Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
KoTeMoRe
Kadmos45
BKP
flamming_python
Ispan
Akula971
higurashihougi
PapaDragon
auslander
Vann7
kvs
Godric
Cowboy's daughter
Firebird
Zivo
par far
ultron
Svyatoslavich
sepheronx
TheArmenian
wilhelm
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
NationalRus
medo
x_54_u43
Dforce
victor1985
whir
OminousSpudd
Morpheus Eberhardt
Osobist
gregoire
Karl Haushofer
Monarchist
VladimirSahin
GarryB
Project Canada
Lenny1983
Cyberspec
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Werewolf
KomissarBojanchev
Neutrality
franco
SturmGuard
Solncepek
Big_Gazza
marat
Khepesh
Rodinazombie
Erk
Viktor
58 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:38 pm

thumbsup

''Nowhere to Go? Russia Scraps Privileges for Ukrainian Migrants''

http://sputniknews.com/world/20151101/1029423581/russia-ukraine-refugees-priviliges.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Post  JohninMK Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Bit more on the MH-17 questioning session this week.

A Dutch Safety Board (DSB) public hearing into the flight MH17 crash will amend the lack of a press conference at the presentation of its final report earlier this month, a Dutch lawmaker told Sputnik on Saturday.

MOSCOW (Sputnik), Daria Chernyshova – On October 13, the DSB did not open the floor to the media during the unveiling of its findings into the downing of Malaysia Airlines plane over the eastern Ukrainian countryside in July 2014. The lower house of Dutch Parliament is scheduled to hold a public hearing on November 3, in which three DSB board members will be available to answer questions from the press.

"During the press conference of the presentation of the report, nobody was allowed to ask questions. That is one of the reasons the parliamentarians insisted on a public hearing of the Safety Board," Pieter Omtzigt said.

The Christian Democratic lawmaker provided a number of questions he planned to pose to the investigators, including why Ukraine’s both military and civilian radars were switched off at the time of the incident. He also said he wants clarification why Russia never provided their raw primary radar data to the investigators, even though Moscow publicly presented them on July 21, 2014. Meanwhile, the DSB says that Russia was required to supply the data under the ICAO treaty, and thus violated the treaty.

Further, Omtzigt said the DSB investigative team allowed the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) to check its own radar and "report that it had nothing of interest," while the United States was not asked to provide radar data altogether. "That is weird, as [US State Secretary John] Kerry has publicly stated that the US saw the attack live and saw the plane disappear from the radar screen," Omtzigt stressed, adding that Washington "must have data" relevant to the probe.

After the publication of DSB report into the incident, which killed 298 people on board the Boeing 777 aircraft, the deputy chief of Russia’s Federal Air Transport Agency said Ukraine provided only secondary data to the investigation. DSB concluded that a surface-to-air missile exploded near the airliner’s left side, but said further investigation is needed to determine the party that fired the missile.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20151101/1029410885/dsb-mh17-crash-report-media.html#ixzz3qFDxlcC0
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:53 pm

All quiet from our Donbas posters but apparently heavy fighting around the airport and north of Donetsk plus reports that the SBU have arrested Yarosh and raided Right Sector HQ.

confused

dunno
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:01 pm

franco wrote:All quiet from our Donbas posters but apparently heavy fighting around the airport and north of Donetsk plus reports that the SBU have arrested Yarosh and raided Right Sector HQ.

confused

dunno
    Our private news feed from Crimea must still be on his hols in the US.
    HeNeArKrXeRn_
    HeNeArKrXeRn_

Post  HeNeArKrXeRn_ Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:14 am

There is some info about Yarosh being taken away (kidnapped) by SBU:
    http://pikabu.ru/story/ob_yetom_soobshchayut_polzovateli_sotssetey_3750617
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:20 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:It needs to be asked why it all ramps up again along the entire front of DNR/LNR. I'll return to comments I made before. Poroshenko will look and see that if he does nothing then he has lost Donbass 100%, that is why he was going to attack last August/September before Merkel stopped him. If what happens now is another slow build up, then what can Merkel say that was not said before? I suspect not much more. I said before that in the final analysis it is up to Poroshenko, not Merkel or Washington, as despite their influence Poroshenko is not actually their slave. I think also too much weight is given to the diplomatic/political analysis as that depends on rationality, and we already saw from the very beginning that Kiev is not rational, and when it comes to the oligarchs business concerns and their ability to extract $, nothing else matters. These scum are rats that will fight to get out of a trap and will not give a frack about signatures on scraps of paper or what is told them by a puritan hausfrau or the clown masquerading as president in Washington. Wars happen because either a man like Hitler gets his hands on the levers of power in a country, or politics and diplomacy fail. Poroshenko is not Hitler, not even the ghost of a faded shadow of Hitler, so that leaves the politics and diplomacy, which are not working for Poroshenko, so I think we look at strong possibility of the Clausewitz solution.

Relax. El Porko will do what his masters tell him. These clowns are rational enough to obey orders.

The problem is that his masters have not given a damn, and have not been telling him off for much of anything. Only recently did Merkel deliver the message, but not seriously enough. What's needed is just to make sure that the message is delivered at regularly intervals and strongly enough, otherwise Porko and co. will start forgetting about it.

The Europeans are not his "masters".
    Maybe the US-Americans, but they do not really want to end the conflict on the terms of others which gives Poroshenko enough space to make his own decisions.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:50 am

Turns out all the analysis and calculations I did in my blog turned out to be accurate.

http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/dpr-ukraine-has-lost-24000-soldiers-is.html

excerpt

Thus, according to the Defense Ministry, during the conflict in the Donbass, the APU lost the following in battle: killed - about 24 thousand people, wounded - almost 54 thousand. More than nine thousand military reported missing.

According to the report, non-combat losses amounted to 1 309 people dead. It is noted that 873 people have died as a result of suicide.

and regarding the latest combats

excerpt

"The boiling point is the same - it is an area of ​​the airport. Fires from the same direction - Avdeevka, skirmishes in the direction of the airport, near the village of Spartak. Today, the shelling was carried out by small arms and antiaircraft system ZU-23", - said Eduard Basurin; cites Donetsk news agency.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:20 pm

This is good for a smile. The Ukrainians didn't think that the US would give them shiny new gear for nothing did they? Bet the new tyres cost a fair bit! Or that Ukrainian diesel was as good a quality as the US Army's? Clearly, canvas doors helped in the 'non lethal aid' definition.

Ukrainian media revealed the age of Humvee vehicles that the US government sent to Ukraine within the framework of non-lethal military aid earlier this year, Rossiyskaya Gazeta reported citing Ukrainian news portal Nashi Groshi. A batch of 100 Highly-Mobile Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs), commonly referred as Humvees, delivered from the United States to Ukraine's Lviv Region, were manufactured between 1986 and 1995. The total customs value of 100 US Humvees was a mere 967,000 hryvnias (around $42,000), the Ukrainian source revealed.

Ukrainian servicemen discovered a list of problems when they started using the US Humvees. For example, due to the age of the vehicles their tires began to crack and it turned out that spare tires can't be found in Ukraine. The same thing could be said about other spare parts for the old vehicles, the Ukrainian vehicle consulting firm autoconsulting.com.ua.

Furthermore, to provide their Ukrainian colleagues with the "high-level" of protection on the battlefield, some of the US government sent Humvees have canvas-made doors, autoconsulting.com.ua said. The Humvees were delivered to Ukraine as part of Washington's non-lethal aid package, although each vehicle has a pre-mounted machine gun turret attached on top of it. However, since the old Humvees lack protection they would likely be dangerous for soldiers sitting in them.

Finally, the Ukrainian military also said that because of the poor quality of diesel fuel the engines of the vehicles quickly become clogged and have troubles with starting up.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151102/1029466341/us-old-humvees-ukraine.html#ixzz3qKsQP9rN
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:14 pm

U.S. gov. definition of non-lethal aid = sniper rifles:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 19 Img_5244-tfb

For service APU received sniper rifles Desert Tech
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Ispan wrote:
    Turns out all the analysis and calculations I did in my blog turned out to be accurate.

http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/dpr-ukraine-has-lost-24000-soldiers-is.html

excerpt

Thus, according to the Defense Ministry, during the conflict in the Donbass, the APU lost the following in battle: killed - about 24 thousand people, wounded - almost 54 thousand. More than nine thousand military reported missing.

According to the report, non-combat losses amounted to 1 309 people dead. It is noted that 873 people have died as a result of suicide.

excerpt

"The boiling point is the same - it is an area of ​​the airport. Fires from the same direction - Avdeevka, skirmishes in the direction of the airport, near the village of Spartak. Today, the shelling was carried out by small arms and antiaircraft system ZU-23", - said Eduard Basurin; cites Donetsk news agency.

Large numbers
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:02 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Ispan wrote:

excerpt

excerpt

Large numbers
    Very large. Surprised that it came out of the Defence Ministry in Kiev. If it did someone there was not on message and just got fired! Not seen it anywhere else but Fortrus.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:12 am

Expect that news like this will increase, note the SBU and not the police were called.

KIEV, November 3. /TASS/. Unknown gunmen opened fire at the building of the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office on Monday night, Yelena Gitlyanskaya, the official spokesperson for the Security Service of Ukraine said.

"About 10 p.m. on November 2, the private office of Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin came under fire," she wrote at her account in Facebook. "The incident occurred at the moment the Prosecutor General was holding a conference with his staff." "The Security Service of Ukraine urgently dispatched a group of operatives and investigators to the site," Gitlyanskaya indicated.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:49 am

JohninMK wrote:Expect that news like this will increase, note the SBU and not the police were called.

KIEV, November 3. /TASS/. Unknown gunmen opened fire at the building of the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office on Monday night, Yelena Gitlyanskaya, the official spokesperson for the Security Service of Ukraine said.

"About 10 p.m. on November 2, the private office of Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin came under fire," she wrote at her account in Facebook. "The incident occurred at the moment the Prosecutor General was holding a conference with his staff." "The Security Service of Ukraine urgently dispatched a group of operatives and investigators to the site," Gitlyanskaya indicated.

Interesting with the Americans PO'ed at the Prosecutor General.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:24 am

JohninMK wrote:
    franco wrote:All quiet from our Donbas posters but apparently heavy fighting around the airport and north of Donetsk plus reports that the SBU have arrested Yarosh and raided Right Sector HQ.confused dunno

Dis ain't no holiday. Lard ass in Mockba won't let me get what I need, said I had to go to Kiev since our quiet little valley is still part of 404. Apparently no one bothered to show da putz the photos of the white/blue/red with the Imperial Eagle flying over this quiet little town and the peninsula for 18 months. Got what I needed, I'll elucidate when I return home, which will be next week.

Local situation up north, I've had not much contact whilst in Injun Country. I do know our boy is serving and doing rather well, plus the oldest girl we took under our wing late this past winter has forgone her intended education, completed her basic training and has now completed her field medic training. She will visit us next week and then report for duty.

I will write next week and post what I have seen and what I have learned whilst behind enemy lines. It is not going to be pretty.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:28 am

I would have sent a letter of formal complaint. As far as we are all aware, all of Crimea belongs to Russia now so that fatass you mention should be fired then.  Make a stink about it.

Guaranteed there is a Russian map (official) with the Crimean borders and you can point it out to him on the map. If he denies, ask for his map.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:50 am

sepheronx wrote:I would have sent a letter of formal complaint. As far as we are all aware, all of Crimea belongs to Russia now so that fatass you mention should be fired then.  Make a stink about it.

Guaranteed there is a Russian map (official) with the Crimean borders and you can point it out to him on the map. If he denies, ask for his map.

Coals to Newcastle. I am a patient man. I got what I needed in spite of the fat putz. As stated, more will be promulgated on my return home.

Net service in my current AO is difficult and that's being kind, hence the dirth of posts from this old man for the last couple weeks.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 am

auslander wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    franco wrote:All quiet from our Donbas posters but apparently heavy fighting around the airport and north of Donetsk plus reports that the SBU have arrested Yarosh and raided Right Sector HQ.confused dunno

Dis ain't no holiday. Lard ass in Mockba won't let me get what I need, said I had to go to Kiev since our quiet little valley is still part of 404. Apparently no one bothered to show da putz the photos of the white/blue/red with the Imperial Eagle flying over this quiet little town and the peninsula for 18 months. Got what I needed, I'll elucidate when I return home, which will be next week.

Local situation up north, I've had not much contact whilst in Injun Country. I do know our boy is serving and doing rather well, plus the oldest girl we took under our wing late this past winter has forgone her intended education, completed her basic training and has now completed her field medic training. She will visit us next week and then report for duty.

I will write next week and post what I have seen and what I have learned whilst behind enemy lines. It is not going to be pretty.
    Looking forward to hearing how Kiev is, word on the street is that people are getting more and more fed up as the ATO has largely grinded to a halt, people still waiting for the promises of wealth for almost two years now, and winter is about to descend upon them. Overall, the situation is very relatable to a pressure cooker left unattended.

I'm having a lot of trouble posting regularly, but I am still monitoring the development over in 404 and this thread.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:36 am

JohninMK wrote:
    Large numbers
    Very large. Surprised that it came out of the Defence Ministry in Kiev. If it did someone there was not on message and just got fired! Not seen it anywhere else but Fortrus.

It was from the Defence Ministry of Donetsk, not Kiev. But the level of detail suggests the figures come from intelligence sources in Kiev ministry.

And if you think they are large, not at all, is what to be expected from a conflict of this size and intensity with an average of 100 daily casualties in wounded and killed , so far 500 days of war, that amounts to 50 thousand.

I have researched this topic extensively in my blog and the figure is believeable and thoroughly consistent with previous reports. Not 100% accurate of course but casualties are in this order of magnitude. Novorussian military casualties seem to be a third of the Ukranians.

What is new is that these are no longer estimates but official statements, these are no propaganda, but facts.

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:49 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:[quote="auslander Looking forward to hearing how Kiev is, word on the street is that people are getting more and more fed up as the ATO has largely grinded to a halt, people still waiting for the promises of wealth for almost two years now, and winter is about to descend upon them. Overall, the situation is very relatable to a pressure cooker left unattended.

I'm having a lot of trouble posting regularly, but I am still monitoring the development over in 404 and this thread.

I'm sitting in Florida of the moment, been here the whole time mostly. I will meet with someone who has been in 404 for a while and quite recently. We should have an interesting chat and I'll pass on what I can.

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:59 am

Ispan, you're ssaying the casualtie are about 8k dead for Novorussia and 24k for Ukraine? Shocked

Geez. This would make it the most intensive war since ww2... probably since ww1 as the number of soldiers involved on both sides was quite modest - 40-50k on Novorussian side and 60k on Ukro side.

But I am going to believe you - since doctors working in Ukrainian hospital all say the official casualty numbers are BS.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:03 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:.....................................................
    Looking forward to hearing how Kiev is, word on the street is that people are getting more and more fed up as the ATO has largely grinded to a halt, people still waiting for the promises of wealth for almost two years now, and winter is about to descend upon them. Overall, the situation is very relatable to a pressure cooker left unattended.

Good to hear from you buddy! thumbsup
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:05 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Ispan, you're ssaying the casualtie are about 8k dead for Novorussia and 24k for Ukraine? Shocked

Geez. This would make it the most intensive war since ww2... probably since ww1 as the number of soldiers involved on both sides was quite modest - 40-50k on Novorussian side and 60k on Ukro side.

But I am going to believe you - since doctors working in Ukrainian hospital all say the official casualty numbers are BS.

Oh c'mon man, compared to Balkans this is vacation resort. lol1

I can't believe everyone forgot about us so soon, I guess our 15 minutes of fame are long over... cry cry cry Very Happy
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Pavel Gubarev arrested in St Petersburg by FSB at a bookshop during an autograph session for his book. I don't have a link
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Khepesh wrote:Pavel Gubarev arrested in St Petersburg by FSB at a bookshop during an autograph session for his book. I don't have a link
    So why would they arrest him?
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:51 pm

I don't know, but I will speculate that it is part of making him and others "persona non grata", to demonize them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:56 am