Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
sheytanelkebir
kvs
Bidoul
Cucumber Khan
TheArmenian
whir
Project Canada
Kyo
Neutrality
soigneerin
Svyatoslavich
Giulio
auslander
Airbornewolf
Rodinazombie
Shadåw
Zivo
Monarchist
Heartbeer
Kimppis
zorobabel
Morpheus Eberhardt
mack8
Flyboy77
victor1985
As Sa'iqa
VARGR198
ultron
Hannibal Barca
HUNTER VZLA
NationalRus
Solncepek
d_taddei2
zg18
Dima
Werewolf
kap-the-head
mutantsushi
Khepesh
Akula971
George1
iraqidabab
higurashihougi
Vann7
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
medo
PapaDragon
flamming_python
OminousSpudd
par far
Prince Darling
KoTeMoRe
ExBeobachter1987
GarryB
Cowboy's daughter
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Book.
Fred333
JohninMK
max steel
jka
Walther von Oldenburg
AlfaT8
franco
71 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #2

Shadåw
    Shadåw

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

Post  Shadåw Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Ahem, first the credit for this goes to Roman Alymov on tanknet.

First time i can clearly hear Russian speech on Assad side: in this reel at about 4:22 ("Now it is ok. (take) right 200 (meters?) more

Also note Syrian soldiers now wearing quick recognition bands "Chechen style" well known from Donbass videos

zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Lifenews reporter with Syrian troops near Syria-Jordan border

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Shadåw wrote:Ahem, first the credit for this goes to Roman Alymov on tanknet.

First time i can clearly hear Russian speech on Assad side: in this reel at about 4:22 ("Now it is ok. (take) right 200 (meters?) more

Also note Syrian soldiers now wearing quick recognition bands "Chechen style" well known from Donbass videos

Yep, finally some easy to recognise and understand Russian.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 20 CQyn5IoUEAE_XIM
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:04 am

A better look at some of the SAA's new gear:

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 20 CQ1D8LzWsAEIqAF
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:09 am

Already posted in other thread
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:31 am

zorobabel wrote:A better look at some of the SAA's new gear:

Well they got the looks now let's see if they got the skillz...

Also:

Does this ''kitchenware'' approach remind you of anything? Wink
    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 20 12122866_921379054564544_1845964299440736060_n
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:39 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:A better look at some of the SAA's new gear:

Well they got the looks now let's see if they got the skillz...

Also:

Does this ''kitchenware'' approach remind you of anything? Wink
    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 20 12122866_921379054564544_1845964299440736060_n

Indeed, the russians have come for tea, so its time to put the kettle on Wink
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:06 am

Russian report on the Syrian Army ground offensive vs Rebels in Syria

offensive in Latakia today

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:06 am

Militarov wrote:

Video in wich FSA claims destroying Kornet team by their TOW. I do not understand this however, SAA soldiers just walking there, relaxed like its not war...

It's not a Kornet team, it's a security group that was chilling. BTW they saw the Tow coming. Which indicates that the best detection system for ATGM's is a Eyeball mk.1.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:02 am

Russia's Defense Ministry aware of Free Syrian Army’s willingness to battle IS together

In the meantime, Russian Defense Ministry's spokesman said the ministry’s appeals to foreign counterparts for coordinates of IS facilities had remained unanswered

MOSCOW, October 8. /TASS/. Russia’s Defense Ministry is aware of the information that the Free Syrian Army has agreed to cooperate and get involved in discussions related to the struggle against Islamic State militants, Russian Defense Ministry's spokesman Igor Konashenkov said on Thursday.

"We focused our attention on the fact that certain forces operating in Syria at present, including the Free Syrian Army, express their willingness to cooperate and get involved in the discussions on participation in the struggle against the ISIL [the former name of Islamic State - eds. TASS]," Konashenkov said underscoring that the Russian defence ministry was open to contacts and was set to debate any constructive proposals.

In the meantime, Konashenkov said the Russian Defense Ministry’s appeals to foreign counterparts for coordinates of IS facilities had remained unanswered.

"Today we ask them: give us the coordinates of ISIL facilities," he said. "But either silence is the answer or a refusal."

All the attempts to receive coordinates of the moderate opposition have failed as well, he said.

"As of today, we observe a complete deadlock provoking a conclusion - either the moderate oppositions is a ghost or you just pretend you support it," he said.

Russia’s air and space forces started dealing daytime pinpoint strikes against facilities of the Islamic State terrorist group, outlawed in Russia, on September 30. The air group in Syria incorporates more than 50 planes and helicopters, including Sukhoi-24M, Sukhoi-25, and multi-functional Sukhoi-34.

On Wednesday, four ships of the Russian Caspian ships had carried out strikes on the terrorists with 26 cruise missiles. Later, the Syrian army launched a ground offensive.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:08 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Video in wich FSA claims destroying Kornet team by their TOW. I do not understand this however, SAA soldiers just walking there, relaxed like its not war...

It's not a Kornet team, it's a security group that was chilling. BTW they saw the Tow coming. Which indicates that the best detection system for ATGM's is a Eyeball mk.1.

Well there is something dark there, i mean could be Kornet siluethe, tho idk, all these videos are of quite poor quality.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:27 am

Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Well there is something dark there, i mean could be Kornet siluethe, tho idk, all these videos are of quite poor quality.

It's an ATGM's alright, only the silouhette isn't from Kornet. It has Sight atop the arming rail.Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 20 School-children-look-at-konkurs-missile-launcher

Kornet has all aiming devices under the arming rail. Only ATGM canister atop of it.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:50 am

R. I. P.

https://www.rt.com/news/318094-iranian-general-killed-syria/

A general for Iran's Revolutionary Guards has been killed by ISIS in Syria, the guards said in a Friday statement. General Hossein Hamedani was killed while advising Syrian President Bashar Assad's army.

Hamedani was reportedly overseeing the Quds Force, a special forces unit fighting rebels in Syria. The group has been declared a terrorist organization by the US. The general was known for leading a crackdown on protesters during 2009 demonstrations against the Iranian presidential vote results. He was previously the subject of international sanctions from several nations.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:59 am

He was quite high ranking. Some sources of mine from Syria even claim that he was the head of the Iranian Guards in Syria.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:00 pm

RAW: Full-scale military operation launched by Syria to retake city of Hamah from ISIS

And so it begins!
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:25 pm

These sites translating swears may be useful while it seems there are no Arabic speakers on the forum.
    Arabic to Russian phonetically http://domservisa.com/2010/10/30/arabskij-mat-matyuki-grubye-i-necenzurnye-slova/

Arabic to English on text http://arabic.desert-sky.net/coll_insult.html

So,  يخرب بيتك. and have a nice day Smile

Last edited by Khepesh on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:30 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:
    RAW: Full-scale military operation launched by Syria to retake city of Hamah from ISIS

And so it begins!

It's not Hama that's targeted, it's the nexus between Hama and Homs.
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 pm

higurashihougi wrote:R. I. P.

A general for Iran's Revolutionary Guards has been killed by ISIS in Syria, the guards said in a Friday statement. General Hossein Hamedani was killed while advising Syrian President Bashar Assad's army.

Hamedani was reportedly overseeing the Quds Force, a special forces unit fighting rebels in Syria. The group has been declared a terrorist organization by the US. The general was known for leading a crackdown on protesters during 2009 demonstrations against the Iranian presidential vote results. He was previously the subject of international sanctions from several nations.
    He was supposed to lead the operations around Aleppo. I think this whole operation will be a failure. How can someone that high ranking be on the frontlines without proper security. Question
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Monarchist wrote:

He was supposed to lead the operations around Aleppo. I think this whole operation will be a failure. How can someone that high ranking be on the frontlines without proper security. Question

You don't know much about Iran and its armed forces do you?
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:17 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:

Please enlighten me. I know that they welcome "martyrdom", I think Soleimani is called the "walking martyr" and can be seen on the frontlines without any body armour.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Monarchist wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:

Please enlighten me. I know that they welcome "martyrdom", I think Soleimani is called the "walking martyr" and can be seen on the frontlines without any body armour.

Check the IRGC leadership losses during Gulf war 1.0.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Syria Open to Hosting Russian Bases Pending Moscow Request

According to Syrian Information Minister, Damascus is ready to consider hosting Russian military bases should Moscow request permission.
    Syria would allow Russian military bases on its territory, but Moscow has not as yet requested permission, Syrian Information Minister Omran Zoubi told Sputnik on Thursday.

"There were no requests for expanding military bases in Syria from Moscow. However the door on this issue is open between Damascus and Moscow," Zoubi said.

The Syrian minister said the Arab Republic would issue a request for help in ground operations against the Islamic State (IS) jihadist group if the need arises.

Russia’s Sukhoi Su-25, Su-24M and Su-34 attack aircraft, with the support of Su-30 jets, commenced precision airstrikes against IS targets in Syria on September 30, following a request from Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Commander of Russian Aerospace Forces Col. Gen. Viktor Bondarev said on Wednesday that Russian aircraft deployed in Syria have delivered over 110 airstrikes against IS positions, destroying designated targets without hitting civilian infrastructure.

Also on Wednesday, Syria's Ambassador to Russia Riad Haddad told Sputnik that some 40 percent of IS infrastructure in Syria has been destroyed since the beginning of Russian military operations in the country.

Russia’s anti-IS air missions in Syria are coordinated with the Baghdad Information Center founded and maintained by Russia, Iran, Syria and Iraq.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Obama begins to surrender in Syria. Seems he is to announce end of $500 million programme to train Syrian rebels. If so then certainly he will make a statement that will make it seem he has won a great victory and the money and resources now used in better ways bla bla bla. I see this, no matter what semantics and obfuscations he uses, as a heavy defeat for him. https://www.rt.com/news/318107-obama-ends-syrian-rebels/
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:54 pm

IRGC Gen. Hossein Hamadani was killed in the district of Aleppo

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1513424.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:50 pm