Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+9
Bthebrave
milky_candy_sugar
GarryB
IronsightSniper
Austin
solo.13mmfmj
Cléo
soldieroffortune
Admin
13 posters

Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz

Admin
    Admin

Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz - Page 2 Empty Re: Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz

Post  Admin Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:02 pm

IronsightSniper wrote:

That's better than me :O

Thanks for clearing that up too, would you happen to know if that NFP-2009 is somewhere on the internet by the way? Russian manuals are extremely hard to come by, and I'd like to get my hands on a couple.

http://www.mil.ru/files/Osn_polozen_NFP-2009-slid.ppt
    IronsightSniper
    IronsightSniper

Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz - Page 2 Empty Re: Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz

Post  IronsightSniper Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks.

Also:

Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz - Page 2 1291116634601

Is flying an effective tactic?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:48 am

If you "land" on the target with the tip of the knife you deliver an enormous amount of kinetic energy to the target that might even penetrate a knife resistant vest.
    Most bullet proof vests are not knife resistant, though several mms of steel plate will likely stop one you should at least knock the target to the ground.

Of course there is always the attack from afar...

Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz - Page 2 Life_i10
    IronsightSniper
    IronsightSniper

Post  IronsightSniper Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:18 am

Here's the link to the entire "book", from the OP.

milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

Post  milky_candy_sugar Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Very interesting and detailed post, Vlad. Spetsnaz are one of the best special forces in the world. Their training : pretty much "eat shit or die" Very Happy What's the percentage of drop-off during selection/training?
    Bthebrave
    Bthebrave

Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz - Page 2 Empty Russian Special Forces

Post  Bthebrave Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:20 am

Since I do not like rumors or made up stories and I am only willing to do business with solid facts, I would like to hear from any currently serving or ex Special Forces members who have been discharged recently how many training hours units like Alpha Group and Vympel get? It is said that units like UK/Aussie/Kiwi SAS, SBS, Delta Force, SEALs, KSK and JTF2 send more bullets down the firing range then Spetsnaz actually spends 'downrange'. Is it really true? If so, I find it very disturbing that Tier One and the Tier Two units who directly support them are being so dangerously neglected. And let me conclude with these humble words: Thank you for your service, gentlemen.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri May 30, 2014 12:48 pm

@Austin - you had a great article about Russian special forces from MDB - you should post it

Center for training commandos built in Moscow
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Selection and Τraining of Spetsnaz - Page 2 Empty Books On Spetsnaz Training

Post  jhelb Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:05 am

Spetsnaz SF of the Russian Army is regarded as the most lethal Special Forces in the world. Of course what makes them such an accomplished force is the training they receive.

Can anyone please suggest some authoritative books, sites that deal with the training that Spetsnaz SF receives, especially the mental training ? Russian books, sites will be great but in its absence English ones will do.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Your profile says you were previously form Belarus?

I can see one easy and reliable way well maby not so easy... Join and find out.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:00 pm

Have any one of you read this book about Special Forces that was published by CAST - Elite Warriors: Special Operations Forces Around the World ?

https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Warriors-Special-Operations-Forces/dp/1879944995

Most of the books published by CAST, Moscow are quite outstanding. So was hoping some of you might have read this book and can provide a feedback.

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon May 17, 2021 11:39 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm