Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+41
magnumcromagnon
Morpheus Eberhardt
NationalRus
As Sa'iqa
Firebird
ExBeobachter1987
arpakola
d_taddei2
Zivo
dionis
Hannibal Barca
GarryB
Mike E
Asf
Viktor
gregoire
Regular
sepheronx
TR1
Vann7
TheArmenian
kvs
higurashihougi
etaepsilonk
F-15E
Flyingdutchman
Cyberspec
Austin
Big_Gazza
mutantsushi
partizan
zg18
mack8
Petro007
syxthtysyxthsyx
KomissarBojanchev
fragmachine
cracker
Airbornewolf
TheGeorgian
medo
45 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #9

sepheronx
    sepheronx

The Situation in the Ukraine. #9 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #9

Post  sepheronx Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    TheGeorgian wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:@KVS

Go post there this video..

they lost tanks in the hundreds.

I highly doubt that. It's very likely the US lost around 40-100 tanks ( like out of commission losses ) in those 10-11 years but not "by the hundreds".  

To topic. Putin can't pull the handbreak anymore. He started it and now there is no retreat. US on the other hand is playing the diplomacy card. Refusing to support and arm Ukraine much to Poroshenkos worries. Fighting ISIS in Iraq, supporting the kurds .... fighting Ebola outbreak in Africa togheter with NATO / UN etc. Every single event and decision is all routine play. I wonder in what way Putin's gonna try to meet all the expectations and hopes of his followers.

Are your braincells dying fast?

What did Putin start and how is USA playing the diplomacy card when it is russia that is trying diplomatic, while US is arming Nazis and creating PR atrocities like the MH-17 based on CIA projects as Operation Northwoods?

The georgian believes Russia started the august war so ignore him.

I mean, if Russian officials pulled out cookies and supported the rioters in Feurgeson, US would probably send them to Gitmo regardless of political powers. Add to that, the 5 billion investment and the leaked phone call as well. But if that isnt enough evidence of US and EU starting this, then I dont know. Georgian is just a stooge like the rest of them.

Russia is so evil, that they sent those Canadian Javalin missiles themselves to Ukraine only to be captured by rebels. They are so evil, they send Victoria Nuland and John Baird over to cause shit. They put Joe Bidens son as CEO of a major Ukrainian oil and gas company as well, they started the whole sanction thing as soon as this gone out of control.

Georgian. Reason why US is doing nothing is because they failed hard on Ukraine and evidence is starting to show that Ukraine was the loser. As well, they are too busy arming terrorists and using the excuse to fight ISIS to invade Syria. John Kerry again is claiming Syrian troops used chemical weapons....

Oh, btw, did they ever find that sniper who started the mess? What about the one in Lybia, Syria and Iran as well? All of them started off then boom, a mysterious sniper kills someone to ignite rage.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

The Situation in the Ukraine. #9 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #9

Post  Werewolf Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:49 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    TheGeorgian wrote:

I highly doubt that. It's very likely the US lost around 40-100 tanks ( like out of commission losses ) in those 10-11 years but not "by the hundreds".  

To topic. Putin can't pull the handbreak anymore. He started it and now there is no retreat. US on the other hand is playing the diplomacy card. Refusing to support and arm Ukraine much to Poroshenkos worries. Fighting ISIS in Iraq, supporting the kurds .... fighting Ebola outbreak in Africa togheter with NATO / UN etc. Every single event and decision is all routine play. I wonder in what way Putin's gonna try to meet all the expectations and hopes of his followers.

What did Putin start and how is USA playing the diplomacy card when it is russia that is trying diplomatic, while US is arming Nazis and creating PR atrocities like the MH-17 based on CIA projects as Operation Northwoods?

I mean, if Russian officials pulled out cookies and supported the rioters in Feurgeson, US would probably send them to Gitmo regardless of political powers. Add to that, the 5 billion investment and the leaked phone call as well. But if that isnt enough evidence of US and EU starting this, then I dont know. Georgian is just a stooge like the rest of them.

Russia is so evil, that they sent those Canadian Javalin missiles themselves to Ukraine only to be captured by rebels.  They are so evil, they send Victoria Nuland and John Baird over to cause shit. They put Joe Bidens son as CEO of a major Ukrainian oil and gas company as well, they started the whole sanction thing as soon as this gone out of control.

Georgian. Reason why US is doing nothing is because they failed hard on Ukraine and evidence is starting to show that Ukraine was the loser. As well, they are too busy arming terrorists and using the excuse to fight ISIS to invade Syria. John Kerry again is claiming Syrian troops used chemical weapons....

Oh, btw, did they ever find that sniper who started the mess? What about the one in Lybia, Syria and Iran as well? All of them started off then boom, a mysterious sniper kills someone to ignite rage.

Not to mention it was russia that shipped the Ukrainian gold during Jazen Zhuk's leadership to NY to the Federal Reserve Bank worth of 20 bln USD.
    It was russia which ordered to use snipers with british sniper rifles to shoot on berkut police and demonstrants so that Yanukowich which was more leaned towards Moscow gets overthrown.

It was russia that implemented anti russian fascists into power... yes the Georgian such a comdedian.
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:37 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    TheGeorgian wrote:

Russia is so evil, that they sent those Canadian Javalin missiles themselves to Ukraine only to be captured by rebels.  They are so evil, they send Victoria Nuland and John Baird over to cause shit. They put Joe Bidens son as CEO of a major Ukrainian oil and gas company as well, they started the whole sanction thing as soon as this gone out of control.

Okay wait a minute. First of all why are you going full retard for no reason ?

Let's start with this:
    Where and when did I say that ? there was not even such a debate or discussion ? i have my views and opinions about that conflict but I didn't share those here. So why are you lying your ass off ?

Secondly, Werewolf, I see you have a hard time to process simple phrases. Maybe refrain from replying to any of my comments untill you grow such an ability .... keep your personal grudge elsewhere, very deep.

I am obviously referring to the Crimea event in which Russia took control over Crimea and seriously guys are you playing dumb or are you really believing that all the insurgency in the East of Ukraine is merely a spontanous outrage and fear of ethnic Russians living in Ukraine against the "Nazi" Regime in Kiev trying to slaughter all Russians ? there were entire organised, heavily armed groups storming goverment intitutions with pin point precision when trying to take over several regions. How can such groups form that quickly and have all the intel on HVTs and VIPs .... ? what are you lying to yourselves. Why are you playing dumb on social media ? you think it's any different from talking to someone in person ? what's up with the illusion that you can assume everyone in the internet is just stupid and falls for the most redicilous fairy tales in history ? it's like you know what you say is totaly absurd BS and lies copied from TV and media and you know the other one you talk to knows it as well ... but on the internet you keep saying that bullshit like it's serious talk. Nobody wants that so knock it off already. Nobody is any doubtful about this conflict. Any of my friggin Russians I talk to straight out says Putin is behind it, only they add he is defending Russia or Russian interests, US would do the same. So what's up with trying to maintain that redicilous and silly stance. Really, fucking comedy .... If the people all were really THAT afraid, pissed off and "amassed" against Kiev when the unrests broke out, they would have come out by the hundred thousands if not millions and the Kiev regime would have been toppled within the next day, Yanukovich returning from his exile instantly. Instaed there's a proxy war, that will keep Ukraine unstable.

Sepheronx. About America. I really pity you guys that you are so delusioned, thinking that the US is in somewhat critical situation instead of realising they are playing this out the way they want it. Trying to make Russia look bad. About ISIS. No lol they don't do that to invade Syria. Nobody will invade Syria it makes absolutly no sense. Strategic or financial wise You talk some random nonsense copied from other wannabe "experts" and "analysts" in internet. They simply arm everyone to cause general chaos and damage to the entire Mid-East theatre. If you are not able to figure out that one. Why this is happening ? than you shouldn't even be concerned about it .... better live your life.

Last edited by TheGeorgian on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:44 pm

To @Georgian

1)It was Russia that paid $5 billions UD dollars to Euromaidans to overthrow a legitimate elected Government
      provoking a civil war.
    2)it was Russia who ordered the violent unrest in kiev that have police killed and Government buildings being burned.
    3)Poroshenko never agreed to any demand , he refused even to early elections to solve things peacefully.
    4)The kiev factions have nothing to do with the Kiev snipers who killed 100 people.
    5)The kiev factions have nothing to do with the Odessa Masacre.. Pro Russian activist just committed suicide drinking gasoline in flame. Anti-Kiev protesters trying to escape the fire were not shoot with guns from the outside
    by kiev nazis..and the kiev junta did investigate the massacre and put in jail all the people guilty of such crime.
    6)The kiev nazis are not bombing cities... no.. they are not killing civilians women and children..indiscriminately is just Russian propaganda.
    7)Russia is pushing for war... Obama have alway being asking for solving things peacefully , neither Obama or its alliance have been fueling the war in Ukraine.. they never give money and weapons to poroshenko.
    8)Obama is funding moderates freedom fighters in Syria.. he have nothing to do with the violence in Syria or terrorism...

Is that the way you see things in your alternative parallel Universe?  No

While you are it.. take a look at who was MCAIN visiting in Syria last year.. nothing less that the ISIS top leader was present on his meeting..when he was part of the FSA..

The Situation in the Ukraine. #9 - Page 3 Hk54119e9a

Imagine this.. if Obama /US senators are directly meeting with the leaders of terrorist organizations and have been funding them with money and weapons... that is supporting people who murder and behead  not only journalist but women and children. What makes you then believe in US Government that is pushing for "diplomacy" in Ukraine?
    USA is at war dude against Russia.. because they are a bunch of cowards and do not dare to fight Russia frontally knowing they will be destroyed ,they do it by Proxy supporting radicals. In Ukraine they use Ciabranwashedidiots so called NEONazis and in middle east they use Alqaeda and ISIS. Georgia war with Ukraine in 2008 was not a coincidence.. was a consequence of getting in power a President that was very cooperative with the white house. Ukraine war with Russia is neither a coincidence but a consequence of getting historically hostile factions in power to ethnic Russians. When Yakunovych was in power.. there was no one bombed ,and no war with RUssia.. Not even under Timoshenko that is very pro EU ,when she was sane ,not even at that time there was a war. The war in Ukraine began the junta in Kiev began a crackdown against Russian people.. calling them terrorist.. sending nazis to their pro Russian cities to beat them..burning them alive like Odessa.. all that hate of white house sponsored radicals is what provoked easther Ukraine to take weapons to defend themselves. and what provoked Crimeans to split.. No body wants to live in a land where they are beaten and or burned alive for their support of Russia. But since Crimeans and Novorosiyans always lived there ,is their legitimate land ,they moved and took guns to keep the nazis away of their cities and to fight for their Independence.

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Vann7 wrote:

Sadly, that is exactly what you're illness is. Living in another dimension. Nobody denies the obvious involvement of the West and not everything RT and social media claims about either side has to be true. There is something in the human body called "brain". You people should sometimes use it. Has some advantiges ....

But ok. I allready said. You will wait and you will see. Cry me a river when all this is over.

I don't even know why I'm giving you people any clues or hints. Why am I even concerned about you cheeky people. Most of you probably aren't even Russians or from Russia. Actual Russians behave decent.

Last edited by TheGeorgian on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:02 pm

TheGeorgian wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

Sadly, that is exactly what you're illness is. Living in another dimension. Nobody denies the obvious involvement of the West and not everything RT and social media claims about either side has to be true. There is something in the human body called "brain". You people should sometimes use it. Has some advantiges ....

But ok. I allready said. You will wait and you will see. Cry me a river when all this is over.

I don't even know why I'm giving you people any clues or hints. I shouldn't be even concerned about you cheeky people.

Are you going to deny that US is at war with RUssia a proxy war?  and that is funding mercenaries/radicals not only in middle east but also in Ukraine?  Look at the legion of demons that MCAIN is meeting.. it could not be worse. The only missing terrorist ,there was the puppet leader of Al-Cia-eda.. and perhaps Bin Laden and the Cannibal rebel who likes to eat human flesh if he was alive... lol1

The Situation in the Ukraine. #9 - Page 3 Hk54119e9a

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:05 pm

MH17 victims are suing Kiev, their lawyer claims Ukraine is responsible for their own airspace:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/21/us-ukraine-crisis-mh17-germany-idUSKBN0HG08520140921
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Are you going to deny that US is at war with RUssia a proxy war?  and that is funding mercenaries/radicals not only in middle east but also in Ukraine?  Look at the legion of demons that MCAIN is meeting.. it could not be worse. The only missing terrorist ,there was the leader of Alqaeda.. and perhaps Bin Laden amd the Cannibal rebel who likes to eat human flesh if he was alive... lol1

Vann7, I actualy respect you a bit more than some others here because you aren't cheeky and childish as them, but with all due respect man and to everyone else. Why do everyone have to repeat himself like you were some malfunctional robots ?

you going to deny

No. I am not deny.

It is actualy what I said in the last comment .... There are video tapes of European mercenaries. There are video tapes of Georgian mercenaries, Bulgarian etc .... and ? there are shitton Russian mercenaries there too, probably 10 times more, even thousands of regular soldiers if you believe the separatist leaders. So what. You want me to side with the Russian version of this story ? I won't. Because I am actualy siding with noone on this. I know the people leading the Ukrainian National Guard are all criminals of highest degree. They sent hundreds of their people to slaughter because some of them threatened to tell the truth about marauding and murder etc. They got rid of those people, they got themselves rewards and promotions, officer ranks. It's even recorded by one of the Georgians who survived such "penalty missions" and escaped his unit. But there is this side. Then there are American interests. Then there are obvious Russian intentions. What, you seriously want me to judge harder on Americans and totaly ignore Russians ? why should I do that tell me ? Why should I accept one asshole over the other ? just because he made 1 or 2 less bad things in history ? where is the logic ?

Last edited by TheGeorgian on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:14 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:MH17 victims are suing Kiev, their lawyer claims Ukraine is responsible for their own airspace:

Thats actually very smart.. hope more people join.. and Ukraine ends paying hundreds of billions in $US to the victims.. they cannot claim is not their responseability to provide a safe route to civilians airliners because it is..
    Airliners needs to pay a fee to Ukraine for crossing its airspace.. in change they are supplied with a safe route over its territory..something that Ukraine never did.. Even if it was true that the Rebels shoot down the plane ,it was their responsability to deny use of its airspace to any civilian airliner if there was a risk.. something they did not.
    Wonder how are they going to get away with this demand.. probably the lawyer will blackmailed to drop it.. or face
    major health problems.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Currently, its only germans who are suing Ukraine. Payout is around $5K cause that is all they can afford. Rumor is some more may sue but doubt they will get much.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Seriously georgian are you somehow retarded?

You really try to see something bad in russias doing by trying to protect itself from obvious attack of USA against russia?

So in your retarded position russia should just sit quite and wait untill fucking US paid terrorists come again into russia to attack russians and destroy russia from within?
    Russia has absolutley every fucking right to do everything possible to protect themselfs from US warmongers. It has absolutley nothing to do with ukraine. US does not give a fucking shit about ukraine like they did not give a shit about you georgians when your retarded Sack Arschwili started ethnic cleansing, Yes ethnic cleansing UN clearified it as such.

You have really some big trouble to use common sense to understand that US has absolutley no fucking right to even scratch someones balls 8000km away from their country. Russia does absolutley nothing wrong so far, Crimeans are happy since Russia safed them from genocide of US paid nazis which you deny to exist. And somehow Russia does wrong here and there, it is not russia fueling the conflict it is US and the EU slave NATO dogs that are sending money for weapons while not a single penny was paid for russian gas for more than 10 month already. So stop bitching about Crimea it was legitimate referendum observed by EU parlaiment members such as Ewald Stadler from austria. No gunpoint votes, no military precense to force people to vote or anything like that. Crimea is and always was Russian.

And for you inbred, ther is no such thing as ukrainian ethnicity, Ukrainian is old russian word and you should know it since you georgians have russian language in your country, Ukrainian means At boarder living, so stop repeating retarded lies and fabrications to differ between "russian ethnic and ukrainian ethnic" since such thing does not exist. You really that ignorant to believe that there is an ethnicity with the name "At boarder living"?
    At boarder living all were called that who lived at the boarder to West europe, regardless if russian or any origin of the wide ethnicities found in russia.

You in your country which is decieved and propagated by USA since the fall of SU, you get brainwashed to hate russians and you are holding such baseless grudge against russia and russians that is why you see bad doing by russia for protecting itself from US.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 pm

How can anyone with a clue deny that irregulars have been used throughout history to achieve geopolitical aims. The British used pirates (aka privateers) to harass the Spanish Empire and its new world colonies. The USA used the Contras to subvert Nicaragua and tried to use Cuban exiles to overthrow the Cuban government.

They tried to do the same thing in Syria but funded radical jihadis in the process. This is just like the funding of the jihadis to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden was a key figure in that war and look what happened later. This includes 9/11 and the Taliban. ISIS is giving the USA a useful pretext to engage in yet more meddling.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:53 am

Breaking News: NATO is officially launching an attack on Syria, and using ISIS as a ruse! They attacked Syria with cruise missiles, bombers and fighters, and the stupid and naive Russian leadership didn't sell the S-300's for nothing, these strikes will lead all the way to Damascus!
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 am

The Situation in the Ukraine. #9 - Page 3 ByE2_LhCEAAZNUu
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:42 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:Breaking News: NATO is officially launching an attack on Syria, and using ISIS as a ruse! They attacked Syria with cruise missiles, bombers and fighters, and the stupid and naive Russian leadership didn't sell the S-300's for nothing, these strikes will lead all the way to Damascus!

S-300 wont make any diffrence what so ever against commited attakcs from western powers, it like saying a couple of MIM-104E will hold back russias airforce, they might take out some cruisse missiles befor being quickly overwhelmed. if they attack SAA positions the only thing that cuold have helped them was to actaully winthis war at this point or completly destroy the FSA, so ther will be nobody left to arm up on the side the west belives its taking.

we needed to donate them modern infantry equipment over 1, 1.5 years back, like then thousends of bullet proof vests and AK-74's ive seen the videos, normal infantry is not good trained and cant handle the AK-47's only the rebels shot ore inacuratly, and 3-4 thousend night vision goggles for the elite bragades and special forces, they would have been whipping the battlefields without a contest, fight for aleppo would hve ben decided on a dark night long long long way back in 2013, and guided ammo for ther updated SU-24's, but that options are long gone from the table

will see what happens
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:57 am

TheGeorgian wrote:Secondly, Werewolf, I see you have a hard time to process simple phrases. Maybe refrain from replying to any of my comments untill you grow such an ability .... keep your personal grudge elsewhere, very deep.

The problem is that, the West have to ask themselves why they are being hated by a lot of people. Clean the dirts inside their eyes first before looking at other's eyes.

TheGeorgian wrote:I am obviously referring to the Crimea event in which Russia took control over Crimea

And that act was strongly supported by the local Krym people.

Let me remind you how the U.S. took control over Hawaii.

TheGeorgian wrote:and seriously guys are you playing dumb or are you really believing that all the insurgency in the East of Ukraine is merely a spontanous outrage and fear of ethnic Russians living in Ukraine against the "Nazi" Regime in Kiev trying to slaughter all Russians ?

Of course it is.

Remember the shits named Svoboda and Pravyy Sektor ? And what they did in Odessa, Donbass, and others ?

Remember the attempt to repeal the law of minority languages... disregard of the fact that Russian is a large minority in Ukraina ? And there is over 20% of citizens in Ukraina are from minor ethics ?

TheGeorgian wrote:there were entire organised, heavily armed groups storming goverment intitutions with pin point precision when trying to take over several regions.

And they were supported by the local people.

TheGeorgian wrote:Any of my friggin Russians I talk to straight out says Putin is behind it, only they add he is defending Russia or Russian interests, US would do the same.

So what ? Putin just did what he had to do, to protect Russia's interests and (what he believe is) the rights of Russian community.

And the Russian insurgents in Ukraina OPENLY and STRONGLY support Moskva.

TheGeorgian wrote:If the people all were really THAT afraid, pissed off and "amassed" against Kiev when the unrests broke out, they would have come out by the hundred thousands if not millions and the Kiev regime would have been toppled within the next day, Yanukovich returning from his exile instantly.

The reason why people can ousted Yakunovych easily and why Yakunovych can never come back, is because Yaku is a corrupted shit. Therefore he received little support even from Moskva, Russian ethics, or the Party of Regions.

TheGeorgian wrote:Sepheronx. About America. I really pity you guys that you are so delusioned, thinking that the US is in somewhat critical situation instead of realising they are playing this out the way they want it. Trying to make Russia look bad. About ISIS. No lol they don't do that to invade Syria. Nobody will invade Syria it makes absolutly no sense. Strategic or financial wise You talk some random nonsense copied from other wannabe "experts" and "analysts" in internet. They simply arm everyone to cause general chaos and damage to the entire Mid-East theatre. If you are not able to figure out that one. Why this is happening ? than you shouldn't even be concerned about it .... better live your life.

Let me reminds you that the U.S. used to want to use the IS and other terrorists factions to counter Assad. Now the IS is showing its true color, but the U.S. still want to destroy Assad first. Because for the U.S., destroy the stongholds of Russia, its direct comtetitor, is more important.

The IS is merely being used as a target to draw the U.S. citizen's attention into other places... so that the people will forget about the affairs concerned Monsanto, fat cats, income inequality, pollution, creationism, religious superstition, gun control.

In the 1930s, the West tried to use Hitler to counter the USSR but were backstabbed. In 1979 the West tried to use bin Laden and Taliban to counter Moskva but were again backstabbed. In 1979 the West tried to use Khmer Rouge to couter Vietnam but know we all know how shit the Pol Pot was.

And in 2014, the West have not learned their lesson yet.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:59 am

You are forgetting their best effort in the "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" doctrine... by investing and building up China over the last 3-4 decades they have dramatically changed its capabilities and performance without changing its ideology one little bit.

The problem with the doctrine that your enemies enemy is your friend is that it is just rubbish... the west had more in common with Russia than it has had with China.

Ironically years of subduing the Chinese with Opium has likely not made for excellent long term ties.

More to the point if the west had decided the Chinese were the bigger threat and decided instead of investing money in China and giving her best favoured trading nation status, if they had done the same in Russia in 1991... like they promised (ie give up communism and be welcomed back into the international community) then democracy might not be such a dirty word there now and the opinions of the west more respectful.

Instead we have a huge missed opportunity that likely wont come again in my lifetime.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:25 am

GarryB wrote:You are forgetting their best effort in the "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" doctrine... by investing and building up China over the last 3-4 decades they have dramatically changed its capabilities and performance without changing its ideology one little bit.

The problem with the doctrine that your enemies enemy is your friend is that it is just rubbish... the west had more in common with Russia than it has had with China.

Ironically years of subduing the Chinese with Opium has likely not made for excellent long term ties.

More to the point if the west had decided the Chinese were the bigger threat and decided instead of investing money in China and giving her best favoured trading nation status, if they had done the same in Russia in 1991... like they promised (ie give up communism and be welcomed back into the international community) then democracy might not be such a dirty word there now and the opinions of the west more respectful.

Instead we have a huge missed opportunity that likely wont come again in my lifetime.

I won't. The U.S. spent 20 years bombarding, shooting, burning, and spreading dioxin into a small Communist country which could not and will never never have any intention to threaten Washington. But it shook hand with one of the biggest and strongest Communist country in the world... all for the sake of "anti-communism". Laughing Laughing Laughing

Only 50% of politicians' words are reliable.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:05 am

Apparently the Syrian Government is neither endorsing or condemning US attacks on RAQQA.. City..
    and that Obama administration told the UN syrian envoy about the attacks..

everyone knows it just a trick.. that ISIS Is nothing more than a Trojan Horse of Obama ,so that they can
    use its Airforce to cover any terrorist advance in Syria.   Maybe Assad is only trying to gain time or had conversation behind the scenes.. but for sure the SYrian airforce its S-200 missiles will have no problem to shot down US  F-18's 200-300km  km away.. Can't wait for new updates.. but looks like they are playing the wait and see with their fingers ready to launch missiles at the first signs of backstabbing the Syrian army fighting in ISIS in Syria.

arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 am

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...on/507484.html
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #9 - Page 3 ByJwKN2CEAAKqMC
    A German-operated cruise liner has traveled to the Crimean port of Yalta in apparent defiance of the Ukrainian government, which has prohibited international vessels from calling at the Black Sea peninsula.
    The "Ocean Majesty" docked in the port of Yalta last Wednesday and stayed for a day, while tourists disembarked to stroll through the city or venture further into the peninsula, German broadcaster NDR.de reported Sunday.

Most of the 500 tourists aboard the "Ocean Majesty," which is owned by a Greek shipping company but chartered by Germany's Bremen-based Hansa Touristik, are likely to be German, the report said.

The docking comes after the Ukrainian government in June issued a directive "On the Closure of Sea Ports," according to which the Crimean ports of Kerch, Theodosia, Sevastopol, Yalta and Yevpatoria have been closed to international vessels.

In line with its own sanctions over Russia's annexation of Crimea, the EU has subjected the Sevastopol and Kerch commercial ports to asset freezes, though the port of Yalta does not appear on its blacklist.

The German operator Hansa Touristik was unavailable for comment as of Sunday, NDR reported.
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:00 am

Vann7 wrote:Apparently the Syrian Government is neither endorsing or condemning US attacks on RAQQA.. City..
    and that Obama administration told the UN syrian envoy about the attacks..

everyone knows it just a trick.. that ISIS Is nothing more than a Trojan Horse of Obama ,so that they can
    use its Airforce to cover any terrorist advance in Syria.   Maybe Assad is only trying to gain time or had conversation behind the scenes.. but for sure the SYrian airforce its S-200 missiles will have no problem to shot down US  F-18's 200-300km  km away.. Can't wait for new updates.. but looks like they are playing the wait and see with their fingers ready to launch missiles at the first signs of backstabbing the Syrian army fighting in ISIS in Syria.

guys .. there is a thread for Syria.. here is off topic
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 am

Стрелков на известном таинственном форуме:
    Сегодня весь вечер слушал "делегатов" из Донецка. Пятерых выслушал. Очень печальные впечатления. Делиться не буду, но скажу лишь, что МНЕ СТЫДНО ЗА НЕКОТОРЫХ СОРАТНИКОВ ИЗ ЧИСЛА КОМАНДИРОВ. Надеюсь, им передадут мои слова и они поймут - за кого конкретно (и почему) мне стыдно.
    Ряд командиров с сегодняшнего дня перестанут получать гуманитарку от наших тыловых подразделений. На это у меня еще "власти" хватит.
    "Порадую" немного дончан - в минувшую субботу в Москве, в ресторане, "праздновали победу" 60 человек во главе с Сурковым. От ДНР "гуляли" Бородай, Захарченко и Пургин.
    В качестве комментария: вспомнился мне древнегреческий миф про царя Мидаса - того самого, который выпросил у богов возможность прикосновением превращать любой предмет в золото. Так вот, на мой взгляд - Сурков - это "Мидас современности" - с той только разницей, что все, к чему он прикасается (и все, что прикасается к нему) мгновенно превращается в отборное жидкое дерьмо.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:49 pm

http://www.ukrinform.ua/ukr/news/groshey_na_novu_armiysku_tehniku_nemae___radnik_geleteya_1974269

Радник міністра оборони Олександр Данилюк стверджує, що на закупівлю нової техніки в армію немає грошей.

Про це він написав у Фейсбуці.

«Часто запитують, чому Міноборони не купує військову техніку, яка стоїть на заводах Укроборонпрома. Відповідаю. В нас немає коштів на переоснащення армії новою технікою. Саме тому пріоритет віддається відновленню та модернізації існуючої техніки. За останні місяці відновлено 12 тисяч одиниць», - пояснив Данилюк.

Basically it means, the advisor of Ukraina MoD, Oleksandr Danyluk, said that Ukraina does not have any money to buy new weapons. They can only modernize and restore the old ones. They are planning to restore 12,000 units in the next several months.

Ukrainian Ministry of Justice Pavel Petrenko said that the army has not fully achieved the 74.4 mil USD from the goverment yet. Therefore they have no money to buy weapon.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:17 pm

GarryB wrote:The problem with the doctrine that your enemies enemy is your friend is that it is just rubbish... the west had more in common with Russia than it has had with China.

No, it hasn't.
    America and China depend on each other much more than each of those countries depend on russia.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Yet another ceasefire failed, Kiev resumed attacks and the Russian leadership look like idiots yet again!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm