Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+44
miketheterrible
thegopnik
lyle6
Scorpius
SeigSoloyvov
The-thing-next-door
Kimppis
xeno
HUNTER VZLA
syunsan
Walther von Oldenburg
DTA
Boshoed
PapaDragon
max steel
Arctic_Fox
Sunbeam
Vann7
Book.
2SPOOKY4U
Regular
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Zivo
collegeboy16
flamming_python
Manov
VladimirSahin
Morpheus Eberhardt
As Sa'iqa
CosPetia
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
Mike E
Werewolf
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Admin
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
48 posters

Video Games Thread

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Video Games Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  OminousSpudd Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Regular wrote:Looks more like Sims 3 Pets than  Fallout game Sad

I don't know if you've seen the E3 gameplay trailers, if you haven't, go check them out. It's nothing short of Game of the Year.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:27 am

...Speaking of the devil:

2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 am

Why does Stalker never get any love in terms of post-apoc games?

If you add mods, it blows everything else out of the water.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:47 am

I really like Stalker, though I need a computer upgrade to really appreciate it.

I love right at the start of Shadow of Chernobyl where you start off with Makarovs and AKS-74Us...
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:18 am

Get Battle of Empires 1914-1918 - THE BEST WW RTS EVER.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:12 pm

GarryB wrote:I really like Stalker, though I need a computer upgrade to really appreciate it.

I love right at the start of Shadow of Chernobyl where you start off with Makarovs and AKS-74Us...
    Company which made Stalker went tits up. The head of the company is super pro Ukr maidan nut too. Fuck them
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Well actually that is what I liked about the game... all the government military forces are Ukrainian, so that base next to where you start off from in the original game I use to attack and shoot up to get lots of cheap ammo... there is a cache of 9x18mm rounds next to the base in the bushes...
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:33 am

Just downloaded Armored Warfare... I'll give my opinion later when the servers come up.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:50 pm

Mike E wrote:Just downloaded Armored Warfare... I'll give my opinion later when the servers come up.

Paid for it or is it free?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Mike E wrote:Just downloaded Armored Warfare... I'll give my opinion later when the servers come up.

Paid for it or is it free?
    I got it for free, YouTuber gave me a code. 

Most people pay $15 to get in, but the full release will be free.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Is AMD Making The Chip For Nintendo NX?
    By Nicole Arce, Tech Times | July 18, 7:03 AM

Speculation abounds that AMD is developing the chip that will power Nintendo's upcoming gaming console codenamed Nintendo NX.

The rumor is not without merit, and it is not impossible to imagine Nintendo partnering with AMD, since the chipmaker already supplies the graphics processing unit (GPU) for the Nintendo Wii U. The rumors first began when AMD chief financial officer Devinder Kumar announced in December that the firm was working on two semi-custom chip designs, with one of them being developed for a device "beyond gaming," leading many to assume that the other was a gaming device.

"I will say that one [design] is x86 and [another] is ARM," Kumar said last year. "And at least one will [be] beyond gaming."

And on Friday, AMD CEO Lisa Su announced that the company had won a third contract for a semi-custom chip design that she says will be used in products that could generate billions of dollars in sales. Su, however, declined to say which product will be using its third chip design.

AMD's semi-custom chips are a combination of central processing unit (CPU) and GPU. The company calls these accelerated processing units (APU), and while Intel makes similar CPU and GPU combinations, AMD has a focus on the graphics end of its APUs, making them preferred by the gaming industry.

For AMD to succeed in a new venture with Nintendo, its new APU has to provide the ability to run PowerPC processing to enable backwards compatibility with Nintendo's older games. The current Nintendo Wii U launched in 2012 is powered by IBM's older PowerPC, but a shift to the x86 architecture used by AMD and Intel will more likely provide the power needed to translate the software and make games for the Wii and Wii U compatible with the upcoming Nintendo NX.

Read more: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/69927/20150718/is-amd-making-the-chip-for-nintendo-nx.htm[/b]
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 pm

I think to our current political sphere of geopolitics and the drive and confrontation lust of the west with russia i think this game and the creator and his goal to show a bit to gamers how geopolitics works in a very good story telling way, but not to obvious for most and his current attempt with Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain, where players should not just realize what Deterence means and that the Deterence factor is about survival and not about might of killing, gives allegedly, players at some point a nuke which they can use against other players or face a deterence for others to act to aggressive towards some players. This element is not the main focus of the game but a feature for people if they decide to want to play it. The game is among the best games with story and gameplay i've played so far and i think people who did never play a MGS game should maybe look into it, i would say it should have some temptation towards military/gepolitical interested people like we have some here.

It has of course some elements that are appearing more myracouls or sci-fi for the gameplay, but the story is the actual teaser, for me at least.

The game comes to PC aswell 1st Sep, will probably have not much time here when it comes out...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:57 am

Book. wrote:
    Is AMD Making The Chip For Nintendo NX?
    By Nicole Arce, Tech Times | July 18, 7:03 AM

Speculation abounds that AMD is developing the chip that will power Nintendo's upcoming gaming console codenamed Nintendo NX.

The rumor is not without merit, and it is not impossible to imagine Nintendo partnering with AMD, since the chipmaker already supplies the graphics processing unit (GPU) for the Nintendo Wii U. The rumors first began when AMD chief financial officer Devinder Kumar announced in December that the firm was working on two semi-custom chip designs, with one of them being developed for a device "beyond gaming," leading many to assume that the other was a gaming device.

"I will say that one [design] is x86 and [another] is ARM," Kumar said last year. "And at least one will [be] beyond gaming."

And on Friday, AMD CEO Lisa Su announced that the company had won a third contract for a semi-custom chip design that she says will be used in products that could generate billions of dollars in sales. Su, however, declined to say which product will be using its third chip design.

AMD's semi-custom chips are a combination of central processing unit (CPU) and GPU. The company calls these accelerated processing units (APU), and while Intel makes similar CPU and GPU combinations, AMD has a focus on the graphics end of its APUs, making them preferred by the gaming industry.

For AMD to succeed in a new venture with Nintendo, its new APU has to provide the ability to run PowerPC processing to enable backwards compatibility with Nintendo's older games. The current Nintendo Wii U launched in 2012 is powered by IBM's older PowerPC, but a shift to the x86 architecture used by AMD and Intel will more likely provide the power needed to translate the software and make games for the Wii and Wii U compatible with the upcoming Nintendo NX.

Read more: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/69927/20150718/is-amd-making-the-chip-for-nintendo-nx.htm[/b]

So essentially, IBM has now lost its only grasp at the console gaming sector. Sad really as the Espresso processor was very powerful and its out of order execution is brilliant really (surprised that x86 still doesn't seem to have it, at least maybe it does on the server grade).

Although, I am pissed that Nintendo is abandoning Wii U already (it has lots of potential as evident with the games already made for it) but whatever, I got mine for free. Maybe I should sell it now while it is worth something and wait till Nintendo NX comes out. No point with the other consoles as most of their games make it to PC anyway (which I need to build a new PC BTW, and parts are ridiculously expensive in Canada now).
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:42 pm

So i had such a perfect day and managed to figure out what the worst Video game company is right now. It is Konami and that is undisputable at this point. They through out Hideo Kojima who is the father of Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid and the only guy that can write stories like he does which made this franchise to what it is, dead franchise no future for it other than remakes.

Not only do they abuse their employees to conditions where slave labour would have often no worse conditions maybe even better conditions, no they made the biggest scam i have experienced ever.

They managed to fuck up to a point which EA has not achieved such a fuck up and scamming of people.

So i went out and bought for PC Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain for freakish 54.55€  and i wanted a physical copy just in case Steam one day goes offline and does not support offline modi for your games. The only thing this entire CD contains is a 8MB Steam install and launcher file  which is a free software from Valve.

I have often said that about EA i will avoid their games as often as possible, but since Konami is worse than EA and offers less games i am interest in it is a dead company to me.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Ahahahahahaha

Sorry, I know I shouldnt laugh at misfortunes, but that really is lame of them.

Thats OK, i heard that you have to use metal gear coins to purchase a FOB, and they are something like 1700 mg money and if you want more, you gotta pay something like $40 for 3000

I am still butthurt about Silent Hills being canceled.

I should ask. Have you played it yet? Any good?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:31 pm

sepheronx wrote:Ahahahahahaha

Sorry, I know I shouldnt laugh at misfortunes, but that really is lame of them.

Thats OK, i heard that you have to use metal gear coins to purchase a FOB, and they are something like 1700 mg money and if you want more, you gotta pay something like $40 for 3000

I am still butthurt about Silent Hills being canceled.

I should ask. Have you played it yet? Any good?

Yes, Konami making revange against Hideo Kojima. They implemented that microtransactions into the game because of Hideo Kojima. Appareantly to some information i have read about it is that Kojima works not on honorarium, meaning most employees at Konami get paid how well a game has sold which they have worked on, he just gets his fixed fee, it is a bit higher than most employees because he is head and story writer, but due that his fee is fixed he delayed the game for over 1 year to make the game the best possible as he was quoted. Konami did not like it because the total cost to make the game were by that delation time 80 mln USD rather making the game for less and making profit one year ago like they planned it. So they through him out and want now money back, so they implement this garbage microtransactions, plus the game costs freakish 55 Euro.

Couldn't play the game yet, slow internet, it downloads for 10 hours, have to download the game over the night. I wanted the physical copy also because of slow internet so i could play it today, but screw that....Konami played me like a damn fiddle!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:21 am

well, when you do, please provide screenshots and maybe video of your playthrough.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:55 pm

MikeE, what are your thoughts on AW? Is there potential there? I'm thinking of getting into it when it arrives... as long as the devs aren't influenced by the Russophobic ranting on their forums. Obviously the Russian vehicles will be my primary ones, so I'd prefer that they don't waste my time with any misinformed delusions.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:52 am

Currently playing:

Video Games Thread - Page 7 282711-nox_006
    Nox - a fun little action-RPG game. Looks like Diablo II, and came out at the same time too, but even though it's the same genre - the control scheme is different - using a mouse button to move forward rather than just clicking on a location - and if playing as the wizard, you'll find that a lot of the spells require good manual aiming (think top-down shooters, or Magicka) to hit a target.
    The game doesn't take itself too seriously either, the story-line is tongue in cheek albeit still quite interesting.
    The art in this game easily matches anything seen in Infinity Engine titles such as Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale.
    Don't expect much of an inventory system or a great diversity of magic items. This isn't Diablo. There are only 3 classes in fact, and options for their customization are limited, plus the game's structure is fairly linear and there are no procedurely generated levels or anything of the sort. The flipside of that though is that all 3 classes play completely differently, and also have different start and end games with different areas, quests, and many of the areas that they do share are tackled under different circumstances and against different enemies.
    Good game, like Magicka if it was made as a proper action-RPG. Still though, I prefer Diablo 2 and its clones over games such as Nox.

Video Games Thread - Page 7 Steel_sky_screenshot4
    Beneath A Steel Sky - old-school adventure game, is widely renowned as a classic in the genre, one of the best adventure games of all time even. Personally, I just don't think it's at the same level as other hit adventure point & clicks of the era such as Monkey Island II or Full Throttle - maybe the setting and story are just not as engaging, or the puzzles; can't really put my finger on it. Still though, definately a good game, with decent writing and witty humour and an old-school cyberpunk setting.
    Can get it for free by signing up on GOG, in fact it's freeware as of 2003 and can be downloaded from many places.

Recently finished:

Video Games Thread - Page 7 61nvRT4KtWL
    Dragonsphere - another old-school adventure game. Not as well known as others from the early-mid 90s; although it's not unknown either - either way this is something of a hidden gem. Engaging storyline, great writing, a very much unique and drawn-out fantasy setting. The puzzles are very interesting too, but hardcore, they don't hold your hand in this one.
    It's also given away free with an account on GOG.

Video Games Thread - Page 7 And_yet_it_moves_wiiware_640
    And Yet it Moves - a physics based platformer with it's main mechanic being rotating your screen/world (and gravity along with it); in addition to the traditional platformer controls. It started off as a university project and grew from there. Not much to say about it - it's definately a good puzzle-platformer with well-done mechanics, albeit quite a short one (personally I prefer short games). It's art style is very unique.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:47 pm

I started playing The Witcher recently - a great game, by avoiding RPGs I missed a lot of fun.

Before that I played a few Asian MMOs for a week - why the hell are ALL of them so fucked up? They all look the same - candy-colorful graphics, metrosexual characters in big armor with fancy-shaped swords that create fireworks upon hitting the enemy. Can't they create just ONE good dark MMO that dosn't look like animated TV series for prepubescent girls? Rolling Eyes
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:19 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:I started playing The Witcher recently - a great game, by avoiding RPGs I missed a lot of fun.

Before that I played a few Asian MMOs for a week - why the hell are ALL of them so fucked up? They all look the same - candy-colorful graphics, metrosexual characters in big armor with fancy-shaped swords that create fireworks upon hitting the enemy. Can't they create just ONE good dark MMO that dosn't look like animated TV series for prepubescent girls? Rolling Eyes

Purchased Witcher1/2 for 5 euros on steam store last x-mas, never played untill now, i have to say witcher 1 is kind of disappointment, first mission bugged, had to restart it just to open the gates, the combat system, well you have seen everything the game has to offer in melee combat in 5 seconds and after another 5 seconds it already annoys you, so couldn't finish the first part had to skip immidiatley to Witcher 2.

It does everything better, a combat system that isn't one button with bad animations, the onyl thing in combat system that sucks, is it is unbalanced, bosses deal unfair damage, while you hit 3 damage critical to bosses that appearantly have 100++hp, not fun at all. Graphics are still very good, atmosphere is good, nudity Very Happy , not a bad approach to an RPG, currently playing it, trying to mod textures, weight limitations, combat rebalance and stuff.

This X-mas i will try to get Witcher 3 when it is on sales.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:59 pm

I noticed that too - combat system is not the best but it's bearable and may even be enjoyable if mastered properly.

My plans:
    1. Get a new PC around January-February
    1. Buy Witcher 2, 3 and Mass Effect, play COD:AW and Crysis 3
    3. Wait for Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (medieval cRPG set in Bohemia, no fantasy elements)

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Appearantly the video game Armored Warfare is out since 8.10. so who might be interest in World of Tanks with more modern vehicles want to check it out. I am currently downloading it, will take a while with my connection.

Okay have been again a few weeks since i visited AW forum, but i am already annoyed by the "russia shit" garbage of that jew stronkkk troll.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:23 pm

not much game i played :3

currently playing an online MMORPG.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:53 pm

Werewolf wrote:Appearantly the video game Armored Warfare is out since 8.10. so who might be interest in World of Tanks with more modern vehicles want to check it out. I am currently downloading it, will take a while with my connection.

Okay have been again a few weeks since i visited AW forum, but i am already annoyed by the "russia shit" garbage of that jew stronkkk troll.
    I just downloaded the Beta myself, so far so good. I'd say it is about x10 better than World of Tanks in every area, but it still has derp moments with RNG.

Oh, and T-14... Razz Can't wait.

AW forum is a joke for the most part, but I still post there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 am