Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+42
nomadski
medo
GunshipDemocracy
PapaDragon
k@llashniKoff
Captain Nemo
OminousSpudd
RTN
GarryB
higurashihougi
Isos
victor1985
Dima
George1
NationalRus
max steel
VladimirSahin
AlfaT8
collegeboy16
flamming_python
magnumcromagnon
Morpheus Eberhardt
etaepsilonk
type055
Werewolf
Mike E
macedonian
KomissarBojanchev
Austin
Andy_Wiz
Hoof
IronsightSniper
Viktor
Julia
Robert.V
Aramonik
Serbia Forever 2
Stealthflanker
Jelena
sepheronx
Admin
milky_candy_sugar
46 posters

A little bit of artworks

Werewolf
    Werewolf

A little bit of artworks - Page 4 Empty Re: A little bit of artworks

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Looks nice. Reminds me of a Dragonball.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Werewolf wrote:Looks nice. Reminds me of a Dragonball.

Oh, that's why when I finished I thought that the stars look similiar to something... but couldn't remember.

Thanks for reminding. Very Happy
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:26 am

The below contents are the results of pure trolling and the high level of mental insanity of its writer Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil . Therefore it have no connection with the reality of this world. Twisted Evil

A little bit of artworks - Page 4 001xx_zpse68e3746

Cost: 3000 Credits
    Armaments: 220mm maingun, 30mm Gatling gun (Add-on), Propaganda Tower (Add-on)
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Sounds like the Ferdinand of the 21st C...

And no machine gun either so likely end up the same way... a dead white elephant...
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Looks like a howitzer close to Gwozdika in appearance...well in length not really overall appearance.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Werewolf wrote:Looks like a howitzer close to Gwozdika in appearance...well in length not really overall appearance.
    Agreed... Or you could say it looks like a Type-99 with a turret mounted farther back, a hull that is lengthened, and a 152 mm that *was* glued on!
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:58 am

Well, actually my imaginary tank does have a machine gun, and it has a 220mm cannon... a mix of a MBT and a heavy SPG.

higurashihougi wrote:

It was drawn base on another fictional tank, the Sentinnel from Rise of the Reds.

Actually I have little experience on drawing weapons and applying camouflaging colors.
    type055

Post  type055 Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:02 pm

higurashihougi wrote:The below contents are the results of pure trolling and the high level of mental insanity of its writer Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil . Therefore it have no connection with the reality of this world. Twisted Evil

hahaha cool I love it the star on Chinese flag is Solid
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:17 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Well, actually my imaginary tank does have a machine gun, and it has a 220mm cannon... a mix of a MBT and a heavy SPG.

higurashihougi wrote:

It was drawn base on another fictional tank, the Sentinnel from Rise of the Reds.

Actually I have little experience on drawing weapons and applying camouflaging colors.
    I'm going to call it the self-propelled limo cause that's what it looks like...That being said, good job, I only wish I could draw that well.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:51 am

Well, actually my imaginary tank does have a machine gun, and it has a 220mm cannon... a mix of a MBT and a heavy SPG.

I would have to ask a few questions... like where the engine is.

Front mounted engines are not good for IR signature and can create IR plumes over the frontal arc which degrades forward looking IR devices... not important for an artillery piece, but not so good for a tank.

the main problem with tank/artillery combos is that something has to suffer... you want a small tank, but you also want heavy protection. For artillery, protection is rather less important while lots of big calibre ready to fire rounds are useful and most of the expensive optics for detecting and attacking enemy armour are redundant on artillery too.

Old Russian SPH had direct fire anti armour rounds but only for self defence.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:14 pm

GarryB wrote:

I would have to ask a few questions... like where the engine is.

Front mounted engines are not good for IR signature and can create IR plumes over the frontal arc which degrades forward looking IR devices... not important for an artillery piece, but not so good for a tank.

the main problem with tank/artillery combos is that something has to suffer... you want a small tank, but you also want heavy protection. For artillery, protection is rather less important while lots of big calibre ready to fire rounds are useful and most of the expensive optics for detecting and attacking enemy armour are redundant on artillery too.

Old Russian SPH had direct fire anti armour rounds but only for self defence.

It's in the middle. The turret is unmanned.

Actually there is time I thought about the issues that you have pointed out. And I also thought about the very big open area in front of the turret, which is vulnerable against top-down attack.

But then my thinking was plauged by the rule "coolness >>>> realistic".

And I wonder if the engine is put in the front is there anyway to reduce the IR signature, or to transfer the heat to the rear.

After all, mechanics and physics are not my strong points.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:43 am

This is a very big and assuming heavy conventional armour likely to be a very heavy vehicle.

The engine required would need to be fairly powerful... we are really talking about a 2,000hp+ engine which would generate a very significant IR plume... sitting it in front of the turret places that IR plume in front of the IR optics of the turret... and heat up the front of the vehicle, making it much easier to spot from the front with IR sensors.

BTW if the turret is unmanned and the engine is in the middle, that means the crew are in the front?

I find artistic licence amusing... I have seen lots of "cartoon" assault rifles with the curved magazines bent the wrong way... bent back instead of curving forward...

Even artistic drawings of the Sukhoi MFI contender with the forward swept wings can't help themselves making the rear facing pods on either side of the engines the same length when on the real aircraft they are not symmetrical...
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:46 am

GarryB wrote:This is a very big and assuming heavy conventional armour likely to be a very heavy vehicle.

The engine required would need to be fairly powerful... we are really talking about a 2,000hp+ engine which would generate a very significant IR plume... sitting it in front of the turret places that IR plume in front of the IR optics of the turret... and heat up the front of the vehicle, making it much easier to spot from the front with IR sensors.

BTW if the turret is unmanned and the engine is in the middle, that means the crew are in the front?

I find artistic licence amusing... I have seen lots of "cartoon" assault rifles with the curved magazines bent the wrong way... bent back instead of curving forward...

Even artistic drawings of the Sukhoi MFI contender with the forward swept wings can't help themselves making the rear facing pods on either side of the engines the same length when on the real aircraft they are not symmetrical...

Well, it's just the law "looks cool >>>>>>>>>>> reality".

There are fictional heavy MBT or heavy SPG with exposed... nuclear engine, just for the sake of looking cool in a very stupid way.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:24 am

higurashihougi wrote:

For it's size an extra pair of tracks could be added, like in T-28 Wink
    A little bit of artworks - Page 4 T-28+Super+Heavy+002
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34 am

etaepsilonk wrote:For it's size an extra pair of tracks could be added, like in T-28 Wink

I am thinking about a set of tiny tracks in the below of the chassis, between the two main ones...
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Now this is how I imagine should be the future of russian ground attack aircraft:

The  SU-55 SEMARGL
    It has forward swept wings for better low speed performance, has 2 engines from the Tu-160 with heat dispersing nacelles, state of the art composite and titanium armor capable of stopping 23mm AP shells and 30mm HE(cockpit glass can stop 12,7mm with ease), all aspect DIRCM , chaff, flares, inbuilt tail mounted jammer plus configuration for centerline mounted ECM pods. Redundant systems are everywhere.

Unlike the Su-25, its designed to be more at home in destroying armor( 45mm revolver cannon firing 800-900rpm with tungsten core shells which carries 90 rounds)with ability to use vikhrs andf hermes, plus expanded anti-ship  and destruction of air defences capability with ability to carry  1 Onyx on the fuselage center, or 4 X-35, o 3 X-31, or 3 X-58. It also has 6, not 8 hardpoints for ground attack weapons but the payload is increased to 4250kg.

All russian TV guided weapons can be used.

A little bit of artworks - Page 4 20140914
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 am

The posterior part are a bit too small... or it is just me ? Question
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 am

higurashihougi wrote:The posterior part are a bit too small... or it is just me ? Question
    Same, but give him some slack, it is good drawing for most people nowadays...
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:37 am

Mike E wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:The posterior part are a bit too small... or it is just me ? Question

No, I did not intend to criticize or say bad thing about the drawing. tongue

@Komissar: how about apply some color Very Happy green ones like the Su-25 ?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:41 am

higurashihougi wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

I'm just messing with you... Very Happy On a side note, I might attempt to actually *draw something* for this thread! - I suck, but...........
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:54 am

Mike E wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

I'm just messing with you... Very Happy On a side note, I might attempt to actually *draw something* for this thread! - I suck, but...........

More than welcome to add some artworks Very Happy Very Happy
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:35 am

The posterior part are a bit too small... or it is just me ?

Dont need a big rear.

It looks good to me except for the choice of engines... I think 2 x 25 ton thrust engines would be a bit too much power and suck up too much fuel.

Otherwise I looks fine to me.... perhaps a pusher turboprop engine?

can I suggest you look here:

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/673750.html

I am sure you will like those... even stuff based on the hind...

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:05 am

Trolling about Russia's cyborg troops

A little bit of artworks - Page 4 HigurashiHougiSelfService00002_zpsb0a9b328

A little bit of artworks - Page 4 HigurashiHougiSelfService00003_zps8062e35d

Cost: 850 credits
    Armament: Miniature Tesla Coil, Tesla Katana

Shock Trooper is one of Russia's elite cyborg units. It is the special units of the Experimental Technology sub-faction.

Background:

As the years passed, people's opinion about the strongest infantries in Russian Armed force took a drastic change for several reasons. The elite of the elite was no longer the famed Spetnaz, but became the Experimental Shock Division, the personal army of Chief Marshall Lý Thiện Trường, Director of the Experimental Technology Department.

The Shock Division is a product of the most advanced, novel, and craziest technological breakthrough of the ETD. Basically these soldiers are cyborgs, that means they are half-human-half-machine. Thanks to the artificial organs, limbs and sensors, the Shock Trooper received a drastically increase of strength, fighting capability and survivability rate. Leaked information implies that, the inhuman abilities of Shock Trooper are actually enhanced by some sort of "magic potion" or "spiritual power" which only the Chief Marshall knows, but there is no evidences to support such wild claims yet.

Due to the exotic nature of the project, Russian Shock Division only accepts volunteers, dead people, mortally wounded or terminally ill patients, and death-penalty criminals. Like the Chief Marshall himself said "Somebody who are crazy enough to join, have nothing to lose, or nobody care if they die. Somebody who are very identical to me."

The Shock Trooper are the ones who handle the most dirty or dangerous, depends on situations, tasks and missions which even the most well-trained units do not have the guts to do. It is said that the Shock Troopers are responsible for the most unbelievable assasinations of many political figures in the world, including the cases when these assasinated people were being protected by some of the most well-trained units and the most advanced, safest defense systems. The first documented appearance of these cyborgs is, however, noted in a defensive mission, when a heavily outnumbered contingent of Shock Troopers successfully protect a secret base near Israel-Syrian borders, and then launched a couter-attack, virtually killed all the US-Israel troops in the Golan Heights and retreated with very few casualties.

It is clear that there is no one can challenge the position of Russia's Experimental Shock Troopers as the most powerful and ruthless combat unit in the world. However, when the public usually saw these Shock Troopers as brainwashed, heartless and inhuman creatures, only a number of selected people know the truth is that many of the well-known Russian activitists, musical stars, celebrities... are actually Shock Troopers in disguise. Yes, although half of their bodies are machine, the Shock Troopers are human in heart. Who can stop them from having emotions or living a normal life ? Not to mention they are very ka-waii and loveable.

The only case when they have to show their frightening is the battlefields.

It just that their leader, the Chief Marshall Lý Thiện Trường has a habit of being scary in a very unneccessary way.

Upgrades:
    ---Cyborg legs: increase 25% speed and gain the ability "Dash".
    ---Adaptive armor: increase the resistance against NBC and EMP weapons.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:57 am

My concept for a WW2 era soviet heavy destroyer leader that probably would've been built of the USSR wasn't invaded.
    Kishinev class-6 ships built 1941-44 I gave them probable names given the soviet ship naming system at the time.
    Kishinev
    Pskov
    Bishkek
    Dushanbe
    Lvov
    Irkutsk
    Tonnage: 3200t
    Speed:42 Knots
    Armor:45mm armor belt
             60mm bridge

Armament:
    4x2 130mm/50 B2LM turrets
    4x2 76mm/55 39-K dual purpose turrets
    3x2 37mm 66-K AA turrets
    4x1 37mm 70-K AA turrets
    4x1 12,7mm DShK AA MGs
    2x2 12,7mm DShKM AA turrets
    2x5 533mm torpedo tubes with reloads
    40 depth charges
    4x1 BMB-1 depth charge throwers
    Any type of soviet mine

Equipment: Fully equipped with Search, AA, and artillery Radar, Sonar, and paravans

A little bit of artworks - Page 4 20141010
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:53 pm

@Komissar: please correct me if I am wrong, but it is said that the formula of heavy ships and big guns was not very successful in the WWII due to the rise of aircraft carriers and submarine ? Question

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:18 am