Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian War: News #12

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7670
    Points : 7753
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  JohninMK on Sat May 06, 2017 11:56 am

    miketheterrible wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:Anyone that actually praises the terror/apartheid state known as Israel has a problem with twisted perspectives. No amount of hate for x country deserves siding with the criminal state known as Israel. Israel will go the way of South Africa before Mandela. Funny, Israeli pilots back then flew against Cubans in the Angolan Civil war if I recall.. (and they weren't the hype - it's all about the equipment you own and the training - simple as that) ...but anyway... birds of the same feather flock together. Moreover, who gave South Africa their nukes? If not rogue state Israel then who? with American soft approval of course as they needed a bastion in Africa in case of Soviet expansion domino style? Not only is Israel a terror state, an apartheid state, a rogue nuclear state, but also a state that engages in the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction - when deemed necessary. Seems the end of the Cold War has made many forget Israel's earlier crimes - as if they somehow have changed. The only thing that changed were proxy wars between two superpowers. But that's coming to play again - and the more these conflicts happen in the geopolitical reshuffle - the more you can expect Israel to play the role of the dirty rats that they've always been - and the U.S will supervise.

    I agree with this.  As much as I disagreed with you before on lots of stuff, this I can fully agree with.

    OT but you pretty much nailed it there. If there was ever a people with a singled minded intent to get their way regardless of leaving a trail of death and destruction behind them it was the Zionists (with all the other names they hid behind) and the state they created, Israel.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7670
    Points : 7753
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  JohninMK on Sat May 06, 2017 12:07 pm

    NDF‏ 3h3 hours ago


    Russia sent at least 4 TOS launcher to #Palmyra front for DeZ offensive



    Already Happened‏ @M3t4_tr0n 54m54 minutes ago

    Turkish M-60 tanks reportedly spotted in Akçakale near Tell Abyad border, Syria (North of al-Raqqa)
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7670
    Points : 7753
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  JohninMK on Sat May 06, 2017 12:18 pm

    Pretty simplistic map, no claimed author, not sure what the 'Internat Admin' is

    Hassan Ridha‏ @sayed_ridha 2h

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_ITq-9UwAEghCa

    This one is a bit more specific

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_FO8d0XUAEna_v
    starman
    starman

    Posts : 480
    Points : 480
    Join date : 2016-08-10

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  starman on Sat May 06, 2017 1:29 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:

    the more you can expect Israel to play the role of the dirty rats that they've always been - and the U.S will supervise.

    I agree with this.  As much as I disagreed with you before on lots of stuff, this I can fully agree with.

    OT but you pretty much nailed it there. If there was ever a people with a singled minded intent to get their way regardless of leaving a trail of death and destruction behind them it was the Zionists (with all the other names they hid behind) and the state they created, Israel.

    I also agree, basically.
    avatar
    MonkeymodelBananaRepublic

    Posts : 57
    Points : 59
    Join date : 2016-10-13

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  MonkeymodelBananaRepublic on Sat May 06, 2017 4:48 pm

    So dz offensive from Palmyra has officially commenced on the ground?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9260
    Points : 9342
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat May 06, 2017 5:12 pm

    MonkeymodelBananaRepublic wrote:So dz offensive from Palmyra has officially commenced on the ground?

    No movements yet but they are definitely hitting the ISIS with artillery in preparation.


    In the meantime:

    Army and NDF mahardeh recaptured Zilaqiat north hama

    https://mobile.twitter.com/watanisy/status/860868364025159681
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2019
    Points : 2206
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  par far on Sat May 06, 2017 10:05 pm

    "TURKISH ARMY COULD ENTER IDLIB IN ORDER TO ENFROCE ‘DE-ESCALATION ZONES': RUDAW."

    https://southfront.org/turkish-army-could-enter-idlib-in-order-to-enfroce-de-escalation-zones-rudaw/


    Did Russia and Iran get played here? If yes, send in the bombers. God dam I hate the Turks(if this was coordinated with Russia and Iran, than it is fine.)



    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7670
    Points : 7753
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  JohninMK on Sun May 07, 2017 9:17 pm

    The Agreement spelt out

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_LEz86XoAM-S0w
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  calm on Mon May 08, 2017 12:14 am

    SAA pushing east of Al Seen Airbase , looks like green will soon be RED.

    60km advance
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_QH8tVW0AIva_N
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  calm on Mon May 08, 2017 12:48 pm

    FSA man in Astana ...
    don't let the world forget that #Syria's diplomats have to negotiate with thugs and extremists

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_HJ594W0AUbwo0
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  calm on Mon May 08, 2017 2:02 pm

    E. Damascus: satellite images show large-scale devastation in Qabun resulting from 8 weeks of relentless Regime bombardment.

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_KvnR9W0AIquu9Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_KvrlNXkAAA8vX

    Eastern urbanized areas of Qabun are reduced to rubble by IRAM rockets and airstrikes.
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_Kwq43WAAAuvr6Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_KwrdyW0AQekGO

    artillery impacts everywhere in Qabun orchads after 8 weeks of Regime shelling.
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_KxOWuXgAAk6iWSyrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_KxO4wXsAALFxO


    Deal reached evacuation of Rebels and civilians from Barzeh started. Qaboun still negotiating.
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_OzZSTW0AEhCEV
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_SjHxRXcAAOEbCSyrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_SjI_7WAAQfGl-


    HTS going to Idlib from Yarmouk camp, Damascus
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_Qzcf9VYAESbgR

    Areas in Blue will be handed over to the Palestinian Militias & NDF/SAA after HTS leave
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_QrhU1VYAA-kP-


    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7670
    Points : 7753
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  JohninMK on Mon May 08, 2017 4:46 pm

    Getting a bit carried away methinks

    Kurdish leaders are pushing for US support for a plan to extend their territory across Syria to the Mediterranean Sea, in order to create a trade route and bolster Kurdish enclaves in the North. The move may run into stiff local opposition. In a mainstream media interview, Hediya Yousef, head of the Kurdish federalism project, said the Syrian Kurds wanted more territory in the North, in return for helping the US retake Raqqa from Daesh. He claimed the Kurds had a "legal right" to create a trade corridor to the Mediterranean.

    The Kurdish-led Syria Democratic Forces are on the verge of liberating Raqqa from Daesh's clutches — when that's achieved, the group intends to occupy the city, and also push further southeast, towards Deir ez-Zor. It has been suggested Kurdish-led forces could eventually push west to the rebel-occupied city of Idlib. Such a move would widen Kurdish-controlled areas in the North, taking in the two Kurdish cantons of Afrin and Rojava, while also expanding Kurdish influence further south, in Arab-majority areas.

    "The people in Deir ez-Zor and Raqqa want the SDF to come; in truth the SDF consists of people from these areas. If we clear all this area from terrorists, then maybe we will go to the other side to also clear that area. If we arrive at the Mediterranean it will solve many of the problems of the population in northern Syria. Everyone will benefit," Yousef added.

    However, she was quick to acknowledge such a plan would require US backing to become reality — and would be strongly opposed by Turkey, which for decades has battled Kurdish militants from the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and the People's Protection Units (YPG), in the country's southern regions. Turkey views both groups as terrorist organizations, and has vowed to prevent the Kurds from linking Afrin and Rojava. US officials have said that while they "understand" Ankara's concerns about the groups, they disagree.


    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201705081053384911-kurds-syria-federalism-us/


    Followed by a bit of trolling

    Kurdish fight against Daesh is aimed at preserving Syria’s integrity, Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem said Monday.

    BEIRUT (Sputnik) – Muallem stressed that Syrian sovereignty was unquestionable and was not a matter for discussion. "We suppose that Kurdish citizens’ activity against the Islamic State [Daesh] is a project aimed to ensure the respect for Syria’s integrity and sovereignty," Muallem said.


    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201705081053386052-kurds-daesh-fight-integrity/
    avatar
    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 642
    Points : 652
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  ATLASCUB on Mon May 08, 2017 9:20 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Getting a bit carried away methinks

    Kurdish leaders are pushing for US support for a plan to extend their territory across Syria to the Mediterranean Sea, in order to create a trade route and bolster Kurdish enclaves in the North. The move may run into stiff local opposition. In a mainstream media interview, Hediya Yousef, head of the Kurdish federalism project, said the Syrian Kurds wanted more territory in the North, in return for helping the US retake Raqqa from Daesh. He claimed the Kurds had a "legal right" to create a trade corridor to the Mediterranean.

    The Kurdish-led Syria Democratic Forces are on the verge of liberating Raqqa from Daesh's clutches — when that's achieved, the group intends to occupy the city, and also push further southeast, towards Deir ez-Zor. It has been suggested Kurdish-led forces could eventually push west to the rebel-occupied city of Idlib. Such a move would widen Kurdish-controlled areas in the North, taking in the two Kurdish cantons of Afrin and Rojava, while also expanding Kurdish influence further south, in Arab-majority areas.

    "The people in Deir ez-Zor and Raqqa want the SDF to come; in truth the SDF consists of people from these areas. If we clear all this area from terrorists, then maybe we will go to the other side to also clear that area. If we arrive at the Mediterranean it will solve many of the problems of the population in northern Syria. Everyone will benefit," Yousef added.

    However, she was quick to acknowledge such a plan would require US backing to become reality — and would be strongly opposed by Turkey, which for decades has battled Kurdish militants from the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and the People's Protection Units (YPG), in the country's southern regions. Turkey views both groups as terrorist organizations, and has vowed to prevent the Kurds from linking Afrin and Rojava. US officials have said that while they "understand" Ankara's concerns about the groups, they disagree.


    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201705081053384911-kurds-syria-federalism-us/


    Followed by a bit of trolling

    Kurdish fight against Daesh is aimed at preserving Syria’s integrity, Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem said Monday.

    BEIRUT (Sputnik) – Muallem stressed that Syrian sovereignty was unquestionable and was not a matter for discussion. "We suppose that Kurdish citizens’ activity against the Islamic State [Daesh] is a project aimed to ensure the respect for Syria’s integrity and sovereignty," Muallem said.


    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201705081053386052-kurds-daesh-fight-integrity/

    Kurds are merely practicing good deal-making practices. Ask for the world and heavens...
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  calm on Mon May 08, 2017 9:26 pm

    New map from Peto
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 WcgHEaA

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_TnbbHXkAABqD0


    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9260
    Points : 9342
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon May 08, 2017 9:28 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Getting a bit carried away methinks
    ......................

    Agreed.

    Kurds will be lucky if they survive more than 3 months after Raqqa ops is completed.

    They overplayed their hand massively during Battle of Aleppo last year and casino bill will be epic.

    They should be bending over backwards trying to make some new friends instead of making more enemies. Pride before the fall.
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2019
    Points : 2206
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  par far on Mon May 08, 2017 10:19 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Getting a bit carried away methinks

    Kurdish leaders are pushing for US support for a plan to extend their territory across Syria to the Mediterranean Sea, in order to create a trade route and bolster Kurdish enclaves in the North. The move may run into stiff local opposition. In a mainstream media interview, Hediya Yousef, head of the Kurdish federalism project, said the Syrian Kurds wanted more territory in the North, in return for helping the US retake Raqqa from Daesh. He claimed the Kurds had a "legal right" to create a trade corridor to the Mediterranean.

    The Kurdish-led Syria Democratic Forces are on the verge of liberating Raqqa from Daesh's clutches — when that's achieved, the group intends to occupy the city, and also push further southeast, towards Deir ez-Zor. It has been suggested Kurdish-led forces could eventually push west to the rebel-occupied city of Idlib. Such a move would widen Kurdish-controlled areas in the North, taking in the two Kurdish cantons of Afrin and Rojava, while also expanding Kurdish influence further south, in Arab-majority areas.

    "The people in Deir ez-Zor and Raqqa want the SDF to come; in truth the SDF consists of people from these areas. If we clear all this area from terrorists, then maybe we will go to the other side to also clear that area. If we arrive at the Mediterranean it will solve many of the problems of the population in northern Syria. Everyone will benefit," Yousef added.

    However, she was quick to acknowledge such a plan would require US backing to become reality — and would be strongly opposed by Turkey, which for decades has battled Kurdish militants from the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and the People's Protection Units (YPG), in the country's southern regions. Turkey views both groups as terrorist organizations, and has vowed to prevent the Kurds from linking Afrin and Rojava. US officials have said that while they "understand" Ankara's concerns about the groups, they disagree.


    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201705081053384911-kurds-syria-federalism-us/


    Followed by a bit of trolling

    Kurdish fight against Daesh is aimed at preserving Syria’s integrity, Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem said Monday.

    BEIRUT (Sputnik) – Muallem stressed that Syrian sovereignty was unquestionable and was not a matter for discussion. "We suppose that Kurdish citizens’ activity against the Islamic State [Daesh] is a project aimed to ensure the respect for Syria’s integrity and sovereignty," Muallem said.


    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201705081053386052-kurds-daesh-fight-integrity/


    The Kurds are American bitches(they use them when ever needed), if Erdogan ever gets his head out of his ass and works honestly with Russia than Russia/Turkey can make the US assholes dump the Kurds again. But let's not kids ourselves, these Kurds are dangerous.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9260
    Points : 9342
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon May 08, 2017 10:20 pm


    Syrian MoF declare that SAA is going to take control ofAl Badiya region&Jordan border (from Suveyda to Deyr ez Zor)

    https://twitter.com/NatDefFor/status/861613265721462784
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  calm on Mon May 08, 2017 11:13 pm

    Huge American, British and Jordanian forces along with 4000 militants were mobalized to the Syrian-Jordanian boarders.
    Syria and its allies are closely watching these forces and will respond accordingly in case of any violations to the Syrian sovereignty




    Hezbollah media somehow manage to film them.
    Monitoring of unprecedented military buildup inside Jordanian territory near the Syrian border.
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_VRBpLXgAEWgwFSyrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_VRBpKXUAEYSqG
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_VRBpLWAAEUyiNSyrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_VRBpLXYAIxTJ8


    @edit
    Maybe this
    Multinational military exercises "Eager lion" in Jordan near Syria border have been happening every year for the past 5 years





    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2461
    Points : 2470
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  eehnie on Mon May 08, 2017 11:50 pm

    JohninMK wrote:The Agreement spelt out

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_LEz86XoAM-S0w

    Which is the source of this?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7670
    Points : 7753
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  JohninMK on Tue May 09, 2017 12:24 am

    calm wrote:Huge American, British and Jordanian forces along with 4000 militants were mobalized to the Syrian-Jordanian boarders.
    Syria and its allies are closely watching these forces and will respond accordingly in case of any violations to the Syrian sovereignty



    @edit
    Maybe this
    Multinational military exercises "Eager lion" in Jordan near Syria border have been happening every year for the past 5 years

    Link contains before/after photos, this site is 40Km from border. The trbrtc poster is a Bellingcat person.

    Aldin AbazovićAldin Abazović 11m11 minutes ago
    Replying to @CT_operative

    Aldin Abazović Retweeted Christiaan Triebert

    As said, nothing major, considering the large exercise in region. Great work as usual from @trbrtc

    https://twitter.com/trbrtc/status/861705619983564800


    Last edited by JohninMK on Tue May 09, 2017 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7670
    Points : 7753
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  JohninMK on Tue May 09, 2017 12:26 am

    eehnie wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:The Agreement spelt out


    Which is the source of this?
    Didn't seem very controversial and seemed to stand on its own so didn't copy the Twitter link. Sorry.
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2461
    Points : 2470
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  eehnie on Tue May 09, 2017 2:32 am

    JohninMK wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:The Agreement spelt out

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 C_LEz86XoAM-S0w

    Which is the source of this?
    Didn't seem very controversial and seemed to stand on its own so didn't copy the Twitter link. Sorry.

    The regional breackdown exposed in the point 4 seems to include the entire province of Quneitra, that includes again the Golan under Israeli domination.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7670
    Points : 7753
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  JohninMK on Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 pm

    eehnie wrote:

    The regional breackdown exposed in the point 4 seems to include the entire province of Quneitra, that includes again the Golan under Israeli domination.

    So it should, as far as Syria, and incidently most of the rest of the world, is concerned the Golan is part of Syria and one day the intruders will have to leave.
    Benya
    Benya

    Posts : 526
    Points : 528
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  Benya on Tue May 09, 2017 2:15 pm

    I have seen some reports indicating that ISIS have beheaded a Russian reconaissance/intelligence officer identified as Colonel Evgeniy Petrenko

    This is one of them Arrow http://asian-defence-news.blogspot.com/2017/05/islamic-states-furat-media-releases.html
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2461
    Points : 2470
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  eehnie on Tue May 09, 2017 2:21 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    eehnie wrote:

    The regional breackdown exposed in the point 4 seems to include the entire province of Quneitra, that includes again the Golan under Israeli domination.

    So it should, as far as Syria, and incidently most of the rest of the world, is concerned the Golan is part of Syria and one day the intruders will have to leave.

    I perfectly understand, and I expect, Syria, Russia and Iran including the Golan in their strategies for the country.


    Sponsored content

    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:32 am