Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Regular
Isos
Godric
Odin of Ossetia
The Ottoman
Arctic_Fox
Azi
0nillie0
auslander
Vann7
Kimppis
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Karl Haushofer
archangelski
AlfaT8
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
Tingsay
crod
ATLASCUB
nomadski
starman
kvs
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
GarryB
yavar
lycantrop
BKP
eehnie
George1
franco
miketheterrible
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
calm
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
medo
Visc
OminousSpudd
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
par far
Airman
Walther von Oldenburg
ultimatewarrior
53 posters

Syrian War: News #16

Isos
    Isos

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 39 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

Post  Isos Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:18 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:"Russian pilots, we are told, are begging to burn Israel. Russian planes in the sector outperform the F15 and F16 by some margin and hatred for Israel runs high in Russia’s military after years of seeing Israel work closely with ISIS."

WAT!?!?!?

(Atleast that part has to be fake news. Ridiculous.)

Correct, this is fantasy

I don't think VKS even notices IAF all that much, they avoid Russians like kryptonite

Military speaking Russian in Syria have 0 chance against Israel. They are totaly outnumbered.

But they know well that if they touch some russians, Iran could get some badass gift from Russia like Sukhois or some Kh-55 and they could accidently give one armed with nuks.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:36 am

Isos wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:"Russian pilots, we are told, are begging to burn Israel. Russian planes in the sector outperform the F15 and F16 by some margin and hatred for Israel runs high in Russia’s military after years of seeing Israel work closely with ISIS."

WAT!?!?!?

(Atleast that part has to be fake news. Ridiculous.)

Correct, this is fantasy

I don't think VKS even notices IAF all that much, they avoid Russians like kryptonite

Military speaking Russian in Syria have 0 chance against Israel. They are totaly outnumbered.

But they know well that if they touch some russians, Iran could get some badass gift from Russia like Sukhois or some Kh-55 and they could accidently give one armed with nuks.

Outnumbered maybe but ultimately it will not matter once heavy stuff starts landing on Israel from mainland

They all know it, Iran would not even factor in this
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:46 am

Outnumbered maybe but ultimately it will not matter once heavy stuff starts landing on Israel from mainland

Well, I don't think they would. More probably the Iskander luncher in Syria is maybe equiped with nuclear missiles but ICBM... I have a doubt.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:49 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Israelis never even try to shoot to Russians , they will be pushing their Vth column and on govt level though I am sure about it.

BTW If Russians would stop selling AAD missiles to Buks, S-200 or so can Iran partially offset this loss?
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:56 am

Isos wrote:

Well, I don't think they would. More probably the Iskander luncher in Syria is maybe equiped with nuclear missiles but ICBM... I have a doubt.

I think he's mostly talking about conventional cruise missiles, which certainly work as a deterrent against Israel (or anyone else in the region for that matter), even without nukes. Of course Russia would not take Israel lighty either, but the VT's "scenario" is 100% BS on so many levels...

Post  Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:56 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Israelis never even try to shoot to Russians , they will be pushing their Vth column and on govt level though I am sure about it.

BTW If Russians would stop selling AAD missiles to Buks, S-200 or so can Iran partially offset this  loss?

If they give their S-200 launchers to Syria maybe, missiles are not produced anymore to my knowledge outside North Korea.

Buks... well China, Belarus and Ukraine.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 am

If they give their S-200 launchers to Syria maybe, missiles are not produced anymore to my knowledge outside North Korea.

Iran has domestic Buk and S-200 if I'm not wrong. Missiles are already copied for those sytems so they could use them.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:06 am

medo wrote:What is more interesting is the fact, that it was F-16I Sufa, which was shot down. It is the most advanced abd the newest F-16 plane with the most sofisticated israeli electronics. Israeli propaganda claimed, that its ECM capabilities enable it to easily make strikes ai areas protected by S-300 or S-400, but now it is shot down by the old first generation S-125 (SAM-3) modified to Pechora-2M. And considering, that SAA also hit and damage F-15, most probably F-15I Raam, than this bring a good question of israeli ECM capabilities against modern air defense complexes.

Thats great news.. Very Happy

This new event , was a major awakening for the Israelis arrogance and belief in invulnerability of their
    Airforce. No longer Israelis/zionist in military discussions will claim ,Israeli airforce can defeat S-300s and S-400.
    Because in Syria no plane shot down.. They obviously don't understand Russia rules of engagement.
    that their air defenses are only for exclusive protection of Russia military base and any region in Syria that
    Russia army operates. From now one , Israel will be more careful in their attacks on Syria..even if using standoff weapons ,because Syria have long range defenses that can hit parts and the fear
    will be present all the time.. Losing another combat plane of their best ones in their inventory ,will truly
    be too embarrassing for Israel to take.. Israel have been training Syria,IRAN,hezbolah for years ,in how to fight
    their own Israeli airforce. with their predictable weekly attacks on Syria. and it was a matter of time , Syria and IRAN will learn how to do it.. for nothing it was said ,practice makes perfection..

Post  Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:14 am

Isos wrote:

Iran has domestic Buk and S-200 if I'm not wrong. Missiles are already copied for those sytems so they could use them.

Raad yes. However its unknown how far Iran actually went with it. Its been dragging for years.

When its about S-200 Iran is only doing modernisation and maintenance. They are not making launchers or missiles.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:22 am

Militarov wrote:
    Isos wrote:

Raad yes. However its unknown how far Iran actually went with it. Its been dragging for years.

When its about S-200 Iran is only doing modernisation and maintenance. They are not making launchers or missiles.

If Israel attack alone they will have 1 chance so Iran will be ready no need to think about reloads of missiles. If it is USA with "allies" they won't have a chance. They should invest in that case in guerilla weapons.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:14 am

More than one plane was shot down today about all I can say on the subject.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:51 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:More than one plane was shot down today about all I can say on the subject.

Interesting

My money is on F-16's wingman crash landing somewhere in Israel

Doubt they dropped into Syria otherwise it would be all over internet
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:03 am

Anyone care to explain what in the seven hells happened here?

Reddit says overheating but how do you overheat something to get this result?

And what's that "nylon" sticking out?

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 39 DVq_0fiW0AAbu-N?format=jpg&name=small

Post  Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:06 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Its fiberglass thermal sleeve, tho i never saw it being turned into "flower" like that lol Very Happy

Well that bore probably fired thousand rounds and just snapped at some point due to structural changes. Its doubtful its "overheating" as itself.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:09 am

PapaDragon wrote:

http://www.google.com/patents/WO2014087401A1?cl=en detailed description
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:06 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:More than one plane was shot down today about all I can say on the subject.

True.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:09 am

Militarov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

http://www.google.com/patents/WO2014087401A1?cl=en detailed description

Well that was.... thorough... Smile
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:42 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Our tanks are using too much APFSDS ammunition. That type of ammunition is reduce the lifetime of the gun.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:51 am

Airman wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Our tanks are using too much APFSDS ammunition. That type of ammunition is reduce the lifetime of the gun.

Interesting, but it would be interesting to know why. For practice tanks usualy use HEAT rounds. For operations against Kurds using APFSDS have no sense as Kurds don't have tanks. HEAT and HE-FRAG rounds should be used.
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 am

medo wrote:
    Airman wrote:

Interesting, but it would be interesting to know why. For practice tanks usualy use HEAT rounds. For operations against Kurds using APFSDS have no sense as Kurds don't have tanks. HEAT and HE-FRAG rounds should be used.

In Turkey, we can produce 105 mm HE and APFSDS ammunition for Leopard 1, M48 and M60. However we can't produce 120 mm HE or HEAT ammunition for our Leopard 2A4's. We are buying that type of ammunitions from South Korea.

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 39 DUPLcmuW4AAz0eR
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:43 am

auslander wrote:

True.
    All I have read is the F-16 admitted, plus rumours of another possible F-16 into the Med and a F-15 landed damaged near Nazareth. Along with Syrian SAMs all over the place.

You have to wonder what the discussion was in CENTCOM as they watched this unfold in realtime on their screens, grade 1 IAF versus grade 2 Russian air defences.
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:48 am

Not sure how true but the Irish Times is running with an article re retaliation, it sounds like they have hit some big targets and taken out SAM sites too.
    Again, no idea how accurate etc.
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Thats great news.. Very Happy

It's encouraging but we shouldn't overstate it.

Israel have been training Syria,IRAN,hezbolah for years ,in how to fight
    their own Israeli airforce. with their predictable weekly attacks on Syria. and it was  a matter of time , Syria and IRAN will learn how to do it.. for nothing it was said ,practice makes perfection..

Basically Israel retains a big edge and inflicts far more damage than it suffers. The main value is not the results to date, which really aren't very good but the experience gained in learning Israeli capabilities and tactics. Just like Egypt during the war of attrition, while its losses were high the experience it gained paid off later, in 1973.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:16 pm

crod wrote:Not sure how true but the Irish Times is running with an article re retaliation, it sounds like they have hit some big targets and taken out SAM sites too.
    Again, no idea how accurate etc.

Not sure when this happened. There were also claims by some of more raids last night but nothing solid also counter reports that it sounded like artillery not bombs.

Guy Plopsky
    ‏ @GuyPlopsky
    17h17 hours ago

Update on Syrian air defenses struck by IAF:
    2x SA-5 batteries (not specified which components were struck).
    1x SA-17 battery (not specified which components were struck).
    1x SA-2's fire control cabin.

https://news.walla.co.il/item/3134131

Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    15h15 hours ago

#Pt. At least 4 blasts rocked #Khalkhalah Airbase & surroundings. Other military targets in #Damascus province also reportedly hit by #Israel|i airstrikes.

John Arterbury
    ‏Verified account @JohnArterbury
    15h15 hours ago

John Arterbury Retweeted

Fresh Israeli airstrikes reported in Sweida and Damascus countryside https://twitter.com/hadialabdallah/status/962417782854955013 …

Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    15h15 hours ago

#Pt. At least 4 blasts rocked #Khalkhalah Airbase & surroundings. Other military targets in #Damascus province also reportedly hit by #Israel|i airstrikes.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Abu Gif al Andalusi
    ‏ @leebanzibu
    1h1 hour ago

The Israeli Army presents the map of the attack against the air defenses of the Syrian Army, which was targeted..

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 39 DVvy_7DXUAAuIk5

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 pm