Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+27
caveat emptor
Big_Gazza
Cyberspec
PhSt
Kimppis
calripson
Regular
miketheterrible
dino00
George1
auslander
ZoA
Enera
GunshipDemocracy
higurashihougi
kvs
magnumcromagnon
PapaDragon
Werewolf
TR1
GarryB
Pervius
Russian Patriot
sepheronx
crod
Vladislav
Admin
31 posters

Fighting Corruption in Russia

kvs
    kvs

Fighting Corruption in Russia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fighting Corruption in Russia

Post  kvs Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:04 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Security Services Bust Criminal Gang Running an Entire Russian Region

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150919/1027245378/komi-russia-gayzer-corruption.html#ixzz3mD3YABKI

Looks like law and order are percolating down to the remote regions of Russia. The mess left behind by the stooge
    Yeltsin regime and the collection of gangster oligarchs (e.g. Khodorkovsky, Berezovsky, etc.) was epic and it will
    take many decades to sort out.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:05 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150919/1027245378/komi-russia-gayzer-corruption.html#ixzz3mD3YABKI

Radio Free Facepalm network will probably say he (Vyacheslav Gayzer) is being persecuted by dictator Putin lol! Rolling Eyes

They have nothing left but to call black white and white black. They are pushing a 100% BS narrative on Russia and so have
    to distort nearly every fact.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:16 am

kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Radio Free Facepalm network will probably say he (Vyacheslav Gayzer) is being persecuted by dictator Putin lol! Rolling Eyes

They have nothing left but to call black white and white black.    They are pushing a 100% BS narrative on Russia and so have
    to distort nearly every fact.

Or they may say that Russian is full of corrupted politicians while civilized West has none lol! lol!
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Fighting Corruption in Russia - Page 2 Empty Security Services Bust Criminal Gang Running an Entire Russian Region

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:09 am

higurashihougi wrote:Or they may say that Russian is full of corrupted politicians while civilized West has none lol! lol!

because in the West there´s no corruption. The same mechanism is re-branded to lobbying Smile

clown

sepheronx wrote:Navalny says 40,000 will participate. I think it will be usual 5,000 - 10,000 crowed.

And yeah, McDonalds does have standards. So maybe Golden Sachs? Lol.

Nah Navalny is already on Theft´s payroll  Or maybe his name was Tefft?

BTW There was less then 1000 life coverage as I heard.

http://politikus.ru/v-rossii/58371-na-miting-oppozicii-v-moskve-prishlo-v-10-raz-menshe-chem-zayavlyali.html

Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:50 pm

The head of the Armed Forces: in Russia were more likely to give and take bribes РИА Новости http://ria.ru/incidents/20150210/1046882221.html#ixzz3uQsclprt

Translation error I think. Not head of the armed forces but head of the supreme court.
    MOSCOW, February 10 - RIA Novosti. The number of corrupt officials in Russia has increased, and increased the number of both taking and giving bribes, chairman of the Russian Supreme Court Vyacheslav Lebedev, in a meeting with the heads of courts at all levels.
    According to him, 13% increased the number of those convicted of accepting a bribe and 25% increase in the number of those sentenced for giving "rewards".
    At the same time, according to Lebedev, over 60% are convicted of taking bribes of up to 10 thousand rubles.
    According to him, bribe-takers among the leading civil servants and municipal officials (40%), health workers (over 20%) and education (10%).
    Chairman of the Armed Forces also said that corrupt officials were less likely to be sentenced to fines and more to real imprisonment.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:07 am

Corruption is the Trojan horse for regime change in Russia.  It's funny how the NATO MSM discovered corruption in Russia
    only after late in Putin's 1st term when he started to crack down on the oligarchs.    Overnight, gangster oligarch Khodorkovsky
    became a dissident hero of democracy.   In 1999 the New York Times did a piece on his dirty business and it was not so flattering.
    The gangster's paradise era of Yeltsin when Russia was rotting apart like Ukraine through rampant corruption from the street cop
    to Yeltsin and his family was totally forgotten.  

Over the last 15 years corruption has significantly declined in Russia.  This is evidenced by the skyrocketing in the price of a bribe  
    (which indicates risk) and the fact that cops no longer shake you down for money on the road.  The NATO propagandists and
    their 5th column operatives like Navalny would have you believe that Putin has $80 billion dollars.  But nobody can find
    any of this money.   They even claim that government buildings in Russia are Putin's private residences.  Their latest pathetic
    ploy is to pick on Putin's alleged daughter and her being married to a rich guy.

I would not trust anything Navalny says.  He is a proven 5th column dirtbag who actually claims that the 1990s were the best
    time ever in Russia and that Yeltsin's regime did not have the level of corruption that came after Putin became president.  This
    statement alone is certifiable insanity, but is obvious that it is just a lie.   So now the liar is lying about Chaika.   Clearly Chaika
    is stepping on US assets in Russia and this is a propaganda contract hit on him.   BTW, the US has a long history of succoring
    criminal elements in Russia going back to the Soviet period when they were actively engaged with the mob underworld.   This is
    a variation on the Daesh theme.  The USA (and its minions) want to subvert Russia by any means that they can (WWIII is too
    much a risk since they could get permanently glassed) and they will fund and support criminals like Khodorkovsky, the late
    Berezovsky, and of course Navalny.   The whole shtick of grifter Navlany as some sort of grass roots anti-corruption activist is
    nauseating.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Fighting Corruption in Russia - Page 2 Empty Interior Minister: efforts to combat the economic corruption insufficient

Post  sepheronx Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:09 am

Corruption Busting: Bribe Takers Rooted Out at Russian Ministry of Defense
    Enera

Post  Enera Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:36 pm

I'm sorry if I somehow gravedig the thread but I came across two interesting links. Mind that we shouldn't totally dismiss them but view them in close scrutiny. I would like to ask second opinions from the more knowledgeble members of the forum such as Auslander, Austin, GarryB and perhaps even Mindstorm if he isn't too busy. The topic may be controversial but it is a start of a conversation. I'm still digesting the information but my preliminary opinion is that VVP is working the long game and he needed the cooperation of these people at the moment to steer Russia. American sanctions greatly helped VVP effort to curb these oligarchs. Now for the links,

Corruption in Russia as a Business: Putin’s Palace Case Study (PDF, 2012)
    Billion-dollar medical project helped fund “Putin’s palace” on the Black Sea (Reuters, 2014)
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Enera wrote:I'm sorry if I somehow gravedig the thread but I came across two interesting links. Mind that we shouldn't totally dismiss them but view them in close scrutiny. I would like to ask second opinions from the more knowledgeble members of the forum such as Auslander, Austin, GarryB and perhaps even Mindstorm if he isn't too busy. The topic may be controversial but it is a start of a conversation. I'm still digesting the information but my preliminary opinion is that VVP is working the long game and he needed the cooperation of these people at the moment to steer Russia. American sanctions greatly helped VVP effort to curb these oligarchs. Now for the links,

Billion-dollar medical project helped fund “Putin’s palace” on the Black Sea (Reuters, 2014)

Please do not insult the intelligence of people on this board. None of these palaces are owned by Putin, occupied by his extended family or promised to him in trust. Putin has done a wonderful thing in restoring pre-1917 buildings to their former glory after they were ruined by the Bolsheviks. It is routine for governments in Europe to operate former palaces as state residences. Also, by Russian and European standards these are not palaces but grand mansions. The Hermitage is a palace.

https://www.rbth.com/arts/2016/10/27/russian-oil-giant-rosneft-to-restore-romanov-palace-near-st-petersburg_642707

The western media is full of shit when it comes to Russia:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8854175/Five-of-Russias-most-controversial-restoration-projects.html

There is nothing controversial about any of these projects. Fetishes of NATO Russia haters don't have any standing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_and_favour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89lys%C3%A9e_Palace

ZoA
    ZoA

Post  ZoA Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:00 am

Enera wrote:I'm sorry if I somehow gravedig the thread but I came across two interesting links. Mind that we shouldn't totally dismiss them but view them in close scrutiny. I would like to ask second opinions from the more knowledgeble members of the forum such as Auslander, Austin, GarryB and perhaps even Mindstorm if he isn't too busy. The topic may be controversial but it is a start of a conversation. I'm still digesting the information but my preliminary opinion is that VVP is working the long game and he needed the cooperation of these people at the moment to steer Russia. American sanctions greatly helped VVP effort to curb these oligarchs. Now for the links,

FFS when you post some content ad least check the sources. That pdf like is produced by "Institute of Modern Russia". 30 s internet search produces this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Modern_Russia

In another words you linked paper by some bullshit New York outfit founded by the son of notorious Russian oligarch who's father was imprisoned by Russia on various criminal charges. You have to be complete certain to take as objective impartial source. Furthermore paper has no sources listed under references, only random footnotes leading to other largely irrelevant content, so, even if we disregard it's extremely suspect origin, it should be dismissed in account of that alone. 2nd link is just regurgitation of bullshit peddled by original worthless paper.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Your inquiry is suspicious to say the least. You dug up a dead thread started in 2009 to post two questionable source articles, one from 2012 and another from 2014 on the same subject, and want us, and in particular me, to discuss them? When I finished laughing I decided to waste my time and reply to you.

Here's some more reading for you, intro is free. Enjoy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KRPLS4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0797XJM91 All royalties from sales of this book will be donated to Rahdio Gorka Effort, a local not for profit organization that works with stray dogs and cats. The process is catch, vaccinate, neuter and release.

I'll do to you what I do to all trolls, when I hit 'send' on this reply you go on cosmic ignore.
    Enera

Post  Enera Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:23 am

Firstly I would like to apologize if I did mistakenly offend the members of the forum and my post coming from a negative light as I'm not fully aware of the matter or in other words, misinformed. My query was initially prompted from allegations from my American and European colleagues. So I would like to thank for giving me the actual truth over the matter and convey it proper to presumably, badly-informed colleagues of mine. I will carefully vet my sources next time. Embarassed
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Head of the Main Directorate for Work with Personnel of the Ministry of Defense of Russia is detained

The RBC agency published Inna Sidorkova, Dmitry Serkov and Maxim Solopov’s material “Games for 20 million: for which the ex-head of CSKA was detained”, stating that the ex-head of CSKA was detained - the head of the Main Directorate for work with the personnel of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation Colonel Mikhail Baryshev. He was suspected of receiving a bribe when organizing the Third Winter World Military Games in Sochi.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3425087.html
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:51 am

@Enera, there is plenty of corruption everywhere, and I personally think Putin should personally benefit for his efforts in turning around Russia from the situation he inherited the country in in 2000 to where it is now, but the articles you have shown... as you have clearly been told all about... are merely a smear campaign created and perpetrated in the west to demonise a significant rival to US dominance.

They want a weak Russia that they can divide up and consume for its material resources and trained and educated population... and with Putin there they are not going to get it.

Sadly most smear campaigns reflect those doing the smearing... look at the Clinton Foundation for evidence of corruption... from rigging who was put forward as a candidate through to all sorts of evil and nasty things.... Sanders might have beaten Trump but Hilary has too many skeletons.

Of course the democrats blamed Russian hackers for revealing Clintons crimes and ineptitude... but with no actual evidence I would be more inclined to think it was more likely a leak from a disgruntled Sanders supporter within the DNC.

But then when has the truth been important in US politics... choose A or B and live with the consequences for X number of years before you get to choose again... A or B.

Real democracy there buddy... no wonder they feel obliged to interfere in elections around the world to ensure results that they prefer or are in their interests...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:30 pm

Rogozin "cleaning" house lol1

Russian Space Contractor Escapes Jail Time After $6.5M Fraud

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/06/27/russian-space-contractor-escapes-jail-time-after-6-million-fraud-a66179
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/06/27/russian-space-contractor-escapes-jail-time-after-6-million-fraud-a66179

Without respect that is dumb! Is he a judge?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:32 pm

dino00 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

It's called derangement syndrome.
    kvs
    kvs

Fighting Corruption in Russia - Page 2 Empty Rogozin "cleaning" house

Post  kvs Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:43 pm

dino00 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Good point. Rogozin did his job. This crook is not going to be applying and getting any government contracts for the rest of his life.
    As for why these crooks are not strung up with piano wire. Just maybe it has something to do with keeping their loyalty to Russia
    instead of NATO. You can see that NATO does not string up its corporate crooks with piano wire. If Russia does it to be "appropriate"
    it just looses. So it pursues realpolitik instead.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:12 am

Another high ranking official arrested for treason
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 pm

kvs wrote:
    dino00 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Good point.   Rogozin did his job.  This crook is not going to be applying and getting any government contracts for the rest of his life.
    As for why these crooks are not strung up with piano wire.   Just maybe it has something to do with keeping their loyalty to Russia
    instead of NATO.   You can see that NATO does not string up its corporate crooks with piano wire.   If Russia does it to be "appropriate"
    it just looses.   So it pursues realpolitik instead.

Rogozin is useless at any job he does. Just remember his reforms and money that was stolen. Where ever he goes he leaves steaming pile of shit. This is the reason he was shoved to Roskosmos.

So much for Putin being all powerful and destroying corruption. Suspended sentence and such a small fine... Small businesses in Russia do get bigger fines for lesser crimes. Not to mention IP infringements. Russia is too liberal when it comes to justice system, why Soviet model with harsh, but fair punishments was bad?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Regular wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    dino00 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Good point.   Rogozin did his job.  This crook is not going to be applying and getting any government contracts for the rest of his life.
    As for why these crooks are not strung up with piano wire.   Just maybe it has something to do with keeping their loyalty to Russia
    instead of NATO.   You can see that NATO does not string up its corporate crooks with piano wire.   If Russia does it to be "appropriate"

Rogozin is useless at any job he does. Just remember his reforms and money that was stolen. Where ever he goes he leaves steaming pile of shit. This is the reason he was shoved to Roskosmos.

So much for Putin being all powerful and destroying corruption. Suspended sentence and such a small fine... Small businesses in Russia do get bigger fines for lesser crimes. Not to mention IP infringements. Russia is too liberal when it comes to justice system, why Soviet model with harsh, but fair punishments was bad?

Nobody except the NATO propagandists ever claimed that Putin was all powerful. At least in Russia the leader bothers to fight
    corruption, even if it isn't to your "high" standards. In the west, the leaders are all puppets of the corrupt and you don't have
    any fight against corruption because that is what the corrupt want. What you have instead is optics management and propaganda to
    make saps believe that everything is squeaky clean. But as has been posted on this board before: California can't even complete
    a high speed rail project because it "runs out of money" (LOL) and after 6 years the Berlin Airport makeover is still far from finished.
    Yeah, no corruption in the west. Any more prime Florida swamp real estate for sale?

As for your cartoon smear at Rogozin. Bugger off. You have zero examples of his failure. I can point to his cleaning house in the
    Vostochny Cosmodrome construction and now clear house cleaning at Roscosmos. Go ahead try and prove that 1 + 1 = 3.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:08 am

kvs wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    dino00 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Nobody except the NATO propagandists ever claimed that Putin was all powerful.   At least in Russia the leader bothers to fight
    corruption, even if it isn't to your "high" standards.   In the west, the leaders are all puppets of the corrupt and you don't have
    any fight against corruption because that is what the corrupt want.   What you have instead is optics management and propaganda to
    make saps believe that everything is squeaky clean.   But as has been posted on this board before: California can't even complete
    a high speed rail project because it "runs out of money" (LOL) and after 6 years the Berlin Airport makeover is still far from finished.
    Yeah, no corruption in the west.  Any more prime Florida swamp real estate for sale?

As for your cartoon smear at Rogozin.  Bugger off.  You have zero examples of his failure.  I can point to his cleaning house in the
    Vostochny Cosmodrome construction and now clear house cleaning at Roscosmos.   Go ahead try and prove that 1 + 1 = 3.  

I agree with you. Most people like regular or papa who attack rogozin is purely conjecture and provides nothing. He is doing well in cleaning Roscosmos as it was in dire need. Only other entity that would be able to clean it is Rostec. Otherwise, it sat like shit for so long till now.

As for the court case where it's a slap on the wrist, blame the judge and the justice system. Government doesn't rule it. In reality, government or the party against the guy probably didn't have everything in order and thus partially lost the case against him
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:14 pm

I have nothing against Rogozin when it comes to his political views, but he is too soft and has a weak hand and that helps corrupt traitors to thrive.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 am

You can fill the prison system up with greedy weak people, or you can make examples of them to change the culture...

In many places it is not seen as corruption where if you approve an application for a change of land use in return for some sort of personal benefit... it is just a perk of your position.... the person bribing this time might be receiving a bribe in a different situation.

The problem is that the majority of people are not in a position to afford to bribe so they don't get the same experience of democracy that other richer people get, but then richer people are probably OK with that...

There needs to be a fundamental change in society regarding what is considered right and wrong... ironically the west loves to project its own view of morality via its movies and tv shows, yet internationally it relies on the exact opposite for its business practices...

A western company builds a factory in China in the 1990s because land and materials are cheap and labour is cheap and labour laws are non existent... they can work the people 24/7 and not worry about accidents of injuries or any social problems they might create.

The stories about one company towns in Russia sounds bad on the face of it, but then when you examine it more closely, you see that company often funds the local schools and hospitals and gives scholarships to the children of the families who work for them... companies that care about their workers and the environment they live in instead of profit and investors half a planet away... it seems that western business practises have gone wrong somewhere and lost their real focus.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Some family of crooks going by the name of Alperovich is engaged in brazen abuse of the legal system to rip off
    taxpayer money for their own gain. In the case of the aqua-park they are not happy that regulations prevented them
    from making additional money off the property and want to break up the agreement they signed themselves. To do
    this they are making up all sorts of BS claims (which are easily debunked) and even get some journalist saps to spread
    their BS around.

The above case points to the reality in Russia. Putin the "tyrant" does not run every aspect of Russia and brazen
    crooks practically spit in his face and those of most Russians. Makes one wish for the good old days of the 1930s,
    when some black sedan would visit Alperovich and his clan and round them up to the Gulag.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:40 am