Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    PhSt
    PhSt

    Posts : 218
    Points : 224
    Join date : 2019-04-02

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  PhSt on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:37 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Atlet (Tigr 2)

    What happened to the Volk? ins't that supposed to be the successor to the Tigr?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9230
    Points : 9312
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:03 am

    PhSt wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Atlet (Tigr 2)

    What happened to the Volk? ins't that supposed to be the successor to the Tigr?

    That one has been discontinued for nearly a decade

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9230
    Points : 9312
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:13 pm


    Atlet:

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14755
    Points : 15254
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  George1 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:18 pm

    Russia’s next-generation armored vehicle to enter state trials in spring


    The Atlet is currently completing preliminary tests


    MOSCOW, December 4. /TASS/. The latest Atlet armored vehicle developed by Military Industrial Company will enter state trials in the spring of 2020, the company’s press office told TASS on Wednesday.

    "The Atlet is completing preliminary tests and the stage of state trials is scheduled to begin for it in the spring of next year. One prototype is currently in disassembly and will probably go for state trials. The second prototype will undergo tests for its resistance to shelling and explosions," the company said.

    Company CEO Alexander Krasovitsky told TASS in August that the prototypes of the Atlet armored vehicle would undergo preliminary trials on the testing grounds of the R&D Center of Automotive Equipment (Bronnitsy, the Moscow Region), the R&D Center of Armored Vehicles (Kubinka, the Moscow Region), Russia’s Defense Ministry and the NAMI Automobile Testing Center (the Dmitrov district in the Moscow Region).

    The trials will involve the Atlet armored vehicle’s special-designation three-door (ASN) and five-door multipurpose (AMN-2) prototypes. Representatives of the customer, R&D institutes and defense industry enterprises will take part in the trials, the chief executive said.
    Atlet family of armored vehicles

    The next-generation Atlet armored vehicles have been developed by Military Industrial Company on order from Russia’s Defense Ministry as part of the Atlet R&D work. The Atlet armored vehicle was unveiled for the public at the Army-2019 international arms exhibition outside Moscow in late June.

    The Atlet vehicles feature a 4x4 wheeled platform and are designated to carry personnel and military cargoes providing the required level of protection, as well as to tow trailers and mount armament, military and special hardware.

    In their standard configuration, the vehicles are equipped with anti-trauma seats for all crewmembers and with the air conditioning system. The armored vehicles’ ballistic protection in its basic configuration corresponds to the 2nd level by general technical standards.

    As compared to the Tigr armored vehicle produced by Military Industrial Company, the Atlet features an increased lifting capacity of up to 1,600 kg and anti-mine resistance enhanced threefold, a more powerful YaMZ-5347-24 Russian-made diesel engine with a maximum capacity of 240 hp.

    https://tass.com/defense/1095441
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7647
    Points : 7730
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:50 pm

    Not sure if this is the right thread for this.

    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·
    4h
    KamAZ-43269 "Выстрел"" with a remotely controlled combat module..
    Entered the frame by accidently



    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 ETJ-C-nXgAALp7_?format=jpg&name=small
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 2956
    Points : 2956
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Merkelland

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  Hole on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:03 pm

    The same turret as on the Taifun-VDV.

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 003710
    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 004912
    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 005011
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3906
    Points : 3992
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:08 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for this.

    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·
    4h
    KamAZ-43269 "Выстрел"" with a remotely controlled combat module..
    Entered the frame by accidently



    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 ETJ-C-nXgAALp7_?format=jpg&name=small

    Does a border guards vehicle really need that level of firepower?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9230
    Points : 9312
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:26 pm


    Depends where the border is
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 5739
    Points : 5731
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  Isos on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:32 pm

    I think the tigr-M were not enough armed in the encounters with the US in Syria. Some such vehicles with a big gun aren't too much. In that particular case they had btr-80 but the it was one or two per group and such vehicle can be easily destroyed...
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25262
    Points : 25808
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  GarryB on Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:04 am

    Doesn't matter what gun is fitted, its armour means most things will penetrate it...

    Of course a good 30mm gun means it can sit further back from the engagement and fight which maximises the performance of the armour...
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2356
    Points : 2348
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  Regular on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:10 pm

    GarryB wrote:Doesn't matter what gun is fitted, its armour means most things will penetrate it...

    Of course a good 30mm gun means it can sit further back from the engagement and fight which maximises the performance of the armour...

    Yes, but this thing would be perfect in stepes where most of the work is done to fight drug and human trafficets. It should be able to disable most of the vehicles at distance and shouldn't be in a vicinity to any RPG. I think Russian border guards do have heavy MRAPs where distances are close and personal
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6327
    Points : 6464
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  kvs on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:27 pm

    Suppose NATzO wanted to invade Russia without exposing its invasion forces to tactical nuking. The only option they would have is to
    infiltrate with very diffuse force concentrations much like guerrilla operations staged from the Baltics, Finland, Belorus, Ukraine, and
    even the poorly populated Arctic coast. Having equipment that can engage NATzO guerrillas is rather worthwhile since swatting flies
    with a sledgehammer is inefficient. Russia's "militarization" of the Arctic is not just to secure shipping, it reflects the reality
    that with a shrinking ice cover (specifically its thickness even in winter) makes NATzO military operations along Russia's soft northern
    border much easier.

    The above is the only modern option for conventional forces engagement. If one assumes that the USA can stage a preemptive first
    strike then there is no point for a mass invasion in the first place. But a successful first strike is a Technicolor (TM) delusion
    which leaves viable only dirty tricks. This includes colour revolutions, coups, and infiltration of "jihadis" as was done in Syria
    and elsewhere. Russia needs to be prepared for low grade infiltration warfare and not just epic tank battles.

    Border control is of paramount importance.

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 5739
    Points : 5731
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  Isos on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:53 pm

    What they should have.

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Lejb0u10
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2356
    Points : 2348
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  Regular on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:10 am

    kvs wrote:Suppose NATzO wanted to invade Russia without exposing its invasion forces to tactical nuking.  The only option they would have is to
    infiltrate with very diffuse force concentrations much like guerrilla operations staged from the Baltics, Finland, Belorus, Ukraine, and
    even the poorly populated Arctic coast.  Having equipment that can engage NATzO guerrillas is rather worthwhile since swatting flies
    with a sledgehammer is inefficient.   Russia's "militarization" of the Arctic is not just to secure shipping, it reflects the reality
    that with a shrinking ice cover (specifically its thickness even in winter) makes NATzO military operations along Russia's soft northern
    border much easier.  

    The above is the only modern option for conventional forces engagement.  If one assumes that the USA can stage a preemptive first
    strike then there is no point for a mass invasion in the first place.  But a successful first strike is a Technicolor (TM) delusion
    which leaves viable only dirty tricks.   This includes colour revolutions, coups, and infiltration of "jihadis" as was done in Syria
    and elsewhere.  Russia needs to be prepared for low grade infiltration warfare and not just epic tank battles.  

    Border control is of paramount importance.

     

    Border guards in Russia have very interesting history. They fought in many conflicts and wars.

    Now they are mostly involved in fighting drug traffickers and islamists and most of the time - they are the same - drug dealer terrorists... Russia does have plenty of border control missions in Caucasus neighbouring countries.

    But when it comes to foreign infiltration, RosGvardija would make life much easier for border guards. They are supposed to work together together and provide muscle.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25262
    Points : 25808
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  GarryB on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:09 am

    Russia is a big country... why not all of the above.... Twisted Evil
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14755
    Points : 15254
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  George1 on Mon May 25, 2020 11:51 pm

    Defense firm delivers over 2,000 Tigr armored vehicles to Russian, foreign customers


    A wide range of various remote-controlled combat modules can be mounted on Tigr armored vehicles, according to the developer

    MOSCOW, May 25. /TASS/. Russia’s Military Industrial Company has delivered over 2,000 Tigr armored vehicles to domestic and foreign customers since 2005, company CEO Alexander Krasovitsky told TASS on Monday.

    "Since the serial production of Tigr armored vehicles started at the Arzamas Machine-Building Plant [part of the Military Industrial Company] in 2005, over 2,000 vehicles have been built in various configuration and delivered to Russia and 16 foreign countries," the chief executive said.

    The Tigr family of armored vehicles currently includes the Tigr-M multi-purpose vehicle, the Tigr-M SpN special-purpose vehicle, the Tigr automotive armored chassis and the Tigr special armored vehicle. In addition to ready-made armored vehicles, the Military Industrial Company also delivers the Tigr self-propelled armored chassis for creating wheeled hardware on its basis, Krasovitsky added.

    A wide range of various remote-controlled combat modules can also be mounted on Tigr armored vehicles, the chief executive said.

    "We installed the Israeli combat module with a large-caliber machine-gun, the French station with a 20mm gun and several Russian modules, including those with a 30mm automatic gun. However, only one remote-controlled combat module has been accepted in the Russian Army, specifically, the Arbalet-DM. The Tigr with this module has been officially accepted for its delivery to the Russian Armed Forces and is being delivered to the troops," Krasovitsky said.

    Tigr armored vehicles in hotspots

    Russian-made Tigr armored vehicles have been employed in various hotspots for over ten years, the company’s chief executive said.

    "Throughout all this time, the vehicles’ high performance characteristics have made it possible to successfully carry out a lot of special operations and save hundreds of lives of Russian soldiers and officers," he said.

    There were cases when the Tigr vehicles returned after accomplishing combat assignments with dozens of bullet marks on their armored hull and glass, without halting a single time in the route and bringing back all the personnel alive, Krasovitsky said.

    "Thanks to their high speed characteristics, the enemy never succeeded in hitting Tigr vehicles from grenade launchers," the company’s head added.

    The Tigr armored vehicle has been further improved, taking into account the results of its combat operation, Krasovitsky said.

    "The improvements were based on the analysis of suggestions and wishes of Russian servicemen who employed the vehicle in combat conditions," the chief executive said.

    https://tass.com/defense/1160073
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14755
    Points : 15254
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  George1 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:06 am

    Tigr-M

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Tigr-m10
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14755
    Points : 15254
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  George1 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:06 am

    Russia develops new light armored vehicle for helicopter airlifting


    The Strela vehicle weighs just 4.7 tonnes

    MOSCOW, July 13. /TASS/. Specialists of Russia’s Military Industrial Company developed a family of VPK-Strela new light armored vehicles that can be transported by Mil Mi-8 helicopters on an external sling, Company CEO Alexander Krasovitsky told TASS on Monday.

    "Designers of Military Industrial Company developed and offered on their own initiative and within the shortest time possible the concept of making light vehicles, which helped create an experimental armored vehicle model of the VPK-Strela family," the chief executive said.

    The Strela vehicle weighs just 4.7 tonnes, which allows quickly transporting it to another area or as part of tactical airborne assault forces by military transport helicopters like a Mi-8 on an external sling, he said.

    "As of today, our Army simply has no armored vehicles of this type," the chief executive stressed.

    The Strela is designated to transport personnel and various cargos, ensuring the required level of armored protection, Krasovitsky said.

    "The vehicle can be used as a command post, a means of transportation and an operational service vehicle in special units of the executive bodies of power or as a basis for creating a family of vehicles and for mounting armament and special equipment," the head of Military Industrial Company said.

    The vehicle’s armor provides the 2nd-degree ballistic protection (it shields against bullets with a heat-strengthened core of 5.45x39mm cartridges of the AK-74 assault rifle, bullets with the heat-strengthened core of 7.62x39mm rounds of the AKM submachine-gun and bullets with the non-heat strengthened core of 7.62x54mm ammunition fired from the Dragunov snipe rifle). The vehicle’s anti-blast protection shields the crew inside it upon hitting mines or explosives with a yield of up to 2 kilograms in TNT equivalent.

    The Strela can develop a speed of up to 155 km/h on the road and carry eight personnel. The vehicle’s design is based on advanced assemblies, units and accessories planned for their use in mass production in the domestic auto industry. The vehicle’s components are 100% produced on the territory of Russia.

    https://tass.com/defense/1177749
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9230
    Points : 9312
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:40 am

    George1 wrote:

    Russia develops new light armored vehicle for helicopter airlifting


    The Strela vehicle weighs just 4.7 tonnes

    MOSCOW, July 13. /TASS/. Specialists of Russia’s Military Industrial Company developed a family of VPK-Strela new light armored vehicles that can be transported by Mil Mi-8 helicopters on an external sling...
    .......
    https://tass.com/defense/1177749

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 1275201

    George1 likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9230
    Points : 9312
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:22 am


    More pics, this is one of the tools needed to convert VDV into proper rapid response units

    They also need a new heavy helicopter (between Mi-8 and Mi-26)

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4087127.html

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 8198248_original

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 8198500_original

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 8198689_original

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 8199039_original

    Cyberspec, George1, dino00 and thegopnik like this post

    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5982
    Points : 6133
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:56 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    More pics, this is one of the tools needed to convert VDV into proper rapid response units

    They also need a new heavy helicopter (between Mi-8 and Mi-26)

    The VDV has better air-droppable vehicles (BMD-4M, BTR-MDM, 2S25 Sprut-SD, 9A52-4 Tornado, 2S42 Lotos, Ptitselov, Sosna) than their paratrooper equivalents in NATO. The helicopter you speak of is called the Mi-38, and the Ka-65 Minoga is in the design stage.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9230
    Points : 9312
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:20 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    More pics, this is one of the tools needed to convert VDV into proper rapid response units

    They also need a new heavy helicopter (between Mi-8 and Mi-26)

    The VDV has better air-droppable vehicles (BMD-4M, BTR-MDM, 2S25 Sprut-SD, 9A52-4 Tornado, 2S42 Lotos, Ptitselov, Sosna) than their paratrooper equivalents in NATO. The helicopter you speak of is called the Mi-38, and the Ka-65 Minoga is in the design stage.

    None of those vehicles can be carried on Mi-8

    Mi-38 can't carry those vehicles as well nor does it have required range

    Deficiencies of NATO equivalents have no consequence nor are justification for deficiencies of VDV






    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5982
    Points : 6133
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:00 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    More pics, this is one of the tools needed to convert VDV into proper rapid response units

    They also need a new heavy helicopter (between Mi-8 and Mi-26)

    The VDV has better air-droppable vehicles (BMD-4M, BTR-MDM, 2S25 Sprut-SD, 9A52-4 Tornado, 2S42 Lotos, Ptitselov, Sosna) than their paratrooper equivalents in NATO. The helicopter you speak of is called the Mi-38, and the Ka-65 Minoga is in the design stage.

    None of those vehicles can be carried on Mi-8

    Mi-38 can't carry those vehicles as well nor does it have required range

    Deficiencies of NATO equivalents have no consequence nor are justification for deficiencies of VDV







    Mi-38 could be upgraded with better powerplants or enlarged, I also mentioned Ka-65 which is being developed. You claimed their weren't proper rapid response units, when in fact their better armored and better armed equipment for their paratroopers than their main adversaries. They were in fact the quickest to respond on 8/8/08. No consequence on what the VDV does? Much of their strategies are based on what OPFOR has available.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9230
    Points : 9312
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:56 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:...Mi-38 could be upgraded with better powerplants or enlarged, I also mentioned Ka-65 which is being developed. You claimed their weren't proper rapid response units, when in fact their better armored and better armed equipment for their paratroopers than their main adversaries. They were in fact the quickest to respond on 8/8/08. No consequence on what the VDV does? Much of their strategies are based on what OPFOR has available.

    They are paratrooper corps not dedicated rapid response corps which is what they are trying to become

    To do it they need light vehicles (like this new one) and new heavy helicopter with much longer range (one they are developing for with could do the trick of it works)

    They responded to 888 as ground troops operating from vicinity not as air-mobile dedicated rapid response units


    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25262
    Points : 25808
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:16 pm

    Yeah, not sure why you think a helicopter would be safer than an Il-476 for delivering vehicles... the Il-476 can carry 3-4 at a time at about 800km/h at an altitude well above small arms fire range.

    I really don't think flying around with a helicopter carrying a vehicle slung underneath is a good idea... they are slow and don't have fantastic range and would be a rather easy target even for a HMG...

    Sponsored content

    Infantry Mobility Vehicles - Page 14 Empty Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:46 pm