Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Podlodka77
Krepost
xeno
Lapain
billybatts91
Arsenic
walle83
PhSt
SolidarityWithRussia
Tsavo Lion
Werewolf
Pincus Shain
Pacense
VARGR198
zare
SeigSoloyvov
owais.usmani
LMFS
d_taddei2
Rodion_Romanovic
par far
PapaDragon
thegopnik
Walther von Oldenburg
zorobabel
ahmedfire
The-thing-next-door
Sprut-B
Scorpius
Odin of Ossetia
Big_Gazza
littlerabbit
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Godric
Isos
GunshipDemocracy
Serberus
Airbornewolf
ucmvulcan
Ispan
Eugenio Argentina
Mir
Stealthflanker
Hole
Belisarius
lyle6
Broski
Firebird
JohninMK
Karl Haushofer
TMA1
ALAMO
higurashihougi
sepheronx
Backman
GarryB
mnztr
Arkanghelsk
bandit6
Dr.Snufflebug
Regular
franco
lancelot
Arrow
kvs
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50

Post  ALAMO Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:19 pm

I have just checked the Zaliv precise location and how the shipyard is arranged. The location of ships at pierse etc.
    Honestly never bothered. scratch dunno
    It looks like missiles were coming from a Zaporhoze-Dnepropetrovsk-Pavlograd triangle direction.
    My guess is, that those slipped through some weak point between Melitopol and Berdyansk where there is no serious Russkie air defense as there is nothing to cover.
    And a target is unusual either.
    A case of well-planned NATO assets use type of attack, that will lead to closing a gap by Russkie soon.
    And they will seek for another one, for more TikTok victories to be released, once a month at best.

GarryB, franco, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Backman and Belisarius like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:55 pm

ALAMO wrote:I have just checked the Zaliv precise location and how the shipyard is arranged. The location of ships at pierse etc.
    Honestly never bothered. scratch dunno
    It looks like missiles were coming from a Zaporhoze-Dnepropetrovsk-Pavlograd triangle direction.
    My guess is, that those slipped through some weak point between Melitopol and Berdyansk where there is no serious Russkie air defense as there is nothing to cover.
    And a target is unusual either.
    A case of well-planned NATO assets use type of attack, that will lead to closing a gap by Russkie soon.
    And they will seek for another one, for more TikTok victories to be released, once a month at best.

Bro, they will try to hit combat units in Novorossiysk as well.
    I have no doubt that the Russians could have far greater losses than they have now. And "Arleigh Burke" would burn if it was in the area where BSF ships and submarines are.
    Kerch is only 171 km (air distance) away from Novorossiysk.
    After all, the Black Sea Fleet does not have any valuable combat units except for the somewhat remaining 4 submarines; B-871 "Alrosa" and 3 submarines of project 636.3 project ; B-262 "S.Oskol", B-268 "V. Novgorod" and B-271 "Kolpino".
    I do not know the extent of damage to the B-237 "Rostov", but I am convinced that the Russians will do everything to return that submarine to service. The forty-year-old landing ship "Minsk" will not be so lucky.
    Two submarines belonging to the BSF are outside the Black Sea, namely B-261 "Novorossiysk" and B-265 "Krasnodar".
    Although I am not a fan of those submarines, they are the best units in the BSF and their biggest enemy is only the Black Sea - a closed pond.

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:14 pm

Novorossiysk is well out of reach.
    A whole of naval tactics is shaping in front of our eyes, so just take a beer and enjoy the show.

Hole and Belisarius like this post

par far

Post  par far Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:21 pm

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs and Sprut-B like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:11 pm

No "terms". Just march on unto the polish and romanian borders.

On the other hand, some kind of negotiations would be cool.
    West: What are your demands?
    Russia: All of "Ukraine".
    West: That is impossible.
    Russia: All of "Ukraine" plus Alaska.
    West: No way!
    Russia: OK. All of "Ukraine" plus Alaska and Finland. Without the Finns, of course.
    West: Er...
    Russia: Be careful what you say. Constantinopel is also on the list!

franco, Firebird, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E, Sprut-B and like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:56 am

🇺🇦‼🚨 “The first F-16s donated from by Netherlands to Ukraine arrived at the training center in Romania yesterday” — Stoltenberg

https://t.me/iEarlGreyTV/7942
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:11 am

The Russian Armed Forces used self-aiming combat elements with SPBE shaped charges in the Avdeevka area against the positions and equipment of the Ukrainian Armed Forces

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Img_2306
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Img_2304
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Img_2305

GarryB, Sprut-B and thegopnik like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:01 am

These are armed with an EFP warhead. They're not particularly dangerous, not compared to FPV drones with single stage PG-7VL.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:12 am

GarryB, zardof and Sprut-B like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:37 am

Looks like Zelensky just tapped women for mobilization,

They're completely running low on manpower

He's saying they have 5x less losses than Russia

One thing is for sure, he's high on some good shit

Even the Americans are looking with incredulous expressions lol

He's taking 5x less losses, but he's depleted his available manpower lol

GarryB, zardof, Sprut-B, thegopnik, owais.usmani and lancelot like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:49 am

Bro, they will try to hit combat units in Novorossiysk as well. wrote:

The question is: will they get AGM 158? They waited a very long time even with ATAMCS
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:00 am

These are armed with an EFP warhead. They're not particularly dangerous, not compared to FPV drones with single stage PG-7VL.

The difference is that a FPV drone gets one vehicle at a time and can be very selective, but these top attack anti armour submunitions can be released over an area with armour... basically the charge is angled out at say 30 degrees and as it falls from say 400m it spins, so as it drops and spins it is scanning a circle that gets smaller and smaller and if it detects a tank before it hits the ground it has an IR sensor to detect if the target is already burning and if it isn't boom... a flat disk of metal is accelerated to speeds of 3-4km/s in an instant and a shape similar to that of a shuttlecock from Badminton hits the top of the tank at enormous speeds... in real time it looks like a laser attack.

The munitions can be delivered in bombs or rockets or artillery shells... they have been making them in the mid 1990s.

I would add that if Zelensky follows through on the promise for conscription for women it wont just be the women who rebel... most of the men will think that is just unacceptable too and it might create a civil war between nazi factions and non nazi ones if Russia is lucky.

zardof likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:11 am

Yeah you can just blanket the area with them, and devastate their manpower

What's funny is both sides have been using cluster warheads

But now Russia will just introduce an industrial amount, and we are seeing the Russian army advancing essentially along the entire front line

So as these cluster munitions increase in usage, we will see a faster collapse of Ukrainian defenses in the area
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:43 am

Eugenio Argentina wrote:🇷🇺 Russian troops have begun to use modernized Krasnopol precision-guided munitions with increased accuracy in the special operation in Ukraine, Sputnik has learned

It is not the accuracy a point here, but range and correction method.
    Krasnopol-DM is assisting both Koalitsya and Malva weapon systems, and is not compatible with the other 152 mm guns like MSTA.
    It is 70+ km range, and most probably even 80+ is used with 2S35.
    And is corrected by any available satellite navigation.
    Regular Krasnopol was limited to 25km, and which was more problematic on the heavy technical advanced battlefield, it required a laser beam illumination. Designed to be assisted by frontline operators with laser emitters, which is quite problematic today. Being useful as the laser emitters were transferred to the recon drones, yet it is still not an optimal solution.
    So it took Russkie a year to check the advantages of GPS guided ammunition when used, and made&field own equivalent as a whole system.

GarryB wrote:
    The difference is that a FPV drone gets one vehicle at a time and can be very selective, .

That is why this new Scalpel is quite an interesting thing. It can loiter within 40 km radius, even cheaper than Lancet, and carries 5 kg "payload". They cal it payload, not a warhead, as it can be adjusted to the mission. You just put a needed one inside before start. Five kilos of HE won't leave much of any type or artillery or stronghold.

GarryB, psg, kvs, zardof, Sprut-B, thegopnik, Hole and Mir like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:20 pm

Wikipedia is garbage and this is especially true since SMO started and Oryx serves as an "authoritative" source.
    But that doesn't annoy me, I'm annoyed that stupid Russians STILL use IISS as a "valid" source of information on their Wiki.
    The level of debilitation in Russia really worries me sometimes.
    They prefer IISS and probably Oryx too.
    Russians seem to still smell western shit more than their own..
    The whole fucking West uses and copies links from BMPD but not the Russians, NO WAY. Sometimes I think that crazy Papadragon is right.

Just look at this shit...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Screen28
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Screen29
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:36 pm

Any documents that can be edited without retention of original versions are Orwellian constructs. Straight out of 1984. Wikicrapia is routinely
    revised by NATzO intelligence agencies and their ecosystem of bootlicks. The memory hole revisions span into science subjects.

GarryB, par far, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:42 pm

To KVS

Bro, when I see that Oryx has ATTACK ON EUROPE in the title, everything is clear to me about their "objectivity"...
    And that IISS is from the same garbage can that serves the same propaganda purposes - both sources are from the same NAZI/NATO kitchen.
    And that doesn't bother me because I know it's garbage, but it bothers me when the Russians market the same garbage.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Screen30

Even the English language variant of the Wiki is much milder.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Screen31

kvs likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Empty The MiG-35 is supposed to have a new generation laser target marke

Post  GarryB Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:57 pm

Yeah you can just blanket the area with them, and devastate their manpower

The munitions shown are top attack anti armour penetrator munitions that actually find and aim for tanks as they fall.

They have fragmentation minelets that are 2.5kg of HE and fragmentation material (compared with a hand grenade with maybe 100grammes of HE) that are very effective against soft targets in the open.

What's funny is both sides have been using cluster warheads

They certainly have them but I would think considering the west called the use of cluster bombs a war crime near the start of the war that they would show any evidence they had of Russian use of cluster weapons every chance they got to prove how evil Russia is. The fact that they didn't, or if they did it turned out it was from a Ukrainian weapon like Tochka then they remained largely silent about the matter.

When the west ran out of conventional rounds and had to start supplying cluster warheads that had been decommissioned and were in storage for disposal then Russia started using that sort of weapon too... ironically Russia likely had plenty of such weapons in storage but were not using them to avoid claims of war crimes but now Kiev has openly received US cluster weapons Russia is free to use up its supply of such weapons that would otherwise have been disposed of too because there are treaties and agreements against their use. The act of US desperation made things easier for Russia and honestly the most effective cluster munitions shower a large area with deadly fragments making them rather effective against unarmoured targets like troops or civilian vehicles that the Orcs primarily use and not so effective against modern armoured vehicles like the ones the Russians are using...

So as these cluster munitions increase in usage, we will see a faster collapse of Ukrainian defenses in the area

They would be horribly effective against troops in an open field, but you learn to operate in a way that you become less of a target.

Krasnopol-DM is assisting both Koalitsya and Malva weapon systems, and is not compatible with the other 152 mm guns like MSTA.
    It is 70+ km range, and most probably even 80+ is used with 2S35.
    And is corrected by any available satellite navigation.
    Regular Krasnopol was limited to 25km, and which was more problematic on the heavy technical advanced battlefield, it required a laser beam illumination.

I believe the Krasnopol-DM when fired from MSTA can reach targets 43km away because it does not have delicate optical components needed for the laser homing version of the round so it can be accelerated to a much higher speed without risk of damage.

The MiG-35 is supposed to have a new generation laser target marker that can mark targets up to 20km away...

Last edited by GarryB on Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:26 pm

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Godric, JohninMK, zardof and LMFS like this post

Pincus Shain

Post  Pincus Shain Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:27 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:To KVS

Bro, when I see that Oryx has ATTACK ON EUROPE in the title, everything is clear to me about their "objectivity"...
    And that IISS is from the same garbage can that serves the same propaganda purposes - both sources are from the same NAZI/NATO kitchen.
    And that doesn't bother me because I know it's garbage, but it bothers me when the Russians market the same garbage.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Screen30

Even the English language variant of the Wiki is much milder.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #50 - Page 21 Screen31

I went to that website at the following url and saw their claims:
    https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html
    Tanks (2475, of which destroyed: 1618, damaged: 140, abandoned: 167, captured: 550)
    This in itself is a joke. If Ukraine captured 550 combat ready tanks from Russia, why would they be begging for tanks like a crackhead asking for a rock? Where do they even get these pics from?

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:31 pm

I think at some low point during the disastrous "counter-offensive" Oryx announced on Twatter that he is closing shop Laughing

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and Eugenio Argentina like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:38 pm

Don't ask questions and don't look at the obvious. Oryx lied profusely when equipment is similar to each other. As soon as the equipment types changed and it was western equipment that was destroyed, he couldn't lie anymore so closed shop.

Never mind the fact that if they captured all that equipment, why did Ukraine beg for equipment?

But, people believe it. Because in the end, people are stupid

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Godric and like this post

Pincus Shain

Post  Pincus Shain Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:46 pm

sepheronx wrote:Don't ask questions and don't look at the obvious. Oryx lied profusely when equipment is similar to each other. As soon as the equipment types changed and it was western equipment that was destroyed, he couldn't lie anymore so closed shop.

Never mind the fact that if they captured all that equipment, why did Ukraine beg for equipment?

But, people believe it. Because in the end, people are stupid

This is so true. I never realized how stupid until I went over to Reddit and saw the comments. The people on there have an even lower IQ than the crossdressers on Twitter.
    It is quite clear that all the people like Brent Cooper are paid to run that show. Who can answer thousands of questions like that a week unless it is a full-time job?

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, Eugenio Argentina and Belisarius like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:37 pm

franco likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:12 pm

It seems that as Avdeyevka is weakening, the flanks are opening up

Russia is doing well to pick objectives distributed throughout the frontline

I would say, the next operational objective could be Niu York

Looking at Niu York, it will lose its right flank entirely with only Toretsk protecting it on the left

As for Krasnogorovka a domino effect will hit from here to Marinka, Vodyanoye, NovoMikhailovka, and Ugledar as each mini fort loses its cover

To the north, the only way to relieve the pressure on Bakhmut is to begin the attack on Seversk

This will open the way to Slavyansk and assist the Kupyansk advance

Then you attack Chasov Yar and Konstantinovka at the same time as they lose Niu York and Toretsk, and their southern positions also become more and more isolated from the northern Donbass

Liberating the Donbass will usher in unprecedented doctrines on Urban warfare

Russia will be able to take entire cities with ease once it applies the learning to its doctrines

Mir likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:17 am