Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian War: News #14

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10782
    Points : 10856
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:22 am

    medo wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:BTW Baghdadi is dead, confirmed killed by Russian Airforce.

    so party everyone~ that's one piece of dirt I am sure we all can agree deserved his fate.

    Will US pay the ransom for remains of Al Baghdadi's head to the russian crew? With that money Hmeimim base could party quite a long time.

    If assassination of Zahran Aloush is anything to go by I don't think there will be a head or anything else left of dear old caliph.  Twisted Evil

    Besides, while Hmeimim is not a small palce I don't think that particular amount of personnel would be able to survive a party that costs 25 million bucks.

    I mean how much Columbian cocaine and hookers can a man survive simultaneously? lol1 russia
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 2510
    Points : 2510
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  Big_Gazza Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:32 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    I mean how much Columbian cocaine and hookers can a man survive simultaneously? lol1 russia

    Don't know, but I'm prepared to conduct exhaustive field investigations and attempt to evaluate the upper tolerance limit... Laughing cheers russia
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8886
    Points : 8985
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  JohninMK Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:46 pm

    UR-77 spotted again

    https://twitter.com/MathieuMorant/status/885088296912773120
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10782
    Points : 10856
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:58 pm

    JohninMK wrote:UR-77 spotted again

    https://twitter.com/MathieuMorant/status/885088296912773120

    Somebody is about to attend Hannah​ Baker's 18th birthday party... lol1 Twisted Evil


    ALSO:

    Government forces are attacking Abu Khashbah and trying to create a rebel pocket

    https://mobile.twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/885072008458981378
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 DEhoTLHXsAE3b-P
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  calm Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:26 pm

    WAR IS HELL

    Jobar front
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8886
    Points : 8985
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  JohninMK Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:08 pm



    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 DEi9-5IWAAI4pm6
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10782
    Points : 10856
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:21 pm


    Eastern Syria, Palmyra-DeirEzzor-Raqqa. SAA secured Al Hail gas field ~19.6km from Sukhnah, SDF advances in Raqqa

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 ZzNgmVk
    avatar
    lycantrop

    Posts : 115
    Points : 115
    Join date : 2017-05-21

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  lycantrop Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:30 pm

    calm wrote:WAR IS HELL

    Jobar front

    Not a single helmet, not a single body armour.
    Bullets flying around and they stay around like "not a single f..k given"
    Zero tactic, meatgrinder style,...Jesus Christ...such a waste of life.
    A deep reform of the SAA is needed after war..
    Imagine if they had to fight against highly professional units of Israel/Usa, not a single f....ing chance.
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2491
    Points : 2720
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  par far Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:40 pm

    lycantrop wrote:
    calm wrote:WAR IS HELL

    Jobar front

    Not a single helmet, not a single body armour.
    Bullets flying around and they stay around like "not a single f..k given"
    Zero tactic, meatgrinder style,...Jesus Christ...such a waste of life.
    A deep reform of the SAA is needed after war..
    Imagine if they had to fight against highly professional units of Israel/Usa, not a single f....ing chance.


    When I first saw that video, I thought, why are they just standing around all huddled up. The majority of the SAA is very poorly trained, if you see how the SAA and Hezbollah fight, it is like night and day(Hezbollah is very well trained and well equipped, they are a smaller army but still.)
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9879
    Points : 10022
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  kvs Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:49 am

    par far wrote:
    lycantrop wrote:
    calm wrote:WAR IS HELL

    Jobar front

    Not a single helmet, not a single body armour.
    Bullets flying around and they stay around like "not a single f..k given"
    Zero tactic, meatgrinder style,...Jesus Christ...such a waste of life.
    A deep reform of the SAA is needed after war..
    Imagine if they had to fight against highly professional units of Israel/Usa, not a single f....ing chance.


    When I first saw that video, I thought, why are they just standing around all huddled up. The majority of the SAA is very poorly trained, if you see how the SAA and Hezbollah fight, it is like night and day(Hezbollah is very well trained and well equipped, they are a smaller army but still.)

    People seem to forget that probably most of the original SAA soldiers from 2011 are now dead. In a desperate war of survival there is not
    much time for troop training. It helps that the jihadis are not much better than raw SAA recruits.
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

    Posts : 142
    Points : 144
    Join date : 2015-08-09

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  VARGR198 Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 am

    kvs wrote:
    par far wrote:
    lycantrop wrote:
    calm wrote:WAR IS HELL

    Jobar front

    Not a single helmet, not a single body armour.
    Bullets flying around and they stay around like "not a single f..k given"
    Zero tactic, meatgrinder style,...Jesus Christ...such a waste of life.
    A deep reform of the SAA is needed after war..
    Imagine if they had to fight against highly professional units of Israel/Usa, not a single f....ing chance.


    When I first saw that video, I thought, why are they just standing around all huddled up. The majority of the SAA is very poorly trained, if you see how the SAA and Hezbollah fight, it is like night and day(Hezbollah is very well trained and well equipped, they are a smaller army but still.)

    People seem to forget that probably most of the original SAA soldiers from 2011 are now dead.   In a desperate war of survival there is not
    much time for troop training.   It helps that the jihadis are not much better than raw SAA recruits.

    These troops are likely not regulars as you say, but conscripts and militias. There are now regulars who are better trained such as the 6th Legion who were volunteers taken out of the lines for six months for retraining by the Russians. Jobar isn't an important enough front to send such troops given Syria's current situation. Look up the "ISIS Hunters" who are a part of the 6th Legion and you'll see they usually are in a standard uniform with helmet and bodyarmor.

    Still in many areas they need to use these lower quality troops to fill the gaps. Only so many regulars after all.
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2427
    Points : 2411
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  Regular Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:31 am

    Terrible to see good guys getting shot. It makes Ukrainian volunteers and separatists look like special forces compared to those poor guys Shocked
    Hope war will be over soon as it's clearly not their nature.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5865
    Points : 5839
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:31 am

    Regular wrote:Terrible to see good guys getting shot. It makes Ukrainian volunteers and separatists look like special forces compared to those poor guys Shocked
    Hope war will be over soon as it's clearly not their nature.

    No. Ukrainian volunteers (the Ukrainian side) end up usually drunk, shooting each other, stealing, robbing, etc.

    But these guys do make NAF look like Spec Ops.

    But, at that said, I don't think I myself would do a whole lot better other than not standing around but trying to get myself into a position where I won't get shot in the open like that. These guys are not trained or barely trained. I know they are "bodies" needed but ultimately it may be good to take a lot of these guys out of the field, get them trained and place trained people there until these guys are trained, and then rinse/repeat. Although, I imagine the SAA are spread out really thin at current moment.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 1812
    Points : 1990
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  d_taddei2 Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:01 am

    You will probably find that these are NDF civvies with AK's but I would still think even a couple of weeks basic training and helmet and body armour discipline to be ingrained into them I knew when I was in you wouldn't dare to forget to wear it the punishment wasn't worth it. And I am sure Russia must have loads of soviet helmets etc laying around. When manpower is scarce you would think that these basics would be paramount
    0nillie0
    0nillie0

    Posts : 163
    Points : 165
    Join date : 2016-05-15
    Age : 34
    Location : Flanders, Belgium

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  0nillie0 Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:35 am

    d_taddei2 wrote:You will probably find that these are NDF civvies with AK's but I would still think even a couple of weeks basic training and helmet and body armour discipline to be ingrained into them I knew when I was in you wouldn't dare to forget to wear it the punishment wasn't worth it. And I am sure Russia must have loads of soviet helmets etc laying around. When manpower is scarce you would think that these basics would be paramount

    If you look at where all the Russian hardware is going nowadays in Syria, its clear to see that this particular front is of little to no interest to Russia. As long as Assad can throw meat into this grinder, the Russians wont care. The SAA needs some experienced and well equipped units to gradually cut off this and eliminate this pocket. Think Aleppo 2016. Things may be looking up for the SAA right now, but how many days of torture can these militia's handle in urban hell before they start the blame game?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8886
    Points : 8985
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  JohninMK Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 pm

    The'Nimr'Tiger@Souria4Syrians 21m21 minutes ago

    Syrian Army igniting the fronts against all terrorist elements in east Syria #Map


    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 DEnfAzOXUAIhYhp

    The'Nimr'Tiger@Souria4Syrians 48m48 minutes ago

    Map released by SAA Quds brigade of the villages/hills they recently liberated in East Hama


    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 DEnZFYHXgAADD5D

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10782
    Points : 10856
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:40 pm


    'Tigers took control of Bir Atao, Bir Alznati and Bir Horan south of Rusafa'

    https://m.facebook.com/syrianarmy.sy/posts/1223644994412165:0



    'Government forces captured Abu Khashbah, al Ghudaht, at Tayyar and Ard Umm ar Rumum'
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 WYaWQ2pi6NIdx69v7gL3cfJEuniFzW0ZI6mKGs8DS80
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8886
    Points : 8985
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  JohninMK Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:24 pm

    BEIRUT, LEBANON (12:55 P.M.) – Within hours of commencing their operation to liberate the ISIS-held town of al-Sukhnah via a southwards drive from Raqqa Governonate, the elite Tiger Forces of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) – supported by other pro-government outfits – have already taken a number of key sights from the terrorist group.

    So far the Tiger Forces, since storming ISIS positions south of Resafa, have managed to capture a number of key oil well areas from the terrorist group along the road to al-Sukhnah, including B’ir Aykawi, B’ir al-Ataw, B’ir al-Znati and B’ir Houran.


    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/update-tiger-forces-liberate-key-sites-isis-within-hours-raqqa-homs-offenisive-start/

    BEIRUT, LEBANON (11:45 A.M.) – Confirmatory reports have come in announcing the start of the week-long awaited operation by the Syrian Arab Army’s (SAA) elite Tiger Forces, alongside other pro-government outfits, to liberate the strategic town of al-Sukhnah from ISIS.

    The offensive began with the Tiger Forces storming ISIS positions south of the town of Resafa in Raqqa Governonate. The elite SAA formation will, with the support of other pro-government groups, drive south via Raqqa Governonate into Homs Governonate and assault the ISIS-held town of Sukhnah from the northern direction.

    ISIS positions around the town of al-Sukhnah are also being threatened from the western direction as pro-government forces, led by the SAA’s 5th Assault Corps, push eastwards along the Homs to Deir Ezzor Highway.

    The town of al-Sukhnah is the Islamic State’s last stronghold in Homs Governonate. It is also the terrorist group’s last line of defense between pro-government forces and the strategic city of Deir Ezzor.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 1812
    Points : 1990
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  d_taddei2 Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:50 pm

    @ 0nillie0 the problem is Assad does have meat throw into the grinder and they certainly don't need new fronts opening up due to ill trained ill equipped troops hence some basic training and helmet and body armour might be the difference between a front collapsing and not.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10782
    Points : 10856
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:17 pm


    Latest rumor, salt as usual required
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 VJSKjX8ZLOT72sZGOrTTtH0IXDqS9XC7W5OTmyk86Yc
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8886
    Points : 8985
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  JohninMK Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:39 pm


    Within Syria‏ @WithinSyriaBlog 2h2 hours ago

    YouTube shut down the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) channel .
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8886
    Points : 8985
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  JohninMK Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 pm

    Balanche‏ @FabriceBalanche 8h8 hours ago

    Maghawir Al Thawra (US backed rebels in al-Tanf) reportedly refuses to be transferred to SDF areas. See http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/experts/view/fabrice-balanche …


    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 DEnZ33rXsAA4UDD
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8886
    Points : 8985
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  JohninMK Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:01 pm

    Could mean nothing

    Wael Al Hussaini‏ @WaelHussaini 1h1 hour ago

    High ranked Russian #VDV officers visited (a) front line in #Syria
    Met with other #SAA and #Iraqi officers there.
    What's next is massive.

    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  calm Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:54 am

    0nillie0 wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:You will probably find that these are NDF civvies with AK's but I would still think even a couple of weeks basic training and helmet and body armour discipline to be ingrained into them I knew when I was in you wouldn't dare to forget to wear it the punishment wasn't worth it. And I am sure Russia must have loads of soviet helmets etc laying around. When manpower is scarce you would think that these basics would be paramount

    If you look at where all the Russian hardware is going nowadays in Syria, its clear to see that this particular front is of little to no interest to Russia. As long as Assad can throw meat into this grinder, the Russians wont care. The SAA needs some experienced and well equipped units to gradually cut off this and eliminate this pocket. Think Aleppo 2016. Things may be looking up for the SAA right now, but how many days of torture can these militia's handle in urban hell before they start the blame game?

    Russian SOF units are there. And people on video are republican Guard.
    There are trying to evacuate the guy who got shot in legs first, while they were trying to cross that street and got under fire and reatreted. They are waithing for tanks to come on in for cover and to help that poor guy, but in reaturn they loose 3 more guys... Those rebels probably sneeked up on them, or find some cracks in cover and open fire from snipers in a meantime.

    This is the fb page of photographer who is following all those battles around Damascus, great reporting.
    https://www.facebook.com/wassimsyrarmy/

    And SAA losee 8 more guys in failed attack today, on same front...


    E. #Damascus: the 2 faces of Ain Terma (#Jobar Battle).
    SAA
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 DEi3zBmXgAAqqY_
    Rebels
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 DEi3yi5XsAAGXAR


    Same front, from rebels side

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8886
    Points : 8985
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  JohninMK Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:15 am

    No mercy then

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 DEpng-jUAAARRdN

    Sponsored content

    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:27 am