Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
kvs
As Sa'iqa
higurashihougi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Sujoy
cracker
dino00
EKS
Mindstorm
KomissarBojanchev
dionis
medo
nemrod
arpakola
flamming_python
mack8
Cyberspec
onwiththewar
ali.a.r
magnumcromagnon
etaepsilonk
TR1
GustavoHF
sepheronx
Firebird
fragmachine
Asf
Petro007
gregoire
Airbornewolf
Werewolf
Mike E
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Vann7
Big_Gazza
Regular
d_taddei2
AlfaT8
Flyingdutchman
TheGeorgian
Hannibal Barca
Feldmarszal
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #8

sepheronx
    sepheronx

The Situation in the Ukraine. #8 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #8

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:17 am

OK, well, it makes it hard then to determine.  Is it a government tank or a rebels tank?  Add to that, is the tank a T-80 turrent modified or is it really a T-72B3 turret?

Very interesting and exciting.  Although, number 1 question is, if it is a T-72B3, then how did the rebels get a hold of it and why are they giving them such tanks when there are plenty of T-80's and T-64's that wouldn't be obvious that they came from Russia?

Edit: Yeah, I think it is a T-72B3. Turret looks like a T-72.

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

The Situation in the Ukraine. #8 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #8

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:17 am

Nothing is Photoshopped.

It is 100%, a T-72B3. Not the only one spotted in Ukraine. No amount of mental gymnastics or desperation will change that.

That obvious T-80 photoshop can be spotted a mile away.

I would suggest you keep the speculation to others Van, because it is quite obvious your knowlege of Soviet era tank models is severely lacking.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:21 am

sepheronx wrote:Well, rather than saying photoshop, the question is the video in question.  It is an RT video based upon the picture.  So if someone can post the video, that would be able to help solve this issue.

My guess is.. could be..
    1)Ukraine have mods on 72 tanks that looks like the T-72b3 that Russia have.
    2)or it was a setup.. I saw the turrest but where is the other part of the tank? vaporized?

really not convinced.

Im sure Russia helps the rebels and even give weapons and probably a hundred special forces and others private volunteers.. but sending a T-72b3.. when they can send one that looks older generation and do the same job.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:22 am

sepheronx wrote:OK, well, it makes it hard then to determine.  Is it a government tank or a rebels tank?  Add to that, is the tank a T-80 turrent modified or is it really a T-72B3 turret?

Very interesting and exciting.  Although, number 1 question is, if it is a T-72B3, then how did the rebels get a hold of it and why are they giving them such tanks when there are plenty of T-80's and T-64's that wouldn't be obvious that they came from Russia?

NO, IT IS NOT HARD TO DETERMINE.

Holy shit talking to you people is like talking to a pile of bricks.
    Go to Otvaga2004, ask the Russians there if you don't believe me.

T-80 turret is completely different, no T-80s have been spotted in combat whatsoever.
    T-80 would NOT be an obvious choice, it has much higher fuel consumption than T-72, and the Ukranian's don't even use it anymore.

Sending T-72B3 is stupid, but it is clear they just don't care that much about sending what is obviously a formerly Ru army vehicle. Just like when they sent T-64s that obviously came from Russia (and were not even covered up during transit) recently modernized Russian BMD-2s, BTR-82s and BTR-80s with modernized Russian sights.
    The T-72B3 transfer pisses me off than the rest because it is actually an expensive vehicle intended for the Russian army itself.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:23 am

Settle down TR1.  You are going to have a heart attack.

Talking to you is like talking to shit.  At least shit has a decent remark though and can have a decent conversation.

My suggestion? wind the fuck down.

As well, I have not seen BTR-82's in service by Novorussians. Only picture at the border post and that was it.

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:24 am

Haha, and like talking to you is any better TR1... 

- Chances are those were from Russia, but who said that was a bad thing?

Last edited by Mike E on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 am

Yes, I am. The willful ignorance and stupidity displayed by many members in this thread is mind-numbing.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 am

TR1 wrote:Nothing is Photoshopped.

It is 100%, a T-72B3. Not the only one spotted in Ukraine. No amount of mental gymnastics or desperation will change that.

I would suggest you keep the speculation to others Van, because it is quite obvious your knowlege of Soviet era tank models is severely lacking.

Read the description of the video.. says Dobass batallion destroyed..  from the kiev junta..
    all the military hardware there was from the nazis..
    So either Kiev managed to get one T-72b3 ... or is a mod to a t-72 they have that looks like the Russian one externally or at least the turret.   or maybe they captured one from novorosiya and later they were wiped
    ..but highly unlikely .. My bet is on an ukraine mod.

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 am

Mike E wrote:Haha, and like talking to you is any better TR1... 

Aside from the fact that aside from you geniuses I know what a T-72B3 looks like.

You guys should probably start with that before trying to argue with me.

And no, not chances. It is 100% from Russia.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:26 am

Vann7 wrote:

Read the description of the video.. says Dobass batallion destroyed..  from the kiev junta..
    So either Kiev managed to get one T-72b3 ... or is a mod to a t-72 they have that looks like the Russian one externally or at least the turret.  Very Happy
    Please, at the very least, consider that is came from Russia. Not saying it did, but it is best to look at every side of the scenario.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:26 am

TR1 wrote:Yes, I am. The willful ignorance and stupidity displayed by many members in this thread is mind-numbing.

Then settle the hell down and instead of insulting members, maybe disprove them.  But you go on a tirade because of whatever complications that you have.  You used to insult me when I would get mad in the economic thread.  Well, might I suggest you do the same here?

Thanks.

TR1 wrote:

Aside from the fact that aside from you geniuses I know what a T-72B3 looks like.

He didn't say it was a T-80. We did a quick speculation because of PS, but quickly, I noticed the difference in the turret and so are others. But you are just being an ass.

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:27 am

TR1 wrote:

Yeah, and so do I.

"Chances", go read what I just said to Vann7, you need to do the same thing.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:29 am

Vann7 wrote:

So either Kiev managed to get one T-72b3 ... or is a mod to a t-72 they have that looks like the Russian one externally or at least the turret.  Very Happy

Oh sweet Muhammad Jesus and Moses all in one.

Yes. The Ukrainians captured a T-72B3 (or two). There was clear photographic proof of it.
    Apparently they did not hold on to it for long, as it was destroyed afterwords in this rebel ambush.

Nothing implausible about this, unlike your moronic theories.

I know most of you don't even read Russian, but here:
    http://lostarmour.info/spoils/
    http://lostarmour.info/armour/

It is all there. A nice site kept up by mostly pro-Russians too. Let me guess, you are smarter then all of them, eh?

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:30 am

http://lostarmour.info/spoils/item.php?id=578

Yeah, I see it.

Edit: Never even noticed how big of a loss Ukraine military has had in equipment. Holy cow.

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:31 am

sepheronx wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Yes, I am. The willful ignorance and stupidity displayed by many members in this thread is mind-numbing.

Then settle the hell down and instead of insulting members, maybe disprove them.  But you go on a tirade because of whatever complications that you have.  You used to insult me when I would get mad in the economic thread.  Well, might I suggest you do the same here?

He didn't say it was a T-80.  We did a quick speculation because of PS, but quickly, I noticed the difference in the turret and so are others.  But you are just being an ass.

Uh excuse me. You insulted Austin while spouting nonsense about who Russia trades with in what amounts.

Here, I am arguing for what is undeniable, obvious fact.

Slight difference.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:32 am

TR1 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

He didn't say it was a T-80.  We did a quick speculation because of PS, but quickly, I noticed the difference in the turret and so are others.  But you are just being an ass.

Uh excuse me. You insulted Austin while spouting nonsense about who Russia trades with in what amounts.

Here, I am arguing for what is undeniable, obvious fact.

Slight difference.

It wasn't nonsense. I asked you guys for even facts and received none. At least here, you provide something. Which is nice for a change.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:33 am

Oh really, let's jog your memory then:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t2963p495-the-status-of-the-russian-economy-and-its-perceived-oil-dependency

Start with the top post. Doesn't look so good, does it?

Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:33 am

TR1 wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

Yes. The Ukrainians captured a T-72B3 (or two). There was clear photographic proof of it.
    Apparently they did not hold on to it for long, as it was destroyed afterwords in this rebel ambush.

It is all there. A nice site kept up by mostly pro-Russians too. Let me guess, you are smarter then all of them, eh?

Oh sweet Muhammad Jesus all in two, at least be open minded TR1 (everyone else as well)! The most intelligent person, which you clearly think is yourself, is the one that looks at every side and is open-minded! Not being so is a characteristic, of, I don't know, trolls! So what if Russia is supplying tanks, it isn't like they are invading like the US did to Iraq etc! - The evidence in favor of the "invasion" is ridiculous at best.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:35 am

TR1 wrote:Oh really, let's jog your memory then:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t2963p495-the-status-of-the-russian-economy-and-its-perceived-oil-dependency

Start with the top post. Doesn't look so good, does it?

Yeah, EU of a number of nations vs 1 nation = China.

BTW:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-02/chart-obama-does-not-want-merkel-see

Seems EU may need Russian trade afterall lol

Tack on the next oil/gas deal with China, in the hundreds of billions, may change everything.

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:36 am

Mike E wrote:
    Please, at the very least, consider that is came from Russia. Not saying it did, but it is best to look at every side of the scenario.

Very small chance.. very unlikely.. Russia will not send T-72b3 tanks ,that Ukraine is not supposed to have..
    IF Russia wanted to help will mod Tanks to look like T-80.. or simply send T-72 cheap models that Ukraine have.
    The video info even says it was a kiev convoy the one destroyed.

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:36 am

Mike E wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

Oh sweet Muhammad Jesus all in two, at least be open minded TR1 (everyone else as well)! The most intelligent person, which you clearly think is yourself, is the one that looks at every side and is open-minded! Not being so is a characteristic, of, I don't know, trolls! So what if Russia is supplying tanks, it isn't like they are invading like the US did to Iraq etc! - The evidence in favor of the "invasion" is ridiculous at best.

I am open minded when there is room to be open minded.

No such room regarding this latest tank debacle.

Or the T-64 fiasco, where half this forum made asses of themselves trying to deny it.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:37 am

Vann7 wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Very small chance.. very unlikely.. Russia will not send T-72b3 tanks ,that Ukraine is not supposed to have..
    IF Russia wanted to help will mod Tanks to look like T-80.. or simply send T-72 cheap models that Ukraine have.
    I hate to say that the "small chance" is actually quite big. Kiev isn't smart enough to fake this, and that is something you of all people knows very well!

Last edited by Mike E on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 am

Vann7 wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Why would it mod tanks to look like T-80?

You are aware Ukraine does not field any T-80s these days, and certainly not in the field? Right?

Ukraine doesn't even use any serious T-72 numbers, so the only way they could have gotten somewhat away with it is if they sent T-64s (which they did). However even that they did so clumsily it was obvious a number of rebel T-64s came from Russia (not counting the ones they captured from Ukranian army). Now, they just clearly don't care.
    What is several million stolen dollars to the Russian leadership I guess Smile .
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 am

Mike E wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

I hate to say that that "small chance" is actually quite big. Kiev isn't smart enough to fake this, and that is something you of all people knows very well!

Nor does Kiev have the money to fake it.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 am

Yeah, cause blackmailing Sepheronx and trolling Vann7 is so open minded! 

There is always room.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am