Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
KoTeMoRe
Kadmos45
BKP
flamming_python
Ispan
Akula971
higurashihougi
PapaDragon
auslander
Vann7
kvs
Godric
Cowboy's daughter
Firebird
Zivo
par far
ultron
Svyatoslavich
sepheronx
TheArmenian
wilhelm
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
NationalRus
medo
x_54_u43
Dforce
victor1985
whir
OminousSpudd
Morpheus Eberhardt
Osobist
gregoire
Karl Haushofer
Monarchist
VladimirSahin
GarryB
Project Canada
Lenny1983
Cyberspec
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Werewolf
KomissarBojanchev
Neutrality
franco
SturmGuard
Solncepek
Big_Gazza
marat
Khepesh
Rodinazombie
Erk
Viktor
58 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Post  Kadmos45 03/12/15, 12:11 pm

Some good news.

It appears that first part of the power bridge to Crimea was launched today :
    Unfortunately second part is prognosed to be finished by may 2016, but still better something than nothing.

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151202/1031145652/putin-launches-crimea-electricity.html

If true, then naziurks were bitch-slammed pretty hard  Twisted Evil

It actally made some sense for urks to make some noisy ruckus about sea blockade ( at least for their internal PR consumption, not any real moves).
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Post  JohninMK 03/12/15, 12:24 pm

Kadmos45 wrote:Some good news.

It appears that first part of the power bridge to Crimea was launched today :
    Unfortunately second part is prognosed to be finished by may 2016, but still better something than nothing.

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151202/1031145652/putin-launches-crimea-electricity.html

If true, then naziurks were bitch-slammed pretty hard  Twisted Evil

It actally made some sense for urks to make some noisy ruckus about sea blockade ( at least for their internal PR consumption, not any real moves).
    Not quite as good as it sounds. It was the initial testing of the line that started today. Power to consumers is targeted at 20/12 but they are pushing to get it earlier.

Post  Guest 03/12/15, 12:49 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:auslander, why you call Crimea "Krimu"? In Russian it's Крым (Krim - the sound represented by "ы" does not exist in English)

If you were to say in russian, 'i am in crimea' the end of the word would change, so you would say 'я в крыму' or Ja v krimu.

Im assuming thats where it comes from in this case. Russian grammar is pretty complicated though once you know the rules its easy enough most of the time.

Yeah auslander also calls the rebel militia the 'opolchensa', which sounds Serbian or summit.
    A militia is called a opolcheniye; ополчение.
    And when you refer to them in the third person (they, the militia), the word you want to use is opolchentsy; ополченцы

We dont have real word that describes what ополчение is in Serbian. Croatians have word "domobrani" which would be close i suppose. Closest word we have is "dobrovoljci", literally volonteurs. Or "Paravojne formacije" - paramilitary units. Its probably just his way to adapt Russian words to english and alphabet.

I meant the conjugation of the nouns; opolchensa sounds more Serbo-Croatian than Russian. But then again I know nothing of this language so just ignore me.

Ah you mean the word itself as he constructed it reminds more of Serbian than Russian. That sure, yeah i agree.

Dobrovojciiii ahahah 17 years since i last heard that shit. Calling UCK thugs volunteers while they were mostly drug dealers and car thieves when their little "adventure started" was something I'd never forget. Some of them we had arrested in Albania for human trafficking, now they were Che guevaras. Thank you uncle Sham.

Ill once send you PM regarding UCK and what happened to my cousin. You refreshed my memory actually by this Smile
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe 03/12/15, 01:39 pm

Worst part is that on of my brothers in law told me the Albanian military had been said to give anything smaller than 122 to "our people". Whole complements of Chinese mortars went out of Vlora base in a heartbeat, and while the people stole a chunk of what they could hold, there were military IFA's standing there taking weapons and ammo from his stocks and moving them up North. They did this so poorly that at least three trucks blew during transport. One in Fier, two others in Kavaje. Plus a lot of attacks in Patos area against smaller vehicles from the army.

To the point they send the army to protect the convoys, officially to stop the rebellion. Jesus what a mess.

CNN BS about those times.

When the Northerners sent the Army against us.

Yeah, feels like déjà vu?

PS: Don't mind the whole we're all bro's at the end. This was a real North/South rift in Albania. That's why they tried to have Kosovo become independent and reunite. Because they could change the balance of power between North and South Albania. Ukraine is the same.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx 03/12/15, 06:12 pm

Regarding the energy bridge: wouldnt it also be sufficiant and beneficial if Russia built more power plants on the land there? Maybe windmills, and tidal power? Any place possible for hydro electric?  I imagine there are plenty of options.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 03/12/15, 07:32 pm

sepheronx wrote:Regarding the energy bridge: wouldnt it also be sufficiant and beneficial if Russia built more power plants on the land there? Maybe windmills, and tidal power? Any place possible for hydro electric?  I imagine there are plenty of options.

There is no tide in the Black Sea. Hydro Electric, a no go, no rivers of sufficient size anywhere. Windmills, they've tried that couple years ago up around Yevpatoria along with solar power. Solar power farm was never in service and the latest we heard on that the other day was the entire solar system up there, built and owned by one of Yanukovish's sons, was 'removed' during the mess last year in March, supposedly by Firtash to orcland.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon 03/12/15, 11:33 pm

"IMF Stops Ukraine Loan, Takes Sides in Oligarch Bank Contest"

http://russia-insider.com/en/imf-stops-ukraine-loan-takes-sides-oligarch-bank-contest/ri11628
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist 04/12/15, 12:47 am

Interview with Motorola. At 3.25 he says he is in support of staying in Ukraine.
    Basically a hero in war but zero character in peace, he sold out for money, fame and position in Surkov and Akhemtov's Donbass.
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 04/12/15, 01:41 am

Monarchist wrote:

Interview with Motorola. At 3.25 he says he is in support of staying in Ukraine.

Could you do exact translation ? I don't understand russian well, and those damned birds in the background doesn't help.

Post  Guest 04/12/15, 03:55 am

sepheronx wrote:Regarding the energy bridge: wouldnt it also be sufficiant and beneficial if Russia built more power plants on the land there? Maybe windmills, and tidal power? Any place possible for hydro electric?  I imagine there are plenty of options.

Imo one gas burning major size plant plant (alot cleaner than coal and gas can be fairly easy transported to Crimea by means of sea or fairly short pipes from mainland) and one smaller NPP would long term solve problem of electricity. Place few solar energy plants too, i belive one already exists, power bridge with Russia shall still exist for emergency.
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard 04/12/15, 04:30 am

Monarchist wrote:

Basically a hero in war but zero character in peace, he sold out for money, fame and position in Surkov and Akhemtov's Donbass.

How many Serbian and/or Russian wars have you and your family volunteered in?

Don't you feel a bit (quite an understatement) stupid calling out actual frontline fighters and commanders for their lack of "patriotism" and "nationalism"?

I mean, it comes down to the fact that various "sell-outs" and "traitors" that DID take up arms achieved infinitely more than armchair generals and Internet warriors that often questioned the former. Even if we only take short-term and local battlefield impact, and leave the obvious geopolitical effects of their actions.

Ukraine and its current clique have been effectively neutralised. All they have achieved is demonstrating the unsustainability and sheer lunacy of prevalent version of UkrOp nationalism.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx 04/12/15, 04:58 am

Militarov wrote:

Imo one gas burning major size plant plant (alot cleaner than coal and gas can be fairly easy transported to Crimea by means of sea or fairly short pipes from mainland) and one smaller NPP would long term solve problem of electricity. Place few solar energy plants too, i belive one already exists, power bridge with Russia shall still exist for emergency.
    Man I am a dolt sometimes.  I completely forgot Natural gas power generators.  Such system would be most ideal for Russia as it increases both domestic demand for it, it is clean and plentiful, and will help local industries.  Big time advantage.

Maybe move that mobile nuclear power plants that were used in far east for decades.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian 04/12/15, 05:09 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:As Val is 100% Russian.
    1987-1989 produced and commissioned but yes it is russian.

As Val an VSS Vintorez ......

Ironically the Russians went full AK with the VSK 94 etc instead of the VSS while the AS Val which is almost 95% similar, is still being built.

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=372

All three firearms are in production.
    The VSS certainly is. Armenia received a batch not too long ago.

Both the VSS and the Val were present at the Gulf Defense & Aerospace Exhibition in Kuwait last month.

http://www.tulatoz.ru/o-predpriyatii/news/detail.php?ID=176
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian 04/12/15, 05:14 am

Paging Auslander,
    Paging Auslander.

What is the current status of electricity distribution in Crimea after the test run of the power bridge and the claim that country 404 has restored the power line to Crimea (claim refuted by Russia)?

Post  Guest 04/12/15, 05:39 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Man I am a dolt sometimes.  I completely forgot Natural gas power generators.  Such system would be most ideal for Russia as it increases both domestic demand for it, it is clean and plentiful, and will help local industries.  Big time advantage.

Maybe move that mobile nuclear power plants that were used in far east for decades.

Not sure if they would allow floating NPP though strait, it would probably require some discussions with Turkey. But building in Crimean shipyards shouldnt be much of a problem or building one on the land, or both Very Happy And yeah natural gas is great source of electricity, Serbian NIS owned by Russians already palced few small generators working on it across Serbia.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx 04/12/15, 05:48 am

What I meant by nuclear power mobile units, I meant Tehs-3

Post  Guest 04/12/15, 05:55 am

sepheronx wrote:What I meant by nuclear power mobile units, I meant Tehs-3

Ah land mobile one from 60s. I wonder if its alive Very Happy If it is sure, there are also rumons of new version being developed on truck cshasis i posted about it somewhere some weeks ago.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 04/12/15, 07:16 am

TheArmenian wrote:Paging Auslander,
    Paging Auslander.

What is the current status of electricity distribution in Crimea after the test run of the power bridge and the claim that country 404 has restored the power line to Crimea (claim refuted by Russia)?

The orcs will never restore power to Krimea (slang here is 'Krimu' or 'Krima').

The power line is either in operation or not depending on who is on TV pontificating or another version is half on line and half not. At any rate the power will go to Kerch, east and north Krim. It may or may not free up some large generators for use in Simferopol and Sevastopol, we'll see. As it stands now we have rolling electric power, in our little valley it's 04-06, 12-14 and 20-22. You can set your watch by the on and off cycle times.

Small generators are selling like hotcakes. When power went out in November we had the only house with lights on north side and we could see nothing on south side with lights within the visible areas besides military facilities and some hospitals. Not even Militsiya had generators nor did fire departments. Now when power is off there's a dozen or so houses with generators in our little valley alone. Many shops and kiosks also have them now although not all by any stretch of the imagination. Now, if our two !*#$!! internet service systems will bother to obtain a generator we would not be switching back and forth as one goes down and another comes up. Of course half the time both are down.

We went to City today to, among other things, get a new air filter for our generator. Took us two hours to find the new location of the shop we bought it from 9 years ago. We found out at that shop the we have the only diesel generator they ever sold, they remembered the unit sale and remembered us. Seems I'm the only foreigner that's ever been in their shop. We'll have the filter in about a week. Generator runs about 10 hours a day when we are home, which is most of the time. It uses 7 liters of diesel in that time, cost is about $3.60.

It is only a matter of time before the tragedies start. I have no doubts there will be some house and flat fires from jury rigged electric from generators or some bright light will run a generator on a balcony and asphyxiate the family.
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 04/12/15, 08:10 am

auslander wrote:

It is only a matter of time before the tragedies start. I have no doubts there will be some house and flat fires from jury rigged electric from generators or some bright light will run a generator on a balcony and asphyxiate the family.  

This will be blood also on West hand. All those scumbags are totally silent about this blockade, probably really happy about that.

But it is also criminal negligence from Russia side, this should be done (power bridge) much earlier.

Why this was not a priority from april 2014 is totally beyond me. WTF were they doing ? Believing that urks are human beings ? Such naivety ...
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 04/12/15, 09:11 am

Update.

It is now 23:07 and we still have power. Electric should have stopped at 22:00, I was in fact outside having a smoke and waiting for the power to stop and fire up the generator.

Rumors are extant that 1: the orcs have restored power service to Krim or 2: the power coming from Krasnodar Krai is more than announced. For whatever reason we have now had power for just over three hours, a record since 22 November.

I will update later about the situation.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality 04/12/15, 09:16 am

auslander wrote:Update.

It is now 23:07 and we still have power. Electric should have stopped at 22:00, I was in fact outside having a smoke and waiting for the power to stop and fire up the generator.

Rumors are extant that 1: the orcs have restored power service to Krim or 2: the power coming from Krasnodar Krai is more than announced. For whatever reason we have now had power for just over three hours, a record since 22 November.

I will update later about the situation.

200MW today and 400MW before December 20th they promised.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 04/12/15, 10:21 am

00:20. Electric still on, a record so far. At least our poor generator is getting a much needed rest. Tomorrow he will get some TLC.

View of City to the south shows solid lights, just west of Inkerman to Mysonn, the dome is readily visible.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 04/12/15, 12:32 pm

Not sure how power can get through from Ukraine given this on Interfax

Crimea on December 2 disconnected the system that transfers information from Crimea to control engineers of national energy company Ukrenergo, advisor to the Ukrainian Prime Minister and former head of Ukrenergo Kostiantyn Uschapovsky has told Interfax-Ukraine. "Unfortunately, now we don't have any unbiased information on the state of the power grid on the peninsula – Crimea yesterday disconnected the whole information system that transferred data to control engineers of Ukrenergo," he said.

Uschapovsky said that according to unofficial information, around 100 MW of electricity is transmitted from Russia to Crimea using the power bridge. "However, this is unofficial information, we don’t have reliable data," he said.

He said that it is not enough to build one power bridge to accept large electricity flow from Russia and distribute it in Crimea – expensive infrastructure projects on the peninsula are be realized.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter 04/12/15, 04:31 pm

Checking in to see what's happening...missed you guys...haven't felt too bueno for about a week...ugh...

Some good news. It appears that first part of the power bridge to Crimea was launched today : Unfortunately second part is prognosed to be finished by may 2016, but still better something than nothing.

Not quite as good as it sounds. It was the initial testing of the line that started today. Power to consumers is targeted at 20/12 but they are pushing to get it earlier.

Update. It is now 23:07 and we still have power. Electric should have stopped at 22:00, I was in fact outside having a smoke and waiting for the power to stop and fire up the generator. Rumors are extant that 1: the Ukrainians have restored power service to Krim or 2: the power coming from Krasnodar Krai is more than announced. For whatever reason we have now had power for just over three hours, a record since 22 November. I will update later about the situation.

00:20. Electric still on, a record so far. At least our poor generator is getting a much needed rest. Tomorrow he will get some TLC. View of City to the south shows solid lights, just west of Inkerman to Mysonn, the dome is readily visible. wrote:
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 04/12/15, 05:59 pm

07:52 04.12.2015 Power, at least in our little valley,did not go off all night. Not a word as to why on any news.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27/04/24, 01:28 pm