Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian War: News #22

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:39 pm

    Whole lot of stuff on this airstrike a couple of days ago at this link. Looks like what could be a major munitions dump.


    Aurora Intel - #StayHome
    @AuroraIntel
    ·
    20h
    Update: #Tadmur, #Syria, alleged Airstrikes affiliated to the #IDF on the 20th April 2020 against #IRGC targets. After looking around the area in the centre of Tadmur I didn't notice anything obvious (I'll go back and check again) however, moving North due to reports I noticed...

    https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1253029027977277442

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 EWEyqygWsAA2L4Z?format=jpg&name=small
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 2433
    Points : 2415
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 pm

    GarryB wrote:How about Turkey does what it promised and separates the so called moderate rebels from ISIS and Al Quada first?

    They cannot do it, they have a very loose group on the rebels.

    Not saying they want to but the rebels would just tell them to take a hike, You need to understand this. The rebels know, the Turks need them for their political goals, so the rebels aren't inclined to lesson if they don't want to.

    Just like with those joint Patrols, the Turks told them to stop making problems, the rebels told them "F off, we will do what we want"
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 28950
    Points : 29478
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  GarryB Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:33 am

    They cannot do it, they have a very loose group on the rebels.

    I think the real problem is that fundamentally there are no moderate terrorists.... they are all as bad as each other and trying to separate out those peace loving democracy loving terrorists, from the blood thirsty head choppers and woman burners is pointless because they have all done a bit of that and continue to do so...

    Not saying they want to but the rebels would just tell them to take a hike, You need to understand this. The rebels know, the Turks need them for their political goals, so the rebels aren't inclined to lesson if they don't want to.

    Just like with those joint Patrols, the Turks told them to stop making problems, the rebels told them "F off, we will do what we want"

    Turkey wants what anyone wants... peace and security on its border... but for a while they were able to buy Syrian oil at super cheap cut rate prices... which they enjoyed and likely are continuing where they can, but the reality is that America supporting the Kurds is just as bad for them as the Russians supporting the Syrians, except during peace time the Syrians don't blow shit up in Turkey and demand autonomy and crap.

    No rebel group is critical... they will soon find themselves expendable and they will be dropped like hot rocks when that time comes.

    Turkey needs to use its position to get more control over the terrorists... shouldn't be hard to stop electricity for a week or water or whatever just to show who is boss... Close the border with Turkey for a day to remind them where the money and weapons and ammo comes from...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:16 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Just like with those joint Patrols, the Turks told them to stop making problems, the rebels told them "F off, we will do what we want"

    You're back, don't say you got some leave Smile

    Anyway, just to put some scale on the Turkish 'investment' in Idlib.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    1h
    Turkey has deployed more than 2,800 units of military vehicles in Greater Idlib, Syria
    since February last year, a total of 10,300 Turkish troops have been sent to Greater Idlib.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9474
    Points : 9617
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  kvs Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:33 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Just like with those joint Patrols, the Turks told them to stop making problems, the rebels told them "F off, we will do what we want"

    You're back, don't say you got some leave Smile

    Anyway, just to put some scale on the Turkish 'investment' in Idlib.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    1h
    Turkey has deployed more than 2,800 units of military vehicles in Greater Idlib, Syria
     since February last year, a total of 10,300 Turkish troops have been sent to Greater Idlib.

    This is a brazen attempt by Turkey to annex parts of Syria. Why not a single use of the word "annexation" by the mass media?
    If Crimea where the vast majority of residents wanted to return to Russian jurisdiction is "annexation", then what
    is this Turkish operation? Charity?

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:17 pm

    Just a reminder of where things are currently for when things kick off again. There is some continuing skirmishing taking place.

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 EWcCSCBWsAE-BTi?format=jpg&name=small
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 2433
    Points : 2415
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:47 pm

    The ideal situation would be to move up north, the problem for the SAA is their numbers problem have shown.

    Last time they tried they left areas lightly defended not by choice and the rebels took advantage of those attacking areas where the SAA was weak.

    Now add in increased Turkish vehicle and infantry, the SAA will have a hard time. The Turks have shown they will strike back just as hard against the SAA if they attack their troops. 10K guys isn't a joke that's a HUGE number for the SAA.

    The SAA isn't going to have it easy here at all. Their chances of liberating Idlib are getting thinner and thinner.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 pm

    Wonder why the US is dropping supplies at night. Are the supply lines that vulnerable?

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    51m
    Night pictures showing the misguides that we talked about days ago and carrying logistical and military supplies that were dropped by the American occupation air forces near the base of the Omar oil field in the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979

    On Friday night, the American occupation forces carried out an "airdrop" operation in the area near the water reservoir of the village of "Ghariba Sharqiya" in the north of the governorate,


    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 EWeiDi6WoAEAEJm?format=jpg&name=small

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 EWeiFxvXgAQs0Sy?format=jpg&name=small
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 819
    Points : 825
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  ultimatewarrior Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:46 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:The ideal situation would be to move up north, the problem for the SAA is their numbers problem have shown.

    Last time they tried they left areas lightly defended not by choice and the rebels took advantage of those attacking areas where the SAA was weak.

    Now add in increased Turkish vehicle and infantry, the SAA will have a hard time. The Turks have shown they will strike back just as hard against the SAA if they attack their troops. 10K guys isn't a joke that's a HUGE number for the SAA.

    The SAA isn't going to have it easy here at all. Their chances of liberating Idlib are getting thinner and thinner.

    Turkey sacrificed hundreds of lives in Syria. No way Turkey will allow SAA to take M4 highway. The sunk cost has been too high for Turkey. Especially now Turkey's economy is in the toilet because of virus.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:22 pm

    My oh my.

    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·3m
    Next Russian-Turkish joint patrol on M4 will be interesting for sure after today events

    fiber_ghost
    @fiber_ghost
    · 1h
    Agreement reached between hts and tsk. Only tsk will patrol on m4-highway Russian occupation forces excluded.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·2h
    The death toll from the clashes between the Turkish army and terrorists on the Aleppo-Lattakia road M4 near the town of Neirab has increased to 5, and the number of Turkish soldiers has been injured, one of them in a dangerous condition

    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·3h
    The helicopters of the TSK carried some seriously injured TSK soldiers to the TSK base located in the Idlib from the conflicts with the HTŞ.
    StepNews
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 819
    Points : 825
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  ultimatewarrior Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 pm

    JohninMK wrote:My oh my.

    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·3m
    Next Russian-Turkish joint patrol on M4 will be interesting for sure after today events

    fiber_ghost
    @fiber_ghost
    · 1h
    Agreement reached between hts and tsk. Only tsk will patrol on m4-highway Russian occupation forces excluded.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·2h
    The death toll from the clashes between the Turkish army and terrorists  on the Aleppo-Lattakia road M4 near the town of Neirab has increased to 5, and the number of Turkish soldiers has been injured, one of them in a dangerous condition

    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·3h
    The helicopters of the TSK carried some seriously injured TSK soldiers to the TSK base located in the Idlib from the conflicts with the HTŞ.
    StepNews

    This is exactly what Erdogan wanted. Russians simply won't be allowed on M4 highway.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:49 pm

    Syrian air defences


    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 EWmwFCNX0AIcoyg?format=png&name=large
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:13 pm

    The war in Libya, and the huge flow of money that Turkey gets from it and which it desperately needs is of course a major reason for the large increases in Turkish troops in Idlib. This is due to the Turkish Army being replacements for the terrorists they send to Libya, said terrorists would not go if they felt that they were needed to protect their families.

    Another bebeficial byproduct to the Turks is that it increases the risk of a direct Russia/Turkey confrontation, a risk that Erdogan is playing against the Russians hence the delay on anything happening re taking control of the M4. The longer the Turks get to dig in the harder it will be to get them out without a major escalation which will get the US panting to get in. Notice the US moves back towards Tabqa this week?

    However the Turks are now running out of terrorist volunteers so out come the press gangs.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    12h
    The Jisr-press website, citing its sources, claims that curators from the Turkish special services demanded by order of the Jeysh al-Sharky and Ahrar al-Sharky groups to provide a list of 500 names of candidates for sending to Libya. Previously, such a dispatch was voluntary.


    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:16 pm

    Wise move, he is a huge PR target. A message that the Russians are staying for a while then.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    13h
    MTR The Russian Armed Forces ensures the security of Tiger Force Commander General Suheil Al Hasan, extended for another two years.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7401
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  Isos Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:24 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Wise move, he is a huge PR target. A message that the Russians are staying for a while then.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    13h
    MTR The Russian Armed Forces ensures the security of Tiger Force Commander General Suheil Al Hasan, extended for another two years.

    Hmeimim and Tartus are permanent Russian bases. They already signed a contract for leasing the bases for a long period if I'm not wrong.

    They will always have some S-400, sukhois, tu-214 and A-50 there. Tartus will be used to have a permanent Mediteranean force. We could even expect some new orders for frigates for the black sea and some kilo from the northern fleet to be sent there because the ones in the Black sea can't go out, only for repairs.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:29 pm

    Not content with sending his proxies to Libya, how about this? More Turkish troops into Idlib to replace them?

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    14h
    After Libya

    The so-called Turkish-backed national army begins preparing lists of militants who will be sent to participate in the battles of Yemen
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:32 pm

    Isos wrote:

    Hmeimim and Tartus are permanent Russian bases. They already signed a contract for leasing the bases for a long period if I'm not wrong.

    They will always have some S-400, sukhois, tu-214 and A-50 there. Tartus will be used to have a permanent Mediteranean force. We could even expect some new orders for frigates for the black sea and some kilo from the northern fleet to be sent there because the ones in the Black sea can't go out, only for repairs.

    I know that, mine was more a comment on the direct support of the Russians into the SAA and in particular on this one man, a national hero.

    The frigates can get in/out at will, only the subs are trapped.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:37 pm

    Not sure who is bombing Israelis, didn't think anyone was. Don't think they have a bat in hell's chance of getting the Iranians out.

    At some point someone is going to have had enough and will knock an IAF plane down over Lebanon.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    14h
    The Zionist War Minister, commenting on the aggression at dawn today on Damascus:
    The goal is to get Iran out militarily from Syria before the end of 2020 Israel will not allow its residents to be bombed while Iran's leaders live a quiet life in Tehran
    ++
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9474
    Points : 9617
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  kvs Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:56 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Not sure who is bombing Israelis, didn't think anyone was. Don't think they have a bat in hell's chance of getting the Iranians out.

    At some point someone is going to have had enough and will knock an IAF plane down over Lebanon.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    14h
    The Zionist War Minister, commenting on the aggression at dawn today on  Damascus:
    The goal is to get Iran out militarily from Syria before the end of 2020 Israel will not allow its residents to be bombed while Iran's leaders live a quiet life in Tehran
    ++

    The "bombing of Israel" in the past has been some the launch of single MLRS or home-made rockets that land randomly near some northern Israeli
    village. Supposedly there were actual deaths from such attacks over a period of 10+ years. These attacks were useful pretexts for "retaliation"
    in Gaza and southern Lebanon. Today any "bombing" would be from ISIS controlled territory near the Golan Heights. Given how friendly ISIS is
    with Israel these would be pure psyop false flags.

    Israel does not have a case against Iran. Support for Hezbollah is not support for terrorism. Hezbollah fought a legitimate resistance war against
    Israeli occupants in southern Lebanon and succeeded in driving them out. Including the 2006 re-invasion. Hezbollah never staged any attacks
    on civilian aircraft or there transport and any civilian infrastructure. Hamas did bomb buses in Israel. Western fake stream media never gives
    their sheeple media consumers a clear picture and context. They deliberately obfuscate terrorism by some dubious elements and all Muslims who
    resist their agenda. Iran is being victimized by Israel since, like Russia in the face of NATzO, it fails to submit.

    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  nomadski Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:38 pm

    Get Iranians out militarily!  But how is this possible? Iran helps build school. Student learns physics. Builds a Rocket!  So stupid to try to divide military from non military. Not possible. Also not possible to keep Iran out altogether. Therefore not possible to keep Iran out militarily.

    Attack Israeli citizens. No do not agree. Better hit TV station and power. No casualties. And maximum political pressure on Zionist to stop war. Like Turkey recently. No need to cause casualty. Just stop them cooking their shish kebob. And watch Eurovision song contest with Usrael  singer. No need to kill anyone.

    https://youtu.be/kRDMeHsGaFU
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 819
    Points : 825
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  ultimatewarrior Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:54 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:The ideal situation would be to move up north, the problem for the SAA is their numbers problem have shown.

    Last time they tried they left areas lightly defended not by choice and the rebels took advantage of those attacking areas where the SAA was weak.

    Now add in increased Turkish vehicle and infantry, the SAA will have a hard time. The Turks have shown they will strike back just as hard against the SAA if they attack their troops. 10K guys isn't a joke that's a HUGE number for the SAA.

    The SAA isn't going to have it easy here at all. Their chances of liberating Idlib are getting thinner and thinner.

    Mods take note. The yankee troll is back again. Shocked
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:04 pm

    ultimatewarrior wrote:
    Mods take note. The yankee troll is back again. Shocked

    Laughing Laughing Laughing
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:06 pm

    Looks like some kind of US buildup. Perhaps this is an overflow, they don't have enough room in their safe bases in Iraq for them.

    RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    24m
    Helicopters of the American occupation forces transport military equipment to the Al-Omar oil field in the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor very intensively, carrying out sorties that numbered nearly 60 sorties, with a convoy reaching the field containing about 300 trucks, inc ammo and armour.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:30 pm

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 EWicNj8WAAIrTs5?format=png&name=small
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:59 pm

    All quiet on the Idlib front apart from local spats.

    Marqab
    @ProNDF
    ·
    2h
    No significant military build-up on any front by SAA forces. 'Huge' military reinforcements are just minor adjustments

    Sponsored content

    Syrian War: News #22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun May 09, 2021 1:22 am