Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
sheytanelkebir
DerWolf
Cyrus the great
ExBeobachter1987
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
Akula971
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Dima
Werewolf
George1
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Solncepek
short_fuze
JohninMK
ult
PapaDragon
Vann7
Backinblack
KiloGolf
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Zivo
iraqidabab
par far
sepheronx
Siempre_Leal
JohnSnow
auslander
BKP
Pirey
wilhelm
Max Italy
Bidoul
Boshoed
Bolt
headshot69
VladimirSahin
kvs
Airbornewolf
Regular
jhelb
sweartome123
whir
mack8
Fred333
Captain Nemo
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
zorobabel
Neutrality
Khepesh
Godric
Stealthflanker
SturmGuard
ultron
Karl Haushofer
arpakola
Erk
Acheron
zg18
max steel
Kadmos45
Rmf
Odin of Ossetia
fragmachine
Rodinazombie
76 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:52 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/12032102/Awful-though-it-seems-working-with-Assad-may-be-the-only-option-in-Syria.html

F*** you very much.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:55 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/12032102/Awful-though-it-seems-working-with-Assad-may-be-the-only-option-in-Syria.html

F*** you very much.

I see Sherlock Holmes took his interest in this whole Syria problem and helped them to deduce solution.
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Yep, the "Friends of Syria" got their asses handed to them.

They are defeated, temporarily, but they will be back, in some other part of the world.
    ult

Post  ult Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:05 pm

The same strike.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:09 pm

SturmGuard wrote:
    Vann7 wrote: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Ummm.... OK?

KoTeMoRe wrote:Yes that's a SVBIED from Al Nusra. The magnitude of that explosion could be reached by things like double FAB 9000/Triple FAB 5000T none of which have been used by Russia so far.
    Oil facilities are like said above probably storage areas and mom & pop refineries which don't nead no breaking process and no supper cavitating OMFGBBQ refineries. This has been the norm for about three years. Whenever the Rebels, then FSA, then Nusra, then ISIS has gotten leeway on oil and oil processes, they have quickly dismantled visible structure. and reduced their footprint. Unless it was impossible.

The grain silos were indeed used for many things, including dwellings and ammo dumps by JAN (look at recent advances by SAA in Aleppo). Same for "uber bakery" in Idlib or the "HUGE UBER water treatement plan".
    As I said, this is just casual bullshitting the RU MO is giving from time to time, since they do not release the OPVIS or PID on the majority of the strikes. They just troll you guys, and both sides take the bait. OMGTRUTHBBQ and OMGLIEZBBQ keep fighting about Russian LIEZ or Russian Gospel while the Russian keep pounding the FSA/JAN/JAF/AAS to their knees. Including the steady destruction of convoys up NOrth.

Last time I say this, why would Russia reveal the "strategy"? That's how it's been so far. Even the US is coming to terms with how Russia is operating in the area. They're hitting the most fragile points of the Moderates, at nauseam and they're doing so with TOTAL disregard for civilian casulaties. So far it's been relatively cool on that front, because the zones are mostly empty, but the Russians are hitting that way, because they want to cause a movement of the civilians. That's COIN 101. It's not some kind of space math. Just very basic application of the way they used to win  in Chechnya.

I see also a lot of people saying that militarily the Russians achieved nothing. That's so wrong on so many levels. Having the moderates, getting crushed in their Turkish pass,  will force Turkey to get in. The base in Hasaka, that the US is building, will only make things worse for Turkey. Because once the US builds that runway, Russians will unload whatever the Kurds need to attack the Euphrates line, directly. I don't understand why the US is doing this? It's retarded. Now that the Turkish planes CANNOT cross the border, it's going to be a total clusterfuck and ISIS will be "allowed" to first beat the Moderates in Azzaz, so de facto sealing the border...(the irony) and invite Russians AND Americans to bomb the living shit out of that area.

Only this makes the Russian intervention a total game changer. While the Moderates were in the verge of winning, now they're in the verge of betting erased from the Turkish border area, which would put the Turkmens directly in charge of the whole Anti-Assad op in Northern Syria.

They will go from enablers, to actual fighters. Erdogan's blowback for that Russian SU, is losing it's favourite toys. And then we have people crying about Putin not doing enough. Lel.

Another good post explaining the matter further. As I said the moment Russia officialy intervened, there should be absolutely no distinction made between shades of extremists and the colour of their flags. First mop up the closest and most heavily funded and supported, than the next etc. Of course, targeting the "CIA trained" Warmart clerks at the very beginning was probably even better.

What I don't understand were those headings such as "striking ISIS target" when it was some Al-Nusra, ash-Sham or al-Fateh target. To hell with designations, just give people a nice and welcome sight of blowing terrorists and their means to wage war. Or claiming to be bombing oil refinery when the target is obviously not one, and there are no secondary explosions or other give-away signs such as heavy soot from oil fires. Why even show "controversial" targets to public?

I share your opinion of the border sealing operation. I have always wondered why was there no attempt made to eradicate those pockets of rebel/terrorist held territories within government areas. And then the answer came: the war can only be finished if the flow of weapons, ammo and fighters is stopped by closing the borders, specifically to Turkey.  

The problem was that Russia didn't want this to be too evident,as it would have shifted the pressure. There's literally nothing to stop weapons coming from Jordan but ...ISIS. So they first beat around the bush, then started going funny about it, hitting first commo lines on Turkmen hill. Then hitting directly people that were Turkish contacts. That got the Turks to actually pull a Turkish, which, I believe was something Russia WAS expecting. Only not in this fashion. What happened to Oleg Peshkov (RIP) and his navigator was absurd and clearly a jailbait. In a sense the Russians were expecting Turkish shenanigans, just not Turkish maddness. While Putin looked mad, I don't think it was because the Turks shot the plane, but that they shot it directly. But in retrospect, that was also a total disaster for Turkey, because now they cannot even operate within the coalition ranks. "Syrians" are on them like shit to a goat. And furthermore it's funny how Russians now rape totally everything they want on the Syrian side of the border. And Turkey can't do shit about it.

Now the US is trying to do some damage control, because there's nothing they can do else. They can't bomb the SAA and they can't help JAN directly. All they can do is put an operational leash on PYD. Which ironically, with that airstrip over there is Futile now. Russia will given the Kurds all they need to tackle "ISIS". Check and probably Mat.
    sweartome123

Post  sweartome123 Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:34 pm

SturmGuard wrote:Some people are losing it, again.

That "Su-34 strike" is an old Al-Nusra VBIED:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=746_1401218881

You will notice how the poster "cleverly" filmed it on another screen, ommiting the left side of the video in the shorter one posted previously.

The "oil facilities" are in two cases a grain silo and a small water treatment plant (not the one which was reportedly bombed by Syrians, Russians or Americans depending on the source).

The grain silos were long empty, and may have been used for storing weapons, ammo or oil barrels in the vicinity. What is absolutely unacceptable in this modern age of fast information flow is the false representation, and an obvious one. Just tell the truth, or at least something less obviously wrong.

This is simply bad PR, not that I care about it, but unfortunately, the world is inhabited by fools and easily manipulated individuals so the strategy should reflect the reality.

For your own sake, don't talk about grain silos and water treatment plants too much lol.

The way I look at it:

1. Bad PR on the MoD's (whether they give a shit about PR is a different issue)
    2. The grain silos were likely being used to hide ammo, guns, supplies, etc.

Just because I called bs on 3 LITTLE VIDEOS doesn't mean I am "defending terrorism."

It is more than likely that those grain silos were being used by enemy forces. Terrorists using civilian infrastructure to hide men and supplies is nothing new.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/12032102/Awful-though-it-seems-working-with-Assad-may-be-the-only-option-in-Syria.html

F*** you very much.

I see Sherlock Holmes took his interest in  this whole Syria problem and helped them to deduce solution.

Boy from Baker Street is back in action!!! russia
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:02 pm

sweartome123 wrote:
    SturmGuard wrote:Some people are losing it, again.

That "Su-34 strike" is an old Al-Nusra VBIED:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=746_1401218881

You will notice how the poster "cleverly" filmed it on another screen, ommiting the left side of the video in the shorter one posted previously.

The "oil facilities" are in two cases a grain silo and a small water treatment plant (not the one which was reportedly bombed by Syrians, Russians or Americans depending on the source).

The grain silos were long empty, and may have been used for storing weapons, ammo or oil barrels in the vicinity. What is absolutely unacceptable in this modern age of fast information flow is the false representation, and an obvious one. Just tell the truth, or at least something less obviously wrong.

This is simply bad PR, not that I care about it, but unfortunately, the world is inhabited by fools and easily manipulated individuals so the strategy should reflect the reality.

For your own sake, don't talk about grain silos and water treatment plants too much lol.

The way I look at it:

1. Bad PR on the MoD's (whether they give a shit about PR is a different issue)
    2. The grain silos were likely being used to hide ammo, guns, supplies, etc.

Just because I called bs on 3 LITTLE VIDEOS doesn't mean I am "defending terrorism."

It is more than likely that those grain silos were being used by enemy forces. Terrorists using civilian infrastructure to hide men and supplies is nothing new.
    Russia. Doesn't. Give. À. Fuck. Aboot. PR. If you think this remotely important, you clearly have not seen the outrage, when SAG was bombed on 30th of September.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:06 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:...................................

Russia. Doesn't. Give. À. Fuck. Aboot. PR. If you think this remotely important, you clearly have not seen the outrage, when SAG was bombed on 30th of September.

The Truth. angel

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Rumors all over the place about Turkish troops entering Iraq right now....
    par far

Post  par far Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:Rumors all over the place about Turkish troops entering Iraq right now....

They are apparently in Mosul to train forces fighting isis terrorists(that's a big lie), they are there because they are afraid Iraq might ask Russia to use's it air force in Iraq.

http://www.dailysabah.com/syrian-crisis/2015/12/04/130-turkish-troops-in-mosul-to-give-training

par far

Post  par far Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 pm

par far wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:Rumors all over the place about Turkish troops entering Iraq right now....

They are apparently in Mosul to train forces fighting isis terrorists(that's a big lie), they are there because they are afraid Iraq might ask Russia to use's it air force in Iraq.

http://www.dailysabah.com/syrian-crisis/2015/12/04/130-turkish-troops-in-mosul-to-give-training

This is why they probably are in Iraq.

http://www.ibtimes.com/islamic-state-war-iran-says-russia-free-use-airspace-attack-isis-syrian-targets-2211722

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:34 pm

Great video
    ult wrote:

One of the convoys hit

From another angle

P.S.

Already posted in the other thread tongue ..oh well, I suppose it belongs here anyway

Last edited by Cyberspec on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:36 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:...................................

The Truth. angel

Beautiful. pirat
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:33 pm

I'd like to see some sources.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Russian and Syrian troops conduct exercises to counter-attack in the province of Idlib

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 CVO7FYiWIAA2gpf

According to French media, for two weeks, Russian and Syrian troops conduct joint training in Latakia. Training is conducted in front of the counter-offensive in Idlib province (in the north-west of the country), which is currently controlled by opposition forces. This was reported by a source in the Syrian security services.

As a source told the agency "France-Press", «joint training has been going on for two weeks in the north of Latakia," which is considered the base of the regime in Damascus. Idlib is controlled by the movement "Al-Nusra", "the next phase of military operations will be the main battlefield for joint Russian-Syrian operations," - the source added.

According to him, "in the province is the largest number of opposition groups, with the exception of the" Islamic state. " It regularly militants moved as soon as an agreement is a ceasefire. " Apparently, he was alluding to the fact that on 30 November 119 militants previously blocked in the suburbs of Damascus Kudsayya, headed Idlib in exchange for the abandonment of the city. According to the agreement, in other parts of Syria will be removed and the militants, who controlled the recent quarters in Homs.

Russian aviation acts on targets in the province of Idlib at the outset in an air operation in Syria.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1610056.html
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Neutrality wrote:

I'd like to see some sources.

Apparently they sent in 130 soldiers to assist in training the Iraqi Kurds. Suspect

dunno
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:45 pm

French are moving their aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf and away from Syria.

http://tass.ru/en/world/841768

Suspect

dunno
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:32 pm

franco wrote:French are moving their aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf and away from Syria.

http://tass.ru/en/world/841768

Suspect

dunno

Besides the big "WTF?!?" reaction within NATO on Turkey's shootdown of the Russian bomber. some people in EU millitary's, including German and British Millitary intelligence do not trust the redeployment of Turkish forces near the Turkey/Syria border. Everyone also within NATO knows Turkey deliberatly shot down that SU-24, and honestly believe Erdogan might do something stupid again like invading northern Syria and shooting at Russian aircraft operating there.

There is serious doubt about what Erdogan will do next within NATO. France withdraws its Carrier so in the case of an exchange of hostility's between Russia and Turkey, the carrier will not be near it.  Besides "solidarity with Turkey", NATO does not want to be drawn in with Turkey firing at the Russians and the Russians, in their full right launch retaliatory attacks while NATO assets are in the area.

If NATO wanted to do its usual sabre-rattling, it would have already begun shipping in heavy weaponry. instead NATO does exactly the opposite.

Its not the only action of NATO withdrawing its asset's of the area where missiles will fly, the Incirlik AFB suspended its manned flights into Syria as to not get caught in the crossfire with trigger-happy Turks potentially shooting again at the Russians. Germany's Patriot's are still  in Turkey but they are still shipped back to Germany. Im not sure if its true but my friend of mine currently deployed in Iraq with the Dutch F-16's says there where talks of the possibility of emergency evacuations of the Incirlik AFB in Turkey of Personell when it would come to an exchange of hostility'. as Dutch F-16's would be among aircraft send as escorts of C-17's and C-130's flying away with "anybody not needed to maintain the security of the Airbase". as he implied: "any threats to aircraft, including "allies getting trigger happy in the heat of the moment".

and next to this there are dozens of more indications NATO really does not want any part in Turkey's screwup. and like i said, NATO really believes in the Possibility of Erdogan doing something stupid again to provoke the Russians.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:41 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:Russia continues its war on Jihadist oil. Interestingly enough, even a Western tabloid is calling it ISIS convoy headed to Turkey. VKS still hitting oil stations filled to the brim with HE grain.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346230/ISIS-oil-convoy-obliterated-Russian-air-strike-Syria-days-Putin-said-Turkey-buying-Islamists.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
    https://twitter.com/zvezdanews/status/672810473683820544

Here is a list of what the VKS managed to destroy this week alone:
    185 command centres
    109 weapon/explosives warehouses
    23 training centres
    232 fortified positions
    887 groups of militants
    12 oil refineries

This last item should be clarified for the trolls. Those are Daesh improvised refineries and not genuine cracking facilities which are
    operated by actual oil companies. As someone stated above Russia is hitting lots of HE grain repositories.

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:51 pm

Sailor on Tsezar Kunikov poses with his MANPADS-possible 9K38 Igla-on its passage though strait:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 CVZXyc3WoAAK98L

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 CVZXydAW4AE4NmT

Comments on this post are:

"Unbelievable! Very dangerous...they are giving Turkey an Excuse to ban them from the Straights!"

"If this is real, it's another RUS endangerment of TUR and its sovereignty."

"Quite the image of provocation."

Source: https://twitter.com/YorukIsik/status/672821724816285701

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:01 am

Militarov wrote:Sailor on Tsezar Kunikov poses with his MANPADS-possible 9K38 Igla-on its passage though strait:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 CVZXyc3WoAAK98L

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 CVZXydAW4AE4NmT

Comments on this post are:

"Unbelievable! Very dangerous...they are giving Turkey an Excuse to ban them from the Straights!"

"If this is real, it's another RUS endangerment of TUR and its sovereignty."

"Quite the image of provocation."

Source: https://twitter.com/YorukIsik/status/672821724816285701

Lol, Provocation?. last time i checked Turkey shot "without provocation" an SU-24 out of the air resulting in the brutal death of an Russian pilot. So yes, that MANPAD is warranted in my opinion. but also, show me the whole boat in an high-res pic with the guy in it. i got a few doubts its even an real picture. i looked it up, this ship has fixed SAM launchers so why walk around with an MANPAD?.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:03 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 CVZ5gEXVEAECXax

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 CVZ5hICUkAAeKQ9

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 21 CVZ5d13U8AANkA2

Few moar shots.

What i dont get is what is all this fuss about. Fully armed cruisers are passing though Bosf. most likely will all men "at stations" and they are making huge campagin spreading photo of a guy standing on deck with Igla O.o? I dont get the logic...

Source: https://twitter.com/emredagdeviiren/status/672858864992264192
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:34 am

Freaking photoshop. The lighting is all wrong and the "Russian sailor" looks like some ISIS black widow.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:12 am

kvs wrote:Freaking photoshop.  The lighting is all wrong and the "Russian sailor" looks like some ISIS black widow.

I think you might be right....I'm no expert though, it just doesn't look right

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:48 am