Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+48
Begome
ArgentinaGuard
caveat emptor
gc3762
Broski
lyle6
Sprut-B
Scorpius
ALAMO
kvs
Rodion_Romanovic
ahmedfire
awmz
TMA1
joker88
Tolstoy
Sujoy
lancelot
franco
Hole
Kiko
eric1
George1
Pinto
Svyatoslavich
Admin
higurashihougi
par far
wilhelm
max steel
Zivo
ExBeobachter1987
Werewolf
medo
sepheronx
Vann7
collegeboy16
Cyberspec
Kyo
Austin
magnumcromagnon
Hannibal Barca
macedonian
flamming_python
Viktor
nemrod
GarryB
AlfaT8
52 posters

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 6753
    Points : 6779
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  franco Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:20 pm

    GDP at purchasing power parity (PPP), % of world total:

    G7 (🇺🇸 🇯🇵 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇮🇹 🇨🇦):

    1993 - 45.43%
    2003 - 41.11%
    2013 - 32.54%
    2023 - 29.78%
    2028 - 27.8%*

    BRICS (🇧🇷 🇷🇺 🇮🇳 🇨🇳 🇿🇦):

    1993 - 16.66%
    2003 - 20.17%
    2013 - 28.73%
    2023 - 32.22%
    2028 - 33.7%*

    https://twitter.com/SpriterTeam/status/1686438102250770439

    GarryB and kvs like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39356
    Points : 39854
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  GarryB Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:09 am

    I wonder if that prediction of 33.7% in 2028 includes any new members to BRICS?

    The G7 has seven members even if one is in total charge... BRICS has five countries...

    When there are 20 or more BRICS countries...

    Hole likes this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 15293
    Points : 15430
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Turdope's Kanada

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  kvs Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:23 pm

    Does not look like it to me. The global GDP pool that BRICS can grow in is 72.2% so the expansion would be rapid. The posted figures
    look more like GDP growth projections.

    GarryB likes this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39356
    Points : 39854
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  GarryB Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:05 am

    The fact that the difference in numbers is not huge suggests it is a suble prod to the west to try to do better or do it harder because you are being left behind... but that ignores the fact that they are colonial bullies and you need a position of power to be successful... a bully nobody respects or fears... is nothing.

    kvs likes this post

    Kiko
    Kiko


    Posts : 2978
    Points : 3026
    Join date : 2020-11-11
    Age : 75
    Location : Brasilia

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  Kiko Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:27 pm

    India brands false information from US media about its rejection of BRICS enlargement, 08.03.2023.

    NEW DELHI (Sputnik) — The Government of India described as false the statements of the US agency 'Bloomberg' about its alleged refusal to the expansion of the BRICS group, the alliance that also brings together Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa.

    "We saw some unfounded speculations (...) that India has reservations about enlargement. That is totally false," Indian Foreign Ministry spokesman Arindam Bagchi said, commenting on Bloomberg's publication in a press appearance.

    Earlier, the aforementioned US agency claimed that India was allegedly opposed to the expansion of the BRICS group out of fear that China would increase its influence.

    The Indian diplomatic official emphasized that his country approaches this issue positively and without any bias.

    "The BRICS countries conduct internal discussions on the principles, standards, criteria and procedure for the incorporation of new members," he added.

    The issue of the possible expansion of the BRICS will be one of the central axes of the next summit of the group, which will be held between August 22 and 24 in the city of Johannesburg.

    Recently, countries such as Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Turkey and others have shown interest in joining the organization.

    The BRICS group, currently chaired by South Africa, represents more than 20% of the global gross domestic product (GDP) and 42% of the world's population.

    Yandex Translate from Spanish

    https://sputniknews.lat/20230803/la-india-tilda-de-falsa-informacion-de-medios-de-eeuu-sobre-su-rechazo-a-ampliacion-de-brics-1142216701.html

    GarryB likes this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39356
    Points : 39854
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  GarryB Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:16 am

    Another western media outlet claimed Brazil was against expansion too, which also turned out to be made up.

    BRICS is not a military colonial bully club... it is a trading group, so the more members the better... they just need to agree the rules before there are too many different voices to get a consensus easily.
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39356
    Points : 39854
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  GarryB Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:11 am

    So the leaders of 23 countries want to join BRICS, so that would be 27 countries in total if they are all accepted...

    kvs likes this post

    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi


    Posts : 3169
    Points : 3256
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  higurashihougi Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:09 am

    https://www.rt.com/business/581032-mexico-opts-against-brics/

    Mexico will not be joining the BRICS bloc of countries.

    "We are not going to participate in this bloc, in this association. Of course, we celebrate that other countries do. However, for reasons of proximity, geopolitics, we will continue strengthening the alliance with North America and the whole of the Americas," - Mexican President was cited as saying by La Prensa Latina news outlet.

    Mexican President stressing that his administration’s current priority is developing ties under the 2020 US-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). The US and Canada are Mexico’s largest trading partners, with roughly 85% of Mexican exports going to the two North American countries. According to a Washington Post report last week, US imports from Mexico surged by about $10 billion year-on-year in 2023. Obrador said he plans to boost cooperation further.

    Reader's comments wrote:Translation: Mexico does not want to be invaded by Empire America.

    Comments from Vietnamese netizens wrote:Can't blame them considering their own circumstances. At least the Mexicans is trying their best to keep the neutral stance and they respect the choice of other countries. Meanwhile the Maidan regime ... well we can't expect anything from these Nazis anyway.
    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2233
    Points : 2227
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  lyle6 Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:09 am

    BRICS is as useful as a pile of, well bricks, anyway. Of the BRICS member-states Russia is the only that is actively resisting the US and her minions. Everyone else - nothing. Worse than nothing, they are actually trying to leverage their position in BRICS to jockey more favorable terms with the US. As if the master would negotiate with his slaves. Razz
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi


    Posts : 3169
    Points : 3256
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  higurashihougi Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:24 am

    lyle6 wrote:BRICS is as useful as a pile of, well bricks, anyway. Of the BRICS member-states Russia is the only that is actively resisting the US and her minions. Everyone else - nothing. Worse than nothing, they are actually trying to leverage their position in BRICS to jockey more favorable terms with the US. As if the master would negotiate with his slaves. Razz

    Why not ? Negiotation better terms is a form of resistance. Better terms means you get a more fair deal, your opponent's power and authority is more restricted and they are less likely to bring harm to you. And these negiotation attempts are backed by real power, not by wishful thinking.

    Even most of the wars end on the negiotation table and the winner is the one get better terms.

    flamming_python likes this post

    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2233
    Points : 2227
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  lyle6 Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:34 am

    higurashihougi wrote:
    Why not ? Negiotation better terms is a form of resistance. Better terms means you get a more fair deal, your opponent's power and authority is more restricted and they are less likely to bring harm to you. And these negiotation attempts are backed by real power, not by wishful thinking.

    Even most of the wars end on the negiotation table and the winner is the one get better terms.
    Its pathetic, its what it is. Slaves on a plantation narcing on the one slave that is trying to free them, in exchange for more gruel at supper. Rolling Eyes
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9174
    Points : 9236
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  flamming_python Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:52 am

    lyle6 wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:
    Why not ? Negiotation better terms is a form of resistance. Better terms means you get a more fair deal, your opponent's power and authority is more restricted and they are less likely to bring harm to you. And these negiotation attempts are backed by real power, not by wishful thinking.

    Even most of the wars end on the negiotation table and the winner is the one get better terms.
    Its pathetic, its what it is. Slaves on a plantation narcing on the one slave that is trying to free them, in exchange for more gruel at supper. Rolling Eyes

    All the West's wealth is based off of exploitation
    Or at least most of it

    If all these other countries manage to leverage their position, as a result of the conflict the West has found itself in with Russia, to throw off their shackles and attain parity in trade and political relations; then they've won. The rest of the world has won. Europe and the US will find their sources of income evaporating.

    Similar story with Mexico. If as a result of the Mexican president's fiery speeches and support of anti-American governments in South America, he's actually managed to scare the US into giving him fair trade relations - then Mexico has won too. Only now the US and Canada will not be able to confine the wealth to themselves at the expense of Mexico, but will have to give Mexico its fair share too, with all its +100 million population. Which means less wealth for them in relative terms. And so they've sowed the seeds for their own downfall.

    GarryB, franco and higurashihougi like this post

    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2233
    Points : 2227
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  lyle6 Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:01 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    All the West's wealth is based off of exploitation
    Or at least most of it

    If all these other countries manage to leverage their position, as a result of the conflict the West has found itself in with Russia, to throw off their shackles and attain parity in trade and political relations; then they've won. The rest of the world has won. Europe and the US will find their sources of income evaporating.
    The west was never powerful because they are wealthy. The west is powerful because they are masters at using violence to achieve their aims.

    I don't think the Russians succeeding in crushing NATO would help the global struggle against western imperialism.

    If anything this would lead the west to consolidate their holdings and crack down on any dissent in preparation for a showdown with China.

    They already got the template right; just make more Ukraines, then set them off against their real opponents.



    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2475
    Points : 2466
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  AlfaT8 Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:56 pm

    Defeating nato isnt the issue.
    It is breaking the Western financial dominance that is the real target.

    The heart of western imperialism lies not on the battlefield, but the banks and financial realm.

    No matter how they consolidate or what template they use, as long as their financial dominance is broken, it will be over for the West.

    GarryB, Hole and Broski like this post

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 692
    Points : 690
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  Broski Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:22 pm

    AlfaT8 wrote:Defeating nato isnt the issue.
    It is breaking the Western financial dominance that is the real target.

    The heart of western imperialism lies not on the battlefield, but the banks and financial realm.

    No matter how they consolidate or what template they use, as long as their financial dominance is broken, it will be over for the West.
    Correct, that's why having BRICS members create alternatives to SWIFT, the USD, IMF and World Bank is important. Offering developing countries a fair deal like 'loans for infrastructure' as opposed to loans in exchange for austerity and privatization of the economy for the benefit of western corporate parasites.

    GarryB, flamming_python and kvs like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10943
    Points : 10921
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  Hole Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:54 pm

    The West can´t fight one war, fighting 10 or more wars all over the world, even against small and poor countries, to keep them in line, is impossible.

    GarryB, flamming_python, kvs and Broski like this post

    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2233
    Points : 2227
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  lyle6 Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:06 am

    AlfaT8 wrote:Defeating nato isnt the issue.
    It is breaking the Western financial dominance that is the real target.

    The heart of western imperialism lies not on the battlefield, but the banks and financial realm.

    No matter how they consolidate or what template they use, as long as their financial dominance is broken, it will be over for the West.
    If you can somehow bypass the western financial system they have other methods as well.

    They can't get you through your treasury they'll get you through your people with mass subversion and propaganda delivered by their full spectrum dominance of the information space.

    Or if that fails naked force is always an option - wrecking things is always easier than building them.

    You people are underestimating the west. They wouldn't own this planet for 5 centuries and counting if they're not good at what they do.

    Broski wrote:
    Correct, that's why having BRICS members create alternatives to SWIFT, the USD, IMF and World Bank is important. Offering developing countries a fair deal like 'loans for infrastructure' as opposed to loans in exchange for austerity and privatization of the economy for the benefit of western corporate parasites.
    Then they'll just blow up your infrastructure. You don't get any infrastructure, China doesn't get any return on its investment. Already happened in Libya, btw.

    Hole wrote:
    The West can´t fight one war, fighting 10 or more wars all over the world, even against small and poor countries, to keep them in line, is impossible.
    They don't have to. Most of their slaves are dumb enough to do the fighting and dying on their behalf. See Ukraine.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2475
    Points : 2466
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  AlfaT8 Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:25 am

    lyle6 wrote:
    If you can somehow bypass the western financial system they have other methods as well.

    They can't get you through your treasury they'll get you through your people with mass subversion and propaganda delivered by their full spectrum dominance of the information space.

    Or if that fails naked force is always an option - wrecking things is always easier than building them.

    You people are underestimating the west. They wouldn't own this planet for 5 centuries and counting if they're not good at what they do.

    Yes, that's a big problem, the propaganda and intelligence battle is pretty much the only real stick the west has left.
    Luckily the west has spent decades after the cold war destroying their own credibility.
    Their failures in the middle-east, Asia and Africa are significant.

    Basically people from all over are looking for one thing in almost any relation, "What is going to benefit me"
    Not the country, but they themselves, and once they look through the constant failures of the West and how they actually treat their "allies".
    And how dysfunctional the West is, especially with their GloboHomo ideology.
    This hopefully dissuades most people from becoming some doomed Maidan movement.

    Yea about that, you need to first build in order to wreck, this war in Ukraine has shown the world that the West in general cannot build enough to wreck.
    As in the weapons production of the West is but a pale shadow to what it once was.
    Ooh how the mighty have fallen.

    All things come to an end, the West is no exception.
    Ill be frank, the leaders of the West are either to far down the rabbit hole of their own ideologies or they are simply going full senile.
    They have no real successors to take their mantle of dominance.
    On top of that they have sold their nations to migrant foreigners, that will eventually replace/displace the population responsible for building and maintaining the empire.

    So the Wests future is anything but bright.
    Dark times are coming, and the rest of the world has no interest in being dragged into such mess, ergo they are seeking BRICS and other alternatives.

    kvs likes this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39356
    Points : 39854
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  GarryB Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:49 am

    You people are underestimating the west. They wouldn't own this planet for 5 centuries and counting if they're not good at what they do.

    But BRICS are not underestimating the west... essentially Russia is taking on the west, and all they really need from BRICS is to not turn on them and continue to trade with them normally and not follow all of the wests sanctions against Russia.

    The point is that if China and India stopped buying Russian gas and oil Russia would have problems, but they didn't stop, they bought the stuff the west stopped buying which has really helped Russia... and it has really helped China and India because they can now sell it to the west as finished products for a big profit...

    The US and EU is breaking itself with these stupid sanctions that keep backfiring and undermining confidence in the west as they seize money and assets and steal them for their own reasons... the US dollar is being used less and less and while they can artificially protect it for a while that is going to have an effect shortly when countries refuse payment in US dollars or Euros because none of their trading partners will accept it or it might get seized mid deal... because of some made up accusation.

    The west is very busy destroying itself... BRICS don't need to do anything... it is already happening.

    BRICS if you are paying attention is rebelling against the west... look at comments from African countries about the west... about france and about western demands regarding alphabet people, and about food security and how the west wants the world to support Kiev... because the burden is too great for the west alone it seems... how funny is that?

    We keep hearing about how damn powerful HATO is and how the US alone can fight several war at once and win them all without even trying very hard.

    Well Russia is fighting in Syria and Ukraine and seem to be successful... though not without costs and losses... both these conflicts were created by the US and I hope Russians do not forget this and that the world takes note who the bad guys really are.

    flamming_python, kvs and Broski like this post

    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2233
    Points : 2227
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  lyle6 Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:14 am

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Yes, that's a big problem, the propaganda and intelligence battle is pretty much the only real stick the west has left.
    Luckily the west has spent decades after the cold war destroying their own credibility.
    Their failures in the middle-east, Asia and Africa are significant.
    If you can brainwash the masses into denying basic truths like the binary sexes you can make them believe anything.

    That stick is no stick at all - its a fucking nuclear bomb.

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Basically people from all over are looking for one thing in almost any relation, "What is going to benefit me"
    Not the country, but they themselves, and once they look through the constant failures of the West and how they actually treat their "allies".
    And how dysfunctional the West is, especially with their GloboHomo ideology.
    This hopefully dissuades most people from becoming some doomed Maidan movement.
    And that's exactly how they want it. Nobody gives a **** about his neighbors nowadays, society has become atomized, everybody only looks out only for himself.

    Do you think that makes all of us more or less susceptible to the west's subversion?

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Yea about that, you need to first build in order to wreck, this war in Ukraine has shown the world that the West in general cannot build enough to wreck.
    As in the weapons production of the West is but a pale shadow to what it once was.
    Ooh how the mighty have fallen.
    The war in Ukraine has shown that with enough brainwashing, any country can be induced to kamikaze themselves into oblivion. And that they have no lack of suitable candidates for the task wherever they spit on the map.

    Russia is a superpower and its not having a breeze dealing with Ukraine - everyone else would have one hell of a time with this kind of persistent threat.

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    All things come to an end, the West is no exception.
    Ill be frank, the leaders of the West are either to far down the rabbit hole of their own ideologies or they are simply going full senile.
    They have no real successors to take their mantle of dominance.
    On top of that they have sold their nations to migrant foreigners, that will eventually replace/displace the population responsible for building and maintaining the empire.

    So the Wests future is anything but bright.
    Dark times are coming, and the rest of the world has no interest in being dragged into such mess, ergo they are seeking BRICS and other alternatives.
    But they are getting dragged with the west. As things stand, only Russia and a handful of countries have taken measures to limit the spread of the western rot into their societies. Everyone else is at status quo.

    GarryB wrote:
    But BRICS are not underestimating the west... essentially Russia is taking on the west, and all they really need from BRICS is to not turn on them and continue to trade with them normally and not follow all of the wests sanctions against Russia.
    So against an apocalyptic threat only 1 member of the group is actually out there in the trenches dealing with the enemy. Wow. Way to make my point what fucking useless sacks the rest of BRICS are.

    GarryB wrote:
    The point is that if China and India stopped buying Russian gas and oil Russia would have problems, but they didn't stop, they bought the stuff the west stopped buying which has really helped Russia... and it has really helped China and India because they can now sell it to the west as finished products for a big profit...
    That's not help at all. They're doing business but the west is still getting Russian energy albeit more expensive. Russian diesel and gasoline is still going into NATO tanks to kill Russians.

    Some kind of help. If this is how its going to be these assholes should be prepared because once its their turn to get the fucking of their lives Russia will also be supplying the lube.

    GarryB wrote:
    The US and EU is breaking itself with these stupid sanctions that keep backfiring and undermining confidence in the west as they seize money and assets and steal them for their own reasons... the US dollar is being used less and less and while they can artificially protect it for a while that is going to have an effect shortly when countries refuse payment in US dollars or Euros because none of their trading partners will accept it or it might get seized mid deal... because of some made up accusation.
    The west has its hands full with Russia today. Wait after they're finished with their Ukraine business and then we can see if this dedollarization is going to be successful or not.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9174
    Points : 9236
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  flamming_python Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:10 pm

    China is providing all the market Russia needs. In the worst-case, it's ready to become a forge-world for Russia as well but otherwise it keeping out of the conflict means that Russia's civilian economy will be able to turn big profits from exports and have somewhere to import all the goods and tech it doesn't produce itself too; including copies of many Western technologies. China wouldn't be able to fulfill this role as well if it was openly blockaded by the West itself.

    India's interests do not lie in a unipolar world dominated by the US. Hence why it's in BRICS. But equally they don't want China to emerge as some new hegemon and that's what they suspect China of angling towards, rightly or wrongly. In this sense, India's position is actually most aligned with Russia's out of anyone else - both countries want true multi-polarity to emerge in the world.
    India also provides a key market for Russia, a balance against China, a source of a lot of international students, and increasingly a 2nd hand source for Western parts and technologies too which the Indians are not bothered in restricting Russia access to; they know the West values their 'neutrality' too much to follow through with any threats.

    South Africa is a country with a lot of problems, and also a lot of potential. But yeah a lot of problems, developmental challenges and weak points that the West can take advantage of. It has already resisted Western pressure to cut-down ties with Russia, it should be given some slack for being part of the ICC and not wanting to openly confront a Western institution over a BRICS summit one of which takes place every year anyway.
    South Africa is important as it gives Russia depth in its relations and confers African legitimacy onto the BRICS organization. Many African countries want to join the BRICS because they saw South Africa in the organization, and many of these are more antagonistic to the West than South Africa is.. but that doesn't make them more useful necessarily.
    Point is - South Africa's position is good for Russia as is. No need to encourage them to rock their own boat.

    Brazil has been more resistant to Western pressure than most observers expected and many South American countries hold similar positions. Brazil in a way speaks for them within the organization. What Russia needs from Brazil is again a market, and Global South legitimacy. Not anything else. Russia doesn't need Brazil to get into some random war with the West or Columbia or whatever just for the sake of it.

    GarryB and Sujoy like this post

    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2475
    Points : 2466
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  AlfaT8 Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:37 pm

    lyle6 wrote:If you can brainwash the masses into denying basic truths like the binary sexes you can make them believe anything.

    That stick is no stick at all - its a fucking nuclear bomb.

    The requires more than just propaganda, we all know about the long march the progressives had in the educational institutions.
    So, so long as the academic branch hasn't been compromised you are gonna have a hard time with just propaganda.

    Oh, if its that stick, then there is nothing to worry about, Russia has the most nukes and the most advance nuclear arsenal in existence.
    And the most advance ABM systems around.

    But the real question is, if the West is suicidal enough, me, i tend to believe they are too obsessed with power to risk it all.

    And that's exactly how they want it. Nobody gives a **** about his neighbors nowadays, society has become atomized, everybody only looks out only for himself.

    Do you think that makes all of us more or less susceptible to the west's subversion?

    On one hand that might be a good thing, patriotism has pretty much crashed in the U.S, creating a serious problem for recruitment.
    Not too sure about other countries outside the west.

    Thanks to GloboHomo and the refugee clusterF, definitely less.

    The war in Ukraine has shown that with enough brainwashing, any country can be induced to kamikaze themselves into oblivion. And that they have no lack of suitable candidates for the task wherever they spit on the map.

    Russia is a superpower and its not having a breeze dealing with Ukraine - everyone else would have one hell of a time with this kind of persistent threat.

    I would say Ukraine is a bit of a unique situation.
    We have seen what happened to Georgia and before that Chechnya, and Ukraine is something different from them.
    Unlike them Ukraine has utterly thrown away any semblance of self-preservation.
    I believe the Polish part of Ukraine was the main Tumor that spread the cancer of Western disillusion in Ukraine, leading to the 2014 shitshow.
    I watched these idiots on BBC going on about "bringing Europe to Ukraine" these F'ing retards believed it was 1994 and the soviet union just collapsed.
    It was obvious what was going to happen, as i said back then on this very forum, let these idiots drown in their own feces.
    I would say they are definitely running out of candidates, especially now.

    That depends on what you believe, from what i see, Russia could have wrapped this war up last year, when they were knocking on Kiev's door, then we had Boris Jhonson nonsense in Kiev.
    This falls into what Russia's grand plan is, which we don't know much about.

    But they are getting dragged with the west. As things stand, only Russia and a handful of countries have taken measures to limit the spread of the western rot into their societies. Everyone else is at status quo.

    And that's where BRICS, the SCO and ext come in.
    Standard capitalism, if there is a bad monopoly competition will rise to meet it, the reason countries cant simply say no to the Western rot is because of their reliance on the Western financial networks.
    Now that the alternative BRICS/SCO networks are coming online, we will see more and more countries throwing away the western rot.
    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2233
    Points : 2227
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  lyle6 Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:01 pm

    flamming_python wrote:China is providing all the market Russia needs. In the worst-case, it's ready to become a forge-world for Russia as well but otherwise it keeping out of the conflict means that Russia's civilian economy will be able to turn big profits from exports and have somewhere to import all the goods and tech it doesn't produce itself too; including copies of many Western technologies. China wouldn't be able to fulfill this role as well if it was openly blockaded by the West itself.

    India's interests do not lie in a unipolar world dominated by the US. Hence why it's in BRICS. But equally they don't want China to emerge as some new hegemon and that's what they suspect China of angling towards, rightly or wrongly. In this sense, India's position is actually most aligned with Russia's out of anyone else - both countries want true multi-polarity to emerge in the world.
    India also provides a key market for Russia, a balance against China, a source of a lot of international students, and increasingly a 2nd hand source for Western parts and technologies too which the Indians are not bothered in restricting Russia access to; they know the West values their 'neutrality' too much to follow through with any threats.

    Brazil has been more resistant to Western pressure than most observers expected and many South American countries hold similar positions. Brazil in a way speaks for them within the organization. What Russia needs from Brazil is again a market, and Global South legitimacy. Not anything else. Russia doesn't need Brazil to get into some random war with the West or Columbia or whatever just for the sake of it.
    By keeping out of this conflict they are setting the tone for the rest. The collective west can **** with any of us, but we will not dare intervene.

    Divide and conquer. The same time tested strategy, still unbeaten even to this day.

    Russia is a true superpower because it acts the part. These 3 have bitch baked in their DNA.
    flamming_python wrote:
    South Africa is a country with a lot of problems, and also a lot of potential. But yeah a lot of problems, developmental challenges and weak points that the West can take advantage of. It has already resisted Western pressure to cut-down ties with Russia, it should be given some slack for being part of the ICC and not wanting to openly confront a Western institution over a BRICS summit one of which takes place every year anyway.
    South Africa is important as it gives Russia depth in its relations and confers African legitimacy onto the BRICS organization. Many African countries want to join the BRICS because they saw South Africa in the organization, and many of these are more antagonistic to the West than South Africa is.. but that doesn't make them more useful necessarily.
    Point is - South Africa's position is good for Russia as is. No need to encourage them to rock their own boat.
    South Africa is a blight on BRICS. The organization will be better off not associating themselves with genocidal incompetents who can't even run their own shit without the very demographic they are murdering. Take Algeria or Iran instead.

    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2233
    Points : 2227
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  lyle6 Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:11 pm

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    The requires more than just propaganda, we all know about the long march the progressives had in the educational institutions.
    So, so long as the academic branch hasn't been compromised you are gonna have a hard time with just propaganda.

    Oh, if its that stick, then there is nothing to worry about, Russia has the most nukes and the most advance nuclear arsenal in existence.
    And the most advance ABM systems around.

    But the real question is, if the West is suicidal enough, me, i tend to believe they are too obsessed with power to risk it all.
    They're all compromised, but it doesn't matter because people get their brainwashing straight from the tap anyways, thanks to internet and the west's complete domination of the information space.

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    On one hand that might be a good thing, patriotism has pretty much crashed in the U.S, creating a serious problem for recruitment.
    Not too sure about other countries outside the west.

    Thanks to GloboHomo and the refugee clusterF, definitely less.
    They don't need to. The US can just wave a green card and 90% of active service members in third world shitholes would flock to join under the rainbow flag.

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    I would say Ukraine is a bit of a unique situation.
    We have seen what happened to Georgia and before that Chechnya, and Ukraine is something different from them.
    Unlike them Ukraine has utterly thrown away any semblance of self-preservation.
    I believe the Polish part of Ukraine was the main Tumor that spread the cancer of Western disillusion in Ukraine, leading to the 2014 shitshow.
    I watched these idiots on BBC going on about "bringing Europe to Ukraine" these F'ing retards believed it was 1994 and the soviet union just collapsed.
    It was obvious what was going to happen, as i said back then on this very forum, let these idiots drown in their own feces.
    I would say they are definitely running out of candidates, especially now.

    That depends on what you believe, from what i see, Russia could have wrapped this war up last year, when they were knocking on Kiev's door, then we had Boris Jhonson nonsense in Kiev.
    This falls into what Russia's grand plan is, which we don't know much about.
    The same pattern holds everywhere - its not unique at all. Look at Taiwan, they are literally speed running svido-bullshit against an opponent they have zero chances of surviving.

    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2475
    Points : 2466
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  AlfaT8 Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:16 pm

    lyle6 wrote:
    They're all compromised, but it doesn't matter because people get their brainwashing straight from the tap anyways, thanks to internet and the west's complete domination of the information space.

    I don't believe so, since if that were the case, well we wouldn't even be having this discussing nor would this forum exist.
    Hell, perhaps one of use is a Bot.
    (Just saw the recent Mission impossible movie, their view on AI was interesting)

    They don't need to. The US can just wave a green card and 90% of active service members in third world shitholes would flock to join under the rainbow flag.

    In the peace time insurgency days, sure, but now that a possible Real war is on the table, recruitment is way down.
    On top of that, the actual benefits of being a serviceman barely exists nowadays.
    Recently politician started talking about a "limited draft" and by limited they mean men only, so its just a draft.
    If they try that nonsense with the current political situation in the country, the U.S would be in for a world of political and civil unrest.

    The same pattern holds everywhere - its not unique at all. Look at Taiwan, they are literally speed running svido-bullshit against an opponent they have zero chances of surviving.

    I would say that that is just propaganda, if anything, Taiwan seems to be very aware of the situation that they are between a rock and a hard place.
    Their self-preservation instincts still look intact for now, and unlike Ukraine there is simply no hope of keeping Taiwan supplied
    Their population are also looking at the Ukraine situation, and i do not believe they want to simply become canon-fodder for the West.
    We will have to wait and see though.

    Sponsored content


    B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:16 am