Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Neutrality
    Neutrality

    Posts : 888
    Points : 906
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Neutrality Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:47 pm

    auslander wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Yatsenuk gave an interview to Associated Press in which he defends Right Sector. He puts the blame entirely on the police of Zakarpatyia, accuses them of defending the smuggling activities (i.e. total corruption) and promises that they will be brought to justice.

    Well this is getting interesting. We have Poroshenko who is against RS and the Prime Minister who is pro-RS.

    Popcorn is ready and today laid in a case of good Weissen, and a bag of lemons and some smokes.

    All joking aside, please don't get your hopes up, this will end as Langley wants and only as Langley wants.

    In the east things are heating up. The bombardments yesterday, last night and today have been savage in some areas. I agree with Kepesh, something may, read may, happen in the next three or so days.

    Langley isn't all-mighty. Yatsenyuk and Poroshenko both have their personal interests and there are powerful oligarchs like Kolomoisky who don't answer to anyone but themselves and will do anything to protect their business interests. As for the East and things heating up again. It could be Kiev trying to up the hostilities in order to shift away media attention from Mukachevo.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10494
    Points : 10568
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  PapaDragon Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:47 pm

    auslander wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Yatsenuk gave an interview to Associated Press in which he defends Right Sector. He puts the blame entirely on the police of Zakarpatyia, accuses them of defending the smuggling activities (i.e. total corruption) and promises that they will be brought to justice.

    Well this is getting interesting. We have Poroshenko who is against RS and the Prime Minister who is pro-RS.

    Popcorn is ready and today laid in a case of good Weissen, and a bag of lemons and some smokes.

    All joking aside, please don't get your hopes up, this will end as Langley wants and only as Langley wants.

    In the east things are heating up. The bombardments yesterday, last night and today have been savage in some areas. I agree with Kepesh, something may, read may, happen in the next three or so days.

    In that case NAF better be ready. Good opportunities don't come often and when they do come, they need to be grabbed and exploited to the fullest.

    Current RS kerfuffle looks quite auspicious IMHO.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 442
    Points : 440
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Western Eurasia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:49 pm

    Khepesh wrote:Bad situation in Donetsk. People may have seen the earlier rumours about Republican Guard activity and blockading building used by DNR intelligence. Latest is that this is lifted and two intelligence officers were arrested. Also there has been another assasination attempt, this time on Yuri Sivokonenko, a DNR ideologist and head of Donetsk Berkut veterans. He was fired at on Panfilov street by a person with an AK and wounded in the arm and his assistant wounded in the neck. http://cassad.net/insayd/14762-srochno-po-situacii-v-donecke-boris-rozhin.html

    Who is trying to murder Novorussia this time, Kiev or Moscow?
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

    Posts : 888
    Points : 906
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Neutrality Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:13 pm

    I don't know what it's supposed to mean but Ukrainian "Vesti" reports that RS just announced they have "blocked" Lviv and are in full control of the city. Roadblocks have been setup around the city to prevent "titushku" from entering and cause provocations. Like today's explosion.
    avatar
    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 577
    Points : 607
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Rodinazombie Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:17 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Yatsenuk gave an interview to Associated Press in which he defends Right Sector. He puts the blame entirely on the police of Zakarpatyia, accuses them of defending the smuggling activities (i.e. total corruption) and promises that they will be brought to justice.

    Well this is getting interesting. We have Poroshenko who is against RS and the Prime Minister who is pro-RS.

    Absolutely blows my mind that a prime minister of any country can defend right sector and support them in this way. Anyone backing such animals is worthy of a bullet too in my opinion.

    How is this incident going down on that other site? I can imagine they are doing some me tal contortions to explain this away.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8692
    Points : 8785
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  JohninMK Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 pm

    Interesting article at Global Research analysing the build-up to the current situation pretty well. This is a chunk from the start, it is a long article.

    So, for nearly a year and a half, the West’s mainstream media, especially The New York Times and The Washington Post, twisted their reporting into all kinds of contortions to avoid telling their readers that the new regime in Kiev was permeated by and dependent on neo-Nazi fighters and Ukrainian ultra-nationalists who wanted a pure-blood Ukraine, without ethnic Russians.

    Any mention of that sordid reality was deemed “Russian propaganda” and anyone who spoke this inconvenient truth was a “stooge of Moscow.” It wasn’t until July 7 that the Times admitted the importance of the neo-Nazis and other ultra-nationalists in waging war against ethnic Russian rebels in the east. The Times also reported that these far-right forces had been joined by Islamic militants. Some of those jihadists have been called “brothers” of the hyper-brutal Islamic State.

    Though the Times sought to spin this remarkable military alliance – neo-Nazi militias and Islamic jihadists – as a positive, the reality had to be jarring for readers who had bought into the Western propaganda about noble “pro-democracy” forces resisting evil “Russian aggression.”

    Perhaps the Times sensed that it could no longer keep the lid on the troubling truth in Ukraine. For weeks, the Right Sektor militias and the neo-Nazi Azov battalion have been warning the civilian government in Kiev that they might turn on it and create a new order more to their liking.

    Then, on Saturday, violent clashes broke out in the western Ukrainian town of Mukachevo, allegedly over the control of cigarette-smuggling routes. Right Sektor paramilitaries sprayed police officers with bullets from a belt-fed machinegun, and police – backed by Ukrainian government troops – returned fire. Several deaths and multiple injuries were reported.

    Tensions escalated on Monday with President Petro Poroshenko ordering national security forces to disarm “armed cells” of political movements. Meanwhile, the Right Sektor dispatched reinforcements to the area while other militiamen converged on the capital of Kiev.

    While President Poroshenko and Right Sektor leader Dmitry Yarosh may succeed in tamping down this latest flare-up of hostilities, they may be only postponing the inevitable: a conflict between the U.S.-backed authorities in Kiev and the neo-Nazis and other right-wing fighters who spearheaded last year’s coup and have been at the front lines of the fighting against ethnic Russian rebels in the east.

    The Ukrainian right-wing extremists feel they have carried the heaviest burden in the war against the ethnic Russians and resent the politicians living in the relative safety and comfort of Kiev. In March, Poroshenko also fired thuggish oligarch Igor Kolomoisky as governor of the southeastern province of Dnipropetrovsk Oblast. Kolomoisky had been the primary benefactor of the Right Sektor militias.

    So, as has become apparent across Europe and even in Washington, the Ukraine crisis is spinning out of control, making the State Department’s preferred narrative of the conflict – that it’s all Russian President Vladimir Putin’s fault – harder and harder to sell.


    http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-mess-that-nuland-made-the-consequences-of-ukraines-regime-change/5462392
    avatar
    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 577
    Points : 607
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Rodinazombie Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:21 pm



    Pravy sector blockpost outside kiev
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Khepesh Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 pm

    The situation in Donetsk is very complicated. Deputy minister of taxes has been arrested in Rostov. DNR Ministry of Defence is abolished and command of all corps transferred to Republican Guard. Lots of wild rumors but no hard facts about why this is all happening. I would say that with the chaos in Ukraine with pravy sektor, then if major changes in DNR needed making, then now seems good as people's attention is split. The two assasination attempts are odd and don't fit with a reorganisation, so maybe coincidence, but it does create this wave of rumor. I'm not speculating as it is too early. All I will say is that tho it looks like a mess, I have confidence in the future and that things will turn out well.


    Last edited by Khepesh on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

    Posts : 888
    Points : 906
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Neutrality Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 pm

    Rodinazombie wrote:

    Pravy sector blockpost outside kiev
    Are these guys supposed to block all movements from the Ministry of Interior to Western Ukraine? What are they going to do when that happens? Start shooting eachother on the road?
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1356
    Points : 1434
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  auslander Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:50 pm

    Neutrality wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

    Pravy sector blockpost outside kiev
    Are these guys supposed to block all movements from the Ministry of Interior to Western Ukraine? What are they going to do when that happens? Start shooting eachother on the road?

    They don't stand a chance, whatever comes against them will not be the truncheon armed Berkut that they savaged last year. As for shooting their fellow countrymen, they already have been on both sides of the line for the last over a year, hence the delicate feelings of some slight animosity towards them from UAF.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Khepesh Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm

    Into all this strangeness I'm now tempted to include the "dissapearance" of Motorola and all of "Sparta". It was noticed several days ago that they had evacuated their barracks, all gone, but not much attention was paid to this at the time.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

    Posts : 888
    Points : 906
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Neutrality Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:00 pm

    Khepesh wrote:Into all this strangeness I'm now tempted to include the "dissapearance" of Motorola and all of "Sparta". It was noticed several days ago that they had evacuated their barracks, all gone, but not much attention was paid to this at the time.

    I don't get this. Are you saying they abandonned their positions?
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1356
    Points : 1434
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  auslander Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:01 pm

    Khepesh wrote:The situation in Donetsk is very complicated. Deputy minister of taxes has been arrested in Rostov. DNR Ministry of Defence is abolished and command of all corps transferred to Republican Guard. Lots of wild rumors but no hard facts about why this is all happening. I would say that with the chaos in Ukraine with pravy sektor, then if major changes in DNR needed making, then now seems good as people's attention is split. The two assasination attempts are odd and don't fit with a reorganisation, so maybe coincidence, but it does create this wave of rumor. I'm not speculating as it is too early. All I will say is that tho it looks like a mess, I have confidence in the future and that things will turn out well.

    I don't believe in coincidence but I do find the assassination attempts both troubling and intriguing. On the other hand with everyone looking at Zakarpatya now is the time to do some much needed housecleaning and reorganization and apparently it is happening.
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1356
    Points : 1434
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  auslander Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:04 pm

    Khepesh wrote:Into all this strangeness I'm now tempted to include the "dissapearance" of Motorola and all of "Sparta". It was noticed several days ago that they had evacuated their barracks, all gone, but not much attention was paid to this at the time.

    Didn't notice and haven't a clue if it did happen.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 442
    Points : 440
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Western Eurasia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:06 pm

    auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:The situation in Donetsk is very complicated. Deputy minister of taxes has been arrested in Rostov. DNR Ministry of Defence is abolished and command of all corps transferred to Republican Guard. Lots of wild rumors but no hard facts about why this is all happening. I would say that with the chaos in Ukraine with pravy sektor, then if major changes in DNR needed making, then now seems good as people's attention is split. The two assasination attempts are odd and don't fit with a reorganisation, so maybe coincidence, but it does create this wave of rumor. I'm not speculating as it is too early. All I will say is that tho it looks like a mess, I have confidence in the future and that things will turn out well.

    I don't believe in coincidence but I do find the assassination attempts both troubling and intriguing. On the other hand with everyone looking at Zakarpatya now is the time to do some much needed housecleaning and reorganization and apparently it is happening.

    The LNR needs some housecleaning and reorganization, but what does require in DNR such radical measures?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Khepesh Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:07 pm

    Neutrality wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Into all this strangeness I'm now tempted to include the "dissapearance" of Motorola and all of "Sparta". It was noticed several days ago that they had evacuated their barracks, all gone, but not much attention was paid to this at the time.

    I don't get this. Are you saying they abandonned their positions?
    No, absolutely not, simply redeployed, but why and where is not known. Of course such events are military secrets, but with all the strangeness of the past days anything slightly unusual could have ulterior meaning.

    No word or appearance from Zakharchenko on these events as he is in Moscow, hm........

    Edit: Surkov is known to be in Donbass today.


    Last edited by Khepesh on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Khepesh Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:11 pm

    auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Into all this strangeness I'm now tempted to include the "dissapearance" of Motorola and all of "Sparta". It was noticed several days ago that they had evacuated their barracks, all gone, but not much attention was paid to this at the time.

    Didn't notice and haven't a clue if it did happen.
    They were using an apartment block in Kievsky that had been evacuated by civilians long ago. Few days back it was noticed that the building was deserted.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Guest Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:11 pm

    Neutrality wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Into all this strangeness I'm now tempted to include the "dissapearance" of Motorola and all of "Sparta". It was noticed several days ago that they had evacuated their barracks, all gone, but not much attention was paid to this at the time.

    I don't get this. Are you saying they abandonned their positions?
    Maybe on the move? Perhaps tipped off by Russian SSO/GRU operators within these Ukrop establishments? They could be preparing for something from the Ukrops or the NAF could smell blood with all the infighting on the other side. I don't know....
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

    Posts : 1167
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2015-04-24
    Location : Texas

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:11 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Yatsenuk gave an interview to Associated Press in which he defends Right Sector. He puts the blame entirely on the police of Zakarpatyia, accuses them of defending the smuggling activities (i.e. total corruption) and promises that they will be brought to justice.

    Well this is getting interesting. We have Poroshenko who is against RS and the Prime Minister who is pro-RS.

    I've thought for a long time that he's an ultra-Nationalist, but could not ever find anything online about him or his parents to verify.

    Edit to add: Could it be the EU is backing Poroshenko, and the USA is backing Yatsenyuk.



    Last edited by Cowboy's daughter on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Khepesh Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:22 pm

    Uprising in Lvov taking place at this time? I don't know, I doubt it, wild rumors, interesting times......

    Edit: ignore, it's garbage from REN


    Last edited by Khepesh on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1356
    Points : 1434
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  auslander Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:27 pm

    Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Into all this strangeness I'm now tempted to include the "dissapearance" of Motorola and all of "Sparta". It was noticed several days ago that they had evacuated their barracks, all gone, but not much attention was paid to this at the time.

    Didn't notice and haven't a clue if it did happen.
    They were using an apartment block in Kievsky that had been evacuated by civilians long ago. Few days back it was noticed that the building was deserted.

    I think Motorola is down here on R&R with his wife and child, at least according to rumor. dunno
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10494
    Points : 10568
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  PapaDragon Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:27 pm

    Neutrality wrote:
    ...............................

    Pravy sector blockpost outside kiev
    Are these guys supposed to block all movements from the Ministry of Interior to Western Ukraine? What are they going to do when that happens? Start shooting eachother on the road?

    Sounds like a plan to me... oh look, my popcorn is ready lol1 Twisted Evil thumbsup
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Khepesh Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 pm

    Gorlovka has been under heavy bombardment and an assault at Maiorsk taking place. The bombardment has lessened in the last minutes but the assault on Maiorsk seems to continue. "Self Defence Gorlovka" had for a brief time two red lights glowing on the danger status, which is very bad, but now only one, which is simply bad, three red lights will be hell...
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

    Posts : 888
    Points : 906
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Neutrality Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:42 pm

    Khepesh wrote:Uprising in Lvov taking place at this time? I don't know, I doubt it, wild rumors, interesting times......

    Edit: ignore, it's garbage from REN
    It's not an uprising (yet). RS announced they have blocked the city and setup roadblocks around in order to prevent "titushki" from entering the city and causing provocations.
    avatar
    whir

    Posts : 827
    Points : 866
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  whir Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:46 pm

    From Ukrainian sources...
    Lugansk News wrote:10 military trucks with Russian Army soldiers spotted in Lugansk today!
    July 14, 2015

    Locals in Lugansk reported the concentration of military trucks with Russian Army soldiers in the city center today. At about 12:40 4 trucks with young men age 20-22 armed with AK guns stopped near Shevchenko monument on Radianska St. at these coordinates 48.568411, 39.308744 on Google Map. Later at about 14:30 6 more trucks passed by same place in the direction of Oboronna St., each truck was full with soldiers. Continue reading.
    Rolling Eyes

    Sponsored content

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 am