Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
The-thing-next-door
Kiko
ALAMO
Tolstoy
Arrow
lancelot
Swgman_BK
gc3762
TMA1
Scorpius
owais.usmani
Arkanghelsk
flamming_python
Tsavo Lion
nomadski
PhSt
ahmedfire
Hole
Cyberspec
Hannibal Barca
Aristide
par far
Isos
kvs
andalusia
TheArmenian
Odin of Ossetia
HUNTER VZLA
George1
miketheterrible
calm
Слободан човек
airstrike
Erk
OminousSpudd
KiloGolf
AlfaT8
Grazneyar
DerWolf
Viktor
higurashihougi
Walther von Oldenburg
Inetwarrior
Airbornewolf
Bolt
franco
BlackArrow
BTRfan
JohninMK
magnumcromagnon
iraqidabab
Godric
zepia
Karl Haushofer
Book.
collegeboy16
Cucumber Khan
max steel
GunshipDemocracy
Werewolf
putinboss
Flyingdutchman
nemrod
KomissarBojanchev
TR1
Regular
Pervius
GarryB
lulldapull
Austin
IronsightSniper
UMC
sepheronx
milky_candy_sugar
Russian Patriot
79 posters

NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

TR1
    TR1

NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders - Page 2 Empty Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:50 am

"And to add fuel to fire, we view Russians more positive than people who live in Russian federation.(Chechens, Dagestanis and etc)"

Out of curiosity, why?
    There are a lot more ethnic Russians in the Baltic countries to make an opinion, positive or negative.
    Regular
    Regular

NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders - Page 2 Empty Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

Post  Regular Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:17 am

TR1 wrote:
    "And to add fuel to fire, we view Russians more positive than people who live in Russian federation.(Chechens, Dagestanis and etc)"

Out of curiosity, why? There are a lot more ethnic Russians in the Baltic countries to make an opinion, positive or negative.
    Maybe it's because we do have more in common. Well for once we don't drive in Moscow shooting AK's, we live there and blend amongst Russians perfectly. Some of Russians don't do the same in my country while others know lithuanian better than native speakers (my lithuanian and german teacher was infact Russian). Maybe it's my opinion, but Dagestani and Chechen unemployed youth have too much free time on their hands and build unhealthy hostility towards Russians in general. Some of them manifest it and some of them are fighting their war on runet
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:19 am

Well, same could be said of unemployed peoples everywhere.
    Ethnic Russians after all cause most of the stupidity in Russia Wink.

Anyways I am curious because most of my family lives in Dagestan.
    I think ethnic identities are stupid and useless int he 21st century, but thats just me.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:16 am

TR1 wrote:Well, same could be said of unemployed peoples everywhere.

I think ethnic identities are stupid and useless int he 21st century, but thats just me.
    Can You tell me what is life like in Dagestan at the moment? Never had chance to visit it (was a kid in SU times and we went to Sochi or Georgia, Abkhazia for holidays)
    Ethnic Lithuanians have their share too. I for example I could go on and on about what fools we have. Our radical nazi loving, genocide whitewashing nationalists and their involvement are a shame we like to ignore. Majority of people don't care and that is another problem. They are more interested in heating prices than anything else.

TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:12 am

It is far from ideal.
    Really corrupt, lots of shootings and bombing, basically situation has gone downhill since USSR, but is getting slowly better now.
    Makhachkala is looking nicer these days than 10 years ago.

I don't visit very often at all though, so I am not the best source of the situation first hand.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:25 am

Regular wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Well, same could be said of unemployed peoples everywhere.

Can You tell me what is life like in Dagestan at the moment? Never had chance to visit it (was a kid in SU times and we went to Sochi or Georgia, Abkhazia for holidays)
    Ethnic Lithuanians have their share too. I for example I could go on and on about what fools we have. Our radical nazi loving, genocide whitewashing nationalists and their involvement are a shame we like to ignore. Majority of people don't care and that is another problem. They are more interested in heating prices than anything else.

You're the only Lithuanian I've seen so far on the internet that doesn't say he regrets that Hitler didn't exterminate all russians respekt it always amazes me that most neo-Nazis aren't from Germany but from more eastern countries like Poland, Ukraine and the Baltic states and it amazes me how they still support them when generalplan ost stated that 50-80% of those nationalities should be exterminated or that those west Ukrainian Nazis should technically hate the polish more since it was them that ruled and frequently occupied the Lvov region t than the Russians.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:50 am

You're the only Lithuanian I've seen so far on the internet that doesn't say he regrets that Hitler didn't exterminate all russians

Don't let the anger of a few idiots colour your view of an entire group.

I knew Regular was from Lithuania... just google the words on the picture below his name and you will know they are Lithuanian...

Being neighbours doesn't automatically make you friends... infact sharing a border can be difficult and past conflicts always simmering under the surface can make real friendships difficult, but at the end of the day it makes more sense to get along and trade and earn money together than to ignore or crush your neighbours.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:

You're the only Lithuanian I've seen so far on the internet that doesn't say he regrets that Hitler didn't exterminate all russians :@
    That is funny, I've met some people like that too but only on internet. Russians serve in our military, most of them in the navy. I bet they would be happy to hear such statement.
    And...
    Hitler wasn't going for Russians. He was going for Jews and everyone that was against him.
    Before German invasion Stalin started mass deportations in Lithuania, so You can guess that it wasn't nice either. When Germans came they pretended to be saviours, but it turned out worse. We where not aryan material either no matter how many Jews our puppet government killed our country was already planned for German colonists to repopulate so our fate was sealed. Stalin repressions where bad but when he wasn't interested in total extermination of nations.
    Funny thing - I've seen many Russian neo-nazis too, some of them glorify Hitler, they have SS tatoos and etc. I don't really know if they read history, maybe You can be fascinated with Wermacht in some way but for god sake, not nazi ideology. It has to do with 90ties mess and rise of nationalism as new thing. We were brewing in same pot for so many years so no wonder why we have same problems and same nonsenses. Healthy nationalism is not bad and to love Your own country is nothing wrong, but there is an extreme side to it. Glorifying it to the extreme, like minority in Lithuania do. Funny thing - 44 percent of people are strongly against pseudo-patriots and 23 percent don't even know some they exist, they just don't care. No family has no imbecile (Russian saying)
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:40 pm

I didn't know there were Russian military personell in the Lithuanian army. in fact I didn't know there were even many Russians in Lithuania. I've heard they were only common in Latvia and Estonia. BTW what kind of ships the Lithuanian navy have? Are there any soviet ones still in service?
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Regular wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:

You're the only Lithuanian I've seen so far on the internet that doesn't say he regrets that Hitler didn't exterminate all russians :@
    That is funny, I've met some people like that too but only on internet. Russians serve in our military, most of them in the navy. I bet they would be happy to hear such statement.
    And...
    Hitler wasn't going for Russians. He was going for Jews and everyone that was against him.
    Before German invasion Stalin started mass deportations in Lithuania, so You can guess that it wasn't nice either. When Germans came they pretended to be saviours, but it turned out worse. We where not aryan material either no matter how many Jews our puppet government killed our country was already planned for German colonists to repopulate so our fate was sealed. Stalin repressions where bad but when he wasn't interested in total extermination of nations.
    Funny thing - I've seen many Russian neo-nazis too, some of them glorify Hitler, they have SS tatoos and etc. I don't really know if they read history, maybe You can be fascinated with Wermacht in some way but for god sake, not nazi ideology. It has to do with 90ties mess and rise of nationalism as new thing. We were brewing in same pot for so many years so no wonder why we have same problems and same nonsenses. Healthy nationalism is not bad and to love Your own country is nothing wrong, but there is an extreme side to it. Glorifying it to the extreme, like minority in Lithuania do. Funny thing - 44 percent of people are strongly against pseudo-patriots and 23 percent don't even know some they exist, they just don't care. No family has no imbecile (Russian saying)
    Did stalin really deport half of the Lithuanian population in Siberia ? If that were true there would be a substantial amount of Lithuanian habitants there but this isn't the case? Did they return? I've heard that after WW2 the soviet authorities deported anyone that collaborated with the Nazis.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:I didn't know there were Russian military personell in the Lithuanian army. in fact I didn't know there were even many Russians in Lithuania. I've heard they were only common in Latvia and Estonia. BTW what kind of ships the Lithuanian navy have? Are there any soviet ones still in service?
    I mean Russians in Lithuanian military. It's only 6% (I believe it could be bigger number) less than in Latvia, but for example 20 percent of population in Klaipeda(port city) is Russian. Not to mention the ones who got assimilated are in mixed family and etc.
    I think we only have one or two Soviet ships in service and most of what we have are and other are old ships from Denmark, England and etc. In total we have about 12 ships or so. Miners and patrol boats. Nothing to write home about, but no need for more.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:24 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    Did stalin really deport half of the Lithuanian population in Siberia ? If that were true there would be a substantial amount of Lithuanian habitants there but this isn't the case? Did they return? I've heard that after WW2 the soviet authorities deported anyone that collaborated with the Nazis.
    Not half, ever 4th. There were waves of deportation. 16 thousand people were deported to Siberia without charges in 1941 under the first occupation. I'm pretty sure that they didn't collaborate with Nazi Germany and if some did they had enough time to go away after Soviet union gave note. At that time and it was Molotov-Ribentrop pact. Most of deportations were decided by local communists and some of them were personal.
    After that Germans came and we lost 300000 people, most of them were Jews, but there was Lithuanians who wanted to help them by hiding them or helping them to escape. Again, we had own bastards being more than eager to kill our own citizens.
    And after re-occupation by Soviets until 1952 we had 300000 people deported to Siberia. Only few of them had anything with Nazis, but it was up to local communists and enforcers to judge if the person/family was worth it. 35 percent of deported people died there. It wasn't holiday camp. Some people died in animal wagons while being transported to Siberia, they had to eat their leather belts and leather shoes because couldn't keep up with hunger. Not to mention population displaced by massive destruction that was caused by war and ensuing partisan fights that again only lowered our number as Istrebiteli and partisans fighting them were Lithuanians.
    So I can asure You that no sane Lithuanian would love Hitler or Stalin. Both were almost equally bad for us. I'm not talking about Russians or Germans it wasn't for them to decide.
    Just FYI, Russians were in labour camps too, most of the kulaks that were sent there died, they didn't have chance to wait till Stalin died and destalinisation process began. To be honest, it was Stalin was more cruel to Russians when You look at sheer number of people of people that died. He was Georgian so I think he didn't care. I've heard that Georgians lived better than rest of the people in Soviet union and when Stalin died and destalinisation began, they protested it and started riots.
    nemrod
    nemrod

NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders - Page 2 Empty Latvia demands Permanent NATO Bases

Post  nemrod Thu May 22, 2014 1:21 pm

Latvia Insists Russia -would- "Becoming More Aggressive"

http://news.antiwar.com/2014/05/21/latvia-demands-permanent-nato-bases/

nemrod
    nemrod

NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders - Page 2 Empty NATO would respond militarily to Crimea-style infiltration in Ukraine: General Philip Breedlove

Post  nemrod Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:43 pm

As USA are in economic cra$h, in a deep depression, the best way to refund money that was borrowed is to threaten your debtor. However this time, no one is duped, the games are over for USA, everyone knows very well that US as Nato, cannot afford to wage a new war against Russia and China. This time it is not the weak and isolated Iraq, neither the litlle Serbia. This time won't be virtual war, this time won't be the old migs full of duty, and poor trained pilots, neither won"t be old outdated sam, neither old electronic hardware, neither poor motived soldiers. US military staff knows very well what a war would be.
    In fact the hope of US is to driven as much as possible the maximum of countries to break their relations with the dynamic economic Brics countries. But this hope leads to nowhere for US.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-17/news/52901512_1_general-philip-breedlove-non-nato-member-ukraine-nato-summit

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1624281

Flyingdutchman
    Flyingdutchman

Post  Flyingdutchman Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:53 am

nemrod wrote:
    As USA are in economic cra$h, in a deep depression, the best way  to refund money that was borrowed is to threaten your debtor. However this time, no one is duped, the games are over for USA,  everyone knows very well that US as Nato, cannot afford to wage a new war against Russia and China. This time it is not the weak and isolated Iraq, neither the litlle Serbia. This time won't be virtual war, this time won't be the old migs full of duty, and poor trained pilots, neither won"t be old outdated sam, neither old electronic hardware, neither poor motived soldiers. US military staff knows very well what a war would be.
    In fact the hope of US is to driven as much as possible the maximum of countries to break their relations with the dynamic economic Brics countries. But this hope leads to nowhere for US.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-17/news/52901512_1_general-philip-breedlove-non-nato-member-ukraine-nato-summit

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1624281

He doesn't say he would intervene in Ukraine, but in other NATO countries…
    nemrod
    nemrod

NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders - Page 2 Empty US Troops Are Heading To Ukraine

Post  nemrod Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:58 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-02/us-troops-are-heading-ukraine

US prepares military drill in W. Ukraine for mid-September
    http://endthelie.com/2014/09/02/us-prepares-military-drill-in-w-ukraine-for-mid-september/#LQIaFD3Shepb3Swx.99
    nemrod
    nemrod

NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders - Page 2 Empty Russian General Demands Preemptive Nuclear Strike Doctrine Against NATO

Post  nemrod Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:34 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-04/major-escalation-russian-general-demands-preemptive-nuclear-strike-doctrine-against-
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Four Polish Warplanes Reinforce NATO Contingent in Lithuania

Four Polish MiG-29 fighter airplanes will join NATO contingent in Lithuania, according to Lithuania Ministry of National Defense.

VILNIUS, January 8 (Sputnik) — Four Polish MiG-29 fighter airplanes, aiming to reinforce NATO's Baltic Air Policing Mission, currently carried out by an Italian air contingent, landed at the Lithuanian Air Force Base in Siauliai, Lithuania's Ministry of National Defense said on Thursday.

According to the ministry's Wednesday statement, the new contingent will arrive from their permanent station at the 23rd Tactical Minsk-Mazowiecki Air Base.

"The over 100-strong contingent will be manned according to a model similar to the Italian contingent to include pilots, engineers, medical personnel, provision elements, communications and other specialists," the statement read.

The Baltic States have no military airplanes suitable for air policing; and so the security of the airspace of the three countries is ensured by airplanes from other NATO members based in Lithuania's Siauliai. Polish airplanes will join four Italian Eurofighter fighter jets which have been in Lithuania since January 1.

The Polish Air Force will take part in the Baltic Air Policing Mission for the sixth time. Previously they ensured the security of the Baltic States' airspace in May-August 2014.

Since 2004, when Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia joined NATO, the Baltic Air Policing Mission was handled by four fighters from one of the bloc's member countries. However, with the start of the crisis in Ukraine the Alliance increased its presence in the region and doubled the number of military airplanes in Siauliai. Four other airplanes have been based in Estonia since May 1, 2014.

Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia have recently appealed for a larger NATO presence in the region amid the armed conflict in Ukraine. NATO has accused Russia of taking part in the fighting, while Moscow has dismissed the claims as groundless.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:15 pm

NATO Scrambles Fighters After Russian Il-20 Spotted Over Baltic Sea
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:54 am

Poland Open to Arms Sales to Ukraine

Poland Ready to Send Humanitarian Convoy to East Ukraine Next Week: Reports
    WARSAW, January 30 (Sputnik) – Poland is open to selling weapons to Ukraine, Polish Foreign Minister Grzegorz Schetyna said Friday.

“Poland is open to arms sales to Ukraine,” Schetyna said speaking on Polish TOK FM radio. “We are open. This is business,” he added.

Schetyna stressed that the arms sales depend on Ukraine’s financial capabilities.

In October 2014, Schetyna said that Poland had no plans to supply Ukraine with arms.

On January 21, 2015 Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov denounced the deliveries of weapons by a number of NATO members and European Union countries as contradicting EU and Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) norms.

On Thursday, Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said that the West does not supply Kiev with lethal weapons, despite an announcement made by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in September last year that a number of NATO countries had agreed to deliver modern weapons to the country. Presidential adviser Yuri Lutsenko claimed later that an agreement had been reached at the NATO summit in Wales on the supply of weapons from the United States, France, Poland, Norway and Italy, but the countries cited subsequently denied the statement.

On January 6, the Ukrainian authorities announced that Kiev had received arms that it had previously requested from Lithuania.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150130/1017566555.html#ixzz3QO4tXwbX
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:09 pm

US Defense Budget Allocates Funds for NATO’s Baltic Air Policing Mission

US Defense Department announced Monday that four-and-half million US dollars could be allocated to a US Air Force sponsored Baltic air policing initiative with NATO partners.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — Four-and-half million US dollars could be allocated to a US Air Force sponsored Baltic air policing initiative with NATO partners as part of the $789 million for the European Reassurance Initiative, the US Defense Department announced Monday in its $585.3 billion defense budget proposal.

“These missions demonstrate Air Force’s continued commitment to European security and solidarity with other NATO allies. This initiative includes funding for the provision and maintenance of 24/7 air policing capabilities over the three Baltic States and adjacent international airspace,” the Defense Department said outlining the budget proposal.

The program will help Baltic NATO members Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia improve their capability, readiness, and responsiveness to deter against aggressors in the region, the Defense Department said. The NATO Baltic air policing initiative has been in place since the three Baltic States joined the alliance in 2004.

NATO has accused Russia over the last year of multiple sorties in the Baltic region as relations between the West and Russia have deteriorated over Ukraine. In January NATO's top commander, General Philip Breedlove, said the alliance aimed to strengthen exercises and defences in the Baltics.

A report last year by the European Leadership Network said there has been a sharp increase in incidents between Russian and NATO militaries. The report said “events add up to a highly disturbing picture of violations of national airspace, emergency scrambles, narrowly avoided mid-air collisions.”

NATO has been strengthening its military presence along Russia’s western border amid the Ukrainian crisis, which the alliance claims Russia is involved in. Moscow has repeatedly stressed that it is not involved in the situation in Ukraine and has expressed concern over the build-up of NATO forces along its borders.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150203/1017685795.html#ixzz3QgATS8u3
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Estonia Ready to Open NATO Command Center Next Week

Officers from both Estonia and other NATO member-states will be working in the new command center, Defense Minister Sven Mikser said. NATO plans to create six new command and control posts in Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania.

TALLIN (Sputnik) — Estonia is ready to open a NATO command center on its territory in the near future, the country's Defense Minister Sven Mikser said in an interview with Estonian National Television Friday.

"We have announced our preparedness to station this kind of center. We are ready to do it even next week. Actually, we have already provided working placement and the necessary means. Right now we are looking for and appointing Estonian staff," Mikser said.

According to the minister, officers from both the host country and other NATO member-states will be working in the command center.

On Thursday, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg announced a doubling of the military bloc's Response Force to 30,000 people. The ministers also agreed on the creation of six new command and control posts in Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania.

On Friday, Russia's envoy to the alliance, Alexander Grushko said that NATO's recent decision will lead to "adequate" changes in his country's military planning, as it "creates a great risk for Russia."

Russia has repeatedly expressed concern over the buildup of NATO forces along its western borders, primarily in the Baltics, which Grushko thinks could again become a region of "military confrontation."

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150206/1017874906.html#ixzz3Qy0pl8SX
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:32 pm

Latvian Army Claims NATO Jets Scrambled to Intercept Russian Plane
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Moscow concerned by plans to form joint Ukrainian-Polish-Lithuanian military brigade
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:51 pm

NATO Buildup Near Russian Borders Undermines Security - Lavrov

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov stated after meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg that NATO's course on strengthening its military potential and expanding its military presence in eastern Europe provokes confrontation and undermines the whole system of Euro-Atlantic security.

MOSCOW, (Sputnik) — Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov reiterated Saturday that NATO military buildup near the Russian borders fuels up confrontation and undermines European security.

Lavrov met with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference to discuss the deterioration of relations between Russia and NATO in light of the Ukrainian crisis.

"NATO's course on strengthening its military potential and expanding its military presence and infrastructure on the alliance's 'eastern flank' as well as an increase in the number of exercises near the Russian borders creates additional tensions, provoke confrontation and undermine the whole system of Euro-Atlantic security," the Russian Foreign Ministry quoted Lavrov as saying.

The sides also discussed the current standoff between Kiev authorities and self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics in eastern Ukraine.

"Lavrov stressed that NATO support of Kiev's military action in southern Ukraine hampers attempts to find a peaceful resolution of the deep domestic crisis in Ukraine," the ministry said.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov explained that all the measures taken by NATO are defensive and pledged to maintain an open channel of dialogue with Moscow.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150207/1017944337.html#ixzz3R4wfAkSU

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:30 am