MS-21 - digest for August-2021, 31/08/2021.
The actions of foreign "partners" who supplied components for the construction of the MC-21 aircraft delayed its creation by five to six months. This was announced on August 22 by Russian President Vladimir Putin at a meeting with representatives of the United Russia party.
He added that work on the MS-21 will be completed in the near future, and the vehicle will appear on Russian domestic routes as scheduled. The President specified that by 2030 the MS-21 will occupy a 57% share in the market of narrow-body aircraft in Russia, the remaining 43% will be for foreign aircraft.
First of all, the president had in mind the cessation of supplies at the end of 2018 of components and materials for the production of a composite wing of an aircraft. However, in a short time, the enterprises of Rosatom mastered the production of domestic carbon fibers that meet the strength requirements and can be used in the load-bearing structures of the liner. The first serial MS-21 with a wing made of Russian PKM will take to the skies in December this year. In November, the aircraft will be transferred to the flight test shop.
Here are some milestones for late summer 2021:
Start of strength tests of a wing made of Russian PKM - July 2020.
End of strength tests of a wing made of Russian PKM - end of 2021.
Obtaining a type certificate - by the end of 2021
Delivery of the first aircraft to the customer - end of 2021.
Now it is already known that there will be no end of the certification of the liner and the start of deliveries this year, everything has been postponed to 2022. As has been reported more than once, Rossiya Airlines should receive the first MC-21 in the summer of next year. These dates were confirmed on August 29 by the head of the United Aircraft Corporation Yuri Slyusar in an interview with the host of the program “Moscow. Kremlin. Putin ”to Pavel Zarubin on the Russia-1 TV channel.
“The newest Russian medium-haul airliner MS-21 will start operating regular flights as early as 2022,” said Yuri Slyusar and added that next year, customers will receive four fully finished aircraft.
The head of the Ministry of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov told the Zvezda TV channel about the same time frame at the Army-2021 International Military-Technical Forum: “Planned work is underway. At the end of next year, they must complete the entire cycle of testing and certification. Having received a certificate from our Russian aviation agency, we will begin deliveries to our first commercial customers. These are the companies "Aeroflot", "Russia" ".
Barnaul network edition "Talk" reportedAugust 9, that the Altai company "Nortek" is looking for ways to supply tires for the Superjet 100 and MS-21 aircraft under the import substitution program. Now tires of the French company Michelin are installed on these aircraft.
The company has a problem - in order to obtain the right to supply tires for domestic civil aircraft, it needs to conduct bench tests of tires - this is a mandatory requirement. But there are only three stands in the world where this could be done - in the USA, India and China. Nortek came out with an initiative to allow him to conduct tests in Asia, and in this he was supported by the Irkut corporation, but the proposal ran into an unsolvable problem.
“The tire must be tested on a wheel rim, and it is classified as classified. Accordingly, we cannot take out the disc. That is, in fact, we have an industry that can produce tires, a center of competence, but we cannot bring it to mind due to the fact that we run into secrecy, ”said Vladimir Yakovlev, a representative of the enterprise, at a strategic session on the development of the chemical industry on August 5 in the Altai Territory.
He said that "Nortek" came out with a proposal to include the project for installing a stand in the state program with the prospect of placing it in Barnaul. It is impossible to do this directly through the enterprise, since it is private, therefore it is proposed to use the Altai State Technical University named after V.I. I.I. Polzunov. Manufacturers have sent an appeal to President Vladimir Putin, but no decision has yet been made.