Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Aristide
chinggis
Azi
topor
ZoA
dino00
flamming_python
Firebird
Arrow
Regular
lulldapull
Austin
medo
VARGR198
lycantrop
GarryB
Cyberspec
GunshipDemocracy
Vann7
par far
kvs
Odin of Ossetia
KiloGolf
onwiththewar
Big_Gazza
AbdulhamidtheSecond
Skandalwitwe
KomissarBojanchev
Dima
Fred333
Givi
0nillie0
ultimatewarrior
Project Canada
Admin
Godric
mnztr
BKP
franco
auslander
Walther von Oldenburg
Hannibal Barca
SeigSoloyvov
miketheterrible
crod
ATLASCUB
Airman
Kimppis
calm
George1
Isos
PapaDragon
nomadski
d_taddei2
TheArmenian
JohninMK
yavar
starman
eehnie
63 posters

Syrian War: News #17

lycantrop

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 27 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

Post  lycantrop Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:01 am

sadly there are reports of casualties, 12 martyred, mostly Iranians.
    i dont know why there were no countermeasures (sinking the sub would be justified) or maybe there will be soon a kind of?
    if this attack will pass without consequences it will be a sign of weakness and a motivation for US/France/Israelis continuing to do so
    they attacked the Homs airbase because planes from this airbase provided CAS in ongoing DeZ offensive

Last edited by lycantrop on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:02 am

Austin wrote:Why did Israel attack Homs air base ? What is the reason

rather obvious - to help their terrorist buddies.

Because right when these attacks were happening, terrorists were attacking T4 and apparently T2 as well.

There are conflicting reports.  SAA are saying they hit all 8 cruise missiles with Buk and Pantsirs from base.  Some others without sources are claiming 3 missiles were hit and rest hit the base killing 6 soldiers.  I believe maybe 1 or 2 may have hit at best.  Don't know till full info comes out.

Now we wait for tomorrow after US and France bang their dicks on the desk at the UN demanding justice against Assad for the chemical attack, that no one has any proof on.  Because, who the fuck needs evidence, right?

lycantrop wrote:sadly there are reports of casualties, 12 martyred, mostly Iranians.
    i dont know why there were no countermeasures (sinking the sub would be justified) or maybe there will be soon a kind of?
    if this attack will pass without consequences it will be a sign of weakness and not the last attack from an sub i think...
    they attacked the Homs airbase because planes from this airbase provided CAS in ongoing DeZ offensive

Now it is up to Syria to sink it. Or Iran. But dunno how that would play out.

Yeah, it creates a situation that is rather bad that may get Israel to keep attacking however they wish. And then may eventually force Syria to react. Since Russia wasn't targeted, cant really say they have much right to retaliate. Its a rather grey area this whole thing.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 am

No comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8pxl0vryM4&feature=youtu.be
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:31 am

lycantrop wrote:I urge everyone to watch this very very interesting video, why the west is trying hard to liberate its assets in east Ghouta
    That video gave me shivers, so much "inside informations"!  (eliminating of 200 US speacial forces!, catching 200 british military advisors...)
    Im 100% convinced the shopping mall inferno in Russia with over 60 dead was revenge done by CIA/Mossad..

https://vimeo.com/263728681

People think that this shadow war is not happening because the regimes waging it never say anything.   They will never
    say anything since it washes their hands of links to terrorists.   Do people really expect the US and UK to admit they have assets
    coordinating terrorist groups in Syria?   This would undermine their central propaganda narrative.

If Russia or Syria paraded any such deniable POWs, then NATO would accuse it of faking.   And the average NATO sheep would
    not be able to tell the difference.    The truth cannot be presented in sound bite form.   Every claim requires PhD like research
    to dissect.   None of the sheeple even have the mental capacity or skills for this.   That is why propaganda works.

As to details of what happened, that remains in the shadows too.   If NATO fake stream media can bleat about 200 Russians
    killed in some battle near the Euphrates, I can say the same about their losses in East Ghouta.   But I am using Chinese evaluations
    since they are as good as any other.  

But the notion of "only a few" special operatives involved or that "only a few" would be killed or captured is Hollywood BS.
    In the first case, they would be ineffective and in the second case they would need God like skills to extricate themselves
    from any situation.   In some cases they would suffer heavy losses regardless of their training.  

The unhinged hysterics coming out of London over the last several weeks indicates that something did happen which triggered
    them.   Maybe it is a new ploy to pave the way for the jihadi chemical weapons false flags, but maybe it is an attempt to gain
    asymmetric revenge for the loss of their plausibly deniable military assets in Syria.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:40 am

How the conflict in Syria is more insane that i tough..

It happens that Syria Army found in Ghoutta liberated zones..
    European machines to manufacture chemical weapons.... but also
    large arsenals of British and German Chemical weapons storage..

So the government of US ,UK ,France ,Germany.. and with Turkey and Israel complicity..
    on this attacks with chemical weapons on Syria.. Shocked

So this is why they are all united in condemning Russia for this or that.. no matter
    how ridiculous the claim.. Because Russia have strong Evidence of NATO major powers
    and Israel ,directly responsible for all this chemical attacks but also those nations ,politically
    backing the white helmets and backing the terrorist  that have been shelling Damascus for years..
    including the Russian Embassy..

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2018/04/08/proof-intel-drop-trump-bolton-behind-syria-chemical-attacks-confirmed/

Veterans today ,is not always 100% truthfull.. they have their own agenda supported CLinton.. but when it comes
    to Syria ,they have been Pro Assad.. and many of their reports were true..

British chemicals... in Syria..
    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 27 ScreenHunter-572-1

chemical artillery shell.. but could not be Syria.
    https://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Chemical-artillery-shell-crop.jpg

aside of reports of Russia capturing British and American special forces week ago and the capture
    of the leader terrorist in charge of the Chemical stockpiles..

So this is really serious..US,UK,France but also Germany... with Israel and Turkey complicity promoting
    all this accussations against Syria by the white helmets. and the liberation of Ghouta Duma ,should reveal
    more scandalous reports of NATO major collusion with terrorism. This is not just words.. but Physical evidence
    they can't deny exist...and also British Special forces and Americans arrested in Ghoutta fighting in the side
    of the terrorist.

But I am using Chinese evaluations since they are as good as any other.

Not really comparable.. western media is for public opinion.. the chinese media in question..
    is Military magazine.. aimed at Chinese army.. So they have nothing to gain ,for making up this things
    for the reading of military officers and soldiers of chinese army.  Many things happens behind the cameras
    that are never reported... for example .. you saw how Russia media and Government never reported they lost some Russian private military contractors.. against US coalitions bombings.. and only they were forced to admit they lost
    a few citizens "not connected" to Russian army..  then the same happen the other way.. Many things are hidden for public...in Russian media and government for reasons of diplomacy and interest. and or for not provoking panic
    in population..  But a military magazine of Chinese army ,will be the most ideal place to get hidden facts.. because
    Russia share many things with Chiness but also Iranians..military that not always have to be reported. for public.

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:05 am; edited 3 times in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:45 am

"The unhinged hysterics coming out of London over the last several weeks indicates that something did happen which triggered
    them. Maybe it is a new ploy to pave the way for the jihadi chemical weapons false flags, but maybe it is an attempt to gain
    asymmetric revenge for the loss of their plausibly deniable military assets in Syria."

Most plausible explanation for Skripal yet, and probably the closest to the truth. Brit assets are cooling their heels in Syria under Russian guard along with sufficient evidence of their actions to warrant a serious problem for the toothless cat sitting on their island.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:27 am

auslander wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote: You're really citing the weight of international law as it pertains to this conflict. Lol.

There is no "emotional outburst". I just disagree with the decisions taken, and the consequences are clear. If you agree with them, understand them or support them.. that's up to you and your logic/rationale.

Trying to establish pecking order after allowing everyone to take a bite will be much more difficult - not to mention prone to invite all sort of challenges to authority.

Strategic mistake from the very beginning - simple as that.

Volunteers are needed in Novorossiya and various support contractors working for RAF in Syria are also looking for some good hands. Care to put your actions where your mouth is?

If you have nothing constructive to opine, better not to respond at all.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:14 am

What I opined was constructive. If you don't agree with how VVP et al are handling the ongoing crisis of the past 6 years, then go and do something. Get citizenship and run for president of Russia or wherever you live. If you can't, then one does what one is capable of doing to assist 'our' side of this mess. To simply sit and say the same basic mime day after day does nothing but perhaps make you feel better. I offered you two options to start with. Let me know if you want more.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:13 am

auslander wrote:What I opined was constructive. If you don't agree with how VVP et al are handling the ongoing crisis of the past 6 years, then go and do something. Get citizenship and run for president of Russia or wherever you live. If you can't, then one does what one is capable of doing to assist 'our' side of this mess. To simply sit and say the same basic mime day after day does nothing but perhaps make you feel better. I offered you two options to start with. Let me know if you want more.

Lol what?

I don't need to do any of that rubbish to express my opinion on the subject and criticize whatever I feel is poor policy or incorrect decisions - about geopolitics or any topic for that matter. And I certainly won't put my skin in the game under leadership that's questionable... if I were/wanted to be a dumb ideological drone I would have joined the U.S army a long time ago to serve the American oligarchs. At least it's the "winning" team.

Take yourself your own advice, send us a pic to confirm you're on the front lines for the purity test - either Syria or the Donbass contact line is fine. That will at least let us know you feel better about yourself. Or you can be honest to yourself, realize you got upset at my comments/line of thought, and in the dumb ramblings inside your head decided write a passive-aggressive ad-hominem cause you got bothered.

Grow up.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 am

Russian MoD said it was israel. They probably attacked Iranian base inside the Syrian base.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:29 am

Isos wrote:Russian MoD said it was israel. They probably attacked Iranian base inside the Syrian base.

Which is another dandy. You get in bed with the Iranians and Hezbollah to save Syria, yet allow the Israeli's  (who are a big reason why the Syrian civil war exists - and thus indirectly a reason why Russian blood has been spilled in Syria) to bomb those very same allies.

Instead of well, telling the Jews to take a hike since Iranian ties are much more important, short-term, and as well as long term. But this is a carryover from late Brezhnev and part of the strategy of trying to accomodate everyone's interest in an effort to see the conflict reach a positive end...without burning bridges. Can't have it all....there is reality and there are dreams.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 am

ATLASCUB wrote:
    Isos wrote:Russian MoD said it was israel. They probably attacked Iranian base inside the Syrian base.

Which is another dandy. You get in bed with the Iranians and Hezbollah to save Syria, yet allow the Israeli's  (who are a big reason why the Syrian civil war exists - and thus indirectly a reason why Russian blood has been spilled in Syria) to bomb those very same allies.

Iranian have personal reason to be in Syria. It's their problem if they get bomb because they act on their own. Not russia's. Russia have never supported Iran in anything. They sometime sell them weapons but that's all. There no alliance between them.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:39 am

Isos wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:

Iranian have personal reason to be in Syria. It's their problem if they get bomb because they act on their own. Not russia's. Russia have never supported Iran in anything. They sometime sell them weapons but that's all. There no alliance between them.

Pretty sure they act in coordination with Russia on almost all topics regarding Syria. The second bold/rest is a fat wrong. I mean if you look at the Syrian civil war alone you'll see that it's not true. And if you want to look at economic ties, just do a google search. Billions invested...with more planned.

There is an alliance between them as far as Syria is concerned as well.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:44 am

ATLASCUB wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:

Pretty sure they act in coordination with Russia on almost all topics regarding Syria. The second bold/rest is a fat wrong. I mean if you look at the Syrian civil war alone you'll see that it's not true. And if you want to look at economic ties, just do a google search.

There is an alliance between then as far as Syria is concerned.

Yes about Syria and just when it comes to fight terrorists not when it comes to attack US fighters. But not in general and not against Israel. Not long ago Soviet fighters used to destroy iranian helicopters at the border.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 am

Russia defense minister says..
    2 Israeli F-15 planes target the Syrian military base...
    and fired 8 missiles.. and 5 were intercepted..
    and the 3 missiles managed to enter the base..

https://sputniknews.com/world/201804091063353921-russia-israel-syria-airbase-attack/

Its looks like Russia did failed to provide proper air defenses to Syria.. because 3 missiles that enters..
    is still bad. even though most were intercepted is not good enough.. specially when Russia knew NATO was preparing for a new attack.. and they had plenty  of time ,couple of months to upgrade Syrian defenses.. after Israeli plane was shotdown..and up to 1 year after trump previous cruise missile attack..

If the missiles were armed with a small Nuclear warhead ,it will have destroyed completely
    the base and all its planes.. not good performance.. but really sad.. No

Whats so hard for Russia ,to deploy a warship at lebanon coast to spot Israeli planes flights when moving
    in the direction of Syria.. Russia should have no problems in detecting israeli planes when they take off
    from their military base... and fly towards Syria direction.

So it means Israel did not care about the security of Russian army.. when did the attack.. And that Russian
    generals who can't lock Syrian airspace from just 8 missiles fired.. fired...from their jobs.. If the attack was
    200 cruise missiles as the Vimeo video claimed ,it will have been a massacred of Russian soldiers..if the
    attack was done in Damascus No

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 am; edited 3 times in total
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:30 am

Isos wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:

Pretty sure they act in coordination with Russia on almost all topics regarding Syria. The second bold/rest is a fat wrong. I mean if you look at the Syrian civil war alone you'll see that it's not true. And if you want to look at economic ties, just do a google search.

There is an alliance between then as far as Syria is concerned.

Yes about Syria and just when it comes to fight terrorists not when it comes to attack US fighters. But not in general and not against Israel. Not long ago Soviet fighters used to destroy iranian helicopters at the border.

Don't look at what Iran does or doesn't do to the Americans or Israeli's. For that matter Iran hasn't killed American troops in Syria in a concerted effort (if they wanted they have their ways - not just in Syria and you'll get to know about it). Not to mention that a lot of what Iran has done in the region has benefited Russia greatly. Iraq being an example, Syria being another etc... Iran being the bulwark against American expansion in the region has allowed Russia to fill voids the Iranians can't. Elemental stuff.

If you really want to sort of understand moreso why Russia is lax on Israel, look no further than the gas fields off-shore in Israel - there you'll probably find the answer. Other considerations are minor.
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:40 pm

so allegedly there are also Spetznas units located in this airbase
    Russia gave them warning in advance
    Luckly no russian casualties
    But very interesting Israel still doing this shit, knowing, last time they have lost an F-15+F-16 by threatening russian personal, but this time russia did nothing.
    Maybe they will get an asymetric response?
    Very strange, as russia mentioned several times -> "Threatening russian personal is not acceptable"
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Isos wrote:Iranian have personal reason to be in Syria. It's their problem if they get bomb because they act on their own. Not russia's. Russia have never supported Iran in anything. They sometime sell them weapons but that's all. There no alliance between them.

You must be joking.... Iran is the most important ME nation, and a vital chess piece (Queen) in the regional geopolitical struggle. Both Russia and China are grooming Iran to be an integral component of the Eurasian integration project that has the Yankistani cunts so worked up.

Russia isn't obvious about it, and they keep their activities very low key and below the radar wherever possible. No sense alerting the seppos.

Those who refuse to believe this are akin to the neocon losers who still opine that Russia and China can never be true allies as they have too many issues seperating them, and that Russia will face an invasion from a China wanting lebensraum and satisfaction of border issues from the 1800s.....
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Isos wrote:Iranian have personal reason to be in Syria. It's their problem if they get bomb because they act on their own. Not russia's. Russia have never supported Iran in anything. They sometime sell them weapons but that's all. There no alliance between them.

You must be joking....  Iran is the most important ME nation, and a vital chess piece (Queen) in the regional geopolitical struggle.  Both Russia and China are grooming Iran to be an integral component of the Eurasian integration project that has the Yankistani cunts so worked up.

Russia isn't obvious about it, and they keep their activities very low key and below the radar wherever possible.  No sense alerting the seppos.

Those who refuse to believe this are akin to the neocon losers who still opine that Russia and China can never be true allies as they have too many issues seperating them, and that Russia will face an invasion from a China wanting lebensraum and satisfaction of border issues from the 1800s.....

Then why don't they arm Iran against a potential Israeli attack ? Russia didn't even gave a single s-300 which is a defensive weapon for years. The few they gave won't protect all the Iranian facilities against israeli missiiles. Also Why didn't Iran allowed russian planes on their airfields ?

Saying Iran and russia are allies is just as dumb as saying China will invade Russia. They work togather on Syria and some other question but they are not like UK and USA.

They can be eco partener as much as you want that doesn't mean they are military allies.
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 pm

If Assad does not respond to this blatant aggression it will be construed as a surrender. Hopefully Iran will respond to this in some way.

This entire Skripal affair, the false flag gas attack in Douma and now this IDF sneek attack on Homs base could be a prelude to something much more serious. I bet Russia/ Iran/ Syria must be planning a major offensive in Idlib soon to finally break the back of this terrorist insurgency.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:34 pm

This is result of Iran's usual "skating uphill" approach

They keep sticking with their delusional regional grand schemes that have no basis in reality and creating problems for Russia

And as a result they get left out of diplomatic and Intel sharing part that would keep them from getting slapped around

Israel cleared it up with Russia first and they relocated their troops while Iranians were left holding the bags yet again
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Even then, Israel is helping the terrorists in Syria. Honestly, fuck Israel and their sub should be sunk for helping AQ/ISIS.

Russia should show more testicles. But whatever. It may very well bite them in the ass later on.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:22 pm

https://sputniknews.com/amp/world/201804091063353921-russia-israel-syria-airbase-attack/?__twitter_impression=true

According to mod, it was two F-15s that launched the missiles, from Lebanese airspace. 5 of the 8 missiles we're intercepted by Syrian AD.

But Israel did not inform Russia of the attack. Hmm, guess Russia has to respond then.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:27 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Even then, Israel is helping the terrorists in Syria. Honestly, fuck Israel and their sub should be sunk for helping AQ/ISIS.

Russia should show more testicles. But whatever. It may very well bite them in the ass later on.

Iranians were hit = Iranians should be sinking subs
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:52 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

This is result of Iran's usual "skating uphill" approach

They keep sticking with their delusional regional grand schemes that have no basis in reality and creating problems for Russia

And as a result they get left out of diplomatic and Intel sharing part that would keep them from getting slapped around

Israel cleared it up with Russia first and they relocated their troops while Iranians were left holding the bags yet again

Please stop repeating this nonsene again and again!

Iran and Russia are, under International law,  the only legitimate countrys, who are invited by the syrian goverment.
    All other players (Israel, USA, France....) are, under international law, technically INVADERS, and syria has every right to blow the s.. out of them
    12 Iranians martyred and I expect sooner or later an asymetric response from Iran (Hezbollah..), Iranians dont forget!
    History teach us, that the only language the Zionist bastards understand is PURE BRUTAL FORCE!
    I still dont understand why russians dont acted against the Israeli Jets firing from Lebanon, the Airbase in Homs also has Spetznas units there
    Im really shocked as russia repeated several times "Every danger to our soldiers is unacceptable"

AND HERE YOU GO, AS I PREDICTED!

-> Russia not acting against Israeli raid motivated USA to act

https://www.rt.com/usa/423592-military-action-syria-mattis/

US not ruling out military action against Syria after reports of chemical weapons use

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:57 pm