Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+50
kvs
OminousSpudd
Akula971
whir
Bolt
Heartbeer
TheArmenian
Mike E
mack8
The Mule
Ispan
Boreas
kap-the-head
GarryB
Werewolf
higurashihougi
Monarchist
Nikander
medo
VladimirSahin
wilhelm
Cowboy's daughter
cheesfactory
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Godric
Rodinazombie
Firebird
gregoire
Morpheus Eberhardt
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
Prince Darling
Ghoster
Cyberspec
BKP
flamming_python
Karl Haushofer
JohninMK
sepheronx
auslander
2SPOOKY4U
PapaDragon
franco
Flagship Victory
Khepesh
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
Erk
54 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Post  JohninMK Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:59 pm

whir wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:These are not desert camo like the last lot and it looks like many are 'flatbed' ready to turn into 'technicals' as per the Middle East.
    Old image, look at the leafless trees in the background and the winter jackets of those soldiers.

For technicals they have the pickups EU donated to Border Guards.

The top photo is of course old, those 10 all came out of that C-5 last winter. But the article is talking about a shipload of 100 arriving in Odessa and the other photos at the bottom, which look current, are those arriving today.

In modern image aware warfare the smart withit operator can never get enough technicals Smile
    auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Post  auslander Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:11 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    whir wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:These are not desert camo like the last lot and it looks like many are 'flatbed' ready to turn into 'technicals' as per the Middle East.
    Old image, look at the leafless trees in the background and the winter jackets of those soldiers.

For technicals they have the pickups EU donated to Border Guards.

The top photo is of course old, those 10 all came out of that C-5 last winter. But the article is talking about a shipload of 100 arriving in Odessa and the other photos at the bottom, which look current, are those arriving today.

In modern image aware warfare the smart withit operator can never get enough technicals Smile

I wonder how many days it will be before the 'non lethal' drones they're providing become lethal?
    whir

Post  whir Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:14 pm

JohninMK wrote:The top photo is of course old, those 10 all came out of that C-5 last winter. But the article is talking about a shipload of 100 arriving in Odessa and the other photos at the bottom, which look current, are those arriving today.

In modern image aware warfare the smart with it operator can never get enough technicals Smile
    Oh, I didn't followed the link Embarassed.

The fun part is that they're trying to replace their UAZ off-road vehicles with Humvess for better mobility and protection (who cares about ease of use, maintenance and fuel consumption).
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:37 pm

Video shot from Kievsky. In central and southern Donetsk the sounds of bombardment can also be heard.
    https://vk.com/videos47723990?z=video47723990_170971159%2Falbum47723990
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:37 pm

whir wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:The top photo is of course old, those 10 all came out of that C-5 last winter. But the article is talking about a shipload of 100 arriving in Odessa and the other photos at the bottom, which look current, are those arriving today.

In modern image aware warfare the smart with it operator can never get enough technicals Smile

The fun part is that they're trying to replace their UAZ off-road vehicles with Humvess for better mobility and protection (who cares about ease of use, maintenance and fuel consumption).

Nah! They are just trying to look American thumbsup
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:44 pm

Khepesh wrote:Video shot from Kievsky. In central and southern Donetsk the sounds of bombardment can also be heard.
    https://vk.com/videos47723990?z=video47723990_170971159%2Falbum47723990

This time NAF cannot fire back if they pull arms under 100 mm 3 km back. We shall check tomorrow Maidan's casualty. If Maidan suffered 0 casualty today, then it would mean NAF indeed disarmed and allowed Maidan to shell cities with impunity.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:49 pm

whir wrote:

Hummve is over sized, over complicated and over priced. The good thing is in some days our boys will have some but I would be willing to bet they will serve with the rear echelons at best and when they break down, which they do, they will be put a the end of the repair stream. Even way back when as the first units came off the assembly line we looked at them with dismay. They were designed, supposedly, for the European Theater for when the Sovs stormed through the Fulda Gap but they were too danged big to go down many of the narrow village and town streets. Logistically they were a nightmare. When they worked, which they generally did, they were pretty good but all you had to do was open the hood and your first thought was 'who the heck designed this?'. Gone are the days when Joe Grunt can pop the hood, beat the motor with a hammer to get it running and then drive off. Any power train fail and the beast is going to Battalion level repair shop.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:57 pm

Central Donetsk by an Amstor supermarket
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 33 A69fc28041d5
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Khepesh wrote:Central Donetsk by an Amstor supermarket

So how are they hitting even further in donetsk? The PUkes would have had to move their equipment closer.

NAF should give up on these so called agreements as they never will be met. Just kill them already.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:06 pm

HMVVW's in Ukraine is like the same vehicles in Afghanistan, useful with the proper log-train and (few) select areas. Once October is in and the B-roads become mush, have fun with the "Hummers"
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Residents of central and southern Donetsk report more and more of loud bombardment, and that VSN are on the streets. Also report of ukrops infantry assault into Alexandrovka.

Edit: Lenininsky report actual bombardment, not just the sound. This is just south of the city center.

There is not any official confirmation of any of this yet, but the photo I posted originated from Pavel Gubarev.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:Khepesh, ive just seen the news about dnr proposing to withdraw all weapons below 100mm, but really why do they bother?

Havent they realised yet that they are just pissing in the wind? If they were dealing with an unbiased party them i could understand it but the west knows whats happening and who is responsible but it doesnt care. It has its agenda and no amount of goodwill gestures or peace proposals  by the DNR will change it one bit.

That said i do support the move, i guess we have to think about what the history books of tomorrow will say. And at least when people look back in the future they cant say that the ukies werent given the chance for peace.

Edit: i just hope that NAF is damn well ready to hit them hard as soon as the ukies try to take advantage of this, if this is some more shirokino style bs then people are going to start asking questions. Im already seeing a lot of negative comments about it on vkontakte.
    History books are irrelevant since victors write the history. In a war the only thing that matters is who wins. If you lose the history books will not remember how noble fighter you were. You lost.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:29 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Central Donetsk by an Amstor supermarket

So how are they hitting even further in donetsk?  The PUkes would have had to move their equipment closer.

NAF should give up on these so called agreements as they never will be met.  Just kill them already.

Why are they hitting even further in Donetsk? Because the NAF has withdrawn their heavy weaponry in adherence of Minsk agreement while Ukraine has ignored the Minsk agreement. Neither Russia nor the West demand that Ukraine must agree the Minsk agreement while both the West and Russia demand that the NAF has to adhere it.
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:31 pm

-Hospital number 23 hit in Kuibyshev District.
    -Civilians injured by shrapnel near supermarket "Ukraine" also in Kuibyshev District.
    -Two hits on the streets University Shchorsa 75 and 69 in the central part of Donetsk.

That's only just the confirmed information from DAN News.

Meanwhile, Basurin announced a few hours ago, that NAF has been ordered to withdraw weapons under 100-millimetres’ calibre three kilometres from the line of engagement.
    http://dan-news.info/defence/rasporyazhenie-ob-otvode-opolcheniem-bronetexniki-s-orudiyami-do-100-mm-vstupilo-v-silu-minoborony.html
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Khepesh wrote:Residents of central and southern Donetsk report more and more of loud bombardment, and that VSN are on the streets. Also report of ukrops infantry assault into Alexandrovka.

Edit: Lenininsky report actual bombardment, not just the sound. This is just south of the city center.

There is not any official confirmation of any of this yet, but the photo I posted originated from Pavel Gubarev.

I wish I could say that I have faith in the NAF and that the enemy will be defeated, but I can't after the recent murky events.
    It was better in the last summer. At that time, rebels were fighting for survival, and not for some useless morale high ground.

Last edited by ExBeobachter1987 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Makeevka now report incoming, civilian casualties now reported from the strike on the supermarket, tho no deaths reported. Sorry if I cannot supply a link to any of this but it is not on any official sites yet. Citizen journalists are much quicker than the official. military maps gradually catches up with the reports and I think soon Donetsk will be invisible under red rings....

Dramatic video of incoming https://vk.com/donetsk?z=video148164124_171300589%2Fb0016cd1510c3b130b
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Khepesh wrote:Makeevka now report incoming, civilian casualties now reported from the strike on the supermarket, tho no deaths reported. Sorry if I cannot supply a link to any of this but it is not on any official sites yet. Citizen journalists are much quicker than the official. military maps gradually catches up with the reports and I think soon Donetsk will be invisible under red rings....

Dramatic video of incoming https://vk.com/donetsk?z=video148164124_171300589%2Fb0016cd1510c3b130b

This war has been going over a year and the junta is still able to shell downtown Donetsk. Good that some of you still have hope. I don't.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:39 pm

Khepesh wrote:Residents of central and southern Donetsk report more and more of loud bombardment, and that VSN are on the streets. Also report of ukrops infantry assault into Alexandrovka.

I'm going to go ahead and state a crazy thought. I think the NAF are pulling back their manpower and armor from the frontlines not just to "adhere to the Minsk agreements" but to simply bait the VSU into attacking villages around Donetsk and Donetsk itself. That Ukrop infantry assault into Alexandrovka (if indeed true) basically suggests this is the strategy. This gives the NAF 2 advantages: Clearly showing that Kiev is the one who doesn't give a flying fuck about Minsk-II (political advantage) and forcing the VSU out of their fortified positions (strategic advantage).

Molon labe Ukrops.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:39 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

I wish I could say that I have faith in the NAF and that the enemy will be defeated, but I can't after the recent murky events.
    It was better in the last summer. At that time, rebels were fighting for survival, and not for some useless morale high ground.
    Exactly. I was rooting 100% for the rebels last summer. Ilovaysk was a happy happy time for me.

But after these useless "Minsk meetings" and constant "gestures of good will" it all changed. I still feel for the regular foot soldiers in the NAF but they are fighting a war that they are allowed to win.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:41 pm

franco wrote:
    whir wrote:

Nah! They are just trying to look American thumbsup  

Man, these days even ISIS looks plenty american... lol1

And good luck with surviving in a humve, those things look mighty fine but they aren't really known for bullet resistance Razz
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Neutrality wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and state a crazy thought. I think the NAF are pulling back their manpower and armor from the frontlines not just to "adhere to the Minsk agreements" but to simply bait the VSU into attacking villages around Donetsk and Donetsk itself. That Ukrop infantry assault into Alexandrovka (if indeed true) basically suggests this is the strategy. This gives the NAF 2 advantages: Clearly showing that Kiev is the one who doesn't give a flying fuck about Minsk-II (political advantage) and forcing the VSU out of their fortified positions (strategic advantage).

Molon labe Ukrops.
    You just don't get it.

After each big victory for the NAF there will be a shitstorm in the West and another round of sanctions against Russia. Russia does not want any more sanctions!

So Russia is trying to balance between "not allowing the DPR/LPR to fall" and "not allowing the NAF to make too big of a gains". So here we have a never-ending war of the junta shelling Donetsk while the NAF is not allowed to drive them out.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:44 pm

https://vk.com/wall-57424472_67204

Few pics from the latest shelling
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Central Donetsk
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:49 pm

If NAF does not fight back after these events, then I give up any full supporting of them.  They have proved to be incompetent and they are allowing their own people to die.  Eventually, the people will see this, the unwillingness of self defence, and will turn on NAF and be willing to be ruled under Kiev's authorities (for peace and security of not going to die from artillery fire).  The ones who did fight back will end up facing persecution and the rest will flee. Russia will in the end look like fools and traitors.

NAF is f***ed. They are getting ass kicked right now and losing territory all in the name of good will. We know specifically once they pull back, PUkes will move in and we will be back to what we are now, but with PUkes shelling even further in Donetsk/Lugansk and nothing done.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Ghoster wrote:

Meanwhile, Basurin announced a few hours ago, that NAF has been ordered to withdraw weapons under 100-millimetres’ calibre three kilometres from the line of engagement.
    http://dan-news.info/defence/rasporyazhenie-ob-otvode-opolcheniem-bronetexniki-s-orudiyami-do-100-mm-vstupilo-v-silu-minoborony.html

Who issued the order?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm