend this summer and it was like having the place to yourself.
    The best thing? No masses of asian tourists. You can actually enjoy the places, absolutely phenomenal.

Most of the touristy places in New Zealand really put me off to be honest... so artificial and plastic... and very much like assembly line entertainment...

Everything is so much more expensive for no reason except greed.

Must rather go out into the countryside and have a pub meal and go for a walk or a hunt or both.

Its lethality is probably no worse than the average flu, but it is 1,000 times more contagious... even then wouldn't be a problem if people washed their hands and followed a few simple hygiene rules... but people are ignorant and lazy so we have to lock them up in isolation.

I do think New Zealand will open its borders to people who are vaccinated. New Zealand depends heavily on tourism. Its tourism is dieing. You can say your national airline goodbye, your entire tourism industry.

The problem is that the first vaccinations will likely be Russian so as a good little sycophant of the US we likely will deny it is real, and demand proof, so how could we then accept any other vaccine?

And as I said, I am not an international traveller so why should I care about the national airline... shut it down for 10 years while issues regarding safe international travel are worked out and then bring it back into life... they can focus on regional transportation in the mean time and down size. Close our airspace to other airlines so they don't have to compete with anyone...

More worried about this travelling to learn... sounds like he gets more travelling done than lessons done sadly...

France murdered and thieved its way around the world for a few centuries so you can visit places where they speak French... interesting education you have had on your travels...

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 pm

GarryB wrote:

Most of the touristy places in New Zealand really put me off to be honest... so artificial and plastic... and very much like assembly line entertainment...

Everything is so much more expensive for no reason except greed.

Must rather go out into the countryside and have a pub meal and go for a walk or a hunt or both.

Its lethality is probably no worse than the average flu, but it is 1,000 times more contagious...  even then wouldn't be a problem if people washed their hands and followed a few simple hygiene rules... but people are ignorant and lazy so we have to lock them up in isolation.

The problem is that the first vaccinations will likely be Russian so as a good little sycophant of the US we likely will deny it is real, and demand proof, so how could we then accept any other vaccine?

And as I said, I am not an international traveller so why should I care about the national airline... shut it down for 10 years while issues regarding safe international travel are worked out and then bring it back into life... they can focus on regional transportation in the mean time and down size. Close our airspace to other airlines so they don't have to compete with anyone...

More worried about this travelling to learn... sounds like he gets more travelling done than lessons done sadly...

France murdered and thieved its way around the world for a few centuries so you can visit places where they speak French... interesting education you have had on your travels...

You will open by next year as evryone else or your economy gets killed off. Remember tge last time you tried to anger France and we made even Australia turn their back on you.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:01 pm

More than 63 million people in India may have contracted Covid-19, according to a new study. That stunning figure is 10 times higher than the official tally for the country of 1.3 billion as officials acknowledge cases could be severely underreported. In the US, two new studies found coronavirus cases surged among young people just as colleges got back in session. It’s one harbinger of the increased fall and winter outbreaks so many medical experts have warned about. Some European leaders, like Germany’s Angela Merkel, have reinstated restrictions in preparation for a predicted winter surge. On a positive note, the World Health Organization has announced a deal to make about 120 million rapid Covid-19 tests available to low- and middle-income countries across the globe. And early data shows promising results from Regeneron's antibody cocktail to treat coronavirus patients. CNN

You will open by next year as evryone else or your economy gets killed off. 
    The Tahiti tourism & Covid-19 situation isn't ging to be much better:
    https://thepointsguy.com/news/trouble-in-paradise-an-example-of-why-some-are-reluctant-to-book-international-travel/

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-new-zealand-french-polynesia-archive-tahiti-5b1830fc2e18c81478150567a8e55f56

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/424929/tahiti-covid-19-surge-tops-500-cases

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/destinations/tahiti-now-open-to-tourism-heres-what-to-expect.html

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/09/12/paci-s12.html
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:More than 63 million people in India may have contracted Covid-19, according to a new study. That stunning figure is 10 times higher than the official tally for the country of 1.3 billion as officials acknowledge cases could be severely underreported. In the US, two new studies found coronavirus cases surged among young people just as colleges got back in session. It’s one harbinger of the increased fall and winter outbreaks so many medical experts have warned about. Some European leaders, like Germany’s Angela Merkel, have reinstated restrictions in preparation for a predicted winter surge. On a positive note, the World Health Organization has announced a deal to make about 120 million rapid Covid-19 tests available to low- and middle-income countries across the globe. And early data shows promising results from Regeneron's antibody cocktail to treat coronavirus patients. CNN

You will open by next year as evryone else or your economy gets killed off. 
    The Tahiti tourism & Covid-19 situation isn't ging to be much better:
    https://thepointsguy.com/news/trouble-in-paradise-an-example-of-why-some-are-reluctant-to-book-international-travel/

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-new-zealand-french-polynesia-archive-tahiti-5b1830fc2e18c81478150567a8e55f56

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/424929/tahiti-covid-19-surge-tops-500-cases

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/destinations/tahiti-now-open-to-tourism-heres-what-to-expect.html

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/09/12/paci-s12.html

And? This has to happen so herd immunity can start to form.

You cant lock humanity forever, because shit like this.

I dont follow this rubbish, i wear no mask in public. I dont write my data in restaurants. When i visit a restaurant, i write as name Darth Vader and fictional adress.

I already had COVID-19 in July and you know what? I did not even feel anything. I had a little headache and fever for 2 days and that was it.

People in Europe dont accept this bullshit anylonger. In Madrid they pulled the mayor out of office and beat her up when she wanted another lockdown.

This Virus is a joke and harmless.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:34 pm

This Virus is a joke and harmless.
    it is to u at ur current age & condition, but not to many of those who r younger & older & to whom ignorant folks like u spread it. After a while new mutations will hit even those who had it before, degrading their health more, if not killing them.
    Actually, the world will benefit if all those deniers & parasites like u get sick & r taken out of the gene pool sooner rather than later.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:More than 63 million people in India may have contracted Covid-19, according to a new study. That stunning figure is 10 times higher than the official tally for the country of 1.3 billion as officials acknowledge cases could be severely underreported. In the US, two new studies found coronavirus cases surged among young people just as colleges got back in session. It’s one harbinger of the increased fall and winter outbreaks so many medical experts have warned about. Some European leaders, like Germany’s Angela Merkel, have reinstated restrictions in preparation for a predicted winter surge. On a positive note, the World Health Organization has announced a deal to make about 120 million rapid Covid-19 tests available to low- and middle-income countries across the globe. And early data shows promising results from Regeneron's antibody cocktail to treat coronavirus patients. CNN
    I'm not sure how acute the problem of corruption is in US and West at the grass root level. Though I've lived in E.U I was not exposed to corruption on a daily basis. However, corruption at the grass root level is a major problem here in India.  

I'm quite certain that this figure of 63 million is false and western media is once again spreading fake news. Millions of people across India were forced by local governments to undergo compulsory COVID-19 tests at private hospitals. These tests are expensive ranging from $2000 - $ 5000. After the tests were completed patients were told they tested -ve. Only a handful of patients tested +ve.

Obviously western news will say there are 63 million people in India suffering from COVID-19 because a few months from now they are planning to sell an expensive vaccine.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:48 am