Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
OminousSpudd
zorobabel
BKP
PapaDragon
calm
TheArmenian
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
d_taddei2
franco
kvs
JohninMK
eehnie
miketheterrible
ATLASCUB
Big_Gazza
MMBR
ultimatewarrior
0nillie0
crod
par far
starman
Airman
AbdulhamidtheSecond
ali.a.r
arpakola
Walther von Oldenburg
airstrike
Mindstorm
RTN
Zastel
George1
Grazneyar
VARGR198
KiloGolf
jhelb
Austin
Vann7
Visc
Azi
whir
higurashihougi
Teshub
Erk
max steel
AlfaT8
medo
Hannibal Barca
rambo54
Karl Haushofer
Kimppis
MilitaryAttractions
Firebird
onwiththewar
A Different Voice
VladimirSahin
Project Canada
storm333
The Ottoman
ult
Odin of Ossetia
Neutrality
Airbornewolf
magnumcromagnon
GarryB
auslander
Isos
cochiloco
KoTeMoRe
73 posters

Syrian War: News #12

calm
    calm

Syrian War: News #12 - Page 28 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

Post  calm Wed May 03, 2017 9:44 am

battle for Qaboun and Jobar, over the last month.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Couldn't resist posting this from VT

Syrian War: News #12 - Page 28 Syria1
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Wed May 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Russians do not understand Middle Easterners. Russians easily get Ukrainians to ceasefire in Donbas. Russians cannot get Syrians to ceasefire. Middle Easterners are far more brutal than anyone else on the planet. They only have dictators and absolute monarchies. Syrians get arms from Iran by transport planes. Syrians don't need arms from Russia. Russians cannot stop the war in Syria even if they wanted to. Russians do not understand Middle Easterners and their brutality.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Wed May 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Today Jaysh Nasr shelled Helfaya with Grads and killed another Russian officer. Is Putin just going to throw away Russian officers for peace talks? Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/859760139380953088

https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/859769912331579392
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed May 03, 2017 6:10 pm

calm wrote:battle for Qaboun and Jobar, over the last month.

The defeat of the rebels in Qaboun seems near.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Wed May 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Another Russian serviceman KIA in Syria today. RIP

https://twitter.com/CITeam_en/status/859801145052737538

ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Wed May 03, 2017 7:01 pm

eehnie wrote:
    calm wrote:battle for Qaboun and Jobar, over the last month.

The defeat of the rebels in Qaboun seems near.

Russia signed ceasefire with terrorists on December 30, 2016. Russia won't allow SAA to take ground.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed May 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Ultron is back. And he is out for revenge. But now, he goes by another code name: ultimate warrior, so he can elude authorities as he goes undercover in his next espionage thriller. Coming to theaters this fall: Ultron, the ultimate warrior. Rated R for retarded. Not suitable for any age.
    par far

Post  par far Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 pm

"REBELS’ ONCE AGAIN SABOTAGE SYRIA PEACE TALKS."

Screw these peace talks and just go for it.

https://southfront.org/rebels-once-again-sabotage-syria-peace-talks/

ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Thu May 04, 2017 12:33 am

Putin lives in his tiny little world and thinks rebels will fall for his trap and accept ceasefire while SAA goes for eastern Syria. Rebels are not that stupid. They never accept Putin's ceasefire offer.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Thu May 04, 2017 12:55 am

eehnie wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Given the record grain harvest in Russia this year I'd say it's going in right direction.

Ironically, it is was poor grain harvest in Russia and that year's grain export ban that led to events that snowballed into Arab spring.

Lesson to be learned here is to never allow your food production capacity to lag behind your population size.

What pisses me off to no end is the fact that everyone has gotten so accustomed to news of Russian personnel getting killed every once in a while.

They have disproportionally high number of boots on the ground and are losing people lately for no good reason whatsoever. They should be pulling men back to Latakia and doubling down on airstrikes.

This is Iranian back yard and they are the ones who should be doing heavy lifting here. Instead they sit with their thumbs up their asses and expect to just swoop in once everything is over and assert influence.

Those assholes even want to setup naval base between Tartus and Latakia. They think it will keep them safe from Israel. Hopefully Russia will give IAF all clear signal to level those dicks at first available opportunity.

Honestly I can't wait for USA to storm into Iran and turn that rat's nest into another Somalia/Iraq/Yemen.

Reaching troll level. Not a surprise after all.

Just In Time for PapaDragon

https://www.rt.com/news/385912-russia-backs-iran-shanghai-pact/

Iran ready for Shanghai Pact full membership – Russian FM Lavrov

Published time: 24 Apr, 2017 09:33

Russia strongly backs Iranian membership in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), now that UN Security Council sanctions have been lifted from the country, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said.
    Iran is ready to become a full-fledged member of the organization, Lavrov said Friday during an SCO Council of Foreign Ministers meeting in Astana. Tehran has “settled the problem of the UN Security Council sanctions and hence fully meets the SCO membership criteria,” according to Lavrov.

“We hope that during their June summit in Astana, the heads of our states will be able to discuss the possibility of launching the procedure for admitting Iran into the organization as a full member,” Lavrov said.

Read more
    Tu-22M3 long-range strategic bombers © Iliya PitalevRussia can use Iranian military bases ‘on case by case basis,’ Tehran confirms
    The political, economic and military organization was founded in 2001 in Shanghai by the leaders of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. Pakistan and India were granted membership status in 2016, and both are expected to become full-fledged members in 2017 during the June summit.

Iran currently has observer status in the organization. It submitted an official application for full-fledged SCO membership in 2008. The application, however, was blocked due to sanctions imposed on Iran by the UNSC.

After 2015 nuclear deal implementation, as Iran agreed to drastically limit its nuclear fuel enrichment capabilities in exchange for lifting the sanctions, both Russia and China expressed their support for country’s full membership.

“We believe that after Iran’s nuclear problem was solved and United Nations sanctions lifted, there have been no obstacles left,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said during the July 2016 SCO summit in Tashkent.

Russian-Iranian relations have been steadily progressing in recent years. Like Russia, Iran is fighting international terrorism in Syria with the Damascus government’s invitation, a contribution that has earned Moscow’s praise.

READ MORE: Russia to build 2 nuclear power plants in Iran

Together with Russia and Turkey, Iranian efforts were instrumental to launching Syrian peace talks in Astana, where representatives of Syria’s government and some rebel groups met for the first time outside of the battlefield.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani visited Moscow last month to meet with Putin. The two leaders discussed joint economic projects, the issue of using national currencies as reciprocal payments, inter-bank cooperation, and boosting trade and investment.

The Iranian president floated the idea of creating a free trade zone between Iran and the Eurasian Economic Union, which includes Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 04, 2017 1:15 am

Membership in civilian organization will not save them from Shock & Awe 2.0

Ayatollah's boy-harem realized that they screwed themselves up permanently by dragging their feet and trying to be another Saudi Arabia so now they are kissing every available ass they can find

Tick-tock... Razz
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Thu May 04, 2017 1:34 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Ayatollah's boy-harem realized that they screwed themselves up permanently by dragging their feet and trying to be another Saudi Arabia so now they are kissing every available ass they can find

Tick-tock... Razz

You'd fit right in a sunni militant group. Go on face the rafidis like a man.. or go to shlomo's hospital to get stitched up. That is if uncle sam could pay you enough to fight against the only forces of sanity in the middle east.

Id persoally be overjoyed if a hezbollah rocket crashes into your israeli hospital.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 04, 2017 2:32 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Tick-tock... Razz

You'd fit right in a sunni militant group. Go on face the rafidis like a man.. or go to shlomo's hospital to get stitched up. That is if uncle sam could pay you enough to fight against the only forces of sanity in the middle east.

Id persoally be overjoyed if a hezbollah rocket crashes into your israeli hospital.

Serbian hospital now that you mentioned it and plenty of bombs crashed into them.

A lot of them were delivered trough Bulgarian airspace while Iranian assholes were cheering along with rest of the planet.

So don't try to lecture me on this because you don't know jack shit about anything.

What goes around comes around.

So when those "forces of sanity" get roasted by Uncle Sam I will crack open another soda and enjoy the show.

I enjoyed Afghan war, I enjoyed Iraq war, I enjoyed Libyan war, I enjoy Syria quite a lot and in will definitely enjoy when Iran gets bled like a big juicy pig.

And so much more to come. But I thought that I will have to wait several decades before karma kicks in. Instead it was instant. Good times.

Only thing that bothers me is that I could not enjoy Sochi Olympics due to all this political BS but you can't have everything in life I guess...
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Thu May 04, 2017 3:23 am

So when those "forces of sanity" get roasted by Uncle Sam I will crack open another soda and enjoy the show.

I enjoyed Afghan war, I enjoyed Iraq war, I enjoyed Libyan war, I enjoy Syria quite a lot and in will definitely enjoy when Iran gets bled like a big juicy pig.

And so much more to come. But I thought that I will have to wait several decades before karma kicks in. Instead it was instant. Good times.
    quote]

Enjoyed those wars did you, good times yeah? Heroic words. How did you enjoy them - armchair general? Involved in them at all? Happy with all the death and carnage??? Ludicrous argument...for goodness sake pull your head in and don't publish such tripe.

Your fu8k Palestine sig speaks volumes of your maturity.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu May 04, 2017 4:30 am

Uncle Scumbag won't dare pull an Iraq 2003 on Iran. It will not be a cakewalk since the the Iranian government is not
    a former client. I guess Israel can throw some nukes and Uncle Scumbag will throw some more. But that crosses
    the line and both Uncle Scumbag and Israel need to suffer the consequences. Best thing is for Iran to get their hands
    on real nuclear weapons and keep the nutjobs at bay.

The current situation with North Korea is peculiar. Clearly Uncle Scumbag is too chicken shit to even approach DPRK coasts
    with this mighty colonial enforcement tubs. But Chinese yapping indicates that they reached some sort of deal with the
    Scumbag. So Russia should expect an imminent backstab from the Chinese.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 04, 2017 4:53 am

crod wrote:.......

Enjoyed those wars did you, good times yeah? Heroic words. How did you enjoy them - armchair general? Involved in them at all? Happy with all the death and carnage??? Ludicrous argument...for goodness sake pull your head in and don't publish such tripe.

Your fu8k Palestine sig speaks volumes of your maturity.

Enjoyed as much as everyone else enjoyed entertainment we "provided"

We delivered entertainment for others and we now rightfully expect others to deliver entertainment to us in return

And that sig is just for that one special person with huge Iran boner but if others can enjoy it I have no problem with it (Iran is in there too but GoogleTranslate might have fudged it a bit, as for Palestine I don't care one way or the other but he get his period on over it and it's good enough for me)

I seriously got sick of his Iran cheerleading on the tread about war where other countries are doing Iranian work for them while they sign billions of dollars worth of contracts with that same Uncle Sam that they supposedly despise so much

Asshole hypocrites
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 04, 2017 5:09 am

kvs wrote:Uncle Scumbag won't dare pull an Iraq 2003 on Iran.   It will not be a cakewalk since the the Iranian government is not
    a former client.    I guess Israel can throw some nukes and Uncle Scumbag will throw some more.    But that crosses
    the line and both Uncle Scumbag and Israel need to suffer the consequences.   Best thing is for Iran to get their hands
    on real nuclear weapons and keep the nutjobs at bay.

Oh I know it will not be a cakewalk. I hope it will be very long and very exciting.

In case you haven't noticed I am not much of a fan of Uncle Sam's military as well. All those bombs and other stuff...

MMBR
    MMBR

Post  MMBR Thu May 04, 2017 8:44 am

Russia pushing for a frozen conflict in syria ........ why on earth when you have the initiative?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/world/middleeast/russia-syria-de-escalation-zones-astana.html?referer=https://www.google.com.au/
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu May 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Russia pushing for a frozen conflict in syria ........ why on earth when you have the initiative?

Ummm... obviously because there are no purely military solutions to civil wars.

A solution in Syria that does not involve all parties of legitimate Syrian (fuck the foreigners and ISIS/Daesh) factions, is just round one of many more to come.

A solution that at least includes the actual opposition to Assad that are actually from Syria and not funded externally with another agenda will last longer and make Syria safe again.

It is the other way to drain the swamp (as opposed to killing everyone).
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Thu May 04, 2017 1:26 pm

[quote="GarryB"]

A solution in Syria that does not involve all parties of legitimate Syrian (fuck the foreigners and ISIS/Daesh) factions, is just round one of many more to come.

A solution that at least includes the actual opposition to Assad that are actually from Syria and not funded externally with another agenda will last longer and make Syria safe again.

What concessions does the current regime in Damascus have to make? Get rid of Assad? Agree to regional autonomy tantamount to permanent splitting up of the country?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 04, 2017 1:41 pm

MonkeymodelBananaRepublic wrote:Russia pushing for a frozen conflict in syria ........ why on earth when you have the initiative?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/world/middleeast/russia-syria-de-escalation-zones-astana.html?referer=https://www.google.com.au/

The moment Russia started ops in Syria both Syrians and their Iranian owners were given military victory on a silver plate. All they had to do was to get their asses into gear and claim it.

But they refuse to do even that. They want someone else to do absolutely all the work, take all the risk, make all the sacrifices and then after everything is done to give them permission to declare victory and take all the spoils.

Nobody is stupid enough to fall for that, least of all Russia. They made that stupid mistake in East Europe back in WW2 and they learned their lesson.

If Syrians and Iranians do not want to contribute then others will.

I already said that Russia already secured it's interests in Syria. Everything else is just gravy. Syria and Iran on the other hand, not so much. But that is their problem, not Russian.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu May 04, 2017 2:49 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    MonkeymodelBananaRepublic wrote:Russia pushing for a frozen conflict in syria ........ why on earth when you have the initiative?

The moment Russia started ops in Syria both Syrians and their Iranian owners were given military victory on a silver plate. All they had to do was to get their asses into gear and claim it.

But they refuse to do even that. They want someone else to do absolutely all the work, take all the risk, make all the sacrifices and then after everything is done to give them permission to declare victory and take all the spoils.

Nobody is stupid enough to fall for that, least of all Russia. They made that stupid mistake in East Europe back in WW2 and they learned their lesson.

I already said that Russia already secured it's interests in Syria. Everything else is just gravy. Syria and Iran on the other hand, not so much. But that is their problem, not Russian.

This thinking does not make sense. The regime in Damascus needs to survive if Russia is to secure its interests, i.e. no jihadi control of Syria.
    The only way Russia could secure its interests is to keep assisting the SAA to purge Syria of all the jihadi nests. Freezing the status quo will
    be a long term fail unless Russia wants to engage in the current level of intervention indefinitely. And the NYT is fake news.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu May 04, 2017 3:50 pm

KVS is right. But just another thought: this was approved by nearly everyone - including Assad and Iran.

4 safe zones to be created with monitoring groups from those nations (Russia, Iran, Turkey and possibly Syrian) and it is a guarantee more or less that the people signing peace agreement uphold it. All others is open season. This isn't a freeze of the conflict. Some of you are reading titles or first paragraphs, but not taking in the whole concept.
    0nillie0
    0nillie0

Post  0nillie0 Thu May 04, 2017 3:56 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

I don't wanna offend you, but i think its unfair to say that Syrians have not contributed enough. Probably already over 100.000 Syrian military personnel killed as of January 2017, not counting the various Syrian and non-Syrian militias.
    And the pool of available Syrian replacement troops has also been depleted by the civilian casualties. I think people here are too quick to in passing judgment over Syrian military and its lack of achievements. I personnaly did not give them any chance before Russia intervention. A situation like that just doesn't fix itself in 2 years... Regardless of what Russia has or hasn't done. Given their extremely dire condition, i think the Syrian military has performed as best as it possibly could over the past 2 years up to this point.

As far as Iran is concerned, i do feel like they could step up their game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:55 pm