Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+25
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
kvs
Hole
jhelb
Tsavo Lion
Kimppis
George1
ATLASCUB
MiamiMachineShop
flamming_python
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
JohninMK
miketheterrible
Hannibal Barca
magnumcromagnon
GarryB
AlfaT8
Admin
KiloGolf
Walther von Oldenburg
PapaDragon
Aristide
Isos
29 posters

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 4 Empty Re: France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Don't call black white! Perhaps the Germans, British & Russians that defeated u time & again should have partitioned France & treated u like u treated the Kanaks & other "savages"! Do me a favor: join another forum & go fuck urself!
    GarryB
    GarryB

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 4 Empty Re: France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy

Post  GarryB Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:22 am

I read an article today that suggested europe is so keen on its anti Russia campaign because they basically see Russia as the main enemy of a united europe... I mean lets face it.. Napoleon tried and was humiliated by the Russians, then Hitler tried and was defeated by the Soviets too... so many european countries abstained from the UN bill to ban support and promotion of nazism... and only two countries voted against it... that is right... the Ukraine and the United States of America... voted against a bill against nazism... those Americans killed on french beaches in D Day would be proud their sacrifice was so important and so valued by the American people now that they don't give a crap which way America votes in the UN.

The amusing thing is they they like to quote that saying... the enemy of my enemy is my friend... except it is bullshit... what it really should be is that the enemy of my enemy is someone I can use to hurt my enemy... but none of us are friends...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:23 am

Do me a favor: join another forum & go fuck urself!

He is a good remedy for those who might believe Europeans are civilised and intelligent... not all of them... not even most of them...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:Don't call black white! Perhaps the Germans, British & Russians that defeated u time & again should have partitioned France & treated u like   u treated the Kanaks & other "savages"! Do me a favor: join another forum & go fuck urself!

Germany is under our boot and pays for it. Russia is a poor developing country and the UK? Will maybe one day reach our level in distant future.

But you are right, they should have done that. They were stupid and paid the price for that.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:23 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Do me a favor: join another forum & go fuck urself!

He is a good remedy for those who might believe Europeans are civilised and intelligent... not all of them... not even most of them...

I´m civilized and highly intelligent.

What you dont understand is, that civilisation and intelligence must not have the goal to care for not your own.

Ever saw Orcas hunting a grey whale female with her calf? They divide her from her calf and drown it. And you know why? For shit and giggles. Orcas are highly intelligent.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Only an idiot self proclaims they are highly intelligent and civilized.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:30 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Only an idiot self proclaims they are highly intelligent and civilized.

No need to selfproclaim. My status shows it.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:24 am

Orcas are highly intelligent.

Only compared to you.

I have shoes more civilised than you.

Russia is a poor developing country and the UK? Will maybe one day reach our level in distant future.

The UK is like France... both passed their prime and on a slippery slope to the status of who gives a fk.

America is throwing sanctions and troops all over the place because they realising they had the chance to be the one and they have squandered it... they will fall back to become a shadow of a superpower... like the UK did and France did, and they will spend the rest of this millennium bitching about what used to be and how it used to be so good, and how countries used to listen to them... they will forget it was because of a threat of force or a bribe...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:00 am

GarryB wrote:
    Orcas are highly intelligent.

Only compared to you.

I have shoes more civilised than you.

Russia is a poor developing country and the UK? Will maybe one day reach our level in distant future.

The UK is like France... both passed their prime and on a slippery slope to the status of who gives a fk.

America is throwing sanctions and troops all over the place because they realising they had the chance to be the one and they have squandered it... they will fall back to become a shadow of a superpower... like the UK did and France did, and they will spend the rest of this millennium bitching about what used to be and how it used to be so good, and how countries used to listen to them... they will forget it was because of a threat of force or a bribe...

Being one of the richest nations on the planet has its advantages.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:33 am

I imagine it would be... but what would you know about it?

I have seen better culture in the back of my beer fridge.

BTW you created this thread... I am glad you can spell diplomacy because you clearly don't know what it means...

And don't waste your time trying to explain how screwing everyone else is clever... anyone can be a censored ... the west has been doing it to the rest of the world for the last 3-4 centuries and how is that working out for you?

Most of the world despises the west for its double standards and its arrogance.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:46 am

GarryB wrote:I imagine it would be... but what would you know about it?

I have seen better culture in the back of my beer fridge.

BTW you created this thread... I am glad you can spell diplomacy because you clearly don't know what it means...

And don't waste your time trying to explain how screwing everyone else is clever... anyone can be a censored ... the west has been doing it to the rest of the world for the last 3-4 centuries and how is that working out for you?

Most of the world despises the west for its double standards and its arrogance.

How it works out for us?

I dont know, i´m a young man and can afford multiple vacations to Australia or New Caledonia, Seychelles per year.

Thoe creatures exist to serve us. Thats their fate.
    Aristide
    Aristide

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 4 Empty France extorts Russia over Nordstream II

Post  Aristide Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm

So far France has protected the German - Russian pipeline project against american sanctions and EU intervention.

The problem is...what has France from this?

Germany gets cheap gas and russia a lucrative contract.

It appears France is not very happy about this and now threatens to drop the support and vote in the EU commission against the pipeline.

With the french veto, the project would be dead.

France said, we could rethink our decission, if teh contract is changed. So far, Gazprom is supplier of the gas and also controlls the pipeline.

France demands that this is split and it appears that France also want huge concessions towards french energy corporations.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:57 pm

I'd say they are extorting Germany

Russia will be selling gas one way or the other, it's Germans who will lose economic edge once gas prices go up

Geniuses scraped all their nuclear power plants lol1
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Russia will be selling gas one way or the other, it's Germans who will lose economic edge once gas prices go up

Only poor countries can be extorted with gas. Developed nations have homes that run on electricity for heating and appliances.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:44 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Only poor countries can be extorted with gas.  Developed nations have homes that run on electricity for heating and appliances.  

Mad
    In the Netherlands 38% of energy consumption goes to heating. Half of this is used by residential buildings. And 89% of Dutch houses have a gas-fired boiler.

The production of green gas must be scaled up drastically. At this moment a mere 0.2% of Dutch gas is green

U.S. electricity generation by source:
    Energy source Billion kWh Share of total
    Total - all sources 4,034
    Fossil fuels (total) 2,536 62.9%
    Natural gas 1,296 32.1%
    Coal 1,206 29.9%
    Petroleum (total) 21 0.5%
    Petroleum liquids 12 0.3%
    Petroleum coke 9 0.2%
    Other gases 12 0.3%
    Nuclear 805 20.0%
    Renewables (total) 687 17.0%
    Hydropower 300 7.4%
    Wind 254 6.3%
    Biomass (total) 63 1.6%
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:17 am

Vladimir79 wrote:
    Only poor countries can be extorted with gas.  Developed nations have homes that run on electricity for heating and appliances.  
    I don't regard the UK as poor and a developed nation. We have a national gas pipeline network down virtually every street in the country where it makes economic sense. Very few buildings here are heated by electricity, where gas is not available then kerosene or propane is used. This changes slightly with mega insulated houses but there arn't many of them.

The calculation changes of course in countries with a less dense population where small pipelines make no sense. Where no hydro is available gas is usually the cheapest fuel its just that many can't access it.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:52 am

The US use quite a number of fossil fuel for heating. Unlike Russia or Europe they don't have an extensive heating system using the heat from thermal power plants.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 am

Vladimir79 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

using electricity for heating is very inefficient and costly (and not environmentally friendly at all)

It may make papartially sense only if you produce a lot of electricity from non fossil burning powerplants.

The only thing that would make less sense would be charging your electric car with a portable diesel generator.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:57 am

Hahahahaha... their french allies kick them in the balls again... germany needs to find Frances weak spot and kick back... perhaps they could declare the leader of the Yellow Jackets to be the real president of France and demand Micron hold elections within the next 8 days or face an invasion... not like they haven't invaded before...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 am

using electricity for heating is very inefficient and costly (and not environmentally friendly at all)

It may make papartially sense only if you produce a lot of electricity from non fossil burning powerplants.

The only thing that would make less sense would be charging your electric car with a portable diesel generator.

Well actually step one is making sure your houses are properly insulated no matter what form of heating you choose.

Here in the South Island of New Zealand most houses are electrically heated and power is provided via hydro electric dam, but also over time more and more people are adding wind power and solar power, and of course improving insulation further.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

And how is that electricity generated, pray tell?

I lived in Britain. All heating monpolized by British Gas; gas-fired boilers in individual homes most often. A lot of their electricity is generated from natural gas too.

France gets most of its electricity from nuclear power, don't know about their heating. But that combined with a more temperate climate, means they would be less affected than most.

Urban Russian homes get their heating from centralized boiler stations serving thousands of appartments simultaneously - a more efficient arrangement than the British one and a neccessary one given the harsh and long winters. If you go to any Russian city you'll see them - these huge buildings with multiple very tall pipes churning out steam all winter-round. Adding to that, a huge amount of Russia's electricity is generated from natural gas too.

And you're forgetting about the role of natural gas in heavy industry, which is in fact huge and key to countries such as Germany.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 pm

GarryB wrote:Hahahahaha... their french allies kick them in the balls again... germany needs to find Frances weak spot and kick back... perhaps they could declare the leader of the Yellow Jackets to be the real president of France and demand Micron hold elections within the next 8 days or face an invasion... not like they haven't invaded before...

As usual you are wrong. Germany and France made an agreement today. The one who has to pay is Russia. Gazprom buildsnthe pipeline but wont control it.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    I don't regard the UK as poor and a developed nation. We have a national gas pipeline network down virtually every street in the country where it makes economic sense. Very few buildings here are heated by electricity, where gas is not available then kerosene or propane is used. This changes slightly with mega insulated houses but there arn't many of them.

The calculation changes of course in countries with a less dense population where small pipelines make no sense. Where no hydro is available gas is usually the cheapest fuel its just that many can't access it.

Like you say the homes have not been updated with insulation so they are just wasting energy. When those decrepit gas lines explode it is like a tactile nuke going off. A modern building has every aspect of energy efficiency built into it for reducing power consumption. There is no reason the world shouldn't be running on nuclear power until a stable fusion reaction is discovered.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 am

Aristide wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Hahahahaha... their french allies kick them in the balls again... germany needs to find Frances weak spot and kick back... perhaps they could declare the leader of the Yellow Jackets to be the real president of France and demand Micron hold elections within the next 8 days or face an invasion... not like they haven't invaded before...

As usual you are wrong. Germany and France made an agreement today. The one who has to pay is Russia. Gazprom buildsnthe pipeline but wont control it.

Wrong Razz

https://www.rt.com/business/450983-france-germany-nord-stream2/

...According to a copy of a draft obtained by AFP, the two EU countries agreed on Friday to ensure oversight will come from the “territory and territorial sea of the member state where the first interconnection point is located.”

The draft text replaced the older wording stating the EU rules on gas imports will be applied by “the territory of the member states” and/or the “territorial sea of the member states.”...

Germans are in charge (naturally, being primary customers) while France and EU can go suck a lemon (and when I say lemon I mean something else entirely)

Russia sells gas, Germany buys and uses gas, the Ukraine can rot.

Did you really think that Krauts will let you have a say in their economic dominance on the continent?
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:53 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

Wrong Razz

https://www.rt.com/business/450983-france-germany-nord-stream2/

...According to a copy of a draft obtained by AFP, the two EU countries agreed on Friday to ensure oversight will come from the “territory and territorial sea of the member state where the first interconnection point is located.”

The draft text replaced the older wording stating the EU rules on gas imports will be applied by “the territory of the member states” and/or the “territorial sea of the member states.”...

Germans are in charge (naturally, being primary customers) while France and EU can go suck a lemon (and when I say lemon I mean something else entirely)

Russia sells gas, Germany buys and uses gas, the Ukraine can rot.

Did you really think that Krauts will let you have a say in their economic dominance on the continent?

Russia pays the pipeline and loses control over it.

Since the Krauts are led by a weak women, yes we do own them. Merkel usually does as we tell her.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:28 am