Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
ali.a.r
Zivo
calripson
Sujoy
Russian Patriot
collegeboy16
Airbornewolf
TheArmenian
mutantsushi
As Sa'iqa
Werewolf
Admin
russianumber1
magnumcromagnon
mack8
medo
Pyrrus
navyfield
Cyberspec
zino
Hannibal Barca
etaepsilonk
George1
Viktor
KomissarBojanchev
AlfaT8
Firebird
Austin
Regular
sepheronx
d_taddei2
zg18
TR1
macedonian
flamming_python
GarryB
TheRealist
41 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

macedonian
    macedonian

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

Post  macedonian Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Regular wrote:
    Kosovo and Bosnia is walk in the park.
    Feel free to join in the party than. The pay is good, but you end up a different person altogether afterwards.
    Regular wrote:But I do really hope the spirit will be different if NATO will be attacked. It would be a shame for them not to bolster their capabilities and push for more ABM.
    READ MY LIPS: NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOOD EVER CAME FROM NATO!
    But You're entitled to your opinion.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:57 pm

You guys need to chill out. Everyone does. We're on the verge of entering a major war.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:01 pm

flamming_python wrote:You guys need to chill out. Everyone does. We're on the verge of entering a major war.

Oh I'm pretty chilled at the moment.
    Still speak my mind though.

----edit:
    It's effin' Saturday - who the hell isn't chilled?!
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:

and do not even get me started on your "excited" comment on being drawn up supposedly for armed conflict. just the fact that i should spell out the reality of war for you explains enough on itself.

you do not represent any of NATO, you sound like one of those weekend-warrior kids that played one too many Call of Duty games and act like they are the NATO party on here. too bad for you, i am around here.

"let our more determined colleagues to die"?. so what are you?. the sock-counting magazine asshole way away in safety from enemy lines?. just your sentence alone is gut-wrenching to any front-line soldier no matter his origin,background or nationality.

whatever mistakes, fuckups and idiots the U.S does or send to fight their wars. its still troops/coffins going back home dead to fammilies you jackass. if you got such of a strong opinion about it maybe you want to contribute to the education and lecture to U.S troops and students of what they are getting into instead of throwing them to the meat grinder?. its easy to let someone else do the dying and combat for you doesnt it?.

with all respects to the mods on this forum. but i know when i smell a rat. and this is one of those cases.
    Don't get Your panties in a twist mister. Sorry, did You say You are a war veteran or just veteran? I'm pretty sure I can claim myself as a veteran having never left my country in the uniform. Seen plenty of our ISAF guys coming back, didn't strike me as veterans of WW2 or Partisans fighting NKVD. No disrespect here, but just look what kind of responsibility falls on our region and You will understand. It was rebuilding mission for us, not fight against insurgency. SF guys are different talk, people I know who still serve are not bragging about it not even personally. 
    Did I even mention about NATO operations or internal structure or operations? I'm might be not aware of all smidgens but NATO is not monolith, I was never aware that there is such thing as NATO mentality. Very Happy Haha, mate, I don't want to drag this out, but can You explain me more about it?

nd do not even get me started on your "excited" comment on being drawn up supposedly for armed conflict. just the fact that i should spell out the reality of war for you explains enough on itself. 

Oh common, it's weakness of opponent that attracts aggression. I'm pro militarist and I believe soft power is worth nothing. The more Europe and NATO will become weaker the more unstable region will be. Be it internal conflict or external.
    And any war You think I'm preaching would be with less casualties than Ukrainian hooligan fight. Believe me, to fight war first they have to build army out of clay. And there is no clay, just shit.

you do not represent any of NATO, you sound like one of those weekend-warrior kids that played one too many Call of Duty games and act like they are the NATO party on here. too bad for you, i am around here. 

Well I don't represent NATO now but technically I'm still on active reserves as anyone who already served in my country till the age of fifty something. And yes I was in the weekend warrior in Volunteer army KASP. And KASP was in the sandbox as well. I had personal reasons why I never applied for deployment. 

"let our more determined colleagues to die"?. so what are you?. the sock-counting magazine asshole way away in safety from enemy lines?. just your sentence alone is gut-wrenching to any front-line soldier no matter his origin,background or nationality. 

I was being nihilistic, but You failed to understand. My country men died because they where not allowed to shoot back! Of course tight ROE cost lives. But guess who draw these red lines- it's not soldiers.

whatever mistakes, fuckups and idiots the U.S does or send to fight their wars. its still troops/coffins going back home dead to fammilies you jackass. if you got such of a strong opinion about it maybe you want to contribute to the education and lecture to U.S troops and students of what they are getting into instead of throwing them to the meat grinder?. its easy to let someone else do the dying and combat for you doesnt it?. 

No one told them to go. I could go and I didn't. I didn't see how it was more important to be away from my own country. Does it make sense? My relatives were sent by Soviet army to fight there without any say in that. You think if I really care about Afghans or cause of that meat grinder? What was achieved? They are not my brothers, this is not my fight, this war is yours.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Hey I've only met borderguards sent to those places. Meh.. Money wise it's not that great.

READ MY LIPS: NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOOD EVER CAME FROM NATO!
    But You're entitled to your opinion.

France did Very Happy But maybe You are right.
    Still it was no option for us. We had to take that ride. In perfect world NATO should be without US.

flamming_python wrote:You guys need to chill out. Everyone does. We're on the verge of entering a major war.

Do You honestly think that way?Very Happy Maybe Vanga was right? Hell no, it's more or less major ass beating. Only people are talking about major war are the ones on the receiving end. So far Ukrainians, EU and US are paralyzed.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:15 pm

flamming_python wrote:We're on the verge of entering a major war.

Oh I beg to differ on that one FP.
    We're CERTAINLY NOT!
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Regular wrote:Still it was no option for us. We had to take that ride.
    Again - you're entitled to your opinion here. I'd prefer a Finland type of policy, but whatever you guys thought was best for you...

Regular wrote:In perfect world NATO should be without US.
    NATO without the US...YES, but that seems like NO NATO at all...
    But let's not get that far off-topic
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Well, this is a laugh:

BBC wrote:Ukraine's acting President Olexander Turchynov said he had put the army on full alert but urged people to remain calm.

In a televised address, he asked Ukrainians to bridge divisions in the country and said they must not fall for provocations.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:59 pm

For now, the most important is, that Janukovich return back in Ukraine in Eastern region, and that Eastern regions must recognize him as only legitimate Ukrainian president and police and military in the east must recognize him as legitimate C-in-C. Conflict must be internal Ukrainian, not Ukraine against Russia. This will negate legitimacy of Maidanuts in Kiev. Than they should start negotiations with Kiev for peaceful separating of both parts and let the Maidanuts be legitimate government in independent western part. Crimea should negotiate with Janukovich for status of Crimea or its independence and Russian army should stay out of Ukraine. If eastern Ukraine become independent, Crimea could stay autonomy region in eastern Ukraine.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:00 pm

macedonian wrote:Well, this is a laugh:

BBC wrote:Ukraine's acting President Olexander Turchynov said he had put the army on full alert but urged people to remain calm.

In a televised address, he asked Ukrainians to bridge divisions in the country and said they must not fall for provocations.

BBC is full of lies, the fact is Ukraine army doesn't recognize the fascists as their new leaders, there won't be any war, they will stay calm and than throw this scum into jail where they belong for eternity.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Werewolf wrote:BBC is full of lies, the fact is Ukraine army doesn't recognize the fascists as their new leaders, there won't be any war, they will stay calm and than throw this scum into jail where they belong for eternity.

The BBC is a joke for quite a long time now...agreed on that. It's merely a propaganda outlet for No.10's policies.
    But what I find even funnier is some of the Slavic people (Polish, Slovakian, Czech) sprouting anti-Russiaan propaganda on mp.net.
    And here's what I say in response to that: they deserve to be ruled by Germany! Let them enjoy their treatment! Screw those masochistic self-haters!
    Dostoyevsky was right after all!

russia

Edit----
    I tend to drink Rakija on weekends...
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:18 pm

macedonian wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:BBC is full of lies, the fact is Ukraine army doesn't recognize the fascists as their new leaders, there won't be any war, they will stay calm and than throw this scum into jail where they belong for eternity.

The BBC is a joke for quite a long time now...agreed on that. It's merely a propaganda outlet for No.10's policies.
    But what I find even funnier is some of the Slavic people (Polish, Slovakian, Czech) sprouting anti-Russiaan propaganda on mp.net.
    And here's what I say in response to that: they deserve to be ruled by Germany! Let them enjoy their treatment! Screw those masochistic self-haters!
    Dostoyevsky was right after all!

russia 

When nazis take rule in Europe, they will be ruled by Germany. Just wait after May elections. Gennie is out of bottle.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:22 pm

medo wrote:When nazis take rule in Europe, they will be ruled by Germany. Just wait after May elections. Gennie is out of bottle.

My grandfather once defeated those bastards while being a partisan - I guess this time it'll be my duty to do the same!
    And I ain't afraid of the Krouts ONE BIT!
    I say: bring it on!
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Werewolf wrote:

BBC is full of lies, the fact is Ukraine army doesn't recognize the fascists as their new leaders, there won't be any war, they will stay calm and than throw this scum into jail where they belong for eternity.

I think those Maidanuts will stay in power in the western part as eastern part will not want to have constant revolutions from westerners. Let them go to EU and NATO and have their fascists in power. For now most important job of Janukovich and eastern Ukraine is, that partition of Ukraine is reached in peaceful way.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Let me post some propaganda here:

The Star wrote:Don’t expect Ukraine to end up divided
    Propaganda1

The American Interest wrote:Red Lines In Crimea

President Putin is making his move in Ukraine’s Crimea, and once again the West is caught flat-footed.
    TAI

Reuters wrote:The Putin era in Russia, now in its 15th year, has given birth to the ongoing diplomatic challenge of reading what’s going on behind the Kremlin leader’s steely eyes.

President George W. Bush famously perceived something trustworthy and sympathetic in President Vladimir Putin in 2001, while former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, in his new memoir, recalls seeing “a stone-cold killer.” But there is no doubt what was preoccupying the Russian president during the closing ceremonies in Sochi on Sunday: the upheaval underway 250 miles to the west, the distance to the border between Russia and Ukraine — where Viktor Yanukovich’s government had just been toppled.

Reuters

The Globe & Mail wrote:Were she still alive, Margaret Thatcher would be rather pleased with today’s governments in what used to be called the countries of the “white Commonwealth” and are still occasionally known as the Anglosphere.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:10 am

Seems the Ukrainian navy is defecting to Russia.. anyone know the status of Ukrainian army..which side they are?
    Pro Euromaidan parliament or the legitimate President?

http://rt.com/news/ukraine-navy-flaghsip-protest-389/

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:42 am

I heard that US is pushing sanctions on Russia. Only so far, they are calling for freezing bank accounts of oligarches of Russia. In other words, that actually does Russia far more favours than not. As it will mean that Russians will keep their money in their own banks.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:49 am

sepheronx wrote:I heard that US is pushing sanctions on Russia. Only so far, they are calling for freezing bank accounts of oligarches of Russia.  In other words, that actually does Russia far more favours than not.  As it will mean that Russians will keep their money in their own banks.

Ironically the West's biggest supporters in Russia are the Oligarchs, freezing their accounts would only weaken their influence in Russia.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:51 am

Vann7 wrote:Seems the Ukrainian navy is defecting to Russia.. anyone know the status of Ukrainian army..which side they are?
    Pro Euromaidan parliament or the legitimate President?

http://rt.com/news/ukraine-navy-flaghsip-protest-389/

Lets hope their smart enough to realize that the current fascist govt. would put a NATO ABM base in Ukraine and immediately turn Russia in to a military enemy, for their survival they better side with the exiled president.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:57 am

medo wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

I think those Maidanuts will stay in power in the western part as eastern part will not want to have constant revolutions from westerners. Let them go to EU and NATO and have their fascists in power. For now most important job of Janukovich and eastern Ukraine is, that partition of Ukraine is reached in peaceful way.

Why allow violent separatists to have what they want, I say arrest the fascist leaders, dissolve their political parties, and increase the military presence in Western Ukraine just like Russia has increased military presence in Dagestan to fight violent separtists there. No fascists in power and no partition/balkinization of Ukraine!!!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:58 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:I heard that US is pushing sanctions on Russia. Only so far, they are calling for freezing bank accounts of oligarches of Russia.  In other words, that actually does Russia far more favours than not.  As it will mean that Russians will keep their money in their own banks.

Ironically the West's biggest supporters in Russia are the Oligarchs, freezing their accounts would only weaken their influence in Russia.

That is what I am thinking as well. Since that the Oligarches rely on US style politics to push their agendas. Phokorov (or however you spell is name) owns a lot of assets in USA. If they pull it, he will be forced to cut his investments in USA and push them in Russia.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:02 am

Dammit. I was hoping Russia would just stand on the sidelines and laugh as Economic Hole #1 drives itself into the ground.

Our assclowns obviously want to play some game though. Somehow I have a feeling the Russian taxpayer once again is going to be paying for their games.
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:12 am

TR1 wrote:Dammit. I was hoping Russia would just stand on the sidelines and laugh as Economic Hole #1 drives itself into the ground.

Our assclowns obviously want to play some game though. Somehow I have a feeling the Russian taxpayer once again is going to be paying for their games.  

Agreed , The threat of Military action came to fast .....Ukraine would have crumbled economically any ways joining EU or taking IMF loans.

Putin should just stop sending troop to Crimea and wait and watch. No need to take hard military action for now.

Just support the East and North to have rallies and some breaking into governement building.
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:15 am

Any Punitive sanctions on Russia should be declared as Act of War by Russian Parliament.

They should simply then put the ball in US court .......... if sanctions are serious ....its better to do more serious damage in ME by letting Iran get nuclear weapons and start a war in ME.

I am sure even the threat of war of the scale of Cuba would tumble the stock market in US and Europe and Russia and would put the world in another recession.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:17 am

Like I said, so far, sanctions about bank accounts of oligarches to be frozen.  Dunno why you guys are upset about that.  TR1 should be jumping for joy. what other sanctions can they pull? They have next to no economic power over Russia. Best they can do is try to freeze South Stream Pipeline, which is more of a threat to themselves than Russia.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am