Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+21
nemrod
Pervius
zraver
Ogannisyan8887
ahmedfire
Hoof
IronsightSniper
SerbNationalist
nightcrawler
Stealthflanker
brudawson
USAF
UMC
Farhad Gulemov
GarryB
solo.13mmfmj
Hitman
Sukhoi37_Terminator
sepheronx
Admin
Viktor
25 posters

Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters

Poll

Best buy

[ 5 ]
    Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_left9%Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_left7%Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_left5%Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_left18%Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 28 ]
    Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_left49%Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_right [49%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_left5%Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_left0%Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_left2%Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]

Total Votes: 57
    Viktor
    Viktor

Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Empty Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters

Post  Viktor Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:37 pm

I for once dont belice in LM propaganda and still belive that electronic and sensors while more and more important in airwar still dont play crucial role like airodynamics, celling, speed, range, payload etc.
    Admin
    Admin

Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Empty Re: Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters

Post  Admin Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:51 am

I am going to hold my vote until Su-35BM gets AESA.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters Empty Re: Your thoughts about F-35. Comparisons with other fighters

Post  Viktor Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:40 pm

Whats so special about AESA. Irbis has more than enough range.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Viktor wrote:Whats so special about AESA. Irbis has more than enough range.

That, and Irbis has 400KM range with 32 tracking 8 engagement. AESA is just better in terms of stealth and Electronic warfare.

Mine goes for Rafale, it is not only awesome, it is smaller, semi-stealth. It is beautiful. It makes me want to just steal one and fly it around (let the CF-118's come after me. I can deal with them).
    Sukhoi37_Terminator
    Sukhoi37_Terminator

Post  Sukhoi37_Terminator Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:17 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Whats so special about AESA. Irbis has more than enough range.

That, and Irbis has 400KM range with 32 tracking 8 engagement. AESA is just better in terms of stealth and Electronic warfare.

Mine goes for Rafale, it is not only awesome, it is smaller, semi-stealth. It is beautiful. It makes me want to just steal one and fly it around (let the CF-118's come after me. I can deal with them).

Well I woudn`t go for the Rafale. Typhoons are somewhat better. The same size of the Rafale. Smaller RCS than the Rafale. The design isn`t much different.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Sukhoi37_Terminator wrote:

Well I woudn`t go for the Rafale. Typhoons are somewhat better. The same size of the Rafale. Smaller RCS than the Rafale. The design isn`t much different.
    Excuse me, but I like my Rafale.
    Sukhoi37_Terminator
    Sukhoi37_Terminator

Post  Sukhoi37_Terminator Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:02 pm

no problem. It was just an suggestion. Hope you don`t mind
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:40 am

Sukhoi37_Terminator wrote:no problem. It was just an suggestion. Hope you don`t mind

No suggestions. I do mind, and and.........

I'm kidding old bean.
    Hitman

Post  Hitman Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:21 pm

The F35 has very bad manuevration, only one engine and no thrust vectoring at all.
    personally I would go for the Mig35. Is not only the latest development but it also is the only russian aircraft wich already has an AESA radar, it dosen`t have better detection than the Irbis E but is a more practical and smaller radar. the Su35 might be bigger and have a longer range but the Mig35 looks cooler (just my opinion) and it has the latest 3d thrust vectoring nozzles (just my opinion)
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Post  solo.13mmfmj Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:50 am

F-35 is nickname the white elephant.
    Then spending money on it i rather take the money and run.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:11 am

I voted for Su-35BM, though it will likely be called Su-35S in service.

I do agree with Vlad that it could do with an AESA X band radar, mainly for a Low probability intercept emission mode which will make it harder to find.

Of course group tactics and data sharing means that a group of Flankers don't need to all have their radars blasting out energy all the time.

It already will be fitted with L and N band wing mounted AESA radar.
    Farhad Gulemov
    Farhad Gulemov

Post  Farhad Gulemov Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:34 am

Voted for the SU-35BM. Even in its current version it is, I think, the best of the lot and it still has a lot of potential for upgrades. As for the F-35, it has so many design flaws that it is amazing that it has not been fundamentally re-evaluated.

Though not in the same league - I find the Rafale absolutely beautiful. I have seen it fly at Le Bourget and it is one of the most beautiful planes I have ever seen Cool
    UMC

Post  UMC Fri May 21, 2010 5:28 am

Victor than we would not have blown so many migs out of the sky through the last 50 years or so.

Second F-35 cant be compared with these aircraft since its not meant to be an air superiority aircraft Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 am

UMC wrote:Victor than we would not have blown so many migs out of the sky through the last 50 years or so.

Second F-35 cant be compared with these aircraft since its not meant to be an air superiority aircraft Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Same thing would have happened to any country with F-16 or so crazy enough to chalenge Russia. Any country simply does not stand a chance when faced against superpower.

More to it, it would not do you wrong to check out specs of those exported systems.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Denmark and the Netherlands are cancelling their F-35 orders, UK is reducing theirs by half if not all together. There is still no agreement with Italy. It looks like the F-35 is headed for a lame duck in Europe.
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Post  solo.13mmfmj Fri May 21, 2010 8:04 pm

"Victor than we would not have blown so many migs out of the sky through the last 50 years or so.

Second F-35 cant be compared with these aircraft since its not meant to be an air superiority aircraft "

You should check all the facts.An f16 block 52 or a f15 eagle taking down a mig 21 or 23 is not much of a victory.The F35 is supposed to have air to air capability

"Same thing would have happened to any country with F-16 or so crazy enough to chalenge Russia. Any country simply does not stand a chance when faced against superpower. "
    Is not that much about superpowers. Look how egyptians lost their migs in the Six Day War on the ground.

"Denmark and the Netherlands are cancelling their F-35 orders, UK is reducing theirs by half if not all together. There is still no agreement with Italy. It looks like the F-35 is headed for a lame duck in Europe."

This is bad.They will probably force us to buy some of them.And they are very expensiv and flight hour probably cost much.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun May 23, 2010 4:12 am

The F-35 is going to be most of the Wests primary 5th gen fighter for some time it seems, despite the fact that it is pretty much actually going to be a 5th gen Buccaneer for the USN and a stealthy overweight F-16 for everyone else.

@UMC I believe the actual tally between Russia and the US is lots of US aircraft with designations starting with RB shot down over the last 60 years to pretty much zip.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun May 23, 2010 7:23 am

Netherlands just cancelled their F-35s, preceded by Denmark. UK and Italy will be cutting their orders drastically... the future of JSF does not look very bright in the EU.
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Post  solo.13mmfmj Sun May 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Those anyone know what countries are buying it ?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun May 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Australians are the only ones who have a firm commitment but they already squandered some of their budget money on Super Hornets. Turks still want it but the way they are acting, it doesn't seem like it.
    USAF
    USAF

Post  USAF Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:17 am

Viktor wrote:I for once dont belice in LM propaganda and still belive that electronic and sensors while more and more important in airwar still dont play crucial role like airodynamics, celling, speed, range, payload etc.

What does LM stand for in "LM propaganda?"
    brudawson

Post  brudawson Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:41 am

F-35 aircraft has all types of features as other aircraft has. The most thing in it i like is its vertical takeoff and landing.

_________

Admin edit... Your signature has been removed. Do not post SPAM on my website.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:41 am

brudawson wrote:F-35 aircraft has all types of features as other aircraft has. The most thing in it i like is its vertical takeoff and landing.

_________

yeah that feature surely good, however it's only for F-35B, not the CV or Airforce variant
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Basicly we are talking here about primarly bomb truck not airsuperiority design fighter.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:52 am

What does LM stand for in "LM propaganda?"

Guessing Lockheed Martin.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/capabilities/air_power/5th-gen/index.html

Basicly we are talking here about primarly bomb truck not airsuperiority design fighter.

It is pretty much a stealthy F-16 as used in USAF.

Sometimes it is a bomb truck, sometimes it is a light fighter.

For smaller air forces it might become the primary fighter that can also be used in the medium strike role.

Up against Mig-29s and old model Su-27s it could be used as a fighter.

Against Su-35S or T-50 it might be used as a bomb truck with F-22s taking the fighter role.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm