Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+51
TheArmenian
Khepesh
Erk
Ghoster
Cahaba
Vann7
Werewolf
KomissarBojanchev
auslander
onwiththewar
zepia
Viktor
BKP
mutantsushi
gregoire
Zivo
cracker
HeNeArKrXeRn_
VladimirSahin
jhelb
Mr.Comrade
Walther von Oldenburg
Akula971
Cowboy's daughter
Morpheus Eberhardt
Russian Patriot
etaepsilonk
max steel
par far
franco
Regular
Airbornewolf
Bolt
Pinto
Monarchist
Flagship Victory
Cyberspec
calripson
Big_Gazza
Godric
Karl Haushofer
magnumcromagnon
GarryB
2SPOOKY4U
mack8
kvs
PapaDragon
flamming_python
Rodinazombie
KoTeMoRe
sepheronx
55 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14

kvs
    kvs

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #14

Post  kvs Sun May 24, 2015 12:50 am

RIP, Mozgovoi.

Sad to hear that Lugansk is riddled with 5th columnists. But that is somehow consistent with the rest of Ukraine.
    F*cked up people who only care about their own gratification. There is a reason for the corruption and it cannot
    be cured by changing some laws or getting rid of some politicians.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #14

Post  flamming_python Sun May 24, 2015 1:02 am

etaepsilonk was banned?

For what? A few snide comments?

I've seen far worse on this forum for which people weren't even touched; never mind banning someone w/o warning.

Is this the way this place is going to go now is it? Getting rid of people whose views diverge from the mainstream here?
    I would like a mod here to give an answer on this.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 24, 2015 1:06 am

LATEST COMBAT REPORTS FROM DONBASS – 22 May 2015
    May 23, 2015 The Dissident

https://ukdissident.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/latest-combat-reports-from-donbass-22-may-2015/

UPDATE 22:00: Heavy fighting at Avdiivka, Donetsk City and Gorlovka. Ukrainian Army using 122mm and 152mm artillery — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 18:00: Near Marinka, Ukrainian Army moved around 8 to 15 BM-21 GRAD launchers — Militia, Resident Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 18:00: Fighting continues at Avdiivka, Donetsk Airport and Gorlovka. Ukrainian Army is using 122mm and 150mm artillery — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 15:00: Fighting at Gorlovka, Marinka, near Donetsk City in 2-3 districts and Donetsk airport and at Shyrokyne, Hapiness and Sahanka — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:30: Yesterday at Gorlovka was one of the most intense of the war. Ukrainian Army used all types of weapons from 122mm, 152mm artillery, NATO howitzers, mortars, APC, tanks, machine guns and small arms –Militia Source – Not Official Confirmed

UPDATE 14:30: Near Mariupol, Ukrainian Army continued the shelling of Shyrokyne. Ukrainian Forces used heavy artillery and tanks — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:00: Heavy fighting at Gorlovka, most affected areas west and south-west. Ukrainian Army used 122mm shells, tanks, machine guns, mortars and small arms — Militia, Resident Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:00: The night in Novorossiya was intense, many villages and cities were shelled by Ukrainian Forces. Huge shelling occurred outside Lugansk — Militia, Resident Source — Confirmed
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 24, 2015 1:11 am

https://ukdissident.wordpress.com/category/ukraine/

LATEST COMBAT REPORTS FROM DONBASS – 23 MAY 2015
    May 24, 2015

UPDATE 15:00 Local Time: Combat in progress at Pesky, Spartak, Gorlovka, Donetsk City (2-3 districts) Donetsk Airport, Shyrokyne and Sahanka. Heavy fighting at Gorlovka — Militia Source – Confirmed

UPDATE 14:30 Local Time: Between 45,000 and 50,000 Ukrainian Soldiers near the frontline from Mariupol to Lugansk. They have 350 to 420 tanks and 1700 to 2000 armoured personnel carriers — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:15 Local Time: Every day Ukrainian Junta is sending more troops to the frontline — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:15 Local Time: Combat in progress at Pesky. Infantry skirmishes between the Ukrainian Army and the Donetsk Militia. Ukrainian Army is using heavy artillery at Pesky; over the area at least 5 to 6 UAV reconnaissance flights sighted directing artillery batteries — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:15 Local Time: At Donetsk City, the Kyivskyi and Kuibyshevskyi districts are under intense shelling by the Ukrainian Army — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:00 Local Time: Gorlovka under intense artillery fire almost every 20 to 30 minutes. In the West and South-West side of Gorlovka, heavy fighting in progress between the Ukrainian Army and the Donetsk Militia — Militia, Resident Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:00 Local Time: Over the past day the situation in Donbass remained tense; Ukrainian Army continued the shelling on Novorossiya. Ukrainian Forces using all types of weaponry from small arms to heavy artillery, 122mm, 152mm and 155mm NATO guns — Militia Source — Confirmed
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun May 24, 2015 1:24 am

Does this mean that full scale combat is back on?

Junta has their ball in the vice, there are riots in Kiev, EU is losing taste for this mess (latest summit), Russia is about to officially ask for debt payment after "not-default" by Kiev, rebels swimming in fresh gear lately (more than usually that is),  Forprost drones in Donbass, power outage in Mariupol, West talking heads spewing random nonsense (Hollande just today, trying to cover his ass most probably), Kerry visiting Sochi, etc

Reminds me of winter in a lot of ways...

I am getting feeling that something big is about to go down, the Ukraine is simply out of options other than to restart war (and get their asses handed to them again) Twisted Evil
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun May 24, 2015 1:31 am

Thanks, Cowboy's daughter, for the sitreps; this thread needs them badly.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun May 24, 2015 1:43 am

PapaDragon wrote:Does this mean that full scale combat is back on?

Junta has their ball in the vice, there are riots in Kiev, EU is losing taste for this mess (latest summit), Russia is about to officially ask for debt payment after "not-default" by Kiev, rebels swimming in fresh gear lately (more than usually that is),  Forprost drones in Donbass, power outage in Mariupol, West talking heads spewing random nonsense (Hollande just today, trying to cover his ass most probably), Kerry visiting Sochi, etc

Reminds me of winter in a lot of ways...

I am getting feeling that something big is about to go down, the Ukraine is simply out of options other than to restart war (and get their asses handed to them again) Twisted Evil

Hopefully. Personally, I've had enough with the stalement already.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun May 24, 2015 1:45 am

flamming_python wrote:etaepsilonk was banned?

I've seen far worse on this forum for which people weren't even touched; never mind banning someone w/o warning.

Is this the way this place is going to go now is it? Getting rid of people whose views diverge from the mainstream here?

Diverging views is okay, but trolling is not. Go on any defense forum, be it American, or Chinese, or Indian, or Pakistani, repeated insults will result in ban.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun May 24, 2015 1:51 am

Flagship Victory wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:etaepsilonk was banned?

Diverging views is okay, but trolling is not. Go on any defense forum, be it American, or Chinese, or Indian, or Pakistani, repeated insults will result in ban.

He made no insults against anyone, and his level of 'trolling'; that's to say making a random non-mainstream post in a thread no more often than once a week or so - was far less than what others have and continue to get away with on this forum.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 24, 2015 2:03 am

I call BS on thé 350 tanks.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun May 24, 2015 2:05 am

Didn't You guys have said that it's gonna happen to Mozgovoy?

"Der Mohr hat seine Schuldigkeit getan, der Mohr kann gehen"

And we have people here saying shit about Putin and why he doesn't help seps as much as he can. Maybe he doesn't want to create the monster? How can You actually trust anyone there with weapons? Things are getting really sour

Last edited by Regular on Sun May 24, 2015 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun May 24, 2015 2:08 am

http://slavyangrad.org/2015/05/23/aleksey-borisovich-mozgovoy-it-is-a-gift-to-die-in-may/

Apparently he wrote it the day before... if so WOW!
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun May 24, 2015 2:14 am

flamming_python wrote:and his level of 'trolling'; that's to say making a random non-mainstream post in a thread no more often than once a week or so

He picked a bad day to troll, and he paid for it. What a Face
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sun May 24, 2015 2:47 am

I seriously hope not, the damage to Donbass infrastructure has gone on for way too long. I was hoping the putsch in Kiev would have collapsed by now, but it seems the west is hell bent on supporting their fighting even though charades like Minsk 2 seem to suggest otherwise.

Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun May 24, 2015 2:49 am

Plonitsky's statement regarding Mozgovoi's death. I quote in italics.

The attack on Alexey Mozgovoy was an attack on all of us, the head of the Lugansk People's Republic Igor Plotnitsky told the Lugansk Information Center today.

“The attack on Alexey Mozgovoy and his companions was an attack on all of us, on the people that protect the LPR’s right to exist. I grieve with all who knew Alexey Borisovich Mozgovoy, and who were his close associates. I had different views from his on political matters, but in fighting for the LPR, we stood shoulder to shoulder. Mozgovoy’s death is only beneficial for the Kiev junta; instead of moving towards peace in the framework of the Minsk accords, they seek to undermine political stability in our republics and push us on a shaky path, leading us to a new escalation of the military conflict. I order the LPR Prosecutor's General Office, the LPR Ministry of Internal Affairs, and the LPR people's militia to special care in searching for those who carried out this assassination,” – Igor Plotnitsky said.

https://www.facebook.com/TruthfromUkraine

Erk wrote:

I seriously hope not, the damage to Donbass infrastructure has gone on for way too long. I was hoping the putsch in Kiev would have collapsed by now, but it seems the west is hell bent on supporting their fighting even though charades like Minsk 2 seem to suggest otherwise.

The longer this goes on, the worse it is for everybody. NAF must make the kill, take Kiev, arrest Poroshenko, restore democracy to Ukraine. Only then would this nightmare finally end.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun May 24, 2015 3:11 am

Are You kidding me? NAF and democracy??? It's like saying IRA will free Belfast. Free Kiev from what? It's all in their head. You can say Poro took the power, but he is litterally embodies what typical Ukrainian thinks.
    Nah, let Ukrainians remove Poro themselves, let them have fun. He won't hesitate to use force and will cling to power by any means.

It seems that many Ukrainians are sick of war.
    I spoke with my ukro friends that had me previously banned because I criticized Ukraine... Now they do the same thing. No love for Russia or seps, but ukrainians slowly realise that it's not their holy war for independence, but a meatgrinder. Funny enough, they feel no remorse for people in Donbas, they care more about rising bills and economy going down the crapper.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun May 24, 2015 3:18 am

WTF is wrong with Lugansk's leadership? First it was 'Batman' and his assassination, then now Mozgovoi? I have high hopes for Donetsk, but Lungansk is completely different story, if this keeps up it'll turn into a mafia state like Albania!
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun May 24, 2015 3:29 am

I personally don't see reason why LNR exist as an quasi-independant entity no more. DNR is more successful in any aspect. Look at changes in the frontline too.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun May 24, 2015 4:33 am

There are no assassinations in DPR. At this point, I hold off claiming Polonitsky as the one responsible. As the Chinese have a good saying, there is a first time, there is a second time, there is no third time. If Dremov gets assassinated, then my opinion would be Plonitsky is the one responsible.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 24, 2015 4:46 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Thanks, Cowboy's daughter, for the sitreps; this thread needs them badly.

You're very welcome. I happened across the site. I don't know anything about it.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 24, 2015 4:49 am

I"m seeing this on twitter and on this forum

Ukraine receives, 68 British missiles "Tosp 15", which he can destroy the Russian airspace defense systems.

kramatorsk2.info/forum/index.php?topic=154.3975

Vahan Hakobian ‏at EU_PRIME 14h14 hours ago Amsterdam, North Holland

Ukraine receives, 68 British missiles "Tosp 15", which he can destroy the Russian airspace defense systems.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 14 CFsQtwpXIAErgFM
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 24, 2015 4:56 am

Roman Waschuk atWaschukCanUA · May 22

Canadian-made field hospital structure loaded and on its way to Ukraine

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 14 CFn_dNUW8AAtHaj

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:I"m seeing this on twitter and on this forum

kramatorsk2.info/forum/index.php?topic=154.3975

Vahan Hakobian ‏at EU_PRIME 14h14 hours ago Amsterdam, North Holland

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 14 CFsQtwpXIAErgFM

AFAIK this is shot range air defence system, nothing that could be useful against the rebels (no air force) and absolutely useless against RU air force. They might shoot down some drones with this thing but little more than that.

This is given to UKR to make  them feel apreciatted while they are being flushed down the toilet. Remember Saxons that UKR received? This is even less useful than those rust buckets, but they look cool so UAF does not look like complete joke.

Ukraine will not be receiving anything useful or fancy because USA &  UK do not want to see Georgian PR fiasco repeat itself (captured gear paraded on YouTube)

Also, comment about ''Russian airspace defense systems'' sound like something published for local consumption. It also makes zero sense from technical standpoint. Pep talk for canon fodder. Twisted Evil
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 24, 2015 5:52 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:https://ukdissident.wordpress.com/category/ukraine/

LATEST COMBAT REPORTS FROM DONBASS – 23 MAY 2015
    May 24, 2015

UPDATE 15:00 Local Time: Combat in progress at Pesky, Spartak, Gorlovka, Donetsk City (2-3 districts) Donetsk Airport, Shyrokyne and  Sahanka. Heavy fighting at Gorlovka — Militia Source – Confirmed

UPDATE 14:30 Local Time: Between 45,000 and 50,000 Ukrainian Soldiers near the frontline from Mariupol to Lugansk. They have 350 to 420 tanks and 1700 to 2000 armoured personnel carriers — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:15 Local Time: Every day Ukrainian Junta is sending more troops to the frontline — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:15 Local Time: Combat in progress at Pesky. Infantry skirmishes  between the Ukrainian Army and the Donetsk Militia. Ukrainian Army is using heavy artillery at Pesky; over the area at least 5 to 6 UAV reconnaissance flights sighted directing artillery batteries — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:15 Local Time: At Donetsk City, the Kyivskyi and Kuibyshevskyi districts are under intense shelling by the Ukrainian Army — Militia Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:00 Local Time: Gorlovka under intense artillery fire almost every 20 to 30 minutes. In the West and South-West side of Gorlovka, heavy fighting in progress between the Ukrainian Army and the Donetsk Militia — Militia, Resident Source — Confirmed

UPDATE 14:00 Local Time: Over the past day the situation in Donbass remained tense; Ukrainian Army continued the shelling on Novorossiya. Ukrainian Forces using all types of weaponry from small arms to heavy artillery, 122mm, 152mm and 155mm NATO guns — Militia Source — Confirmed

45K to 50K soldiers? Someone tell me how many Lugansk and Donetsk regions have in terms of manpower? If this is indeed true, they are aiming for a full scale attack.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 24, 2015 6:17 am

If 50,000 is what Kiev can deploy then it has shrunk since the last round of major fighting. They had over 60,000 last fall.
    The rebels have over 40,000 for sure. They were already around 35,000 in August of 2014.

Given the condition of the Kiev regime forces, I would not expect any success from them. I can't see NATO advisers and
    equipment transforming the regime forces into an effective army. At best they may not experience the sort of ass kicking they
    got before Minsk I and Minsk II. At best.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:59 pm