Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Economy General News: #11

    avatar
    Arrow

    Posts : 790
    Points : 788
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Arrow Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:59 am

    Oil has reached USD 17 per barrel. If this price persists, Russia will face a huge economic collapse.Russia now produces oil below the cost of extraction
    avatar
    owais.usmani

    Posts : 490
    Points : 488
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 34

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  owais.usmani Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:37 am

    Arrow wrote:Oil has reached USD 17 per barrel. If this price persists, Russia will face a huge economic collapse.Russia now produces oil below the cost of extraction

    Russian oil industry would be much better of in this crisis than the US shale industry and Saudi oil industry.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5467
    Points : 5441
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:28 am

    Arrow wrote:Oil has reached USD 17 per barrel. If this price persists, Russia will face a huge economic collapse.Russia now produces oil below the cost of extraction

    You are a fucking retard.

    Rosneft costs are $3bbl in old wells. Urals oil is above that.
    avatar
    Karl Haushofer

    Posts : 753
    Points : 746
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Karl Haushofer Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:40 am

    Maybe Russia should produce oil for internal consumption only? Exporting oil with this low price seems like a waste of definite resource.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5467
    Points : 5441
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:34 pm

    Karl Haushofer wrote:Maybe Russia should produce oil for internal consumption only? Exporting oil with this low price seems like a waste of definite resource.

    Agreed. They still import petrol due to demand being high but production hasn't met the demand (they still building more facilities).
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10173
    Points : 10247
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:36 pm

    Arrow wrote:Oil has reached USD 17 per barrel. If this price persists, Russia will face a huge economic collapse.Russia now produces oil below the cost of extraction

    Yo moron, that's WTI price (US oil)

    Urals crude (Russian one) is 24

    It's the most expensive one now

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8723
    Points : 8866
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  kvs Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:44 pm

    Here in Canada the gasoline prices are 75 cents in Toronto and 90 cents in Montreal. So even a crash of the crude oil price
    below $20 from $60+ has only seen the gasoline price slide by 25%. A 70% drop in crude is only giving a 25% drop in gasoline.
    And we also have much less gasoline sold since the volume of traffic is down.

    Bend over and take it, Canadians!
    avatar
    Azi

    Posts : 421
    Points : 413
    Join date : 2016-04-05

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Azi Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:56 pm

    Arrow wrote:Oil has reached USD 17 per barrel. If this price persists, Russia will face a huge economic collapse.Russia now produces oil below the cost of extraction
    Em...?! And USA will face no economic problems? With WTI at 0 $ per barrel? And I forgot the millions of unemployed in the USA! how much in 2 weeks? Over 20 millions in 2 weeks, if I'm not wrong.

    Saudi Arabia is waging war right now in Jemen...

    Of all oil producing countries Russia is in the best position, because it has a strong domestic market, decoupled from world market. And don't forget the big reserve funds Russia have, nearly all other countries only have debts.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8723
    Points : 8866
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  kvs Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:36 pm



    The USSR had world-level large machine-tool production that it exported around the world. But in the 1990s the maker of these
    machine-tools was destroyed for obvious reasons (to please Yeltsin's yanqui bosses).

    This producer (Sedin) has been resurrected and managed to recall enough former workers to regain the critical skills and knowledge.
    Even though it is not at the level it was in 1989, it is growing and advancing.

    http://k-zts.ru/en/history.html



    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8723
    Points : 8866
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  kvs Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm

    Here is a relevant piece of information. Maybe others know about it, but I do not think it is all that well known.
    The reason why Russia has its business affairs subject to western arbitration courts (like the kangaroo outfits
    in Sweden and the Netherlands) is that Yeltsin removed the primacy of Russian law over all its affairs. So
    Russia has no choice but to subject itself to western kangaroo courts thanks to 5th column maggot Yeltsin
    and his comprador regime.

    Putin has moved forward the program to change Russian law in a way to give it primacy over foreign institutions
    and laws. This super-important legal reform will allow Russia to establish its own arbitration courts. And
    companies that do not want to submit to them, can go and shop elsewhere. Laughing
    avatar
    Karl Haushofer

    Posts : 753
    Points : 746
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Karl Haushofer Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:11 pm

    kvs wrote:Here is a relevant piece of information.  Maybe others know about it, but I do not think it is all that well known.
    The reason why Russia has its business affairs subject to western arbitration courts (like the kangaroo outfits
    in Sweden and the Netherlands) is that Yeltsin removed the primacy of Russian law over all its affairs.   So
    Russia has no choice but to subject itself to western kangaroo courts thanks to 5th column maggot Yeltsin
    and his comprador regime.  

    Putin has moved forward the program to change Russian law in a way to give it primacy over foreign institutions
    and laws.    This super-important legal reform will allow Russia to establish its own arbitration courts.   And
    companies that do not want to submit to them, can go and shop elsewhere.   Laughing
    Yeltsin's years were 20 years ago.

    Putin has had 20 years to give Russian courts primacy over western counts but has failed to do so. Twenty years.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8723
    Points : 8866
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  kvs Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:38 pm

    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    kvs wrote:Here is a relevant piece of information.  Maybe others know about it, but I do not think it is all that well known.
    The reason why Russia has its business affairs subject to western arbitration courts (like the kangaroo outfits
    in Sweden and the Netherlands) is that Yeltsin removed the primacy of Russian law over all its affairs.   So
    Russia has no choice but to subject itself to western kangaroo courts thanks to 5th column maggot Yeltsin
    and his comprador regime.  

    Putin has moved forward the program to change Russian law in a way to give it primacy over foreign institutions
    and laws.    This super-important legal reform will allow Russia to establish its own arbitration courts.   And
    companies that do not want to submit to them, can go and shop elsewhere.   Laughing
    Yeltsin's years were 20 years ago.

    Putin has had 20 years to give Russian courts primacy over western counts but has failed to do so. Twenty years.

    And your point is?

    Looks like you are assuming he is a tyrant.

    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4751
    Points : 4853
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Vann7 Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:06 am

    hahaha.. im convinced many in this forums ,never went to school or learned anything about real life..
    because i answer their questions and they behave as if i didn't.  lol1



    There is no "Western Empire" to bring Down! There is only yourself to bring up!


    incorrect.. there is a western empire to bring down.. and you can bring yourself up ,when you face war.
    this is the major point , that those "Experts" in this forum ,never get as is ,

    Russia is facing war !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wake up dumb people..  and you can develop
    or "rise" by not fighting back and ignoring them.  China is also facing war on its economy too..
    but they are fighting back , alone!  because the master of nothing Putin don't target western business..
    he completely ignores US empire exist.. call them friends.. partners , continue normally with embassies
    operating normally allowing them to continue organizing protest and financing revolts in their country and
    dividing its society.   If your country face war ,you can't ignore this.. you need to develop an economy
    that not only can work ,in the middle of this war.. but also a business strategy ,to fight back their western
    business.. this is necessary to stop the attacks..  if Putin don't use the military ,to force enemies to peace..
    and stop their attacks ,then he need to use business.. it can't ignore the moron ,the western empire and allow
    them to continue trying to break their nation economy.. with terrorism ,with biological attacks ,with media war.
    thanks god ,that idiot at least counter western media.. with RT and sputnik , but words alone will not be enough..
    to slow down their enemies influence is required . by creating superior alternatives ,to the western business they offer. by surpassing apple.. china damaged US influence in that area ,and slowed down US economic power too..
    by targeting US communications , with 5G , this will be a major blow to the western communications companies
    and spy activities too.. in europe..  as this things damage the leadership /control of US over Europe and is a very good thing.. it promotes a balance in the world.. which is what i will like to see.. not one nation dominating in everything and using their business as a weapon ,to create an unfair world ,and disrespect their sovereignty.



    So nice try, Vann. But I ask the question again,
    Why are super ultra intelligent 4th dimensional thinking citizens destined to fight the American empire keep
    voting for dumb morons like Putin and his cohorts?

    I already answered that question.. but your lack of intelligence is what makes you think , i didn't .

    Putin popularity comes from populism politics..
    you give a way money for free on poors , show up in the media every day , like a patriotic man ,
    and show everyone your building a park here.. building a school there , donating money too poors over there..
    all this things.. if they are done for populism , then is a total waste of money .. like putin that was began to give away money for fee too too former soviet citizens from world war 2 veterans who fought hitler from israel and baltics..  lol1   what an idiot..


    Hitler was a populist too.. ie.. a manipulator of people emotions and thinking..
    Kim Jong Un on north korea is another populist leader too.. someone who manipulate people emotions
    with charity .. Laughing

    fortunately.. people is not as bad as hitler or kim jong UN.. hitler was patriotic , and kim jong UN too..
    the major difference is that  Putin is not evil.. .. but being a good person is not enough ,you need intelligence
    too ,to deal with enemies... nations seeking to destroy their country..  putin tried politeness for 20 years
    and that didn't work ... if anyone told you , that after 20 years of politeness of putin ,Russia will be attacked
    by US with biological weapons will you believed it?   Putin is to blame for this... because like i told before..
    if a wife is beaten by his husband several times in a month.. then the blame is for the husband..
    but if that wife continues with that relation..for 20 years.. then is the wife the one to blame.. why she don't
    split? why she allows this to continue to happen?  why putin continue the west to continue to attack Russia
    and its military? and to target its economy without fighting back ?

    and people are not smart.. most people are dumb and stupid .. and is easy to manipulate them with
    populism politics.. ask north korea kim jon un.. which is an extreme version of putin. .without the politeness.
    he use the media to promote his authority as a good person ,that is helping the nation.. so even if the intentions
    are good.. the execution is bad.. Putin economic gas station centered economic model..with tourism food exports and super heavy investments for attracting tourism have been check mated one by one.. the only business
    Russia have ,that yet have not been checkmates are its space industry.. the very same one ,he cut the budget in half...  to invest more in olympic infrastructure..  lol1


    When you raise pensions you put more money cash into your economy, and when they die their children might inherit something instead of debt for treatment

    yeah.. but this are temporary things @GARRYB not long term things..
    giving away money for free is not a solution ,to any nation problems..
    ask venezuela.. such tactics are obsolete.. in the long term..
    venezuela had to create an education revolution and an economic model ,that was taking in mind
    us sanctions capacity.. so putin basically did the same mistakes to a lower level of venezuela.
    depending its economy on gas stations.. thinking that business will last forever as a profitable thing.
    the money russia need to invest in maintainance of those pipelines will offset the profits russia will make
    selling energy to china and europe.  No


    Oil has reached USD 17 per barrel. If this price persists, Russia will face a huge economic collapse.Russia now produces oil below the cost of extraction Maybe Russia should produce oil for internal consumption only?Exporting oil with this low price seems like a waste of definite resource.  

    exactly the bold parts..  but if he does that.. it will be total admission of the failure of his economic model.
    and  his dreams of becoming a saudi arabia gas station of asia.  and putin is the only one to blame for this.
    i will have sold the entire energy industry to france and germany and austria and italy , friendly nations..
    and live happy with any special tax ,per extraction of oil and gas. also will have reserved some oil wells an area of oil and gas for internal use ,under government control.. for internal consumption.. and stored oil and gas for
    1-2 years.. in case of any national emergency..  this privatization will have allowed gasprom and rosnet to become absolute monopolies in europe.. and will have avoided the syrian war.. which was aiming at targeting
    russian energy business with europe.




    Yeltsin's years were 20 years ago.
    Putin has had 20 years to give Russian courts primacy over western counts but has failed to do so. Twenty years.


    correct.. putin have been 20 years in power and he is the only one to blame for the weak economy russia have.
    he developed a lazy economic model based on gas stations ,food exports and tourism ,that is easy for the west
    to counter.. and at same time did nothing to counter western business hegemony ,allowing the west to lead
    in world development , later the idiot don't understand ,why Russia is not respected its interest.  Laughing

    All problems of security Russia face are consequence ,that Russia under putin ,have been a totally passive
    nation for 20 years.. one that takes beating and don't fight back.. don't fight US with its army ...
    and don't fight them with business either. so they see this weakness from a mile and this encourage them
    to continue slapping the face of putin.. and putin continue begging for friendship.. is so pathetic No
    its even embarrasing ,to see putin in those St Petersburg economic forums.. begging american business
    to help him ,restore relations with US. Suspect i don't think you can fix russia problems with putin in power
    .. someone else need to lead in russia to see a major change.. Russia needs a leader with vision of the future
    with very strong leadership.. a leader most important quality is ,that he needs to be a motivator..
    someone with inner confidence ,that he knows what he is doing.. when i see putin ,what i see is a insecure person ,this is the reason of his politeness and soft talking.. he is patriotic and a good person.. but his tactics are totally outdated.. .. weakness ,politeness ,populism ,and ignoring enemies ,not fighting them back will never
    work for Russia. the only hope the world have is China. to create a different more fair world. kind of ironic how life it is at times. Laughing

    PhSt
    PhSt

    Posts : 377
    Points : 381
    Join date : 2019-04-02

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  PhSt Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:45 am

    Putin has moved forward the program to change Russian law in a way to give it primacy over foreign institutions
    and laws.

    It may be too early to celebrate though, the vote to amend the constitution has been postponed, and NATO may take this opportunity to thrash the planned amendment completely through covert and overt actions. And Yes, Putin had 20 years to fix the damage caused by Yeltsin, I am not saying that he did a bad job, there has been tangible improvements, but why did these essential amendments to the constitution not given a priority earlier? IMO Russia cant afford to play it easy and buy time because NATO is working 24/7 to tear Russia apart for good.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8723
    Points : 8866
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  kvs Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:03 am

    PhSt wrote:
    Putin has moved forward the program to change Russian law in a way to give it primacy over foreign institutions
    and laws.

    It may be too early to celebrate though, the vote to amend the constitution has been postponed, and NATO may take this opportunity to thrash the planned amendment completely through covert and overt actions. And Yes, Putin had 20 years to fix the damage caused by Yeltsin, I am not saying that he did a bad job, there has been tangible improvements, but why did these essential amendments to the constitution not given a priority earlier? IMO Russia cant afford to play it easy and buy time because NATO is working 24/7 to tear Russia apart for good.  

    NATO never had such influence even in 1999. So there is no way it is stopping any Russian constitutional revisions.

    As for 20 years. So what. Putin addressed all the key concessions before 2004. In particular the removal of ridiculous
    oil and gas "production sharing agreements" that were colonial concessions to western companies (e.g. Exxon) that
    they considered to be handovers of ownership of Russia's oil and gas reserves. I recall plenty of howling from NATzO
    leaders, corporations and mass media about Putin's "violation" of PSA "obligations". That is why from around 2004
    Putin became totally demonized in the western fake stream media.

    The arbitration kangaroo theater of the absurd has only reared its head in the last few years. No leader can move
    Russia on a dime. The whole "20 years" is obvious BS.

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5467
    Points : 5441
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  miketheterrible Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:27 am

    I find it funny that people still think that NATO is some kind of cosmic power that has total or even partial control over Russia.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27909
    Points : 28437
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  GarryB Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:36 am

    They don't make the oil, they just extract it... they will have contracts for most customers, so minor price fluctuations wont make much difference most of the time, but when the price is very low... they can stop selling.

    @KVS... petrol was about $2.20 per litre at the start of the year it has dropped down to about $1.80 now... when the price of oil goes down the price of petrol stays the same... and then slowly creeps up. When the price of oil goes up the price of petrol rapidly rises every time... even just on speculation.

    We have multiple different oil companies selling petrol here but the all collude and if one drops the price and seems to get more customers the others will match the price... the funny thing however is sometimes everyone drops their price but one company will go lower than the others... very quickly that company will raise their price to match the others again though... it is never a race to the lowest price... it is a gamble to see who can have the highest price and still sell fuel.
    avatar
    Tingsay

    Posts : 154
    Points : 158
    Join date : 2016-12-09

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Tingsay Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:27 am

    Vann7 wrote:

    I already answered that question.. but your lack of intelligence is what makes you think , i didn't .

    Putin popularity comes from populism politics..
    you give a way money for free on poors , show up in the media every day , like a patriotic man ,
    and show everyone your building a park here.. building a school there , donating money too poors over there..
    all this things.. if they are done for populism , then is a total waste of money .. like putin that was began to give away money for fee too too former soviet citizens from world war 2 veterans who fought hitler from israel and baltics..  lol1   what an idiot..


    Hitler was a populist too.. ie.. a manipulator of people emotions and thinking..
    Kim Jong Un on north korea is another populist leader too.. someone who manipulate people emotions
    with charity .. Laughing

    fortunately.. people is not as bad as hitler or kim jong UN.. hitler was patriotic , and kim jong UN too..
    the major difference is that  Putin is not evil.. .. but being a good person is not enough ,you need intelligence
    too ,to deal with enemies... nations seeking to destroy their country..  putin tried politeness for 20 years
    and that didn't work ... if anyone told you , that after 20 years of politeness of putin ,Russia will be attacked
    by US with biological weapons will you believed it?   Putin is to blame for this... because like i told before..
    if a wife is beaten by his husband several times in a month.. then the blame is for the husband..
    but if that wife continues with that relation..for 20 years.. then is the wife the one to blame.. why she don't
    split? why she allows this to continue to happen?  why putin continue the west to continue to attack Russia
    and its military? and to target its economy without fighting back ?

    and people are not smart.. most people are dumb and stupid .. and is easy to manipulate them with
    populism politics.. ask north korea kim jon un.. which is an extreme version of putin. .without the politeness.
    he use the media to promote his authority as a good person ,that is helping the nation.. so even if the intentions
    are good.. the execution is bad.. Putin economic gas station centered economic model..with tourism food exports and super heavy investments for attracting tourism have been check mated one by one.. the only business
    Russia have ,that yet have not been checkmates are its space industry.. the very same one ,he cut the budget in half...  to invest more in olympic infrastructure..  lol1


    Hahahaha... First you can't answer a question

    so now you attempt to answer with this:

    "and people are not smart.. most people are dumb and stupid .. and is easy to manipulate them with
    populism politics.. ask north korea kim jon un."

    and it falls flat on its face

    So you have no answer as to why "smart chosen one people" keep getting outsmarted by Putin the dumbass who has genius "Populism" tactic to fool the smart People lol1  . And now you say People are not smart! Hahahahaha lol1


    If the Idiot leader Putin can't fight evil empire and the people are too dumb and easily manipulated by idiot Putin. Then who is there to fight the Evil Empire with Bizniz and techZ??????
    Hahahahah what a dumbass you are.


    Dumbass idiotic leader with super genius populism tactic  confused  confused
    smart people getting outsmarted by idiot kremlin guys confused  confused
    People are not smart after all  confused  confused  confused
    Nobody is smart afterall so who fights EmpireZ??? confused  confused

    You keep getting dumber.  tongue  tongue
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5467
    Points : 5441
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  miketheterrible Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:28 pm

    our friend Smoothie makes a great article as usual:

    http://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/2020/04/some-interesting-pov.html

    Some Interesting POV

    also:

    https://tass.com/economy/1149245

    Russian Central Bank cuts key rate to 5.5% per annum
    jhelb
    jhelb

    Posts : 934
    Points : 1041
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  jhelb Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:28 pm

    GarryB wrote:They don't make the oil, they just extract it... they will have contracts for most customers, so minor price fluctuations wont make much difference most of the time, but when the price is very low... they can stop selling.


    US is trying to drive away Russia from the defence market as well. By leveraging the capacity of the Ukrainian defense industry to displace Russia in some areas, the United States is generating better conditions for American defense firms in Africa, Asia, Mid East and accelerate its strategic partnership with those countries.

    The Kremlin’s loss of the Asian and African market will significantly limit the ability of Russia to develop and manufacture new weapons. The United States has an interest in this.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8723
    Points : 8866
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  kvs Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:47 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:our friend Smoothie makes a great article as usual:

    http://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/2020/04/some-interesting-pov.html

    Some Interesting POV

    As I keep posting, the US credit market accounting for 50% of GDP is a sick joke. It is literally double counting.
    Both the issuance of the credit and the expenditure of the credit on goods and services are counted towards
    GDP. This is patently retarded nonsense. It is like counting the issuance of money into the economy as
    a direct increase of the GDP. In reality, it is the growing GDP that drives the need for more M2 and hence
    injection of currency. If there is no physical GDP growth, then this injection just drives inflation at best.



    also:

    https://tass.com/economy/1149245

    Russian Central Bank cuts key rate to 5.5% per annum

    Finally. Still too high. It needs to be 1.5-2.5% based on the current inflation rate. Recall that this is the prime rate
    and that banks will be issuing debt to consumers with a substantial markup. Even if the prime rate was 1%, consumers
    of all sorts would be looking at over 3-4% ideal rates for secured loans like mortgages. Personal loans would still be
    around 10% or higher.

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8723
    Points : 8866
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  kvs Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:55 pm

    jhelb wrote:
    GarryB wrote:They don't make the oil, they just extract it... they will have contracts for most customers, so minor price fluctuations wont make much difference most of the time, but when the price is very low... they can stop selling.


    US is trying to drive away Russia from the defence market as well. By leveraging the capacity of the Ukrainian defense industry to displace Russia in some areas, the United States is  generating better conditions for American defense firms in Africa, Asia, Mid East and accelerate its strategic partnership with those countries.

    The Kremlin’s loss of the Asian and African market will significantly limit the ability of Russia to develop and manufacture new weapons. The United States has an interest in this.

    What Ukrainian production. Are you for real? Ukraine couldn't even reproduce a simple mortar. The much yapped about
    Bulat was a holdover from the Soviet era and before 2014 for sure. And Iraq returned a batch of armoured personnel carriers
    because they were terminally defective (BTR-4). And Ukraine can't even manufacture enough bullets for its small war with
    the Donbass.

    It will be a long while before any functional military production returns to Banderastan.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5467
    Points : 5441
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  miketheterrible Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm

    Most of Ukraines defense industry is either defaulted or non operational. Whatever little they do produce like engines are pretty much low production now and their tanks are barely fit for combat let alone sales overseas - T-84 Oplot failed in Thailand and the BTR-4 failed in Iraq and others due to just piss poor material, welding and it failed to meet expectations. Their Grom missile is a Kh-35 missile with a booster.
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4751
    Points : 4853
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Vann7 Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:48 am

    Tingsay wrote:

    So you have no answer as to why "smart chosen one people" keep getting outsmarted by Putin the dumbass who has genius "Populism" tactic to fool the smart People lol1  . And now you say People are not smart! Hahahahaha lol1



    i think you suffer from a brain dysfunction...  

    i don't see any contradiction... Russia have amazing talent ,scientis and engineers.. but those are a very small minority of the population.. most of the population are easily manipulated by Putin populism politics..
    he gave away money for free ,shows on tv like someones that cares about russians.. ,he use a lot of media
    to promote him as a powerful person , is all a show ..in short putin use a lot of advertising ,to promote his image.
    and a lot of money in charity..and this is why his popularity is high in part.. also because he is patriotic too.. and this im not going to take away from him..   the problem is that patriotism alone is not enough.. putin need a real
    strategy to counter enemies.. he can't continue after 20 years of failure , in his economic model , to continue relying in gas station and tourism and an agriculture focused economy. close to half of russian budget used to come from energy industry and services to that industry..and when now this business is completely destroyed,
    russia will be the next venezuela.. if they don't modify its economy dramatically.. ideally if they don't remove putin.. because he lazyness ,in just developing russia economy. as if russia was brazil... that is a nation who depends heavily in energy and food business..and mining.  no longer than model works.. and it doesn't work ,not because there is anything wrong with oil and food exporting.. is wrong ..because russian enemies can easily
    sabotage those business.. and so russia need to develop an economy ,that can't be easily destroyed by the west.. is as simple as that.. this is why russia needs to modernize its economy , why russia needs to be independent for real of the west..   and why russia needs to fight back.. instead of ignoring american top business ,it needs to compete with them.. in space , challenge their space exploration program.. in computers challenge intel /ibm/amd.. and develop its own internet.. they could do this in collaboration /alliance with india and china.. but relying in business that are obsolete is dumb and stupid . a total waste of money , was putin
    olympics.. that money better have been used in promoting a next generation business revolution ,based on a digital economy ,internet ,robotics ,cloud computing and artificial intelligence.. and communication.. and do it ,
    not to compete with china ,but to compete with US .. Russia and china should coordinate the areas ,in high tech industry they will focus.. so they don't end in competition with each other...
    the first 10 years of putin ,economic progress will be reversed ,with a total destruction of all those business he invested.. most russian debt is because of those pipelines.. that will be worth less now ,with oil so cheap ,is not going to end anytime soon.. the energy industry should be focused on internal consumption for security reasons ,
    it needs to be government controlled ,the domestic energy.. or at least half of it.. and  all the energy exported ,should be sold to private sector and stay away of it.. just like kudrin adviced putin to do it.. russia needs a modern economy or it will sink like the titanic.

    in summary putin is patriotic .. yes..
    but he is very soft and weak , he is very ignorant of the modern world he live ,he don't understand
    new generations , neither he knows how to be a strong leader.. or how counter his enemies.. so he is
    an outdated president ,he saved russia economy in his two term..and restored his military power,
    but no longer his gas station project works.. it have been check mate ,the entire economic model of russia.
    from oil to his olympic capital dreams.. lol1 he needs to modernize himself and his economy too.
    but best help ,he can do ,is move out of the way and retire ,and allow new generation of people to lead the nation and economy.


    avatar
    Tingsay

    Posts : 154
    Points : 158
    Join date : 2016-12-09

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Tingsay Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:17 am

    Vann7 wrote:

    i think you suffer from a brain dysfunction...  

    i don't see any contradiction... Russia have amazing talent ,scientis and engineers.. but those are a very small minority of the population.. most of the population are easily manipulated by Putin populism politics..
    he gave away money for free ,shows on tv like someones that cares about russians.. ,he use a lot of media
    to promote him as a powerful person , is all a show ..in short putin use a lot of advertising ,to promote his image.
    and a lot of money in charity..and this is why his popularity is high in part.. also because he is patriotic too.. and this im not going to take away from him..   the problem is that patriotism alone is not enough.. putin need a real
    strategy to counter enemies.. he can't continue after 20 years of failure , in his economic model , to continue relying in gas station and tourism and an agriculture focused economy. close to half of russian budget used to come from energy industry and services to that industry..and when now this business is completely destroyed,
    russia will be the next venezuela.. if they don't modify its economy dramatically.. ideally if they don't remove putin.. because he lazyness ,in just developing russia economy. as if russia was brazil... that is a nation who depends heavily in energy and food business..and mining.  no longer than model works.. and it doesn't work ,not because there is anything wrong with oil and food exporting.. is wrong ..because russian enemies can easily
    sabotage those business.. and so russia need to develop an economy ,that can't be easily destroyed by the west.. is as simple as that.. this is why russia needs to modernize its economy , why russia needs to be independent for real of the west..   and why russia needs to fight back.. instead of ignoring american top business ,it needs to compete with them.. in space , challenge their space exploration program.. in computers challenge intel /ibm/amd.. and develop its own internet.. they could do this in collaboration /alliance with india and china.. but relying in business that are obsolete is dumb and stupid . a total waste of money , was putin
    olympics.. that money better have been used in promoting a next generation business revolution ,based on a digital economy ,internet ,robotics ,cloud computing and artificial intelligence.. and communication.. and do it ,
    not to compete with china ,but to compete with US .. Russia and china should coordinate the areas ,in high tech industry they will focus.. so they don't end in competition with each other...
    the first 10 years of putin ,economic progress will be reversed ,with a total destruction of all those business he invested.. most russian debt is because of those pipelines.. that will be worth less now ,with oil so cheap ,is not going to end anytime soon.. the energy industry should be focused on internal consumption for security reasons ,
    it needs to be government controlled ,the domestic energy.. or at least half of it.. and  all the energy exported ,should be sold to private sector and stay away of it.. just like kudrin adviced putin to do it.. russia needs a modern economy or it will sink like the titanic.

    in summary putin is patriotic .. yes..
    but he is very soft and weak , he is very ignorant of the modern world he live ,he don't understand
    new generations , neither he knows how to be a strong leader.. or how counter his enemies.. so he is
    an outdated president ,he saved russia economy in his two term..and restored his military power,
    but no longer his gas station project works.. it have been check mate ,the entire economic model of russia.
    from oil to his olympic capital dreams..  lol1 he needs to modernize himself and his economy too.
    but best help ,he can do ,is move out of the way and retire ,and allow new generation of people to lead the nation and economy.




    You went from people are smart to people are dumb to now the minority of people are smart. lol1

    Ok! The question is still there. There is still a contradiction.

    So why won't these Minority Smart People apply the very same Genius tactic of Dumbass Putin and Kremlin to easily fool the majority dumb people?
    These minority smart people are destined to fight and beat the Evil Empire, but they cant even beat Idiot teddybear Putin?
    These minority smart people are destined to create Bizniz and technolozieZ to bring down Western Empire but they can't apply Idiot Putin's Populist or whatever tactic he does to fool dumb people?
    These minority geniuses are destined to beat the Final boss in the World but they too stupid not to pay and easily manipulate dumbass people to their side?
    They can beat a Lion but they cant even beat a domestic cat??
    So they ain't smart either???? Hahahahahahahaha

    lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1


    You are the one with brain dysfunction tongue


    Sponsored content

    Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:32 pm