Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+29
Gomig-21
LMFS
Tsavo Lion
Benya
KoTeMoRe
d_taddei2
OminousSpudd
SeigSoloyvov
Cyrus the great
Isos
Book.
GunshipDemocracy
mack8
Viktor
George1
GarryB
TheArmenian
medo
macedonian
Asf
Hannibal Barca
Austin
Vann7
collegeboy16
mutantsushi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Werewolf
TR1
magnumcromagnon
33 posters

Ka-52K for Russian Navy

Viktor
    Viktor

Ka-52K for Russian Navy Empty Ka-52K for Russian Navy

Post  Viktor Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:48 pm

So here we go ... aparently 16 Ka-52K will be based on each Mistral

Defense Ministry bought 32 decked Ka-52K

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Ka-52K for Russian Navy Empty Re: Ka-52K for Russian Navy

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:38 pm

Viktor wrote:So here we go ... aparently 16 Ka-52K will be based on each Mistral

That's an insane amount of firepower if you think about, especially if the "copters" come equipped with 40-100km ranged Hermes multi-purpose missiles!
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Hermes will never get 100km or anywhere near that sort of range from a Helicopter.

Let's get a 40km version in service before we talk of such wild numbers Wink.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Viktor wrote:So here we go ... aparently 16 Ka-52K will be based on each Mistral

Not all at once. There will be 8 Ka-52K on Mistral, but buying 16 for each Mistral means rotation of helicopters on tours, for longer service life as well as for reserve for lost helicopters.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:50 pm

TR1 wrote:Hermes will never get 100km or anywhere near that sort of range from a Helicopter.

Ahh, TR1 always the pessimist.Ka-52K for Russian Navy Icon_cry  Can a man dream? Was man never supposed to fly? Was man never meant to leave Earth's Orbit? I dream of a world of no disease, no famine, no war, and a Hermes missile that's air-launched with a 100km range. Cool
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Hermes will never get 100km or anywhere near that sort of range from a Helicopter.

Ahh, TR1 always the pessimist.Ka-52K for Russian Navy Icon_cry  Can a man dream? Was man never supposed to fly? Was man never meant to leave Earth's Orbit? I dream of a world of no disease, no famine, no war, and a Hermes missile that's air-launched with a 100km range. Cool

Well 100km from heliborne launch is not possible it would need to be launched at least from 8km altitude just to surpass 50km mark and it would need a slow burning motor for high altitude launches so it is not suitable for heliborne missions. 20km is easy with the Hermes and the figures we know about it and 40km would be in the figure of future Hermes development to have the longer arm to full fill SEAD/DEAD missions without endangering itself.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:48 pm

Even the exportable surface-launched version of Germes, with a 210 mm first stage, has a range of 100 km. Let's also keep in mind that the missiles for Germes, Pantsir', and Palash are controlled during the first stage burn.

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:55 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:

Realist my friend Wink .

The reality is not so bad to rely on pipe dreams. Ka-52 is a kick ass helo as is.
    Also let us not forget 10 years ago it seemed certain the Ka-50 program was dead, with no hope for revival!
    And now there are hundreds of new attack helos on orders, and several dozen delivered each year.

Naval Ka-52K is not something I could have even dreamed of.
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:42 am

what operational point is there in 100km range from a helicopter? how is it acquiring targets?
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:08 am

mutantsushi wrote:what operational point is there in 100km range from a helicopter?  how is it acquiring targets?
    i too think 40km is enough. anything bigger and you need a jet.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:33 am

what operational point is there in 100km range from a helicopter? how is it acquiring targets?

Hermes comes with a range of targeting options... From memory there was satellite guided (GLONASS), semi active laser spot homing, IR, and MMW Radar guidance options with the first part of the trajectory being radio command.

The extended range is intended to allow standoff launch capability to protect the helos.

Note of course with a RVV-BD missile it could shoot down enemy aircraft 200km+ away too...  Twisted Evil 
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Ka-52s can fly very low and avoid any warship radar up to 40km distance from it ,when the the line of sight ends and launch an anti ship missile. They also can become the early warning system ,the eyes of low flying enemy planes too of a warship formation. What will be cool is small range Kalibers ~50km ,launched from Ka-52s.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:07 pm

I think Ka-52K will use Kh-31 missile, maybe in both versions, anti-ship and anti-radar, as it will have proper radar in nose and excellent ESW, which could work with anti-radar missiles. This missile will give quite a long range to Ka-52K and if integration of anti-radar missile go well, than maybe even standard Ka-52 could use it placed on inside pylons.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:46 am

Should add that the total capacity of the Mistral class vessels is 16 aircraft each so I suspect that 8 will be the standard compliment with 8 on land as a reserve till the next two are built... if they are built.

If not then having extra aircraft is OK.

I would suspect that for a Ka-52K they might adapt an IIR homing model Kh-38 for the role... 250kg HE payload and 80km range in the domestic version with totally passive guidance would be very useful in the anti ship role.
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:22 am

Defense Ministry will receive nearly 150 attack helicopters Ka-52 "Alligator" 2020

http://itar-tass.com/politika/1275689

MOSCOW, June 24. / ITAR-TASS /. One hundred forty six attack helicopters Ka-52 "Alligator" to supply the Russian Defense Ministry Arsenyev Aviation Company "Progress" (Primorye) until 2020. This was announced on Tuesday, Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov.

"Plant feels stable, has long-term contract for the supply of 146 helicopters Ka-52" Alligator "by 2020, the plans - 32 naval helicopter version," - he said. The deputy minister stressed that the fleet waiting for Ka-52K, which will be used to construct and helicopter type "Mistral".

Yuri Borisov arrived in Primorye, to check the progress of a number of contracts for the state defense order, and to assess production capabilities of defense industry enterprises. During the meeting with the plant's management discussed a new contract on the serial delivery in 2015-2016 Ka-52K, the press service of the Defense Ministry.

"Particular attention was paid to issues of import, including the accessories from the Ukraine, but critical questions asked this question painlessly solve" - ​​said Borisov.

New generation attack helicopter Ka-52 "Alligator" is equipped with modern avionics and a powerful offensive weapons, which can be configured for a variety of combat missions.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:03 am

Finally this is some good numbers
    Asf

Post  Asf Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:35 pm

32 naval helicopter version

Strange, seems like less than a three squadrons. But there will be four mistrals!
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Asf wrote:

Strange, seems like less than a three squadrons. But there will be four mistrals!

There will be no more than two Mistrals unless EU policies change significantly and they turn their back on the US.
    And I think there's a bigger chance of Russia drilling for oil on Venus, and mining gold on Jupiter than that ever happening.
    Asf

Post  Asf Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:36 pm

There will be no more than two Mistrals unless EU policies change significantly 

Another two was planned to build in Russia. It was in a contract I presume.

I've checked on the internet, seems there will be only 8 Ka-52's per a Mistral plus 8 multi-purpose helicopters, as one ship can take only 16 helicopters. 32/8=4. But still there must be a reserve copters, I think
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Asf wrote:
    There will be no more than two Mistrals unless EU policies change significantly 

Another two was planned to build in Russia. It was in a contract I presume.
    Yes, true - they were in the initial deal. Not going to happen if you ask me.

Asf wrote:I've checked on the internet, seems there will be only 8 Ka-52's per a Mistral plus 8 multi-purpose helicopters, as one ship can take only 16 helicopters. 32/8=4.
    Well you shouldn't mix maths (or anything else for that matter) with politics...the results NEVER add up.  Very Happy 
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:36 pm

I think Russia will have only two, if all will go right, so they will have 16 Ka-52 helicopters on two Mistrals and 16 helicopters in reserve for training and for rotation on Mistrals to prolong their life time in the sea environment.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:48 pm

macedonian wrote:
    Asf wrote:

There will be no more than two Mistrals unless EU policies change significantly and they turn their back on the US.
    And I think there's a bigger chance of Russia drilling for oil on Venus, and mining gold on Jupiter than that ever happening.

I think there is bigger chance than that.
    Remember, the Mistral are something like a gift (bribe) to France to get concessions or deals somewhere else. The fate of the second 2 Mistrals is very much dependent on the "behind the curtain" deal being made between Russia/EU/US/Kiev/Donbass over the whole Ukraine affair. It is a leverage Russia is using (just like the Georgia case in 2008).
    The future will tell.
    Personally, I don't like Russia buying any military hardware from abroad. However, if it will help Russia and the anti-Kiev Ukrainians get a better deal, than I am all for it.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Ka-52K for Russian Navy Empty Defense Ministry will receive nearly 150 attack helicopters Ka-52 "Alligator" 2020

Post  GarryB Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:50 am

Most likely they will have 8 Ka-52K helos on each Mistral carrier, so with the first two I suspect 32 would offer a standard load with reserve aircraft for two full loads for the first two ships.

I wouldn't try to second guess the Russian Navy... they have said they will try the first two vessels and decide if they are useful before deciding if they want the other two. I rather expect they will want the other two that will likely be further adapted to their needs and be more Russian than the first two.

I've checked on the internet, seems there will be only 8 Ka-52's per a Mistral plus 8 multi-purpose helicopters, as one ship can take only 16 helicopters. 32/8=4. But still there must be a reserve copters, I think

The capacity is 16 helos per vessel but there are three types of helos it will operate as standard. The Ka-52K of course as a standard fighter/attack helo with AESA radar. The Ka-29 combat transport helo for troop transport and landing zone suppression with unguided rockets, cannon, and ATGMs. Finally the little Ka-226T light weight multirole helicopter with removable pods for different purposes.

In practise a Mistral might carry 6 Ka-52K, 6 Ka-29M, and 6 Ka-226T helos (the light weight Ka-226T allowing more helos to be carried).

Personally, I don't like Russia buying any military hardware from abroad. However, if it will help Russia and the anti-Kiev Ukrainians get a better deal, than I am all for it.

Russia in my opinion can't afford to cut ties with France... I would love for there to be a Russian designed helicopter carrier that could be built in 2-3 years and be a proven mature design but that just isn't going to happen. The four Mistral carriers will be excellent for the Russian Navy and excellent support vessels that will make Japan think twice and three times about taking their northern territories back by force. It will demand infrastructure and spending in the far east... which needs it, and it will demand spending in support vessels and infrastructure.

Equally the Ka-226T uses French engines.. which will make the aircraft more appealing on the world market... it is a clever design that deserves success. experience with working with Thales of France has been very beneficial to Russia and there is no reason to stop this... IMHO.

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Russian Defense Ministry plans to buy 32 Ka-52K helicopters for Mistral ships

Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yury Borisov visited the Progress aircraft manufacturing company, based in the city of Arsenyevsk, Primorye Territory, where he discussed potential acquisitions of Kamov Ka-52K ship-based helicopters for Mistral-class helicopter carriers, the Russian Defense Ministry said in a press release, seen by Interfax-AVN on Tuesday.

"The plant is in a stable position and has a long-term contract on the delivery of 146 Ka-52 Alligator helicopters for the period up to 2020. Further plans include [the sale of] 32 ship-based helicopters," Borisov was quoted as saying by the ministry's press service. When commenting on a contract with Russia's Navy, the deputy minister said that the "Navy is expecting Ka-52 helicopters, which will be placed on board the Mistral-type ships currently under construction."

orisov arrived in the Primorye Territory on June 24 to inspect the implementation of earlier signed defense contracts and analyze the production capabilities of local defense industry enterprises. The deputy minister positively assessed the way the Progress aircraft manufacturing company, which is a member of the Russian Helicopters Holding, has been fulfilling this year's defense contracts.

Borisov visited the plant's sections where Ka-52 Alligator helicopters are produced, saying that the enterprise's work on the 2014 defense contracts has been successful and it is prepared to tackle next year's defense orders. During the visit, Borisov and the plant's management discussed a new deal on Ka-52K helicopter deliveries in 2015 and 2016. "We paid great attention to import replacement issues, including as far as components received from Ukraine as concerned. These issues are not critical. They can be resolved quite painlessly," Borisov said.

t the end of his visit, the deputy minister watched a demonstration flight by a Ka-52 Alligator helicopter. Ka-52 is a new-generation helicopter that can be used in any weather and at night as well as in the daytime. It is a two-seat modification of the Ka-50 Black Shark attack helicopter and can destroy armored vehicles and low-speed air targets, carry out reconnaissance missions and coordinate groups of combat helicopters. The Progress plant is currently preparing to launch the production of Ka-52K helicopters for the Russian Navy. Progress is a hi-tech enterprise that specializes in manufacturing advanced helicopters.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:19 pm

We have numbers for 2014 -  thumbsup 

Three first Ka-52K deck will be transferred to the Navy by the end of the year

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 am