Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+98
Cheetah
miketheterrible
A1RMAN
kopyo-21
pushkin
Viktor
OminousSpudd
eridan
Pincus Shain
ahmedfire
User 1592
HM1199
DerWolf
Singular_trafo
KiloGolf
auslander
william.boutros
Luq man
mack8
hoom
Rmf
Genjurooo
SeigSoloyvov
Redboy
tanino
Project Canada
triphosgene
KoTeMoRe
jaguar_br
Zivo
BKP
AK-Rex
Neutrality
Big_Gazza
artjomh
Sunbeam
Firebird
Vann7
Akula971
Isos
zg18
RTN
ult
Kimppis
x_54_u43
vultur
Hachimoto
TheArmenian
Berkut
JohninMK
marcellogo
Austin
Glyph
Mindstorm
VladimirSahin
GJ Flanker
mutantsushi
Pinto
havok
Mike E
kvs
par far
Cyrus the great
PapaDragon
chicken
max steel
Captain Nemo
Notio
franco
nemrod
magnumcromagnon
Cyberspec
Manov
2SPOOKY4U
Kyo
Morpheus Eberhardt
zepia
medo
Book.
GunshipDemocracy
Svyatoslavich
Flanky
wilhelm
Ranxerox71
collegeboy16
higurashihougi
George1
EKS
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
Werewolf
victor1985
jhelb
flamming_python
GarryB
sepheronx
Alex555
type055
102 posters

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3

Zivo
    Zivo

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: PAK-FA, T-50: News #3

Post  Zivo Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:23 pm

triphosgene wrote:Most publicly known RAM coating are based on mixed metal oxides as the absorbers. Their iron content and/or particle size influence the color that can go from neutral dark grey to quite reddish grey.
    The materals often lack mechanical resistance as their functionality favours very high absorber concentration and subsequently low binder content.

Here's T-50-7 from a while back.

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 4137799
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:41 pm

PapaDragon wrote:PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 184433

kinda OT but I had to ask, I noticed the Russian AF is still using the tri-color star roundel on their aircraft, but isnt it that it was made official that the roundel be reverted back to the soviet Red star?

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 100px-URSS-Russian_aviation_red_star.svg
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:59 pm

Zivo wrote:
    triphosgene wrote:Most publicly known RAM coating are based on mixed metal oxides as the absorbers. Their iron content and/or particle size influence the color that can go from neutral dark grey to quite reddish grey.
    The materals often lack mechanical resistance as their functionality favours very high absorber concentration and subsequently low binder content.

Great find!!! thumbsup

Engines totally covered, that should make some morons finally STFU.

Although I do hope Sukhoi gets new assembly plant built. I know it gets the job done but it looks kinda depressing.... Neutral
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:44 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Zivo wrote:

Great find!!! thumbsup

Engines totally covered, that should make some morons finally STFU.

Although I do hope Sukhoi gets new assembly plant built. I know it gets the job done but it looks kinda depressing.... Neutral

I think you are underestimating peoples knowledge or hardliners hate/superiority komplex.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 am

PapaDragon wrote:

And thats one of my major complains about the Russia defense Industry.
    They still today , after 2 decades living under capitalism ,do not understand how important
    is for the nation to project an image of being a high developed industrial nation . Even if that is a lie and not true or not.. Presentation is very important.  When you have your most advanced plane being made in a dirty warehouse that looks like from the soviet times , then Russia is sending the wrong image to the world. It even invite jokes about the quality of their military.. and see jokes about the quality of Russia military many times. and Put into question the quality controls of Russia industry.  I could understand Russia economy is not there yet
    to modernize all its industry.. but if that is the case. they SHOULD NOT show photos then..
    of any of their assembly lines ,that put into question the quality controls of Russia industry.

I mean things like this are not only shameful

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/algeria-returns-faulty-mig-29s-221771/

but totally give second thoughts of potential buyers of Russian military hardware.

How can Russia send planes in poor quality state to their clients? That can only happen
    in third world nations. People that have no clue of what they doing ,no supervision ,no
    quality controls.

To have modern facilities in a clean environment all those things could at times be the
    difference in sealing a deal. Or the difference in the clients buying a dozen more or less planes.
    There have to be a reason why Russia have failed miserably to sell sukhois in Latin America ,
    when those are much better than the American alternative.  Russia offered Su-35 and
    even Pak-fa transfer of technology to Brazil..and what they did? they ordered
    Saab Gripen..

Look the facilities of the saab Gripen ,such modern place with all clean.
    It tells about how serious they are about quality control..

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 BN-FF473_1027sa_P_20141027100837

The failure of Russia to sell their superior sukhois planes in the west , is more a
    quality control ,presentation problem.. that do not know how to advertise their combat planes
    and how to project an image of top of the line quality ,with the very poor state of their military industries.

F-22 assembly line..

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 3209316519_8ee748de89_b

white floors..  Laughing
    Should be a janitors nightmare ,and looks really modern.
    So spacey , so organized and an ideal environment to keep quality
    controls very high. If a screw ,a bolt of any electronic part was ignored ,it will be easily noticed on the floor with such organized and clean place.

Look the presentation of Saab Gripen ,how they are advertised..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vl8Uah1Exk

The Pak-fa plane will be the very best plane in the world.. i have no doubts about it..
    but Russia will lose many sales . IF they continue sending a bad image about poor quality controls  . if they do not know how to advertise their planes or how to present them. .and continues not caring about the quality state of their defense industry. or doing things just because it works.. but not caring  about the presentation. ie. How it looks.. do it look modern? or looks like a plane done in a soviet garage? or looks unfinished? Not stealthy enough?  Looks and propaganda is also important in sales but also in deterrence too. How you present your technology and the state of your facilities can be the difference of making a big sale or not. After all the people who take the final decisions of whether they will buy a combat plane or not.. is not the military.. but the Leaders of countries , the politicians that are not military experts and could be mislead to buy  a plane only because of its good presentation and not because its actual capabilities. No  

Again Pak-fa is a superior plane than F-22.. but Russia will need to pay attention at how the present their technology and the quality of their facilities if they want to really dominate the market of next generation planes.
    Berkut
    Berkut

Post  Berkut Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:49 am

PapaDragon wrote:Although I do hope Sukhoi gets new assembly plant built. I know it gets the job done but it looks kinda depressing.... Neutral

Uh. You people think that is the "assembly plant". Uhhh. How to break this down - it isn't. It is a static frame in Moscow, about 9000km away from where T-50's are assembled...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Berkut wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Although I do hope Sukhoi gets new assembly plant built. I know it gets the job done but it looks kinda depressing.... Neutral

Uh. You people think that is the "assembly plant". Uhhh. How to break this down - it isn't. It is a static frame in Moscow, about 9000km away from where T-50's are assembled...

I did use wrong word here, I should have said ''facility''. Was in a hurry. Thanks for the info. This place is obviously too tiny to be assembly plant for anything.

But a change in interior colors would be nice. Blue/white combo should do wonders, just look at Vostochni Spaceport, they use it there and it looks majestic.

Nothing to do with plane, just a photo/ad tip. thumbsup
    ult

Post  ult Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Berkut wrote:

^ This.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Rogozin: we are working on the creation of the engine for the fighter T-50

MOSCOW, 2 Mar — RIA Novosti. The main efforts of the military-industrial complex associated with the creation of a fifth generation fighter T-50 (Promising aviation complex tactical aircraft, PAK FA), now focused on making the new standard engine for the fighter, said Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on Wednesday in the meeting on development of military aviation.
    Multipurpose fifth-generation fighter T-50 in Zhukovsky. Archive photo.

"Prospective airborne complex of frontline aviation T-50, in fact the plane flying. Now the work of designers above the plane of the second stage: we are waiting for the engine" — said Rogozin. Earlier it was reported that already conducted flight tests of the order of 10 fighters PAK FA flying on the engines of the previous generation.

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160302/1383049284.html#ixzz41lJRW2su

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 1011496262

RTOS *  for the fifth-generation fighter T-50 created in Russia

MOSCOW, 2 Mar — RIA Novosti. RTOS *  for the fifth-generation fighter T-50 (Promising aviation complex tactical aircraft, PAK FA), which can also be installed on the su-35S and unmanned aerial vehicles produced in Russia.

Fiscal Times: F-35 the US is mired in issues, the T-50 of Russia goes forward
    The development was presented Wednesday at the Joint design Bureau Sukhoi behalf of the delegation Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin. The enterprise also visited the chief of the Russian aerospace defence forces Colonel-General Viktor Bondarev and the General Director of "Sukhoi" Igor Ozar.
    According to Ozar, the new RTOS  will be implemented on the PAK FA in 2016 and 2017 on the drones.
    "We hope that it will be implemented on other aircraft," — said the representative of the enterprise delegation.
    He also presented Rogozin new operating system designed specifically for domestic aircraft.

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160302/1382896776.html#ixzz41lK6bo7f

*RTOS =  In Russian original wa sused name Информационно-управляющая система (ИУС). The auto-translation MIS is not correct according to definition  in Russian wiki, closest to this would be RTOS

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Информационно-управляющая_система
    tanino

Post  tanino Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:44 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

The Pak-fa plane will be the very best plane in the world.. i have no doubts about it..
    but Russia will lose many sales . IF they continue sending a bad image about poor quality controls  . if they do not know how to advertise their planes or how to present them. .and continues not caring about the quality state of their defense industry. or doing things just because it works.. but not caring  about the presentation. ie. How it looks.. do it look modern? or looks like a plane done in a soviet garage? or looks unfinished? Not stealthy enough?  Looks and propaganda is also important in sales but also in deterrence too. How you present your technology and the state of your facilities can be the difference of making a big sale or not. After all the people who take the final decisions of whether they will buy a combat plane or not.. is not the military.. but the Leaders of countries , the politicians that are not military experts and could be mislead to buy  a plane only because of its good presentation and not because its actual capabilities. No  

Again Pak-fa is a superior plane than F-22.. but Russia will need to pay attention at how the present their technology and the quality of their facilities if they want to really dominate the market of next generation planes.

I'm Italian, (where the presentation is important), you're right fully. Bravo.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:00 am

Is it true that the T-50, which can reach Mach 4 in seconds, will also carry anti-ship bombs capable of hitting maritime targets over 150 miles away and will have storage space in its fuselage so that the aircraft can fly sorties without appearing armed ?

source : http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/03/02/Move-Over-F-35-Russia-Has-Raised-Stakes-Next-Generation-Fighters
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 am

You continue on about quality control and appearance...

Back it up with real facts please.

If bad quality control leads to crashes and that perfect quality control would mean no crashes at all then explain why western military aircraft crash when they seem to have perfect quality control according to you.

If US F-22 aircraft are so damn perfect and look so pretty in aesthetically pleasing assembly plants why are they no longer in production and for sale to no one?

You keep talking about Russia doing something about its image when its image in the west is controlled by the western media and no matter what Russia does they are never going to give Russia a break.

Fortunately for Russia the rest of the world is waking up and realising the narrative from the western media is not based in reality but western interests, which benefit from pushing down potential rivals... most countries will come to realise that the west pushes down Russia because they push down any up and coming country and if that country wants to progress then it is only a matter of time before they get big enough to represent a real threat and become the focus of western attention too... and they soon will realise that their best option for the future to get better and become more than they are is to not hitch your wagon to the west that will only let you get so far and then stop you... it makes more sense to trade and get on with the rest of the planet and determine your own growth rate and level.

You say that Russia will never be accepted by the west until it is a carbon copy of the west... I say the west will never accept Russia unless it becomes a subservient resource to feed the western machine, and that Russias best chance at a reasonable future is without the west telling her right from wrong, and judging her by western standards... standards the west never lives up to herself.

Is it true that the T-50, which can reach Mach 4 in seconds, will also carry anti-ship bombs capable of hitting maritime targets over 150 miles away and will have storage space in its fuselage so that the aircraft can fly sorties without appearing armed ?

Come on Max... only an SA-19 Grison missile can get to that speed in that time... it would take minutes to get to supersonic and it wont go much past mach 2 at top speed I suspect. With its new engines it might get to mach 2.3 or 2.4, but it would take time and a lot of fuel to do so.

the internal weapon bays would be able to carry 150 mile range models of the Kh-31 and with the weapon bays closed you would not be able to tell from the outside if it was armed or not.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:50 am

GarryB wrote:

Come on Max... only an SA-19 Grison missile can get to that speed in that time... it would take minutes to get to supersonic and it wont go much past mach 2 at top speed I suspect. With its new engines it might get to mach 2.3 or 2.4, but it would take time and a lot of fuel to do so.

the internal weapon bays would be able to carry 150 mile range models of the Kh-31 and with the weapon bays closed you would not be able to tell from the outside if it was armed or not.

Thought so, media as usual writing crap with poor to no prior military knowledge.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:29 pm

GarryB wrote:
    You say that Russia will never be accepted by the west until it is a carbon copy of the west... I say the west will never accept Russia unless it becomes a subservient resource to feed the western machine, and that Russias best chance at a reasonable future is without the west telling her right from wrong, and judging her by western standards... standards the west never lives up to herself.

Bingo. Truer words were never spoken.....

The failure of the 90s project to render Russia into a compliant satrap has failed due largely to the arrival of Putin and his team. This is the REAL reason why Putin is hated by our Deep State ruling-elite circle-jerkers...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:11 am

The amusing thing is that in the mid 90s I remember a few europeans fearing that the Russians might get too friendly with Japan, who used to have a very powerful aircraft industry and that with Japanese management and money that Russia could become the basis for a new rise in power for Japan with Russian aerospace technology.... and of course we all know the wests greatest fears are founded in its own desires... it was thinking about all this trained and educated cheap labour in the east that could be exploited for their own benefit but the main threat was that another entity might get in on the act first and spoil everything.

Of course their own selfish actions really did spoil everything... instead of treating Russia like a friend they treated them like a loser and lost any possibility that they could partner Russia back to a strong position as a powerful ally... but they kept them as an enemy and supported any opposition to Russia... they kept them out of the international community where ever they could and just generally tried to stifle their way back from collapse.

the result is that Russia not only does not feel it owes the west anything but now realises that the west is a stumbling block to a good future for Russia.

Of course the west is not a single monoblock, but France has shown its true colours, just like Turkey has so any future relations will never be what they could have been.

Wasted opportunities...

Of course I don't see things getting any better with Trump or Hilary... of course if Hilary wins I hope Putin starts smoking Cigars... preferably Cubans... would love to see him offer her one... Hahahaha
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

I see the jokes all the time Garry about Russian quality of their military.
    that is not the way you can send a message for Russia ,that is a capable nation.
    If you have runways with holes , grass not cut , and facilities rusty and dirty , what kind of message you are sending?  

Again.. this is not about REAL capabilities of the hardware.  
    But is all about Sales.. Russia will lose a lot of sales if they do not pay attention to
    how they advertise their military hardware.  and the quality controls they project.

[b]If a country is not decided to which plane to buy..and only want to buy it for nation image..for parades.. you know military needs new weapons from time to time to lift morale..
    but notices Russian planes crash every week.. and the appearance and state of their facilities and quality controls on their industry looks very bad. then which plane you think they will buy in the end?

they will play the safer bet.. that is to buy European and american planes.. even if they are a bit less capable .. because at least they will have assurance the planes will work and the service to the planes and quality controls will be top class .

There is nothing more shameful for a politicians ,that the military hardware ,the millions he spend buying a tank or plane ,that they break withing a month. it could cost his position or major storm in the media by the opposition , if he waster hundreds of millions in things that do not work or have poor quality and breaks.

F-16s sells like hotcakes , and Saab Gripens steal the show of  Su-35 sales..
    and that should not be that way.. and the only reason i see it happens is because
    American and Europeans do have a superior quality controls ,that Russia. yes the F-22
    and F-35 have technology problems ,but those are design issues .not quality control problem.

Russia is losing sales in miltary hardware for showing not a lot of care about the quality of its facilities or its military. and the record of Russia in airplane crashes is really bad. Worse than any other nation in the world. Americans have close to 10x times more combat planes than Russia. and do more flights than Russia in peace times ,and do not have as many accident as them. I live in the west and is rare to see news of an F-16 crashing or F-15 operated by americans in a non war zone. but Russia lose a mig or sukhjoi and all its pilots killed almost every month.. so quality controls of Russia are really bad.  And by looking how much attention they give to its facilities is not surprising.

Fortunately not all Russia industry is that way.. their space industry is top quality , and
    Almaz Antei too.. but those are a minority . not the standard in Russia.
    again im speaking about Marketing and sales and quality controls and presentation .that is modern facilities. not about military capabilities. If Russia had no plans to sell their sukhoi or migs ,then none of this matter. but they do..

Go garry watch this video from minute 8:00  to 12:00

even though is a video of the 90s.. and Russia have done improvements ,still not
    enough. it shows the differences between US and Russia quality controls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvygXZvoQEE

Quality controls is really important.. and already have show you examples of Russia
    Losing Money for being so careless ,so lame and disorganized with the quality controls of their
    planes. Losing millions of dollars because of sending dirty poor quality planes to algeria?  Hopefully this will change with Pak-fa .but im not crossing my fingers. the soviet thinking needs to go. the soviet union thinking needs to end ,of if its works then is good enough. instead of the capitalism thinking that things needs to be perfect not only in functionality ,but also in quality.  The design issues of F-22 and F-35 is a different thing. not related with quality controls.
    Russia will have not a chance to sell sukhois or migs in the west ,if they do things in the soviet
    way. other than very leftist nations that have no choice.The performance of Russia military sales in latin america have been abysmal low ,and it is mostly because of the poor state of Russian defense industry. quality controls and their delays on delivering things fast and on time. this is called in the west Bad service and poor quality controls. Hopefully Russia will fix that.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:08 am

I see the jokes all the time Garry about Russian quality of their military.

And I see jokes about the Irish being drunks and getting into fights all the time and being lazy... sometimes that is true and sometimes it is not.

I suspect the people you hear the jokes from are fucking perfect and never make mistakes themselves... I don't like people who never make mistakes, because everyone makes mistakes... they are just pretending to be perfect.

They are liars... so what do you care what they think?

that is not the way you can send a message for Russia ,that is a capable nation.
    If you have runways with holes , grass not cut , and facilities rusty and dirty , what kind of message you are sending?

Listen to yourself... runways with holes... uncut grass... god forbid they have unwashed dishes in their sink too from last night... how can they have invented the periodic table... how could they make weapons every bit as lethal as the ones the US make with their empty sinks and clean dishes in their cupboards where they are supposed to be...
    It is very simple... you don't need to be some anal clean freak to be successful or capable.

Again.. this is not about REAL capabilities of the hardware.
    But is all about Sales.. Russia will lose a lot of sales if they do not pay attention to
    how they advertise their military hardware. and the quality controls they project.

Russia doesn't sell weapons to countries that care about image. Half the countries Russia sells to buy them because no one else will sell the same to them, half the countries buy Russian because they can't afford the same stuff from western sources, another half by Russian stuff because they are used to Soviet stuff and western stuff does not fit them, and another half buy from Russia because there are no strings attached and they can't get what they want from anyone else for any price.

Another half buy from Russia because they now know that when asked Russia is a country that can actually do more than just use a veto in the UN, or speak up to the US in a way no small country can.

What talks more than cut grass and painted buildings is polite professional men who can perform a very difficult task in the Crimea without bloodshed... even the much vaunted NATO soldiers are not that good at such semi policing roles as seen in various shall we say indiscretions and embarrassing incidents in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The professional actions in Syria has wowed the west where they did things only the US could do previously and from what I have seen done rather better than the US ever did in similar circumstances.

They don't have unlimited resources and money, so not cutting the grass at every single airfield is not only not a bad thing in my opinion... I actually think it is a good thing they are not wasting money and resources on cosmetic things when core things need funding first.

but notices Russian planes crash every week.. and the appearance and state of their facilities and quality controls on their industry looks very bad. then which plane you think they will buy in the end?

US planes actually crash rather more often, but that has no effect on sales. At the end they will buy the plane they were planning to buy in the first place before the testing and training and evaluation is complete.

[qutoe]hey will play the safer bet.. that is to buy European and american planes.. even if they are a bit less capable .. because at least they will have assurance the planes will work and the service to the planes and quality controls will be top class .[/quote]

Safer bet my ass. they will buy from the company that supplies the best hookers or has a NSA spying on all electronic transmissions that include video of married judges deciding which aircraft to buy with hookers. Or do you think they will buy what is best for their military... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

There is nothing more shameful for a politicians ,that the military hardware ,the millions he spend buying a tank or plane ,that they break withing a month. it could cost his position or major storm in the media by the opposition , if he waster hundreds of millions in things that do not work or have poor quality and breaks.

You are kidding right?

If there are problems with systems they don't usually appear for a 5 or 10 year period so you can guarantee you wont be in power when the faecal matter hits the blades. Blame someone else and hide where all the money went that went into your overseas accounts.

F-16s sells like hotcakes , and Saab Gripens steal the show of Su-35 sales..
    and that should not be that way.. and the only reason i see it happens is because
    American and Europeans do have a superior quality controls ,that Russia. yes the F-22
    and F-35 have technology problems ,but those are design issues .not quality control problem.

F-16s are normally donated, or are a gift that cannot be refused... and must be paid for. After eastern europe joined NATO and the EU it would not matter what the planes Russia offered it was always going to be F-16s second hand because they can't afford anything better.

Russia is losing sales in miltary hardware for showing not a lot of care about the quality of its facilities or its military. and the record of Russia in airplane crashes is really bad. Worse than any other nation in the world. Americans have close to 10x times more combat planes than Russia. and do more flights than Russia in peace times ,and do not have as many accident as them. I live in the west and is rare to see news of an F-16 crashing or F-15 operated by americans in a non war zone. but Russia lose a mig or sukhjoi and all its pilots killed almost every month.. so quality controls of Russia are really bad. And by looking how much attention they give to its facilities is not surprising.

Post that evidence please.

BTW you are watching WESTERN NEWS. I was watching the homo news the other day and they said that a heterosexual lifestyle is harmful... I guess that must be true.

again im speaking about Marketing and sales and quality controls and presentation .that is modern facilities. not about military capabilities. If Russia had no plans to sell their sukhoi or migs ,then none of this matter. but they do..

If you are talking about sales and marketing and presentation then WTF does quality control have to do with it?

the soviet union thinking needs to end ,of if its works then is good enough. instead of the capitalism thinking that things needs to be perfect not only in functionality ,but also in quality.

Yeah... because a communist does not care about anyone but himself... he has no pride and just turns up to work... doesn't work very hard... and then goes home to things he doesn't deserve. An All American perfect prick on the other hand has to work 40 hours a day and he does it for his family and his country and for fucking apple pie. Everything must be perfect and he even cleans up afterwards so everything is neat and shiny... and that is how an American got into space first.

There was nothing wrong with Soviet quality control, and no I am not wasting my time watching your video... I have seen plenty of such videos in the past... like the poor innocent Afghans in the 1980s heroicly fighting off the Soviet horde on their own... they don't know what they will do with the peace they will have when the Soviets leave but they know things will be so much better.... this is some prick reporting for CNN news report.

Russia will have not a chance to sell sukhois or migs in the west ,if they do things in the soviet

WTF would Russia sell weapons to its enemies? I can guarantee the US would love to buy a battery of S-400 and S-500 SAMs... but only one battery. They could do with a long range SAM that actually did a good job and was not as expensive as the crap they have now.

other than very leftist nations that have no choice.

Leftist nations could easily buy from China.... and some do.

The performance of Russia military sales in latin america have been abysmal low ,and it is mostly because of the poor state of Russian defense industry. quality controls and their delays on delivering things fast and on time. this is called in the west Bad service and poor quality controls. Hopefully Russia will fix that.

What delays? What problems? Most countries who have problems with Russian deliveries are either under sanction or don't plan their spares support pool properly. If they don't want to spend money and buy a reserve of spare parts, and just want to save money and buy them when they need them then that is their problem... not Russias.

The biggest support problems occured with countries buying from third parties on the cheap. If you buy cheap aircraft from the stocks of an airforce that operates it but do not buy spares don't expect the maker of the aircraft to instantly sell you spare parts. If you don't buy a porche from a porche dealer don't expect mates rates on parts. If you spend a little extra and buy from the dealer and get a deal on future purchases on parts then you don't have those sorts of problems.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:16 am

Vann, you're assuming Western and Western aligned nations have independent MICs... they don't, to be quite frank.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Первый летный прототип двигателя второго этапа «изделие 30» для ПАК ФА находится в производстве
    T50 the Type 30 engine producion now

According to the chief designer - Director engine-OKB. A.Lyulki (a branch of the Ufa Engine Plant) Eugene Marchukova, the first flight of the T-50 (Sukhoi PAK FA) with the "engine of the second stage" will be held in late 2017 or early 2018, with machine T-50 It will be used as a flying laboratory.

According E.Marchukova prototype "of the second stage engine" for the T-50 is in production and is being tested on the stand of the inner loop of this promising turbofans. Ground test demonstrator engine will begin this summer. According to its characteristics "article 30" will exceed the set is now on the T-50 engine "product 117" (AL-41F1) by 15-20%. Features of the power plant increased due to a sharp improvement in the operating cycle parameters efficiency units, new construction materials is significantly reduced specific fuel consumption (not only in cruising mode but also in the afterburner mode), and others.

According to the developers, the number of components in the high-pressure compressor (HPC) "product 30" reduced by almost half compared to the previous stage of the compressor motor (AL-41F1), while providing a significant increase in work at one stage. The cost of manufacturing such a compressor will not exceed the production of the fourth generation of HPC cost of the engine (the AL-41F1) subject to the application of new materials and technologies. The new engine for T-50 (PAK FA) composites are used, which are constructed not only in a polymer matrix to the cold side, as well as details of the compositions formed from high temperature.

KB-integrator for engine development "article 30" is a branch of PJSC "Ufa Engine Industrial Association" (UMPO) - OKB. A.Lyulki. In co-operation to create a "product 30" also involved the Moscow JSC "NTC Gas Turbine" Salute "and JSC" NPP "Motor" (Ufa). Also involved in the work of experts Rybinsk NPO "Saturn", included in the PJSC "United Engine Building Corporation". The lead manufacturer serial "engines of the second stage of the" T-50 defined UMPO.

http://zhukvesti.info/articles/detail/38421/
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:56 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:Vann, you're assuming Western and Western aligned nations have independent MICs... they don't, to be quite frank.
    +1 Germany's MIC is kept splitted aswell French to assure dependends on each other and keep NATO dogs on a leash.
    Redboy
    Redboy

Post  Redboy Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:23 pm

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 Cd8nfh10
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:07 am

Werewolf wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:Vann, you're assuming Western and Western aligned nations have independent MICs... they don't, to be quite frank.
    +1 Germany's MIC is kept splitted aswell French to assure dependends on each other and keep NATO dogs on a leash.

Interesting you should mention this, Airbus plans to sell off it's military electronics division to.......a US based private equity fund:

Airbus sells Defence Electronics

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:46 pm

KRET started production of a new generation of aircraft radar

x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:48 am

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 30 14585710
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:09 pm

IBM HAS CREATED A NEW ELECTRONIC SYSTEM FOR FIGHTER OF THE 5TH GENERATION

August 27, 2014
    Federal research and production center of JSC "NPP "Flight" (part of "United instrument-making Corporation" rostec) has developed a new communications system (CCS) C-111 and integrated antenna-feeder system for the 5th generation fighter T-50.

The new systems significantly improve the quality of aviation links, drastically reduce the radar signature of the aircraft and have the versatility – can be used also on aircraft of various types, including helicopters KA-52 "alligator".

"C-111 is fundamentally different from all previous developments in their technical characteristics, - said General Director of "United instrument manufacturing Corporation" Alexander Yakunin, and enables aircraft to rapidly obtain information during all phases of flight and in all combat actions. For the implementation of these characteristics are used in the batch exchange of data in digital form, broadband radio channels, new methods of dealing with obstacles in order to increase the range and quality of communication".

According to the developers, s-111 is in no way inferior to modern foreign counterparts, and in some parameters exceeds them. In this complex for the first time solved the problem of transmitting large volumes of information between aircraft within the group in real time (voice, video, data and SART security cameras) through the use of the SMV range of radio channels, which transmit information at speeds of up to 34.3 Mbit/s.

The communications system has a fully digital open architecture. The reprogrammable platform enables storage and recording of various algorithms. The software allows to realize the functions previously performed only at the hardware level using separate products.

The principle of modularity of the s-111 system allows us to increase the number of channels and volume of performed functions, extending the list of implemented modes and allows to use the communication system on any aircraft, including helicopters (Mi-28NM, Ka-50, Ka-52, Ka-62, and PSV), the aircraft of the military transport aircraft (Il-76, Il-112, An-124, and PAK VTA), fighter and tactical aircraft (T-50, MiG-31, su-34), long-range aviation (Tu-22М3М, Tu-160M, PAK DA), and drones of various classes.

"The same principles already developed helicopter modification of the communication system s-403-1 for "Alligator" Ka-52, - said the General Director of NPP "Flight" Alexander komyakov, inter - Agency testing of the s-403-1 will be held before the end of 2014. Currently the company is preparing for mass production of these complexes and in the case of a contract ready to put Arseniev aircraft company "Progress" 158 communications systems through 2020. The ending of the test system C-111 fighter T-50 is scheduled for 2015, and then begin serial production at the facilities of our company".

The specialists of NPP "Flight" was also created for the fighter T-50 and Ka-52 integrated antenna systems, which allow several times to reduce the radar signature of the aircraft by reducing the number of antennas and reduce the total effective surface scattering.

"Now all subsystems in the aircraft equipment have their own antennas. The number of antennas on one aircraft could reach several tens. This greatly increases the radio signature as well as increases the cost and complexity of the object. Antenna-feeder system of new generation developed by the "SPE "Flight", allows you to combine the antenna for transceiving equipment for various purposes (communication, navigation, identification, etc.) to minimize the number of antenna devices. They are embedded in the fuselage shell, which is protected radiotransparent coating that reduces aerodynamic drag and reduces the radar signature of the aircraft," – said Alexey komyakov.

Source
    http://komnedra.ru/novost/reg/14-08-27/opk-sozdala-novye-radioelektronnye-sistemy-dlya-istrebitelya-5-pokoleniya

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:17 am