Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+44
miketheterrible
thegopnik
lyle6
Scorpius
SeigSoloyvov
The-thing-next-door
Kimppis
xeno
HUNTER VZLA
syunsan
Walther von Oldenburg
DTA
Boshoed
PapaDragon
max steel
Arctic_Fox
Sunbeam
Vann7
Book.
2SPOOKY4U
Regular
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Zivo
collegeboy16
flamming_python
Manov
VladimirSahin
Morpheus Eberhardt
As Sa'iqa
CosPetia
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
Mike E
Werewolf
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Admin
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
48 posters

Video Games Thread

TR1
    TR1

Video Games Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  TR1 Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:07 am

Hmmm.

I am getting to the point where I need to replay Stalker SOC again.

That foliage looks amazing.
    Last time I replayed Stalker was with the Complete 2009 mod- looked and ran great on my rig.
    I was gonna wait till one of those crazy Russian mods with dynamic puddles and other cool technical shit came out, but LostAlpha may have to come first.

Re teh puddles:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution/videos/dynamic-puddles-test
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:22 am

There is currently being in works from Russian groups: OGSE and Phantoms Zone that looks really pretty/promising.

Phantoms Zone: http://www.moddb.com/mods/phantoms-zone

OGSE: http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 pm

i was not sure to post this in the millitary multimedia thread or here, obviously i chose to post it here for its "ace combat" feeling to it. not realistic at all,...yet very entertaining Wink.

Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 am

Well it's not a video game....but that's fine by me anyway. 

I've been playing Alien: Isolation for the past few weeks. It's very entertaining and yes, even scary at times. I'd recommend to anyone when it goes on sale (picked up my copy for $12)
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:51 am

Mike E wrote:Well it's not a video game....but that's fine by me anyway. 

I've been playing Alien: Isolation for the past few weeks. It's very entertaining and yes, even scary at times. I'd recommend to anyone when it goes on sale (picked up my copy for $12)

I got that game for 12.49 € when it was on sale, definitley worth the money, the only issue i have with it as a huge Alien (Xenomorph) fan, is that it walks straight up which is against the entire concept of the Xenomorph since it was used from H.R. Giger to be as alien as possible, not to resemble anything humans know, that is also why it has no eyes and walks like a creature not like a humanoid.

Thinking about playing that again, thanks to you. Razz
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:11 am

It ain't perfectly a model of the original Xenomorph for sure, but the game as a whole is very relatable to the movies. 

AFAIK it walks on both 4 & 2 legs in the first movie, I'd have to remember. At the very least the Xeno walks like a creature in the vents, not a good sight to behold.  Laughing

The main reason I got this game (besides being a fellow Alien geek) is its' mechanics for sure... The game applies a scent to Ripley (you as the player, obviously) that becomes more intense the the Xeno over time, so basically staying in a locker or lurking in a room for a long period of time will lead to you death....  Twisted Evil Or just how the whole sound thing works, I find that pretty cool. And finally, is how the game actively renders him (not physically) in the vents when say, you're dealing with the Synthetics or something. He's always there, just waiting to strike based on your scent and sound. That's also why you can hear faint noises in the vents around you, because he's moving around inside... 

I just can't wait for the next Alien movie. The District 9 director will be doing it, and he is claiming that the game will inspire elements of the movie. I'm excited because IMHO the game has great visuals, acoustics, and a solid storyline. I'd like to see it made in to a movie by itself, actually.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:18 am

What i've heared is that Ridley Scott himself wanted to make a movie based on the original homeplanet of the Xenomorphs and Prometheus 2 to fuse the storylane more together with Space Jockeys, humans and xenomorphs. I do really like Ridley scotts work, i am usually someone who is offended when hearing about a different regiseur doing that job, because i am a hardcore fan and i don't want to see that franchise being butchered like Alien Colonial Marines.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:34 am

Werewolf wrote:What i've heared is that Ridley Scott himself wanted to make a movie based on the original homeplanet of the Xenomorphs and Prometheus 2 to fuse the storylane more together with Space Jockeys, humans and xenomorphs. I do really like Ridley scotts work, i am usually someone who is offended when hearing about a different regiseur doing that job, because i am a hardcore fan and i don't want to see that franchise being butchered like Alien Colonial Marines.
    AFAIK Scott be will an executive director/producer to the film. He couldn't direct Prometheus 2 and Alien 5 at the same time, hence the need for Blomkamp. - I thought he did good with Chappie, and am excited to see Alien 5...

Isolation was done by a completely new set of game devs, and it turned out a billion times better than Colonial Marines, I wouldn't be worried.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:43 am

Mike E wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:What i've heared is that Ridley Scott himself wanted to make a movie based on the original homeplanet of the Xenomorphs and Prometheus 2 to fuse the storylane more together with Space Jockeys, humans and xenomorphs. I do really like Ridley scotts work, i am usually someone who is offended when hearing about a different regiseur doing that job, because i am a hardcore fan and i don't want to see that franchise being butchered like Alien Colonial Marines.
    AFAIK Scott be will an executive director/producer to the film. He couldn't direct Prometheus 2 and Alien 5 at the same time, hence the need for Blomkamp. - I thought he did good with Chappie, and am excited to see Alien 5...

Isolation was done by a completely new set of game devs, and it turned out a billion times better than Colonial Marines, I wouldn't be worried.

Yes, but that was really necessary since they just tried to milk on the Alien franchise with Colonial Marines, just a major screw up. The Alien resurrection was similiar, it just was an Action Sci-Fi nothing Horror anymore, they did not even try to keep the Xenomorph Xeno, because that is biggest aspect of horror movies the own imagination, they just formed it into purely and poorly made action movie, i liked it as a kid because of the nice pictures of the xenomorph but today i dislike it because it has nothing of the previous movies. Prometheus had at least brought back that feeling of a horror sci-fi, not the best but it did a lot of things good despite being a movie with lot of critics.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Mon May 04, 2015 4:06 pm

sepheronx wrote:STALKER: Lost Alpha

Just so you guys know, this is completely free and legit so in other words, no, you are not stealing.  Why? Permission since the company is barely functioning and STALKER name is no longer a closed IP.  I believe the whole source code for the game was released along with the beta/alphas.

What this is, is the full game of what STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl was supposed to be.

Download is at top of post in Moddb site.
    awesome game - thanks for the heads-up. Smile
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri May 22, 2015 9:59 pm

Five Night at Freddy's. an indie horror game.

if you do not have played this game yourself,  you do not even know how paranoid "foxy" makes you.

this game revolves around surviving untill 6 AM as an security gaurd. i have been cash-strapped in the past, but nowhere near enough to take an job as the guy in this game.

there are four "haunted" animatronics with an drive for killing you, that they do in an jumpscare in your face. Foxy is somewhat both of an fan-hero and biggest nightmare to players.

where as his other three "friends" are okay to deal with, this jerk manages to send you into panic mode when he's no longer standing there. as it probably means he's in your face in the next few seconds and running down the hallway to your office.

its an good game that screws with your paranoia and reasoning for a few dollars/euro's on Steam. do not let the animatronic theme fool you. its one thing seeing someone play, a total other thing when playing yourself. more horror than all resident evil's combined i guarantee.

Video Games Thread - Page 6 Qbjasc10
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 26, 2015 12:31 am

http://sputniknews.com/science/20150525/1022546143.html

Oh look, the Pollaks at it!

I guess it is fair for a Russian game developer to make a game about the Polish presidents plane crash.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue May 26, 2015 1:05 am

sepheronx wrote:http://sputniknews.com/science/20150525/1022546143.html

I guess it is fair for a Russian game developer to make a game about the Polish presidents plane crash.

Yes under the "trailer video" on YT people are already making such suggestions for them to make 911 survival simulator inside twin towers, or Plane crash simulator of Kazynski's plane or Ausschwitz-Bukenau Train Simulator... The russophobia in poland is so highly industrialist that they don't feel anything anymore, since poles are not slavic people at least that is what they were told over 120 years now and they believe it.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 26, 2015 1:20 am

Most important thing is that they treat the tragedy with respect. I wouldn't be so quick to judge them - I doubt that they will be as insensitive about the subject matter as some fear.

If they do a good job showing and allowing players to experience the terror and negligable odds of survival that the sailors in the doomed submarine experienced, than I think it would be a fitting tribute to them.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue May 26, 2015 1:39 am

flamming_python wrote:Most important thing is that they treat the tragedy with respect. I wouldn't be so quick to judge them - I doubt that they will be as insensitive about the subject matter as some fear.

If they do a good job showing and allowing players to experience the terror and negligable odds of survival that the sailors in the doomed submarine experienced, than I think it would be a fitting tribute to them.

That's all fine and good but it is extremely unlikely that these Polish game developers were motivated this way.
    Why hasn't any other game developer made a game about say the USS Scorpion? The US market is vastly
    bigger than Poland and the odds would be that a game of this sort would have come out a long time ago.

No, because of respect for the dead and national pride such games would not fly in the USA. So this Polish
    project is just them spitting at Russia and her dead. My respect for these NATO-aligned Poles diminishes with
    every such incident. Whatever grievance they have with Russia due to history has become detached from the
    current of frenzy of Russia hate. This frenzy of hate is propaganda induced and fits in right there with the
    Nazis of the 1930s and 1930s terror in the USSR.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue May 26, 2015 1:54 am

Sounds more like Company of Heroes 2 with twisted history to envile russia and making them look like barbarians that only killed everyone including own people like the West always likes to demonize russians.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Tue May 26, 2015 8:07 am

sepheronx wrote:http://sputniknews.com/science/20150525/1022546143.html

dont be so quick to judge - if they make it a real survival horror and not a political commentary in disguise its worth playing imo. not too many games deal with subs, esp. in the FPS survival horror.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 pm

kvs wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Most important thing is that they treat the tragedy with respect. I wouldn't be so quick to judge them - I doubt that they will be as insensitive about the subject matter as some fear.

That's all fine and good but it is extremely unlikely that these Polish game developers were motivated this way.
    Why hasn't any other game developer made a game about say the USS Scorpion?   The US market is vastly
    bigger than Poland and the odds would be that a game of this sort would have come out a long time ago.

No, because of respect for the dead and national pride such games would not fly in the USA.   So this Polish
    project is just them spitting at Russia and her dead.   My respect for these NATO-aligned Poles diminishes with
    every such incident.   Whatever grievance they have with Russia due to history has become detached from the
    current of frenzy of Russia hate.   This frenzy of hate is propaganda induced and fits in right there with the
    Nazis of the 1930s and 1930s terror in the USSR.

How do you know that?
    I doubt the Polish studio would be so insensitive, any studio for that matter.

Hollywood made the K-19: Widowmaker movie and they were very mature about it, conferring with the veterans of that disaster and honouring their wishes, and with no needless political messages or anything of the sort - it was kept as a story about human endurance and sacrifice.

Political commentary is a possibility and most unwelcome, but still the most important thing would be that any such game would honour the dead properly. Games have progressed to the point where they, like movies, can generate an authentic atmosphere and experience for the user; if this is used to relay what these men went through then all the better.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri May 29, 2015 11:09 pm

video game Cinematic. very cool in my opinion.

if anyone knows the name of the game with that angel in full Armour burning in flames please let me know!.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Sat May 30, 2015 3:00 am

and while we're on the subject of tasteless Polish videogame developers:

goddamn thats just so fcking edg, edgg and edgy.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:23 am

FINALLY!

I am so excited for this. I absolutely love the fallout series.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:37 am

sepheronx wrote:

FINALLY!

I am so excited for this.  I absolutely love the fallout series.

I am exited aswell but i already know it will be a pain in the ass with installing big load of mods and trying to figure out how compatible they are and finally making it stable game...so much hours gone on Skyrim with buggy mods...
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:05 pm

i hope its start off with the power armor- i fcking hate grinding.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:00 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

FINALLY!

I am so excited for this.  I absolutely love the fallout series.

I am exited aswell but i already know it will be a pain in the ass with installing big load of mods and trying to figure out how compatible they are and finally making it stable game...so much hours gone on Skyrim with buggy mods...

Meh, always play through the first few times in vanilla. This does look outstanding though, definitely my most anticipated game this year.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Looks more like Sims 3 Pets than Fallout game Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:09 am