Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Mysteries and Bizarre Things:

kvs
    kvs

Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 4 Empty Re: Mysteries and Bizarre Things:

Post  kvs on Mon May 27, 2019 3:24 am

PS. I ignore the political content of the site I quoted. I just found a text version of what was shown in the video. There are other
    sites with other text translations.

I think the history of Europe is more complex than presented. If Celts settled in Europe 5,000 years ago, then that gives various tribes
    a lot of time to move around. If you look at any historical atlas of Europe you will see all sorts of peoples that have ceased to exist.
    They have either been assimilated or wiped out. But the point is that geographic fixing of "nation states" was not like it is in modern
    history. There was a lot of mobility. An example is the Illyrians in the Balkans. Romans would report people there one year and
    nobody several years later. The notion that Slavs appeared only after 600 AD is absurd since the historical trend is for peoples to disappear
    and not to form from nothing. So Slavs of 600 AD did come from somewhere.

Western historians are politically tainted and try to cast Slavs ("Russians") as non-Europeans. No European is European. That is just
    Nazi BS especially if they invoke "Aryan". The Irish Celts should claim rights to being first. The shenanigans with the deliberate
    non-translation of Etruscan do maintain some narrative are self evident.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Tue May 28, 2019 3:15 pm

The resident Slav hater retard, Aristid, has claimed that "we don't look like Slavs". No sh*t, you retarded f*ck. The Etruscans
    were exterminated by the Romans. Western revisionist "historians" claim that it is a mystery why the Etruscans disappeared. You
    can bet that in the future similar revisionists will claim that it was Russians that staged the Holocaust. Because U-rope-peons
    never, ever perpetrate genocides. Like the Belgians in the Congo...
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Tue May 28, 2019 4:15 pm

If Etruscans were exterminated by the Romans, how could Etruscan language be Slavic?

All distinct characteristics of Slavic languages are an outcome of a period of linguistic changes tha occured between ca. AD 400-800, largely corresponding with Slavic expansion. If you picked up a Slavic speaker from AD 300, his language would still sound like a Lithuanian (= Baltic) dialect than Russian. It would not be comprehensible even to people who know Church Slavonic.

So either the texts aren't Etruscan at all or Wolanski's hypothesis is not true.
    George1
    George1

Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 4 Empty French Submarine Minerve Vanished in 1968 is Found in the Mediterranean

Post  George1 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:05 am

Interesting. A mystery finally solved

Location of submarine that sank 50 years ago established in France

The Minerve submarine is not far from Toulon

PARIS, July 22. /TASS/. The search group of France’s Ministry for the Armed Forces managed to spot the Minerve submarine that had gone missing on January 27, 1968, Minister for the Armed Forces Florence Parly reported on Monday.

The submarine is not far from Toulon — a major French naval base in the Mediterranean. "We have discovered the Minerve submarine. It is a great success, a technical exploit, as well as a relief to the relatives of the deceased," the minister said on her Twitter page. Parly offered condolences to the relatives and friends of the deceased "who had to wait for this news for so long."

The submarine that was training to cooperate with a maritime reconnaissance plane sank in 1968. Despite the immediately launched search and rescue operation, the submarine was not detected. There were 52 crew on board. A special autonomous underwater vehicle belonging to the French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (INFREMER) was employed in the search. It is capable of collecting data on an area of 10 square kilometers daily.

https://tass.com/world/1069829
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 4 Main-q11
    Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 4 Main-q10
    Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 4 110

I heard there was a reference to "wise heads" from someone at 0:25.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:30 pm

@thegopnik

I think these elongated skulls were result of practice of head binding. Same as foot binding in China. The real mystery is why it existed in diverse populations in the world. It seems that this practice must have been very ancient. Pre- dating of human colonisation of Americas. In early pre-history.

Now I am posting again a bizzare experience of mine here. For light hearted but serious discussion. As I said on morning that Iranian General was assassinated by drone. A Merlin flew into my house and brought a dead dove with it. It sat down on it, and started to eat it. This never happened to me, in my life. And I thought it could be a portent. But did not know what it was. Until early next day, when I heard news. In morning. How can you explain such events? I heard about other very rare or impossibly rare events. I think Occam's Razer explains that :

If an event is impossible, then whatever other event remains, however improbable, must be true.  But then I thought that could a reverse Occam's razer be true also. That is if an event is improbable, then whatever remains must be possible......... ( necessary or causally linked)? Has anyone else had such experiences?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca on Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:36 pm

We know that cranial capacity is related with intelligence and we do know that East Asians despite their smallest frame have bigger brain volumes because their skulls developed further.
    The changes though, have to do with the widened not the elongation of the skull. Have resulted to wider bone frame for women in the abdomen area to carry babies with bigger heads and the widened of the jaws.

These enhancements improve the brain size in the frontal part of the brain where the evolution focus, since this part is responsible for the cognitive ability, unlike other parts of the brain which are related with the memory, the emotions and the reflexes, with minor impact in modern world. All in all these improvements give some 10% bigger brain size for the same body frame. All of these are of course well documented in medical science.

No Jews have non of the above, they are middle eastern people with typical low IQ's. The higher intelligence that is indeed documented to the Ashke-nazi Jews are mostly attributed to centuries of selective breeding, but shall minimize pretty quickly now that these selective breeding habits don't exist anymore.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:06 pm

How do you know Middle Easterners have low IQs?

They were the ones who invented agriculture, writing, cities and a whole lot of other things. Poverty of modern day Middle East is likely due to structural and cultural reasons more than anything else.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos on Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:How do you know Middle Easterners have low IQs?

They were the ones who invented agriculture, writing, cities and a whole lot of other things. Poverty of modern day Middle East is likely due to structural and cultural reasons more than anything else.

It is mostly due to the borders designed by western countries. And not only middle east but also all africa.

Their countries are full of different group (ethnical, religious...) that spend their time fighting togather.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:08 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:How do you know Middle Easterners have low IQs?

Yeah, the Greeks and the Chinese also did lots of great things. You are missing some essential knowledge: there is too much inbreeding in the ME countries:

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/muslim-inbreeding-huge-problem-and-people-dont-want-talk-about-it

Over time such social behaviour degrades the average IQ of the population. So this is not just knee-jerk racism. This is objective criticism.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:58 pm

I watched a program on Pakistan and the growing problems with mental issues due to inbreeding.

Muslim nations marry their first cousins. Most at least. I know nations like Egypt frown upon that. But North Sudan, Pakistan and the like have major issues with inbreeding.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:23 am

Brain eating amoebae. Nice.

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:18 pm

Inbreeding exists in Jewish community too. As Jews rarely marry non Jews. I remember this has led to some exclusive diseases. Among Muslims, rightly has been said, marriage to close relatives allowed. Leading to deformity and disease. But unfortunately among these religious groups, they hold on to antiquated practices. With no basis in science at times. This strict adherence or religious dogma, is encouraged by those in power. Since old religion text, does not provide concise modern scientific or medical or social discourse. Therefore it does not disrupt the status quo. Keeps the minority in power. So we have to be brave, and say Islam or Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism or Aristotle or Plato or Marx....... Can be wrong !

I don't think myself that brain size itself is alone important. It has to do with how much is free for information processing. Also how many connections are there. But again, most animals now becoming extinct, tend to have larger brains. Including humans. So is large brain good, or a disability?

Another bizzare experience of mine, is that as I am growing older, time seems to be speeding up. It started in my forties. Now at sixty, one week has the same length of time as say did  one day. When I was twenty!  Does this mean that at the point of death, my perception of time will be almost zero. Events speeding up. I will glimpse the end of universe ? Any others like this? Maybe Amoebae attacked my brain....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetacean_intelligence
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:55 pm

Asteroid approaching Earth poses no serious danger, Roscosmos says

The minimal distance between Earth and Asteroid 163348 (2002 NN4) will be 5.09 million kilometers, which is "too large to speak about any serious danger"

MOSCOW, June 5. /TASS/. Asteroid 163348 (2002 NN4) will approach Earth on Saturday but is unlikely to hit it, Russian space corporation Roscosmos told TASS Friday.

"According to information we have, the minimal distance between Earth and Asteroid 163348 (2002 NN4) will be 5.09 million kilometers," the state corporation said. This would be closer than the distance that asteroid 52768 (1998 OR2) reached in late April 2020 (about 6 million kilometers).

According to Roscosmos, "this distance is too large to speak about any serious danger. The space corporation underscored that the scientists watch such objects closely, and therefore "various surprises are very unlikely here."

Earlier, NASA reported that asteroid 163348 (2002 NN4) with a diameter between 250 and 570 meters will approach Earth by 5.1 million kilometers and pass by at the speed of 11.1 kilometers per second on June 6.

https://tass.com/science/1164567

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:48 am