Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+83
Scorpius
Krepost
sundoesntrise
JohninMK
Mir
ALAMO
ChineseTiger
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
owais.usmani
The-thing-next-door
calripson
PhSt
dino00
GustavoHF
RTN
Tsavo Lion
Rodion_Romanovic
Walther von Oldenburg
PapaDragon
Nibiru
par far
GunshipDemocracy
Hole
AlfaT8
GarryB
Kimppis
Azi
kvs
Svyatoslavich
franco
miketheterrible
Rmf
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
zg18
jhelb
Project Canada
Cowboy's daughter
Cucumber Khan
higurashihougi
BTRfan
Fred333
nastle77
Prince Darling
Karl Haushofer
Odin of Ossetia
Vann7
max steel
OminousSpudd
ExBeobachter1987
Battalion0415
George1
Mike E
Werewolf
collegeboy16
magnumcromagnon
Hannibal Barca
xeno
navyfield
NickM
Rpg type 7v
macedonian
Hachimoto
TR1
As Sa'iqa
sepheronx
Regular
gaurav
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
Viktor
TheArmenian
Cyberspec
Ogannisyan8887
Firebird
NationalRus
Pervius
solo.13mmfmj
nightcrawler
Tshering22
milky_candy_sugar
Admin
87 posters

Russian population

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian population - Page 4 Empty Re: Russian population

Post  flamming_python Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 am

Hachimoto wrote:Is there stats of birthrate by region ? i might heard the Caucasus is driven the things up
    I'm amazed by some of these nationalists that are so insecure that they think the whole Russian nation is threatened by some micro-republics in the Caucasus and their small populations.
    It's like the French being threatened by Monaco, or Switzerland - Lichtenstein.
    They can rest easy - the biggest increases in birthrates over the past few years have been from ethnic Russian regions.
    Hachimoto

Post  Hachimoto Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:09 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Hachimoto wrote:Is there stats of birthrate by region ? i might heard the Caucasus is driven the things up
    I'm amazed by some of these nationalists that are so insecure that they think the whole Russian nation is threatened by some micro-republics in the Caucasus and their small populations.
    They can rest easy - the biggest increases in birthrates over the past few years have been from ethnic Russian regions.
    Those kind of people are in every country with some slogans 'our land, our land' like if they were their since the start of life !
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Hachimoto wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Those kind of people are in every country with some slogans 'our land, our land' like if they were their since the start of life !
    Which is extra funny since Russia came to Kavkaz, not the other way arround.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am

TR1 wrote:
    Hachimoto wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Which is extra funny since Russia came to Kavkaz, not the other way arround.
    I think its fair to say that the Russians developed the Caucuses and not the other way round. PLus when Russians moved into the area, land was often not valued.

Looking at things historically is interesting. For instance, the Khazars were terrorised out of the Caucauses by Muslims  and wound up north in the Kievan Rus. And then the descendants of the Khazars (Christian and others) found their way back to the Caucuses. There are many examples of this.

The fact is that nutcases in the Caucuses DO threaten Russia. I have no plans to live in Grozny or Makhalaka, even tho there is wealth and a beautiful climate. Why? Thanks to racist, evil, moronic, cult following Muslim terrorist maniacs. Its clear many of them were ethnic "cleansers"  who were no different to Hitler. Who terrorised innocent Russians into leaving the area. And so these Muslim maniacs should be treated in exactly the same way.

Bottom line is, the claim that the Russian Caucuses are somehow "Muslim land" is without any foundation whatsoever.

PS you also have some places that are Muslim occupied today thanks to the tyranny of Ottomans and other groups.
    The Ottomans and other Muslims were actually guilt of the enslavement of whites for several centuries. Even landing in remote British villages, capturing the whole population and shipping them off. You can google "Barbary Slaves". Yet another aspect of history dusted over by the PC zealots..
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:43 am

Just terrorists and bandits.

It's not for nothing that Muslim religious leaders say that such people have nothing to do with Islam. They really don't, nor with any other religion.
    They believe only in force, and money too.
    If everyone in the Caucasus was a true Muslim it would actually be the most peaceful region in Russia by far; same as if everyone in Thailand was a true Buddhist or everyone in say Moscow was a true Christian.

Some ethnic cleansing did take place in republics such as Chechnya but I find the talk about it is often exaggerated. The fact was that it wasn't systematic - it was sporadic and had as much do with criminal motives (taking over land, property, etc...) as anything nationalistic.
    Dudayev had a real genius idea in the 90s; he let all the criminals out of the prisons. They instantly took to doing what criminals do best; but they avoided targetting other Chechens; because it's a very small place and everyone knows each other, everyone has a gun or has a relative that has a gun, and revenge is likely to exacted. But Russians of course were fair game.

Many of the Russians in the area left of their own accord in the 90s when the economy collapsed and it became clear what a bandit-infested mess everything was becoming; out of Chechnya you had numerous criminal groups that kidnapped or took hostage innocent people both in Chechnya proper and on raids in neighbouring regions.
    Who would want to live under such conditions? Neither Russians nor Caucasians I would imagine - problem for the Caucasians though is that they had nowhere else to go so they stayed put, while the Russians left.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:34 am

respekt 

Russia's birth rate exceeds the death rate for the third month
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:34 am

Russia’s youth population in steady decline

becouse of more then 15 years of decline, we will have to go trough a massive gap, when not enough young people will have to support to much old people, tough times are comming
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:32 am

It's Russia - the old people are dying too.
    So there are fewer of them to support.

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 pm

flamming_python wrote:Oh that's not a worry, it's Russia - the old people are dying too!
    So there would be fewer of them to support.
    I hope you edit this post FP, because I really do have a high regard for you...
    (so much so, in fact, to not enter a discussion on the matter)
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:12 pm

NationalRus wrote:Russia’s youth population in steady decline

becouse of more then 15 years of decline, we will have to go trough a massive gap, when not enough young people will have to support to much old people, tough times are comming
    LOL

Barrent observer? That site sucks the big one. No eastern european with self respect would trust that site.

Here you go:
    http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/42888/&usg=ALkJrhgSa7EQruXXeAkYDwLYlPx8iiNntw

And

http://pda.bfm.ru/news/232727

Seriously, agenda much?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:24 pm

macedonian wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Oh that's not a worry, it's Russia - the old people are dying too!
    I really don't mean it in jest; you're right there's nothing funny about it - might have mis-phrased slightly.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    macedonian wrote:
    I really don't mean it in jest; you're right there's nothing funny about it - might have mis-phrased slightly.
    We're mates once again...Very Happy
    Cheers
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Thing is that Russian population decline because of small child brirth during economy crisis years can up to a point be ousted by quality immigration politics. When you see it, Moscow already wants 1 million workers and the birth decline that happened during 90-ies and 2000 will take effect around 2020-2025. I have no doubt that Russia will find the best way to deal with the problem which could impact economy growth also because of smaller working population.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Viktor wrote:Thing is that Russian population decline because of small child brirth during economy crisis years can up to a point be ousted by quality immigration politics. When you see it, Moscow already wants 1 million workers and the birth decline that happened during 90-ies and 2000 will take effect around 2020-2025. I have no doubt that Russia will find the best way to deal with the problem which could impact economy growth also because of smaller working population.
    Even if the population shrinks, there are still without jobs. As well, most modern facilities are automated, so the need for a lot of these workers is not there. The future needs skilled workers to design and maintain the automation.

Germany, France and UK are much smaller nations compared to Russia, in both land mass and population, yet they have large economy because of investments as well as automation (Germany more so than UK).
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:29 am

so we didnt loss millions of people, and have a huge gap in young people becouse its more important who qoutes this fact!

fucking smart!
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJbpPh16dNM
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:06 pm

Nice thumbsup 

The volume of cigarette sales in Russia fell by 5%
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Since the beginning of the year 2013 population of Russia increased by 220 000 and stands at 143.6 million people. 

Also positive birth to death ratio is also observed (small but still) Very Happy 

The population of Russia in January grew by almost 220,000 people

Last edited by Viktor on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Viktor wrote:Since the beginning of the year 2013 population of Russia increased by 220 00 and stands at 143.6 million people. 

Also positive birth to death ratio is also observed (small but still) Very Happy 

The population of Russia in January grew by almost 220,000 people
    Wow. That's quite a lot. I know immigration makes up some of the balance, but still.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Very nice  thumbsup  (still lots of work left to be done)

Russian Suicide Rate, Though High, Is Falling – Expert
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:10 pm

thumbsup   

Russia to Halve Orphanage Numbers by 2018 – Child Rights Official
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:16 pm

If you check out his other articles, he is clearly saying it tongue in cheek.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markadomanis/2013/11/29/dont-look-now-but-dying-russias-population-is-still-growing/
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 pm

TR1 wrote:If you check out his other articles, he is clearly saying it tongue in cheek.

link

Now I will speak as someone who holds a PhD in mathematics.
    No, I don't think that he is joking but that he is simply confused because he lacks the technicalities who needs in order to study the problem of demographics.

He doesn't have an opinion and lends an opinion depending on what he wants to say to build his case.
    For starters, someone who specializes in a country's demographics should gather and access the next, easy to find data, apart from simple fertility and death rates:

-age of first child
    -number of marriages
    -number of divorces
    -fertility rates related with rural or city population
    -fertility rates by geographical region
    -death rates by accidents/bad habits
    -relation of fertility/death rates with the average income
    -immigration statistics
    -fertility rates per religion
    -fertility rates related with parents education
    -sexual transmitted deceases trends
    -abortion rates/policy
    and more

Study the trends and address the resultant outcome AT LEAST qualitatively if not quantitatively as well.

Obviously he is blissfully unaware of all this...

PS BTW from all this variables I mentioned above, all but the increase of the city population compare to the rural, run in favor of Russia's demographics!
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian population - Page 4 Empty If you check out his other articles, he is clearly saying it tongue in cheek.

Post  flamming_python Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:He seems to ignore the U-turn Russia's demographics achieved once national policy focused on increasing fertility rates. From 1.40 climbed to 1.70 in a matter of five years and this year's performance should be at 1.77 and this is only the beginning... while in the same time Europe's ...sample of countries... score miserably and captain Germany scores second worse worldwide after only Japan... And US itself is a matter of 3 years increase to grasp if not for blacks and Latins...

No, he's saying it sarcastically. Read his other articles; he always points out the fact that Russia is in fact NOT dying, and uses it as a point to illustrate the misconceptions about Russia in the Western media in general
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 pm

6 times more migrants in comparison with 2012 

Huge Increase in Migrants Barred from Russia

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:23 am