Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
andalusia
Begome
ArgentinaGuard
caveat emptor
gc3762
Broski
lyle6
Sprut-B
Scorpius
ALAMO
kvs
Rodion_Romanovic
ahmedfire
awmz
TMA1
joker88
Tolstoy
Sujoy
lancelot
franco
Hole
Kiko
eric1
George1
Pinto
Svyatoslavich
Admin
higurashihougi
par far
wilhelm
max steel
Zivo
ExBeobachter1987
Werewolf
medo
sepheronx
Vann7
collegeboy16
Cyberspec
Kyo
Austin
magnumcromagnon
Hannibal Barca
macedonian
flamming_python
Viktor
nemrod
GarryB
AlfaT8
53 posters

B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

lancelot
    lancelot

B.R.I.C.S. Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

Post  lancelot Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:25 pm

kvs wrote:Behind the curve how?   Russia does not need this crap domestically.   When BRICS pay is organized, which is primarily a political issue,
    then this curve lag will evapourate.  

Pioneering is a bit of hyperbole.   Alternatives to SWIFT are happening because of the current geopolitical climate.   If there was no
    coercive incentive then SWIFT would be used indefinitely.    
    Remember how the US threatened to cut access to SWIFT to the Turkish banks which accepted the Russian SPFS and Mir card? How the Turkish banks acquiesced? How they are now doing the same to Chinese banks? What makes you think the US wouldn't do the same to this BRICS pay? The only way BRICS pay will go through is if there is more transaction volume between BRICS nations than between them and Western nations. This is only conceivable because today China is a large trading partner for most of the world. Between China with most of the manufactured products you could want, and Russia and the Persian Gulf nations having loads of oil and other mineral resources, you won't need to trade with the West. The more the West continues trying to block other nations from using SWIFT the faster this move will happen.

China also already exports more to the third world than to nations like the US. They could drop US trade like a stone if they wanted. The USs attempts at decoupling their economy from China have only assisted in this process.

Like I said the main obstacle to this in BRICS is India. They insist on remaining tied together industrially more to the West than China, and a lot of their trade deficit is balanced because of income from services rendered to the West. Russia needs to figure out a way to balance its trade with India and reduce their economic links with the West.

sepheronx likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:59 am

Remember how the US threatened to cut access to SWIFT to the Turkish banks which accepted the Russian SPFS and Mir card? How the Turkish banks acquiesced? How they are now doing the same to Chinese banks? What makes you think the US wouldn't do the same to this BRICS pay?

But they can't, because if no one can pay Russia for energy or fertiliser or Uranium then no one can buy it.

If no one can buy these things from Russia then the international price will go up which will hurt the US.

Only recently the US told the Ukraine to stop hitting Russian oil refineries because the effect on energy prices was hurting the US at election time...

Turkish and Chinese banks are afraid of getting kicked off SWIFT because there is no BRICS Pay yet to use as an alternative.

Once BRICS Pay is available then the US wont threaten anyone regarding SWIFT or they will just create demand for BRICS Pay and destroy SWIFT.

Amusing the Europeans that run SWIFT have let the US bully them into bullying other countries over this so called international financial system because in doing so they are essentially destroying it.

But of course it is all Putins fault obviously.

The only way BRICS pay will go through is if there is more transaction volume between BRICS nations than between them and Western nations.

BRICS Pay is going to work because the countries that are members of BRICS already have equal or better economic power than the G-7, so there will be plenty of money flowing through the system to make a healthy safe system... and of course depending on what the US does with SWIFT threats and bullying it will certainly be the only way for many countries to buy things from Russia and China...

The west might even have to join BRICS Pay to buy from Russia and China... I rather doubt BRICS Pay will share information with the US the way SWIFT most likely does so the transactions will be private.

That is a problem the west has been having regarding Russian energy exports... sales through western markets and shipped via western shipping companies and insured by western insurance agencies... they pretty much had advanced warning of what was going to whom and when. Now it is a black box... Russian ships and non western insurance don't have to tell the west anything.

This is only conceivable because today China is a large trading partner for most of the world. Between China with most of the manufactured products you could want, and Russia and the Persian Gulf nations having loads of oil and other mineral resources, you won't need to trade with the West. The more the West continues trying to block other nations from using SWIFT the faster this move will happen.

Indeed... it is going to be successful because we can rely on the US pushing countries one after the other away from SWIFT and this will be a viable alternative.

China also already exports more to the third world than to nations like the US. They could drop US trade like a stone if they wanted. The USs attempts at decoupling their economy from China have only assisted in this process.

Putin could not have achieved the level of independence from the west without the support of the west pushing Russia away, and Xi is going to find it easier to push away from the west with idiots like both Biden and Trump who want to make Russia and China enemies of the US of A.

Of course if either woke up and smelt the roses and realised partnerships and cooperation will benefit America more than competition and confrontation I don't think either Xi or Putin would believe they were sincere anyway.

Like I said the main obstacle to this in BRICS is India. They insist on remaining tied together industrially more to the West than China, and a lot of their trade deficit is balanced because of income from services rendered to the West. Russia needs to figure out a way to balance its trade with India and reduce their economic links with the West.

I am sure it will fix itself... as the west starts to fall apart and demands India go to war with China to damage China.... ironically the way Russia has damaged the Ukraine.... then I suspect India will decline that offer and the US and the west will get the hump and do something that pushes India away for good...

The voters of America don't get any choice... it all comes down to the 1% and they want idiots or old men that will do as they are told, and even if they got someone into the seat of President who could make real changes the US system is designed to stop him. How much damage can he do in two terms? Enough to make things worse so the next guy will just reverse all the changes before it has time to actually make a difference and start making things better.

kvs likes this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu May 09, 2024 1:00 pm

North Korea has reportedly shown interest in joining BRICS.

GarryB likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri May 10, 2024 3:20 am

Any word on when they will invite the next batch of countries to BRICS.

I guess as more countries join it will become more complex so they will have to design a smooth way of trade and interactions before they invite a lot of countries.

Being an economic group the more the merrier....

North Korea is seen as a very poor country in the west but that is partly from their delusion that all the countries they put under sanction are poor countries or will become poor countries.

North Korea has as much growth potential as South Korea had, where South Korea got investments and no sanctions and could grow and develop, while north korea was isolated by the west.

Of course as Russia is showing currently foreign investment is all about generating wealth for the foreign investors, so while it might help build things and start projects, it ultimately removes wealth from the economy. Russian investors investing in Russian projects creates wealth and keeps it in the Russian economy and creates growth and development at home.

ahmedfire likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:49 pm

Arnaud Bertrand@RnaudBertrand

Joint Statement of the BRICS Ministers of Foreign Affairs after their meeting in Russia. https://mea.gov.in/bilateral-documents.htm?dtl/37860/joint+statement+of+the+brics+ministers+of+foreign+affairsinternational+relations

4 points that stood out for me:

1) Comprehensive reform of the UN: They "support a comprehensive reform of the United Nations, including its Security Council" with a view to making it more democratic and "increase the representation of developing countries in the Council’s memberships"

2) Comprehensive reform of financial system: They "recognize the need for a comprehensive reform of the global financial architecture to enhance the voice of the developing countries and their representation in the international financial institutions." Crucially they also "underscored the importance of the enhanced use of local currencies in trade and financial transactions between the BRICS countries."

3) Calling out Israel and backing Palestinian statehood: "The Ministers expressed serious concern at Israel’s continued blatant disregard of international law, the UN Charter, UN resolutions and Court orders." They also "support Palestine’s full membership in the United Nations" as well as "the establishment of a sovereign, independent and viable State of Palestine in line with internationally recognized borders of June 1967 with East Jerusalem as its capital".

4) Condemning "unilateral coercive measures" and protectionism: They didn't name the US, but this section leaves no doubt as to who they were referring to: "[The ministers] expressed concern about the use of unilateral coercive measures, which are incompatible with the principles of the Charter of the UN and produce negative effects on economic growth, trade, energy, health and food security notably in the developing world." In the same vein they also "opposed unilateral protectionist measures, which deliberately disrupt the global supply and production chains and distort competition."

GarryB, franco and flamming_python like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:45 am

In many ways BRICS is a second and third world grouping opposed to the so called first world colonial powers and their abuses of the rest of the world... and Ironically... each other.

franco, flamming_python, Werewolf and kvs like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:03 am

https://theinvestor.vn/malaysia-seeks-to-join-brics-prime-minister-d10748.html

Malaysia seeks to join BRICS: Prime Minister
    By Vietnam News Agency
    Tue, June 18, 2024 | 11:10 pm GMT+7

Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim said on Wednesday that he has expressed his country’s wish to join BRICS to President of Brazil Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.

BRICS was established in 2009 as a cooperation platform for emerging economies, comprising Brazil, Russia, India and China, with South Africa joining the group in 2010.

In January 2024, Iran, Egypt, Ethiopia and the United Arab Emirates joined the organisation as new members.

Malaysia will go through the process to enable the country to join the intergovernmental organisation, he added.

The PM told the press that Malaysia has worked closely with the Brazilian President on BRICS’s extension of members, and is waiting for response from the government of South Africa.

Thailand's Foreign Minister Maris Sanjampongsa recently handed over to his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov an official letter of intent to become a full member of BRICS.

The handover of this document was carried out after the "BRICS Dialogue with developing countries" which took place in Nizhni Novgorod, Russia on June 11. Russia assumes the rotating presidency of BRICS in 2024.

GarryB, kvs and lancelot like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:32 am

GarryB and kvs like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:01 am

Despite the resistance of the West, it is "inevitable" that Turkey will join the BRICS, 06.19.2024.

The vice-president of the Turkish Patriotic Party foresees that the country will be able to join the organization within a while, despite the pressure of the "Atlantic forces".

Turkey's accession to the BRICS "is inevitable," but Ankara will face unprecedented pressure from the West, the deputy chairman of the Turkish Patriotic Party, Hakan Topkurulu, told Sputnik.

Earlier, Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan announced the Middle Eastern country's intention to become a member of the bloc. Bidan participated in the BRICS+ meeting in Novgorod, Russia, and later said that Ankara understands the importance of the organization.

"I think Turkey should join the BRICS, which is, ultimately, an inevitable partnership for Turkey. Turkey has been a member of NATO since 1952. As a result of this association, there is a very serious group in Turkey that is linked to the West. These groups are in all political parties. They dominate the government. They influence the government. Within the ruling party, there is an ongoing struggle between Atlanticist and Eurasian forces," according to Hakan Topkurulu.

In his view, moreover, the Atlanticists are in power in Turkey today.

"However, Eurasians take advantage of the opportunity whenever they can. Personally, I don't think Turkey will be able to muster enough forces to join the BRICS, especially in this period. I also think that the United States is exerting negative pressure on Turkey's participation in the BRICS, as well as on relations with Russia," the politician considers.

"Because if Turkey joins the BRICS, that will change the balance between the West and the East in favor of the East. For that reason, Turkey's entry into the BRICS will face strong resistance from the West. However, it will not be a surprise that Turkey will make an effort to enter the BRICS in the near future, moving away from the Atlanticist powers," believes Topkurulu.

In his opinion, in addition, the United States is looking for a complete rupture in relations between Turkey and Russia, as well as between Moscow and the other countries.
    "Turkey is one of those countries. Since the beginning, it has sought a policy of balance with the Atlantic in its relations with Russia. That policy is not sustainable. The United States wants Ankara to completely sever [relations with Moscow]. On the other hand, Turkey is trying to maintain relations with Russia. They are very important for Ankara, especially in the area of energy, tourism and agriculture," he concluded.

Yandex Translate from Spanish.

https://latamnews.lat/20240619/pese-a-la-resistencia-de-occidente-es-inevitable-que-turquia-se-sume-a-los-brics-1155572550.html

GarryB, George1, flamming_python, kvs and lancelot like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:48 pm

The mistake the US makes is that it demands exclusive relationships with countries but does not reciprocate.

When the Ukraine cut Russia off from its trade and interactions a lot of ties still remained and many of the things they cut off withered and died because they lost their market in Russia but did not get a market to replace the Russian market.

The US and EU didn't want Motor Sich and Antonov as competition for contracts within HATO... the An-70 makes the A-400M look like junk, it would have to be destroyed so eventually the once great aircraft design company might end up making parts for Boeings or AIrbus aircraft... certainly not achieving its potential.

You can't play with them any more but I don't have time to play with you.

Ironically if Ukraine had chosen to dump the west and improve relations with Russia it would be intact completely and would be making decent money, but so would the west with all their companies in Russia extracting money out of the country and stifling growth everywhere they could... keeping the Russia civilian airline industry down as much as possible...

It is ironic that US mistakes have been good for Russia... and so bad for Ukraine...

Georgia seems to be making better decisions to be honest.

ahmedfire, kvs, Hole and lancelot like this post

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:54 pm

https://www.oboreurope.com/en/malaysia-ecrl-north-alignment/

GarryB likes this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:28 pm

The new BRICS agricultural exchange will revolutionize the global food market in the interests of Russia, by Sergey Bolotov for Rossiyskaya Gazeta. 06.30.2024.

On Monday, July 1, the Russian government and the Bank of Russia will present proposals to the president on the creation of a BRICS agricultural exchange. Russia needs a new international exchange for unimpeded trading of agricultural products without regard to Western sanctions. The other countries of the association will also find it useful for reducing costs and risks, experts say.

The Agricultural Exchange will be an important step for BRICS towards creating a cartel in the food market following the example of OPEC, which unites oil exporting countries. President of IMEMO RAS Alexander Dynkin stated this to Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

“On it, the BRICS countries will trade agricultural products. The idea of ​​such an exchange, to put it simply, is to create a cartel. In general, this will resemble OPEC, thanks to which oil prices are kept higher than they could be without coordination of the actions of exporting countries among themselves.” , says Academician Dynkin.

The same could be done with grains and other foodstuffs, as well as fertilizers, he said. The importance of these goods for the global economy is very great, emphasized Alexander Dynkin.

Control over the exchange infrastructure allows the West to make it difficult for Russia to trade food and other goods, says Yaroslav Kabakov, director of strategy at the investment company Finam.

“Many examples have already accumulated here, ranging from a ban on currencies and securities, to the London Exchange’s refusal to continue trading in Russian nickel, aluminum and copper. Russia and all other BRICS countries will be able to get rid of such risks if they create their own exchange infrastructure,” - said the financier.

People use exchanges to make deals and make mutual payments, which is exactly what the numerous anti-Russian sanctions are trying to stop, Yaroslav Kabakov added. This is especially true for trade in US dollar commodities, such as grain.

“After the launch of the agricultural exchange, the BRICS countries will be able to freely trade among themselves in their national currencies or in any other way convenient for them. That is, trade will be conducted according to their own rules, and not according to others. At the level of the general idea, this really resembles what the OPEC countries did “I think the rest of the BRICS countries will be interested in this,” he explained.

The Union of Grain Exporters asked President Vladimir Putin to create a BRICS agricultural exchange, which in itself indicates support for this initiative from domestic farmers, recalled Konstantin Lebedev, professor at the Department of International Business at the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation.

"Most stock indices are formed either in the US or in Europe. Moreover, they have the ability to regulate them not in Russia's favor. Ultimately, this affects pricing, which is reflected in consumers. Own price regulation tools within BRICS will strengthen the cohesion of the association and will allow attracting new participants," said Professor Lebedev.

Food prices are a concern for both buyers and sellers within BRICS. Russian agricultural exports amounted to $43.5 billion in 2023, and with such large volumes, even a moderate impact on prices becomes a matter of big money. With the expansion of the association due to new countries, the production of grain alone in BRICS in 2024 will reach 1.24 billion tons per year (44% of the total world production) and will almost equal consumption.

The main suppliers of food in the BRICS market are Russia and Brazil, which are ready to sell large volumes of wheat, corn and meat, and the largest importers are Egypt and China. China is also among the world's main exporters, but it also consumes a lot.

"Thanks to this, it becomes possible to create a self-sufficient system that can ensure food security for the BRICS countries. A logical solution suggests itself: its own eco-food system - its own exchange. Especially since Russia's main competitors in the agricultural market - Canada, the USA, the European Union, Australia and Argentina - are not part of BRICS, which means they will not participate in the trades," the professor emphasized.

The path to launching an agricultural exchange will not be easy, because the BRICS countries will have to conduct difficult negotiations, warns independent grain market expert Alexander Korbut.

“The difficulty is that BRICS includes both exporters and importers of food. Buying food at inflated prices is contrary to the interests of importers, but exporters will not agree to make big discounts. I think prices on the BRICS exchange will not differ much from prices on other exchanges," he predicted.

At the same time, all parties in BRICS have a common request to reduce costs in settlements, noted Alexander Korbut. "This is the task that the new exchange is capable of solving. This will be possible thanks to new digital settlement systems that are already being developed. The US will not be able to control them and dictate their terms," ​​the expert said.

As a result of the creation of the BRICS agricultural exchange, Russia’s competitiveness in the global food market will significantly increase, economist and former Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Food of the Russian Federation Leonid Kholod is convinced.

“Although formally no one has directly prohibited food trade in Russia, various obstacles are constantly being created for our exporters. This applies not only to payments, but also to logistics, and in other ways they try to complicate everything. Additional risks entail costs, they are included in the price, and in the end it becomes less attractive for the buyer. If some of these artificial obstacles are removed with the help of a friendly exchange, then Russian exports will become more competitive in the world market. That’s why Russia was the initiator, this gives us strategic advantages,” he said.

It is possible that the BRICS exchange will be open, and countries that are not full members of the association will be allowed to trade on it, Leonid Kholod noted.

"If a food exporting country for some reason reduces its supply, it immediately gives a bonus to its competitors. If the BRICS exchange is open to expansion and allows a wide range of market participants to trade with lower costs, then why shouldn't other countries join it? I think those who are not happy with the conditions on other exchanges will want to do so," the expert concluded.

https://rg.ru/2024/06/30/novaia-agrarnaia-birzha-briks-perevernet-mirovoj-rynok-edy-v-interesah-rossii.html

GarryB and kvs like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:18 pm

Here’s why India needs BRICS and Russia, by Alexey Kupriyanov, Senior Researcher, Department of International Political Problems, IMEMO, for RT.com. 06.30.2024.

The era of rigid alliances has ended, giving rise to flexible, stable and non-militarized “coalitions of the willing”.

When British economist Jim O’Neill first coined the acronym BRIC in 2001, he likely did not anticipate that this linguistic quip would evolve into one of the most promising formats in recent history.

O’Neill simply noted common characteristics among major emerging economies and, unintentionally, uttered a self-fulfilling prophecy. But his words were heard clearly – and five years later, in June 2006, the economic ministers of Brazil, Russia, India, and China, who gathered at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, brought the catchy term to life.

Thus, BRIC was born, and became BRICS after South Africa joined in 2010, before evolving into BRICS+ in 2024.

Over the years, this new format, seemingly stitched together with a loose thread, has often been predicted to fail, but it has proven unexpectedly resilient. Its success has persisted despite geopolitical disagreements between two of the founding countries – China and India – whose troops have repeatedly clashed along the border in Himalayas. BRICS has also survived financial crises and the pandemic.

What is the secret to BRICS’ resilience? Perhaps it lies in its suitability for the new realities.

The era of alliances with mandatory membership and rigid commitments is over. The current global system requires new forms, prompting the creation of networked “coalitions of the willing.” No obligations except those voluntarily assumed by each state, no restrictions on participation in other “coalitions of the willing,” no long-term demands. The fact that you support a country on one issue does not mean you will support it on another. Simple, clear, mutually beneficial interaction, and the absence of a military component – all these contribute to the stability of BRICS.

For India, BRICS+ membership is significant for several reasons.

Firstly, it provides a strong platform for increasing economic interaction with other emerging powers. The Indian leadership views economic development as a necessary foundation for claiming great power status. Currently, India is the world’s fifth-largest economy; barring serious cataclysms, in a couple of decades it will become the third largest and can aspire to a more significant role in the global governance system. To realize this dream, India needs new investment, technology, and increased export revenues, which can only be achieved through enhanced economic partnerships with other countries, including through financial and trade mechanisms within BRICS.

Secondly, it’s a matter of status. For decades, India has persistently sought a permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council. In the eyes of the Indian political elite, the Council addresses key global issues – and India’s absence from it is a source of bitter dissatisfaction.

Indeed, why is India inferior to the UK and France? Economically and militarily, it surpasses them. It also possesses nuclear weapons, and is one of the UN’s founding members, having been among the victors of World War II.

Or, as politicians in New Delhi ask, is it simply that the ancestors of contemporary Brits and Frenchmen once organized mass plunder, destroying several ancient civilizations and ensuring their economic growth and global hegemony with looted treasures? Where is the justice in that?

In other words, everyone seems to agree that India should be given a permanent seat on the Security Council. The problem is that when the UN was created, no one imagined that the Council would ever need to be reformed (at that time, decolonization as it later occurred seemed unlikely).

Realizing that it is unlikely to get a permanent seat on the Security Council, India decided to act differently. Given that the UN is in a perpetual crisis, New Delhi has bet on alternative formats, including BRICS. The very composition of BRICS allows it to be considered as the core of a future world architecture – if the Security Council fades away. This suits New Delhi well: in such a case, it will be part of the core governing body of the new world order from the very beginning.

Finally, China is playing an important role and is closely linked with the “status” factor. New Delhi has long accused Beijing of striving to construct a “multipolar world but with a unipolar Asia.” For India, this is unacceptable, as it claims an equal status to China in Asia and the world.

Although permanent UN Security Council membership gives China a status advantage, in BRICS, Beijing and New Delhi communicate on equal terms. Moreover, the most irritating external factors – notably Pakistan, which Delhi partly views as a Chinese client state – are absent there. This means that BRICS is quite suitable as a platform for negotiating important issues directly with China – on the understanding that if necessary, the patron will pressure the client, and force Islamabad to make concessions on matters important to New Delhi.

Thus, for India BRICS is extremely important – and for Russia, India is a crucial part of BRICS. Its importance figures on many levels – Moscow sees it as a strategic partner, as an alternative to China, and as a friend – cooperation with whom has lasted for decades and does not depend on changing geopolitical circumstances.

https://www.rt.com/india/600164-india-needs-brics-russia/

GarryB and flamming_python like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:24 pm

Globalization We Lost, by Igor Pereverzev, publicist, for VZGLYAD. 07.08.2024.

Globalism had not only minuses, but sometimes pluses. But the architects of globalism became more and more brazen. Their constant changing of the rules of the game could not end in anything but a rupture. There is a persistent feeling that it was Russia's departure that launched a chain reaction of self-destruction of the globalist system.

For over thirty years, we have heard mantras about being “competitive,” finding the right niche, working hard from morning till night – and then success will come. The market will put everything in its place. If you have not succeeded on a global level, it is entirely your fault. It means you were not diligent enough.

The market does influence three hairdressers near the metro, which compete with each other for clients. But on a planetary scale, everything is arranged, to put it mildly, differently. There, a command-and-control system reigns, and each region is assigned a certain role. Or rather, it reigned until recently.

The theory of comparative advantage was proposed at the beginning of the 19th century by the English political economist David Ricardo. He drew attention to the fact that due to natural reasons, it is more profitable to produce one thing in some countries, and another thing in others. Each territory has its own strengths and weaknesses. If country A spends less effort and time of workers to produce a product than country B, then it can offer a lower price for this product. Therefore, sooner or later, country B will stop producing this product. And, they say, all this perfectly optimizes global costs. Because everyone is doing their own thing, which requires fewer resources.

It was implicitly assumed that states would determine their advantages and disadvantages in the course of competitive struggle. However, the architects of globalism were not going to wait for favors from nature and distributed roles between countries based on their own ideas about who should do what. There was no demographic transition in China, millions of yesterday's peasants can be put to work at machine tools and conveyors there? Excellent! So China will be the world's factory for the final assembly of consumer goods. Does Germany have a strong engineering school? Okay, let's give them complex mechanical engineering. And so on. A kind of global state plan.

How was all this regulated in practice? If a country was included in the international trade system, then foreign investments were directed to the industries that were defined as preferable for it, either by transnational corporations or international development institutions. Let's say Kazakhstan was defined as a source of oil. Chevron immediately came to the country with its billions. Chevron is supposedly a private company. But for some reason it constantly exchanged personnel with the State Department - the American Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As soon as the extraction and transportation of Kazakh oil to the sea was established, it was immediately integrated into global supply chains. No need for any build-up, search for clients, gradual introduction to the market - nothing like that. Just an instant rocket launch. Everything is ready. That's what the state planning department decided.

But for Kazakhstan to enter world markets independently with its oil would be, to put it mildly, problematic. Firstly, no one would provide any investment or technology. Secondly, the circle of traders is narrow. And try to sell something without them. The right trader is a very necessary person. He organizes the so-called transfer pricing, when raw materials are sold to a trader at one price, and he resells them at a completely different price. This is very convenient for corrupting local elites.

As for the manufacturers of the final products, let's not be unfair - the organizers of this whole scheme were quite generous with them. The largest consumer market in the world - the American one - was opened for them for thirty years. Such a deal was always honestly fulfilled. True, one of the conditions was the placement of Pentagon military bases on their territory. The closure of the American market sometimes looked like a real drama - this is what happened to Japan in the 1990s. After the "disconnection", the Japanese switched from the production of final products to components, bet on robots, tried a lot of things. The result, as they say, is on the scoreboard.

If you tried to export something in this system that you were not supposed to sell, you encountered first of all the so-called non-tariff barriers. Your enterprise does not operate according to our regulations. Go through standardization according to our rules for a million million. Sorry, we license this activity. There are quotas for these goods - and, unfortunately, they have been exhausted. Your labeling does not correspond, and we cannot explain to you what changes to make. And so on and so forth. An unexpected supplier found himself in a real quagmire that is impossible to overcome. And no expanding sales - no development. No matter how good the product you produce, you must have a place where you can sell it in bulk. Because the more you sell, the lower your costs per unit.

Sometimes the architects of globalism directly told the authorities of a country what they could and could not do. In this sense, I highly recommend reading this article , “The Stepson of the Aviation Industry: What’s Hindering the Revival of the Tu-214?”, which tells why the director of the Kazan Aircraft Manufacturing Plant, Vitaly Kopylov, shot himself in 1994.

All this was controlled in two ways. Firstly, all trade had to be conducted exclusively by sea. Key points where land trade corridors could emerge were always kept warm. Afghanistan is a great example, through which the only natural corridor to Hindustan from the rest of the continent passes. The same goes for the Middle East. No "Silk Roads" were supposed to appear. Only through ports, only by sea. As a result, high-quality goods produced in China often ended up in Tashkent via Rotterdam, which is actually a bit strange.

At key points, ships from ten carrier strike groups and seven US fleets were always nearby. The Panama Canal, the Suez Canal, the Strait of Malacca… Such places were kept under surveillance. This phenomenon was called Global Power Projection.

The counter-cash flow went entirely through American banks. The dollar is the world's currency of trade. Everyone paid in dollars, including through a cross-rate, that is, exchanging the seller's currency for a dollar, and then the dollar for the buyer's currency. Any non-cash dollar transaction goes through a correspondent account located in one of the large American banks. That is, both the goods and the money are all under surveillance. And thanks to Hollywood, their brains are washed. At the very least, any attempt to create an enemy image out of Americans thanks to Hollywood is quite energy-consuming.

True, it would be a stretch to say that it was a system that supported American hegemony. The States themselves did not regret it either. As a result of globalization, America lost almost all of its industry. The "Rust Belt" appeared - cities in the Midwest where factories stand abandoned. The picture of decline is no better than some destroyed factories in Kyrgyzstan. Also, in the United States, technical higher education was essentially destroyed , as a result of which the entire class of American engineers and scientists today are immigrants from India, China and other so-called developing countries. And all because the United States was also assigned its role - a financial and marketing center. All the money in the world was supposed to flow here. Packaging for global sales was supposed to be made here. And it was the center of innovation. That's all. Everything else is somewhere else. The process went so far that Boeing practically forgot how to build airplanes.

Once inside such a system, it was very difficult to decide to escape from it. No one had the whole - everyone had only a part. Small countries could only relax and enjoy the iPhones that were sent to them. If some smart guy was born there, you could buy him a ticket to New York without thinking twice, where he could realize himself. There was absolutely nothing to catch on the spot.

However, not everything went according to plan for the architects. There was confusion with the largest countries. India, where one sixth of the world's population lives, generally refused to integrate into world trade. Due to various historical reasons, it has very serious barriers to entry for foreign companies. At the same time, the country has such a thing as MVP - Maximum Retail Price. This is the maximum price for which a product can be sold in a store. Such a market with a deliberately cut margin cannot be of interest to transnationals. Where India has integrated entirely is in the supply of educated people. It trains and sends millions of specialists to America, thereby pitting social pressure against itself.

The second story that is not entirely successful for the globalists is China. Firstly, they did not allow building military bases there, bypassing the usual scheme. Secondly, having collected the maximum from technological chains, the Chinese began to complete them with their own efforts. The fact that China does not intend to limit itself to the role of a factory became clear already in the mid-2000s. But the owners of the system were convinced that they would be able to nip China's ambitions in the bud. They say that the seas around are controlled. Inside there are a lot of agents of influence, whose well-being is too tied to the West. Deprivation of "markets" in Europe and the USA will bury China - this can be used to scare. And, of course, the sacred faith of Western man that the Chinese themselves are incapable of creating anything in principle, such is their nature. Greed did not allow them to withdraw all production from China in the mid-to-late 2000s and begin to strangle the country then. And then it was too late.

Today it is clear that globalism is over. The fleet is in trouble. The missile defense of ships is overloaded with drones, finished off with missiles. And in extreme cases – hypersonic weapons, which are generally impossible to intercept. The entire world surface navy, including the hegemon, especially its, is being written off. The ocean is no longer controlled. It will take at least fifteen years to invent a shield for such a sword, during which time everything will change. As for the dollar – more and more countries are brazenly trading in circumvention of it. The foundation of the system is destroyed.

After its demise, life will not be sweet at all. There are industries that work well only in a super-globalized world. For example, microelectronics. There will be no cheap smartphones or laptops without globalism. Remember what the world looked like when a VCR cost four monthly salaries. But the opportunity to build civilian aircraft ourselves, to create something, and not just supply oil, iron pellets and timber abroad, is much more expensive. This understanding did not come immediately. Russia tried for a long time and quite sincerely to fit into this scheme, and individual Russian industries really benefited from this. Yes, globalism had not only minuses, but sometimes also big pluses. But the architects of globalism became more and more brazen. Their constant changing of the rules of the game could not end in anything but a rupture. And there is a persistent feeling that it was Russia's departure that launched a chain reaction of self-destruction of the globalist system.

It would probably have lasted much longer if it had not been so two-faced. All its institutions, such as development banks, the International Monetary Fund, or the World Trade Organization, were involved in a show whose essence was to imitate the market in world trade. It is clear why this happened. Initially, the system appeared as an antagonist to the USSR with its own state planning. They could not publicly admit that they were largely repeating the same model with all sorts of regional inter-industry balances. Lies were their undoing. Lies and injustice in the distribution of goods.

https://vz.ru/opinions/2024/7/8/1275192.html

GarryB, franco and flamming_python like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:47 pm

Putin not ruling out creation of BRICS parliament in the future:
    https://sputnikglobe.com/20240711/putin-not-ruling-out-creation-of-brics-parliament-in-future-1119337827.html

GarryB likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:03 am

This is a highly recommended explanation of what will be, probably in October, the new BRICS unit of settlement, called the Unit. Which is designed to take over from the US$ originally over several years, maybe 10+ but now no doubt ASAP.

GarryB, kvs and Kiko like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:02 pm

BRICS members in talks on Iran’s idea of integrating payment systems — diplomat

https://tass.com/economy/1820503

GarryB and Kiko like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:25 am