Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 902
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  OminousSpudd on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:37 am

    Meh, comments are saying old vid, and it's Vehicle IED. So I don't know.
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2412
    Points : 2404
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Regular on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:17 pm

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Garmin10
    SU-24 really need some upgrades
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4068
    Points : 4085
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:34 pm

    Regular wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Garmin10
    SU-24 really need some upgrades

    UUUUh jesuss not this again. They use it as a cross examining tool not primary. Not everyone does it and not every one is an ass about it.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9528
    Points : 9610
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:08 pm

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ab1_1449177441

    Su-34 strike from Jihadist perspective.

    Must be a grain powder explosion at a food depot.

    Definitely must be, according to that "sweartome123" troll.

    Liar, liar, oil tank on fire!!! lol1
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4582
    Points : 4686
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Vann7 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:12 pm


    China continues "supporting" Russia actions in Syria but not a single fucking pistol or humanitarian aid or any practical help to Russia from them other than words. what a fucking
    Self Selfish bastards. a few drones from CHina to help monitor terrorist movements could have
    helped a lot much more than DOING NOTHING. . Is kind of Sad to observe Russia begging the world ,anyone to give them a little help but no one listen. CHina and INdia are too busy to care
    about an issue that sooner or later will affect directly them.. If US and its coalition allowed to get their way and split Syria and IRAQ.

    http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151204/1031237235/china-putin-anti-terrorist-front.html

    How many times Putin needs to ask for international help? Do anyone really cares about
    defeating the terrorsim sponsored by the west.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9528
    Points : 9610
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:15 pm

    Vann7 wrote:
    China continues "supporting" Russia actions in Syria but not a single fucking pistol or humanitarian aid or any practical help to Russia from them other than words. what a fucking
    Self Selfish bastards. a few drones from CHina to help monitor terrorist movements could have
    helped a lot much more than DOING NOTHING. . Is kind of Sad to observe Russia begging the world ,anyone to give them a little help but no one listen. CHina and INdia are too busy to care
    about an issue that sooner or later will affect directly them.. If US and its coalition allowed to get their way and split Syria and IRAQ.

    http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151204/1031237235/china-putin-anti-terrorist-front.html

    How many times Putin needs to ask for international help? Do anyone really cares about
    defeating the terrorsim sponsored by the west.

    When was Russia begging? When did Putin ask for international help? WTF do Chincoms have to do with this?


    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9528
    Points : 9610
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:16 pm


    "Trump aligns with Putin in accusing Turkey of siding with ISIL"

    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-putin-isil-turkey-216309





    "Russian FM: We May Link up With Kurds to Seal Turkey-Syria Border"

    http://russia-insider.com/en/russian-fm-we-may-link-kurds-seal-turkey-syria-border/ri11656
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4068
    Points : 4085
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:51 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    "Trump aligns with Putin in accusing Turkey of siding with ISIL"

    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-putin-isil-turkey-216309





    "Russian FM: We May Link up With Kurds to Seal Turkey-Syria Border"

    http://russia-insider.com/en/russian-fm-we-may-link-kurds-seal-turkey-syria-border/ri11656

    I like to move it, move it.
    Akula971
    Akula971

    Posts : 128
    Points : 143
    Join date : 2015-04-25
    Location : Mordor

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Akula971 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:03 pm

    Parin, I just read that :
    1) Germany will be moving in with Troops into Syria. (Lower house approved this )

    Troops, resupply aircraft, a frigate, 6 Tornados for 'surveillance'

    2) US is preparing an airbase in YPG controlle area -  air base in North-Eastern Syria.Airbase is built on the basis of the agricultural airport in Emelan, Eastern Hasaka. The territory controlled by Kurdish militia YPG.

    The American technicians working in Emelan last month and a half. Prepared runway length of 2,500 meters. The base size is 10 hectares.

    What the hell does NATO want ??

    Also to the troll going crazy after why VKS is bombing fuel dumps, sorry i mean grain dumps and water treatment facilities - you should go defend Daesh from the evil Russians. We are infidels here, you shouldnt talk to us or you'll become one too.
    avatar
    SturmGuard

    Posts : 150
    Points : 155
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  SturmGuard on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:39 pm

    Some people are losing it, again.

    That "Su-34 strike" is an old Al-Nusra VBIED:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=746_1401218881

    You will notice how the poster "cleverly" filmed it on another screen, ommiting the left side of the video in the shorter one posted previously.

    The "oil facilities" are in two cases a grain silo and a small water treatment plant (not the one which was reportedly bombed by Syrians, Russians or Americans depending on the source).

    The grain silos were long empty, and may have been used for storing weapons, ammo or oil barrels in the vicinity. What is absolutely unacceptable in this modern age of fast information flow is the false representation, and an obvious one. Just tell the truth, or at least something less obviously wrong.

    This is simply bad PR, not that I care about it, but unfortunately, the world is inhabited by fools and easily manipulated individuals so the strategy should reflect the reality.
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2115
    Points : 2316
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  par far on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:49 pm

    "How Russia is smashing the Turkish game in Syria" by Pepe Escobar, great analysis and a great read.


    https://www.rt.com/op-edge/324563-isis-russia-turkey-syria/


    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4582
    Points : 4686
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Vann7 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:57 pm

    SturmGuard wrote:Some people are losing it, again.

    That "Su-34 strike" is an old Al-Nusra VBIED:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=746_1401218881

    You will notice how the poster "cleverly" filmed it on another screen, ommiting the left side of the video in the shorter one posted previously.

    The "oil facilities" are in two cases a grain silo and a small water treatment plant (not the one which was reportedly bombed by Syrians, Russians or Americans depending on the source).

    The grain silos were long empty, and may have been used for storing weapons, ammo or oil barrels in the vicinity. What is absolutely unacceptable in this modern age of fast information flow is the false representation, and an obvious one. Just tell the truth, or at least something less obviously wrong.



    You talk as if Russia is doing something wrong.. lol
    Whats your problem dude? Russia is not misleading anyone is fighting All terrorist and Americans helping them.. and RUssia is bombing anything that could be of use by Terrorist
    whats the problem with that ? You are like making a storm in a cup of water. Neutral
    avatar
    SturmGuard

    Posts : 150
    Points : 155
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  SturmGuard on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:00 pm

    You might want to read others' posts more, and write less of your own. Would work wonders for the quality of the site, the quality of your own posts and especially your reading comprehension.


    If they go the PR way of making those daily presentations to media and public, why not simply omit the footage that shows "civilian" targets, or at least label them properly? Why present obviously false claims to the whole world, ready to be scrutinised and questioned by those obnoxious spin doctors, twatter activists and "independent journalists and analysts"? The kind of people I would like to bitchslap day after day?


    Where do you come up with this ridiculous narrative of "either with us or against us" even in cases where people present facts and rational arguments with the intent to improve the way things are carried out?
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4582
    Points : 4686
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Vann7 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:09 pm

    SturmGuard wrote:You might want to read others' posts more, and write less of your own. Would work wonders for the quality of site, the quality of your posts and especially the reading comprehension.


    If they go the PR way of making those daily presentations to media and public, why not simply omit the footage that shows "civilian" targets, or at least label them properly?


    Where do you come up with this ridiculous narrative of "either with us or against us" even in cases where people present facts and rational arguments with the intent to improve the way things are carried out?

    Russia don't need public relations imbecile.. they are bombing Terrorist and thats it.
    IF... IF only IF ,they have committed mistake with any of their presentation about their daily
    progress ,there is a millions of reasons for that to happen ,and not necessarily because of
    they like to lie.. like information provided to him error.. etc..  You make it as if Russia needs
    to mislead the world to justify their actions in Syria.  Rolling Eyes  .  And the heavily edited video you posted Does not say much.. Not enough evidence to proof any of your point.. Go away troll.  The only people that could speak like you are anyone who came to create doubts about Russia actions in Syria..  Russia avoided for 5 years to be in Syria ,because of the high risk of that conflict , so is not like they want to be there. Russia will be way happier not bombing Syria and not risking the lives of its pilots .and wasting hundreds of millions dollars and even risking a world war 3.. So you should be more thankful and not an idiot for Russia being the only major force in the world truly helping Syria fighting western sponsored terrorist.

    If you find any inaccuracy on any Russian report ,if you think is important then sure report it.
    but complaining and calling Russia general staff liars is ridiculous.as if they were in the business to deceive people, such behavior Can only come from a troll.

    Is like the pro terrorist trolls complaining that Russia "is not bombing ISIS" ,and mostly targeting "moderates". lol1   This is the main argument of any Alqaeda supporter in the Syrian conflict. Guess what Russia makes no differences between ISIS and Alqaeda ,they are all terrorist , they switch names to the best offer ,and Russia drops bombs in all of them ,regardless of their terrorist faction name ,given by the west and  US coalition bombs none.


    Last edited by Vann7 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4028
    Points : 4114
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:31 pm

    Akula971 wrote:Parin, I just read that :
    1) Germany will be moving in with Troops into Syria. (Lower house approved this )

    Troops, resupply aircraft, a frigate, 6 Tornados for 'surveillance'

    2) US is preparing an airbase in YPG controlle area -  air base in North-Eastern Syria.Airbase is built on the basis of the agricultural airport in Emelan, Eastern Hasaka. The territory controlled by Kurdish militia YPG.

    The American technicians working in Emelan last month and a half. Prepared runway length of 2,500 meters. The base size is 10 hectares.

    What the hell does NATO want ??

    Also to the troll going crazy after why VKS is bombing fuel dumps, sorry i mean grain dumps and water treatment facilities - you should go defend Daesh from the evil Russians. We are infidels here, you shouldnt talk to us or you'll become one too.

    Russia should evict these uninvited guests via the UN.

    The British bombing campaign, US assistance to YPG, Turkey support to Turkmen Islamists - none of it is to do with fighting ISIS, the convenient bogeyman. I don't know who the bogeyman was in the Boxer Rebellion interventions; but this is starting to look a lot like it.
    They are all preparing to carve up the country by securing their own areas and using them as leverage in negotiations. But they have no legitimacy, they are all there illegally.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9528
    Points : 9610
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:42 pm


    Blood for the Blood God!!! Twisted Evil  russia


    Russian Warplanes Hit 1,458 Terrorist Targets in Syria Over a Week


    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151204/1031259408/russian-warplanes-1458-targets.html

    DETAILS TO FOLLOW
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4068
    Points : 4085
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:44 pm

    SturmGuard wrote:Some people are losing it, again.

    That "Su-34 strike" is an old Al-Nusra VBIED:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=746_1401218881

    You will notice how the poster "cleverly" filmed it on another screen, ommiting the left side of the video in the shorter one posted previously.

    The "oil facilities" are in two cases a grain silo and a small water treatment plant (not the one which was reportedly bombed by Syrians, Russians or Americans depending on the source).

    The grain silos were long empty, and may have been used for storing weapons, ammo or oil barrels in the vicinity. What is absolutely unacceptable in this modern age of fast information flow is the false representation, and an obvious one. Just tell the truth, or at least something less obviously wrong.

    This is simply bad PR, not that I care about it, but unfortunately, the world is inhabited by fools and easily manipulated individuals so the strategy should reflect the reality.

    Yes that's a SVBIED from Al Nusra. The magnitude of that explosion could be reached by things like double FAB 9000/Triple FAB 5000T none of which have been used by Russia so far.
    Oil facilities are like said above probably storage areas and mom & pop refineries which don't nead no breaking process and no supper cavitating OMFGBBQ refineries. This has been the norm for about three years. Whenever the Rebels, then FSA, then Nusra, then ISIS has gotten leeway on oil and oil processes, they have quickly dismantled visible structure. and reduced their footprint. Unless it was impossible.

    The grain silos were indeed used for many things, including dwellings and ammo dumps by JAN (look at recent advances by SAA in Aleppo). Same for "uber bakery" in Idlib or the "HUGE UBER water treatement plan".
    As I said, this is just casual bullshitting the RU MO is giving from time to time, since they do not release the OPVIS or PID on the majority of the strikes. They just troll you guys, and both sides take the bait. OMGTRUTHBBQ and OMGLIEZBBQ keep fighting about Russian LIEZ or Russian Gospel while the Russian keep pounding the FSA/JAN/JAF/AAS to their knees. Including the steady destruction of convoys up NOrth.

    Last time I say this, why would Russia reveal the "strategy"? That's how it's been so far. Even the US is coming to terms with how Russia is operating in the area. They're hitting the most fragile points of the Moderates, at nauseam and they're doing so with TOTAL disregard for civilian casulaties. So far it's been relatively cool on that front, because the zones are mostly empty, but the Russians are hitting that way, because they want to cause a movement of the civilians. That's COIN 101. It's not some kind of space math. Just very basic application of the way they used to win in Chechnya.

    I see also a lot of people saying that militarily the Russians achieved nothing. That's so wrong on so many levels. Having the moderates, getting crushed in their Turkish pass, will force Turkey to get in. The base in Hasaka, that the US is building, will only make things worse for Turkey. Because once the US builds that runway, Russians will unload whatever the Kurds need to attack the Euphrates line, directly. I don't understand why the US is doing this? It's retarded. Now that the Turkish planes CANNOT cross the border, it's going to be a total clusterfuck and ISIS will be "allowed" to first beat the Moderates in Azzaz, so de facto sealing the border...(the irony) and invite Russians AND Americans to bomb the living shit out of that area.

    Only this makes the Russian intervention a total game changer. While the Moderates were in the verge of winning, now they're in the verge of betting erased from the Turkish border area, which would put the Turkmens directly in charge of the whole Anti-Assad op in Northern Syria.

    They will go from enablers, to actual fighters. Erdogan's blowback for that Russian SU, is losing it's favourite toys. And then we have people crying about Putin not doing enough. Lel.

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9528
    Points : 9610
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:49 pm


    Syrian Army Liberates Key Areas in Latakia With Russia's Aerial Assistance

    The Syrian army liberated a number of key areas in the coastal northwestern Syrian province of Latakia, with Russia's aerial assistance, military sources told Iranian media on Friday.


    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151204/1031255989/syrian-army-latakia.html


    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The Russian Aerospace Forces have been carrying out airstrikes against terrorist targets across eight Syrian provinces, including Latakia, at the request of Syrian President Bashar Assad, since September 30.

    "The sources said that the Syrian army, the NDF [National Defense Forces] fighters and the Russian Air Force conducted joint anti-terrorist operations near the strategic regions of Rweiset Khandaq and Ketf al-Hamidah," Fars News Agency reported.

    It added that pro-government forces had restored full security in four other villages in the vicinity of the province’s northern mountain.

    Dozens of militants died in the ground campaign, the sources added.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9528
    Points : 9610
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:57 pm


    Chunky update on Russian and Iranian involvement:

    http://panzerbar.livejournal.com/3012573.html

    Basically: Syria gets S-300 and closes the sky for anyone not fighting terrorists, Iran sends two squadrons of Su-24s in Syria and 4000 Revolutionary Guards, Russian S-400, Pantsirs and Tors are in Syria and Shaaryat airbase is being prepared to receive Russian planes.

    Russian speakers might elaborate, me so noob...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4068
    Points : 4085
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:03 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Chunky update on Russian and Iranian involvement:

    http://panzerbar.livejournal.com/3012573.html

    Basically: Syria gets S-300 and closes the sky for anyone not fighting terrorists, Iran sends two squadrons of Su-24s in Syria and 4000 Revolutionary Guards, Russian S-400, Pantsirs and Tors are in Syria and Shaaryat airbase is being prepared to receive Russian planes.

    Russian speakers might elaborate, me so noob...

    I just hope this is true. By the looks of it, they've decided to choke Aleppo and isolate Idlib. Going for a kill loop without contact. Contactless assaults are going to wreck Syria's infrastructure, but catharsis will save the state. Never been so overwhelmed by the power of artillery.
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2115
    Points : 2316
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  par far on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:13 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Chunky update on Russian and Iranian involvement:

    http://panzerbar.livejournal.com/3012573.html

    Basically: Syria gets S-300 and closes the sky for anyone not fighting terrorists, Iran sends two squadrons of Su-24s in Syria and 4000 Revolutionary Guards, Russian S-400, Pantsirs and Tors are in Syria and Shaaryat airbase is being prepared to receive Russian planes.

    Russian speakers might elaborate, me so noob...



    The thing is we don't really know how reliable this source is, if it was true then west media would have reported it.
    avatar
    ult

    Posts : 794
    Points : 834
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  ult on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:32 pm













    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:36 pm

    Russia continues its war on Jihadist oil. Interestingly enough, even a Western tabloid is calling it ISIS convoy headed to Turkey. VKS still hitting oil stations filled to the brim with HE grain.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346230/ISIS-oil-convoy-obliterated-Russian-air-strike-Syria-days-Putin-said-Turkey-buying-Islamists.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
    https://twitter.com/zvezdanews/status/672810473683820544

    Here is a list of what the VKS managed to destroy this week alone:
    185 command centres
    109 weapon/explosives warehouses
    23 training centres
    232 fortified positions
    887 groups of militants
    12 oil refineries
    8 oil extraction locations
    40 Daesh tankers
    https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/672812316325314560

    Palmyra got hit heavily in the morning. Opposition media is pretty buttblasted so the strikes were effective.
    https://twitter.com/palmyrarev1/status/672742283020759040

    I really don't have time to verify the information, but I will pass on what I find interesting. Y'all have been good at determining the validity anyway.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4068
    Points : 4085
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:36 pm

    Damnn they're targeting the T-spot. Shall we call this Russasutra? They're adamant into hitting whatever comes out.
    avatar
    SturmGuard

    Posts : 150
    Points : 155
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  SturmGuard on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:43 pm

    Vann7 wrote: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

    Ummm.... OK?

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Yes that's a SVBIED from Al Nusra. The magnitude of that explosion could be reached by things like double FAB 9000/Triple FAB 5000T none of which have been used by Russia so far.
    Oil facilities are like said above probably storage areas and mom & pop refineries which don't nead no breaking process and no supper cavitating OMFGBBQ refineries. This has been the norm for about three years. Whenever the Rebels, then FSA, then Nusra, then ISIS has gotten leeway on oil and oil processes, they have quickly dismantled visible structure. and reduced their footprint. Unless it was impossible.

    The grain silos were indeed used for many things, including dwellings and ammo dumps by JAN (look at recent advances by SAA in Aleppo). Same for "uber bakery" in Idlib or the "HUGE UBER water treatement plan".
    As I said, this is just casual bullshitting the RU MO is giving from time to time, since they do not release the OPVIS or PID on the majority of the strikes. They just troll you guys, and both sides take the bait. OMGTRUTHBBQ and OMGLIEZBBQ keep fighting about Russian LIEZ or Russian Gospel while the Russian keep pounding the FSA/JAN/JAF/AAS to their knees. Including the steady destruction of convoys up NOrth.

    Last time I say this, why would Russia reveal the "strategy"? That's how it's been so far. Even the US is coming to terms with how Russia is operating in the area. They're hitting the most fragile points of the Moderates, at nauseam and they're doing so with TOTAL disregard for civilian casulaties. So far it's been relatively cool on that front, because the zones are mostly empty, but the Russians are hitting that way, because they want to cause a movement of the civilians. That's COIN 101. It's not some kind of space math. Just very basic application of the way they used to win  in Chechnya.

    I see also a lot of people saying that militarily the Russians achieved nothing. That's so wrong on so many levels. Having the moderates, getting crushed in their Turkish pass,  will force Turkey to get in. The base in Hasaka, that the US is building, will only make things worse for Turkey. Because once the US builds that runway, Russians will unload whatever the Kurds need to attack the Euphrates line, directly. I don't understand why the US is doing this? It's retarded. Now that the Turkish planes CANNOT cross the border, it's going to be a total clusterfuck and ISIS will be "allowed" to first beat the Moderates in Azzaz, so de facto sealing the border...(the irony) and invite Russians AND Americans to bomb the living shit out of that area.

    Only this makes the Russian intervention a total game changer. While the Moderates were in the verge of winning, now they're in the verge of betting erased from the Turkish border area, which would put the Turkmens directly in charge of the whole Anti-Assad op in Northern Syria.

    They will go from enablers, to actual fighters. Erdogan's blowback for that Russian SU, is losing it's favourite toys. And then we have people crying about Putin not doing enough. Lel.


    Another good post explaining the matter further. As I said the moment Russia officialy intervened, there should be absolutely no distinction made between shades of extremists and the colour of their flags. First mop up the closest and most heavily funded and supported, than the next etc. Of course, targeting the "CIA trained" Warmart clerks at the very beginning was probably even better.

    What I don't understand were those headings such as "striking ISIS target" when it was some Al-Nusra, ash-Sham or al-Fateh target. To hell with designations, just give people a nice and welcome sight of blowing terrorists and their means to wage war. Or claiming to be bombing oil refinery when the target is obviously not one, and there are no secondary explosions or other give-away signs such as heavy soot from oil fires. Why even show "controversial" targets to public?


    I share your opinion of the border sealing operation. I have always wondered why was there no attempt made to eradicate those pockets of rebel/terrorist held territories within government areas. And then the answer came: the war can only be finished if the flow of weapons, ammo and fighters is stopped by closing the borders, specifically to Turkey.


    Last edited by SturmGuard on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:18 am