Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+29
Sujoy
Regular
Tingsay
TheArmenian
The-thing-next-door
Odin of Ossetia
kvs
nero
Hannibal Barca
par far
ahmedfire
Admin
franco
PapaDragon
RTN
miketheterrible
flamming_python
Vann7
Rodion_Romanovic
JohninMK
jhelb
Isos
Aristide
andalusia
DerWolf
nomadski
Hole
magnumcromagnon
George1
33 posters

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20

Post  Tsavo Lion Thu May 28, 2020 5:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJVmAQ5sW2U

https://asiatimes.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2049a8663daea00bd30c32cf2&id=1ab1919d84&e=5455568640

https://asiatimes.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2049a8663daea00bd30c32cf2&id=0aae7f6be1&e=5455568640

Coronavirus on the Border: California Hospitals Overwhelmed by Patients From Mexico
    FBI: Florida Man Scouted Terror Targets and Attack Weapons for ISIS
    Another Cruise Crew Member in Coronavirus Limbo Dies of Apparent Suicide
    US Military
    Military Virus Aid Could Look Different if 2nd Wave Hits
    Navy Completes Probe Into the Covid-19 Outbreak Aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt
    Brazil's Bolsonaro Could Soon Be Toppled, Analysts Say, as Coronavirus Cases Surge
    Under-Fire Nicaragua Reports Significant Rise in Covid-19 Cases

https://www.antiwar.com/
    par far

Post  par far Thu May 28, 2020 6:38 pm

"
    Coronavirus to ‘go into HIBERNATION’ in summer – Moscow’s former chief doctor to RT."

https://www.rt.com/russia/490022-filatov-covid19-summer-vaccines/

Right now I don't know, who to trust. The main stream media is all doom and than we have experts coming out and going against the grain.

"Doctor Bill Gates Is Now “President of Planet Earth."

A couple of days ago, I heard from Fort Russ News, that the US Surgeon General (equivalent of the British Chief Medical Officer) Jerome Adams is to officially dump the Bill Gates-CDC-Fauci nonsense predictions and start moving forward with… wait for it: FACTS! Real data, instead of propaganda.1

This will annoy (I hope) Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci, who have made a media tour, threatening the public that businesses may not re-open for six months to a year, or until and unless governments purchase their conveniently patented, Big-Pharma vaccines.

Doctor (actually, college drop-out) Bill Gates is now President of Planet Earth, did you notice the switch. No election. He just is. Laying the down law and telling us what to do, from the heart of arrogance and the depth of ignorance, but bolstered by a degree of self-belief that only a psychotic would demonstrate.

Gates screwed up the computing world and saddled us all with Microsoft mush. Taxed everyone with a computer (in effect), to make himself obscene billions. Now he wants to do the same with health, politics and autonomy. Microsoft grabbed your rights, freedom and intellectual property. Now he wants you, a slave to his megalomania. He’s not a doctor. He doesn’t even have a first-aid certificate!

But there are sane voices out there too:

Professor John Ioannidis is Professor of Medicine, of Health Research and Policy and of Biomedical Data Science, at Stanford University School of Medicine; and a Professor of Statistics at Stanford University School of Humanities and Sciences; director of the Stanford Prevention Research Center; and co-director of the Meta-Research Innovation Center at Stanford (METRICS).

He is also the editor-in-chief of the European Journal of Clinical Investigation. He was chairman at the Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine as well as adjunct professor at Tufts University School of Medicine.

In other words, this guy is no lightweight.

Ioannidis states baldly that we are getting a very distorted picture, because patients who have been tested up to now are mainly those with severe symptoms and bad outcomes.

The one situation where an entire, closed population was tested was the Diamond Princess cruise ship and its quarantine passengers. The case fatality rate there was 1.0%, but this was a largely elderly population, in which the death rate from Covid-19 is much higher.

Among normal, healthy people, the death rate is gradually falling to become about 0.1%, which is average for flu EVERY YEAR. We never locked down in the past!

There are deniers, of course, industry shills, who are paid to keep the fear-mongering going. They quote the distorted statistics for older people and try to pretend that the virus is the total cause of death, not the other 2, 3 or more pathologies which exist at the same time.

However, even some so-called mild or common-cold-type coronaviruses that have been known for decades can have case fatality rates as high as 8% when they infect elderly people in nursing homes.

In fact, as Ioannidis says:

“If we had not known about a new virus out there, and had not checked individuals with PCR tests, the number of total deaths due to “influenza-like illness” would not seem unusual this year. At most, we might have casually noted that flu this season seems to be a bit worse than average.”2

This wise interpretation is backed up by one of the only proper investigative studies, carried out in Santa Clara County, California, in which the authors estimated that the true infection fatality rate is somewhere in the range of 0.12% to 0.2%—far closer to seasonal influenza than to the original, case-based estimates.3

Michael T. Osterholm, a regents professor and director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, is another voice of reason in the jungle of frenzy and fear:

Consider the effect of shutting down offices, schools, transportation systems, restaurants, hotels, stores, theaters, concert halls, sporting events and other venues indefinitely and leaving all of their workers unemployed and on the public dole. The likely result would be not just a depression but a complete economic breakdown, with countless permanently lost jobs, long before a vaccine is ready or natural immunity takes hold.

The best alternative will probably entail letting those at low risk for serious disease continue to work, keep business and manufacturing operating, and “run” society, while at the same time advising higher-risk individuals to protect themselves through physical distancing and ramping up our health-care capacity as aggressively as possible. With this battle plan, we could gradually build up immunity without destroying the financial structure on which our lives are based.4

Previously, the task force was working with predictive models, frequently criticized because of their tendency to exaggerate the possible effect of the virus on the United States. Models predicting the deaths of millions and hundreds of thousands in America appear to be overblown, as the real-time data is showing the death count much lower.

Adams said that the models usually took data from different cultures and places around the globe, but they were able to track more accurately what could happen in the United States based on real data gathered in places such as California and New York.

“We’re following this data every single day, and we’re giving that data to communities so that they can make informed and intelligent decisions about when and where to reopen,” he said.

A significant indicator for communities being allowed to reopen, Adams said, was actual testing data, not a predictive model.

“I feel confident that some places will start to reopen in May and June. Other places won’t; it will be piece by piece, bit by bit, but will be data-driven,” he said.

Real data? What’s he playing at? Oh, science, I guess, not propaganda!

I hope so…

https://www.globalresearch.ca/doctor-bill-gates-president-planet-earth/5714285

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri May 29, 2020 6:54 am

This flu is rather more contagous that regular flu so the containment and control is necessary... people who don't fear the virus think it is all a big conspiracy theory... perhaps if they got their wish and anyone could do as they pleased and everyone got the virus they might have a big more respect.

This is literally a pandemic and unlike the previous ones where they were naturally contained by regions because travel was much more limited and restricted, yet thousands of times more people died... diseases killed more than 70 million people in the 1920s and there was nothing like the populations of people we have today, nor the transport networks and accessibility.

They didn't have medical solutions and neither do we but the death toll after half a year is less than one million and it is mainly because of hygiene and better quality food.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri May 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:24 am

https://www.juancole.com/2020/06/protests-brutality-reichstag.html

https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/chinas-virus-backlash-targets-india-and-hong-kong/?mc_cid=d52d9e49f8&mc_eid=5455568640

https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/north-koreas-police-state-hints-at-covid-19-victory/?mc_cid=d52d9e49f8&mc_eid=5455568640

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add links)
    par far

Post  par far Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:28 am

With all the protests, people are near each and nobody in the media is criticizing them(no doctor or anyone has come out and said anything about them getting the virus), it seems like this whole pandemic is out the window, nobody is talking about the pandemic.

After the riots and looting stop and there is not a huge climb in the cases of Covid 19 in places where all the riots and looting took place, if it safe to say that this whole Covid 19 was a hoax?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:22 am

No.

If nobody with the virus contacts someone who hasn't yet got the virus then the virus does not spread.

Going out and protesting like this and looting will only spread the virus amongst the people protesting and looting if some of them have it... if they are protesting at being kept locked up then they probably don't have it.

If I owned a shop there I would go to the local hospital and get contaminate clothing and bedding from covid 19 patients and then make a nice warm soup out of it and put it in a spray bottle that I could use wearing a Hazmat suit to protect my shop. Mix in a little urine to make it smell bad... and just say to the looters I don't want to hurt you but if you come in to my shop to steal I will spray you with this shit... if your physically threaten me personally I will have a pistol at the very least to protect myself... probably a shotgun too...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:41 am

Most looters seem to be young so are statistically not in the at risk categories. They might catch it but it bounces off.

It seems that the police across the US are reporting that the anarchists who are inflaming peaceful demonstrations and transforming them into violent riots are more organized, better coordinated and supplied than any militants they have seen in civil riots in years. Police intelligence units have uncovered encrypted and walkie-talkie communications as well as social media postings that coordinate the delivery and hiding of weapons and projectiles (including bricks and frozen bottles) and that direct the anarchists to specific locations at specific times.

They comment that the rioters, or more likely their organisers, have upped their game.

The lack of police response in many places seems down to the Democratic authorities wanting to let it rip and the police, not having the politicians protecting their back, don't want to be the fall guys plus in their militised format they are instinctively brutal.. The reason for the inaction being the election in November, this is a total anti Trump operation. It seems that nothing is out of bounds in their attempt to win.

Just wait, soon, possibly tomorrow, there will be a major publicity push by the Democrats centered around the 3, yes 3, memorial  services for Floyd in different parts of the US with all kinds of politicians 'pulling together' with a new three word slogan to carry them forward for the next five months. Oh, and as if by magic the riots will fade away. As a result of 'pulling together' of course rather than instructions Laughing
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:17 pm

This is not a police state. This is the pinnacle of freedom and democracy in the World that all should look up and aspire to.

Lincoln Memorial - Washington

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 - Page 39 EZma56zXsAAjEJ_?format=jpg&name=small
    par far

Post  par far Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:22 pm

GarryB wrote:No.

If nobody with the virus contacts someone who hasn't yet got the virus then the virus does not spread.

Going out and protesting like this and looting will only spread the virus amongst the people protesting and looting if some of them have it... if they are protesting at being kept locked up then they probably don't have it.

If I owned a shop there I would go to the local hospital and get contaminate clothing and bedding from covid 19 patients and then make a nice warm soup out of it and put it in a spray bottle that I could use wearing a Hazmat suit to protect my shop.  Mix in a little urine to make it smell bad... and just say to the looters I don't want to hurt you but if you come in to my shop to steal I will spray you with this shit... if your physically threaten me personally I will have a pistol at the very least to protect myself... probably a shotgun too...

That is a great plan but a dangerous one.
    par far

Post  par far Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:24 pm

JohninMK wrote:Most looters seem to be young so are statistically not in the at risk categories. They might catch it but it bounces off.

It seems that the police across the US are reporting that the anarchists who are inflaming peaceful demonstrations and transforming them into violent riots are more organized, better coordinated and supplied than any militants they have seen in civil riots in years. Police intelligence units have uncovered encrypted and walkie-talkie communications as well as social media postings that coordinate the delivery and hiding of weapons and projectiles (including bricks and frozen bottles) and that direct the anarchists to specific locations at specific times.

They comment that the rioters, or more likely their organisers, have upped their game.

The lack of police response in many places seems down to the Democratic authorities wanting to let it rip and the police, not having the politicians protecting their back, don't want to be the fall guys plus in their militised format they are instinctively brutal.. The reason for the inaction being the election in November, this is a total anti Trump operation. It seems that nothing is out of bounds in their attempt to win.

Just wait, soon, possibly tomorrow, there will be a major publicity push by the Democrats centered around the 3, yes 3, memorial  services for Floyd in different parts of the US with all kinds of politicians 'pulling together' with a new three word slogan to carry them forward for the next five months. Oh, and as if by magic the riots will fade away. As a result of 'pulling together' of course rather than instructions Laughing

There are forces behind these looters, they just sold for a few shekels.

Hopefully russia, china and other countries are studying what is going on here and how the real(Soros, Clintons) are pulling this off.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:51 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYDKX-9DS9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEw2as5pc1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJlUuH2hfoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBrjpmg4cb8

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-06-04-20-intl/h_2d3fe2538067013910ef420acdc0f2a9?utm_term=1591265993379b66b01d46043&utm_source=Five+Things+for+Thursday%2C+June+4%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=212410_1591265993380&bt_ee=u0XVzVUkL%2BJeE2wnqb76A5QyPu7JNTRrslWtc2SDrWcNcWgG5ombW4gPAsHCqged&bt_ts=1591265993380

https://www.pravdareport.com/world/144608-brazil_crisis/

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:36 am

That is a great plan but a dangerous one.

If you own a business and large groups of people are about to trash it by stealing anything of value and pretty much breaking everything else what other choice do you have.

If you had good fire insurance then get all the most valuable stuff out of there and of course all the money and hand molotov cocktails to the looters as they break in and then when the insurance cheque clears move to a safer country...

The key to self defence is not escalation... once the shooting starts you are screwed because even if you manage to kill all of them... they have friends and family and you don't have unlimited bullets... unless you are defending a gun shop... In which case you are probably doing an amazing trade right now... when the police can't protect themselves you need to think about making yourself less of a target... you don't have to go killing everyone... but you need to make anyone thinking of stealing stuff realise there are other people out there who are easier to steal from.

I would never shoot anyone for stealing my stuff... stuff can be replaced and that is what insurance is for... I have never actually been in a situation where shooting someone is even a rational choice so I doubt I would do more than fire warning shots most of the time. In the case of a really bad person who might not only kill me but also other people with my weapon then I would be forced to stop them but that might just be a bullet to the hip...

I like guns, but don't like killing and certainly don't like death.

The animals I hunt are either pests or food, but I take no enjoyment from ending their lives.

I think a better slogan would be all life matters but how could they bomb and kill in other countries with such an ethic...

There are forces behind these looters, they just sold for a few shekels.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the logistics and support comes from the Clinton mafia in the CIA...

It is funny because it was not too many years ago that there was looting in Iraq after the US had invaded and broken the government of that country and raced to secure the oil wells but did little to help the Iraqi population and many western commentators were criticising the looting and protests by the Iraqis... the west is much too civilised for that sort of thing.... well with yellow jackets in France and these riots in the US they are clearly wrong about how civilised the west is because when governments don't listen or don't care this is all they can do to be noticed... if the media did what the media was supposed to do that might result in real change and development, but the media is a money whore who are owned by the richest people who don't want the system they got rich in to change because they plan to get richer.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:32 pm

https://www.juancole.com/2020/06/remembering-artist-transcendence.html

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/las-vegas-strip-reopening/index.html?utm_term=15913522415582b5a565e415b&utm_source=Five+Things+for+Friday%2C+June+5%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=212890_1591352241559&bt_ee=zJYP7X00hsChS5%2BESPjg%2BJpzpDLPxsrsKN%2FdpmEr9PEmVGhBGRWlUE%2FAgJOfGwjz&bt_ts=1591352241559

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/11/health/hydroxychloroquine-doesnt-work-coronavirus/index.html?utm_term=15913522415582b5a565e415b&utm_source=Five+Things+for+Friday%2C+June+5%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=212890_1591352241559&bt_ee=zJYP7X00hsChS5%2BESPjg%2BJpzpDLPxsrsKN%2FdpmEr9PEmVGhBGRWlUE%2FAgJOfGwjz&bt_ts=1591352241559

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/health/famotidine-covid-19-case-series-study/index.html?utm_term=15913522415582b5a565e415b&utm_source=Five+Things+for+Friday%2C+June+5%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=212890_1591352241559&bt_ee=zJYP7X00hsChS5%2BESPjg%2BJpzpDLPxsrsKN%2FdpmEr9PEmVGhBGRWlUE%2FAgJOfGwjz&bt_ts=1591352241559

https://original.antiwar.com/Michael_McPhearson/2020/06/04/covid-19-and-war-deaths-ignored/

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Worst about COVID-19 is that it restricts my travel plans. I planned a trip to Iceland in Septemver which will hopefully be possible.

Also plan a trip next may to Equador and Galapagos and hope this will be possible as well. And in November Australia,

Being stuck at home sucks so much.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:15 pm

Is the local economy not affected at all? I bet it desrupted others' plans too!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:23 am

Especially disruptive for the people now dead because of the virus...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:23 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:Is the local economy not affected at all? I bet it desrupted others' plans too!

Not for me or my family in general. In fact i got a 600 € pay rise in may.

My entire family works for government and i have a job thats disconnected from business as well. So no big deal for us.

I just hope that things nroamlize till September. Thats my biggest worry, because at end of September my miles would not count aymore and i could not
    upgrade to business class then
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:20 pm

That's not the worst that happened or could happen to most less fortunate than u.
    Many people across the World had to cancel their travel plans or cut short their trips. Others who lived abroad had to return to their homeland.
    This will last 2-3 more years at least.
    https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-06-07-20-intl/index.html?utm_term=159153736572197e39e26c2ef&utm_source=5+Things+for+Sunday%2C+June+7%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=212975_1591537365722&bt_ee=PlLBAVO77s2SvAV0GLYCU%2Blu5eKDcXq7JrHtFg6UCQjS%2FBJLL%2BLcP2dQMwU7Q28i&bt_ts=1591537365722

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:37 am

Greece and Cyprus handled pandemic successfully
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:22 am

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:01 pm

At least 28 states are not following CDC guidelines for coronavirus reporting,
    which could make it hard for health experts and lawmakers to decide what
    to do next. The states are not reporting probable cases, which include people who show evidence of an infection without the confirmation of a lab test. Accurate rates of new cases help officials track how the disease is spreading and inform decisions about how and when to loosen restrictions. These fuzzy reporting numbers come as 19 states are seeing increases in their coronavirus cases.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html?utm_term=15917852615046c65649f05c2&utm_source=Five+Things+for+Wednesday%2C+June+10%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=214193_1591785261525&bt_ee=WPgVO5YfVCtTjvb1vNlQZRuJ%2BoSpKl%2FGIvg8agZ8bs2KXXI0yN1KBDpQnwHs%2FqTH&bt_ts=1591785261525

In Arizona, things have gotten so bad again that the state has told its hospitals to activate emergency plans. More than 1.9 million people have been infected by the virus in the US, and more than 112,000 have died.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html?utm_term=15917852615046c65649f05c2&utm_source=Five+Things+for+Wednesday%2C+June+10%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=214193_1591785261525&bt_ee=WPgVO5YfVCtTjvb1vNlQZRuJ%2BoSpKl%2FGIvg8agZ8bs2KXXI0yN1KBDpQnwHs%2FqTH&bt_ts=1591785261525

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:07 am

Well we just went to level 1... pretty much normal... wash your hands and record where you go so if you get infected you can be tracked down sort of thing.

At 111,000 deaths that is half the number of Americans killed during WWII... but old people instead of young people... might even call it a purge... perhaps it is intentional...

2 million infected and 110,000 dead... that is about 5.5 percent lethality rate?

The numbers for Russia are about 500K infected and just under 6.5K dead... which is about 1.3 percent.

Germany is about 185,000 infected and almost 9K deaths which is about a 4.86% lethality rate.

Britain is about 290,000 infected and almost 41K deaths which is just over 14% lethality rate...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/06/10/arizona-coronavirus-cases-hospitalizations-increase-after-reopening/5332572002/

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCsJyENFcUs

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/170-police-officers-die-coronavirus-peru-minister-185645465.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuFRygzeUKY

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/12/cdc-may-reimplement-strict-coronavirus-rules-if-cases-go-up-dramatically.html

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add link)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:48 am