macedonian wrote:Don't want to derail the thread any further than I already did, but I'll say this,
In order for the divide and conquer game to be successful - there are a few prerequisites that first need to be fulfilled:
1. An ignorant population that doesn't see through the game and its own assigned role of mere cannon fodder in it;
2. A very strong inferiority complex that can either results in [false] nationalism or in defeatism;
3. False grandeur (usually historical romanticism);
4. Poverty and laziness of the populace;
5. Historical hatred between nations (see points 1,2 and 3 here also)
6. Ethnic and/or Religious differences that can easily be exploited (see points 1, 2, 3, and 5 here also)
So as much as I'd like to pin all the blame on Uncle Sam (and I do think that the "New American Empire", [which closely mimics the Roman Empire btw], is playing the game of Divide Et Impera in Europe), one has to be honest and confess that Europe is quite a fertile ground for the said game, and will continue to be such, as long as points 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 are a reality. The EU is a part of this problem too, it's presented as an "Elitist Club" to poorer nations, while the richer nations' oligarchs literally pillage their national wealth and resources. Such is the sad reality in this European continent.
dont blame the people beeing pathetic , when their leader announces their death sentance..
I wonder what will remain of Putin after that.
No one will refer on Crimea.. and everybody will refer t the lossof Donbass and Odessa