Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Quote options for posts

GarryB
    GarryB

Quote options for posts Empty Quote options for posts

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:27 am

It has been rather nice since I disabled the auto quote system, but some members are not so happy.

No big long repeating conversations, but it does make it harder to post.

So rather that restore the quote the entire message button there was a multi quote button that is available.

I don't know how it works or whether it will be better or worse than the original quote everything button.

I will enable the button shortly, I assume it will appear at the bottom of every post so you can use it to quote from that particular post.

We will try this for a period of time and if it does not work we will then try the original quote button for a period.

It is up to you whether we keep one or other button active, and that is not to say it will be a vote, it will be about how you use it within the rules of the forum... ie no chain letters.

Regards
    GarryB

franco and George1 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Quote options for posts Empty Re: Quote options for posts

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:49 am

OK so that multiquote button is just a button you can click on before you click reply to quote multiple posts and put them in your reply.

I have disabled that and just enabled the normal quote button.

Be clear this is a temporary thing and will stop of people get lazy and just post entire post quotes instead of trimming down to just quoting what you are replying to.

Any posted conversations and the button will go again and it will be even less likely it will come back.

GarryB

franco likes this post

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm