Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Karl Haushofer
par far
calripson
bandit6
Mir
limb
Azi
Isos
LMFS
Big_Gazza
TMA1
ALAMO
nomadski
lyle6
Erk
kvs
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
caveat emptor
dionis
0nillie0
mr_hd
rfan
Arsenic
zorobabel
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
billybatts91
Rodion_Romanovic
OminousSpudd
Ispan
Singular_Transform
psg
Werewolf
crod
Firebird
Scorpius
PapaDragon
PhSt
flamming_python
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
JohninMK
ATLASCUB
lancelot
walle83
Airbornewolf
Stealthflanker
ucmvulcan
VARGR198
ArgentinaGuard
SeigSoloyvov
Podlodka77
Arrow
Belisarius
andalusia
Broski
Arkanghelsk
sepheronx
GarryB
thegopnik
franco
Backman
Hole
68 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:41 pm

Backman wrote:Russian command didn't expect this because it is inherently insane and irrational. This is an isis style suicide run. It is all done for propaganda purposes. And it sure doesn't help when Russia supporters feed the narrative

at least you can admit it

And still other things need to be corrected

But alas we are just peasants

Again, noone said hohols will win - who gives a shit about narrative?

Just get the results then noone will worry about narrative
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:45 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 19 Img_2169

VSU is in operational encirclement by fire , units attacking from south
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:46 pm

All of the sudden the rest of the 1200 km front is irrelevant and some town is the pivot of the war.

GTFO.

No shit that Russian forces were not able to stop a human wave assault in a secondary sector. Where is the Kiev regime triumph in
    Donetsk?

As pointed out already, Russian forces will respond with a deployment to squash the human wave attack.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, VARGR198, BliTTzZ, Hole and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:49 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 19 Img_2169

Well I did say yesterday that this looked like a fairly narrow line of advance that did look like it could be cut off and bombed and shelled out of existence. I can only hope the Russians and their allies finish off the Ukrainian offensive before the Nazis start committing war crimes against the civilians in the area again.

GarryB, BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:51 pm

kvs wrote:All of the sudden the rest of the 1200 km front is irrelevant and some town is the pivot of the war.

GTFO.

No shit that Russian forces were not able to stop a human wave assault in a secondary sector.   Where is the Kiev regime triumph in
    Donetsk?

As pointed out already, Russian forces will respond with a deployment to squash the human wave attack.    

How is izyum a secondary sector?

Russian command didn't expect this because it is inherently insane and irrational. This is an isis style suicide run. It is all done for propaganda purposes. And it sure doesn't help when Russia supporters feed the narrative

This isnt irrational. its putting pressure off of slavyansk. Also they can easily dig in and makeanother massive trench network, which the russians won't be able to take because they lack manpower.

flamming_python dislikes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:51 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Backman wrote:Russian command didn't expect this because it is inherently insane and irrational. This is an isis style suicide run. It is all done for propaganda purposes. And it sure doesn't help when Russia supporters feed the narrative

at least you  can admit it

You are part of the 6th column.   Every single set back for Russian forces is treated as the sky is falling and utter fail by Russia by you.
    Thus you are full of shit.   Sign up for the front if you care so much.   I am sure you can teach Russian generals how to use 200,000 troops
    like 2,000,000.    

The only thing that matters is the end result and the minimization of Russian losses.   Clowns like you would follow the Zelensky approach and
    burn through men defending two bit villages that have no significance.    Your chicken little criticon BS has been a fail every single time and this
    is true this time around.

Your 6th column and its efforts have succeeded in igniting NATzO propaganda parroting all the BS you clowns spew.  

Congratulations.

Last edited by kvs on Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, xeno, Big_Gazza, nlyh, mnrck and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:52 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 19 Img_2169

Well I did say yesterday that this looked like a fairly narrow line of advance that did look like it could be cut off and bombed and shelled out of existence.  I can only hope the Russians and their allies finish off the Ukrainian offensive before the Nazis start committing war crimes against the civilians in the area again.

This is Kupyansk area, where hohols rushed forward

if they retake it, there's still 70km2 from north to south by Balakliya that is not in encirclement
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:52 pm

Russian fighting off Ukrainians https://twitter.com/i/status/1568307025225850883
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:53 pm

caveat emptor wrote:For now, it looks like breach is stabilizing.There's a talk from Ukrainian channels that around 50k troops were deployed for this operation. If they manage to deploy reinforcements and dig in, it won't be easy to expel them.
    I agree with what Geroman says:
    https://t.me/geromanat/460

It will be extremely easy to expel them, as they don't have strongholds made for 8 years.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Rodion_Romanovic, Hole and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:55 pm

kvs wrote:

You are part of the 6th column.   Every single set back for Russian forces is treated as the sky is falling and utter fail by Russia by you.
    Thus you are full of shit.   Sign up for the front if you care so much.   I am sure you can teach Russian generals how to use 200,000 troops
    like 2,000,000.    

The only thing that matters is the end result and the minimization of Russian losses.   Clowns like you would follow the Zelensky approach and
    burn through men defending to bit villages that have no significance.    Your chicken little criticon BS has been a fail every single time and this

Your 6th column and its efforts have succeeded in igniting NATzO propaganda parroting all the BS you clowns spew.  

Congratulations.

You give too much credit, take it up with the boys upstairs who got caught off guard by Ukrainian army for what's being said - don't deflect blame

And no I wouldn't burn manpower

I'd bomb the cities like Syria, evacuate civilians and do this

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 19 Hq72010

VKS in Syria - that's how you fight a war

Regular and thegopnik like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:57 pm

I am going to be curious about the body count just to see how many jackass counteroffensives the ukrainians will be able to do later
    Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:02 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:For now, it looks like breach is stabilizing.There's a talk from
    Ukrainian channels that around 50k troops were deployed for this operation. If they manage to deploy reinforcements and dig in, it won't be easy to expel them.

It will be extremely easy to expel them, as they don't have strongholds made for 8 years.
    Yep, no air cover, no fortifications, no heavy artillery support. The only thing more pathetic than the  ̶K̶h̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ Kharkov counteroffensive are the pro-russian defeatists running around this forum like headless chickens.

Last edited by Broski on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, nlyh, Hole, Backman and Belisarius like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:03 pm

SOBR OMEGA, heroes of Balakleya, has a message for you🇷🇺

Everyone alive!

SOBR made it out of Balakliya

Regular, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, BliTTzZ and thegopnik like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:07 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:For now, it looks like breach is stabilizing.There's a talk from Ukrainian channels that around 50k troops were deployed for this operation. If they manage to deploy reinforcements and dig in, it won't be easy to expel them.

Surely the objective will be to expel none? Kill them before they can get back to their defence lines.

Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:07 pm

I suspect they've learned to expect anything
    Including this
    Little chance it was a surprise when all things are considered

Anyway playtime's over as predicted, looks like the cavalry is arriving

GarryB, Firebird, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, BliTTzZ, Hole and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:11 pm

"Ukraine plays to its audience

In the last 72 hours or so, the pro-Russian side of the internet has been sent into an tailspin of panic over a new Ukrainian counteroffensive which is currently being launched in the Kharkov region, with the intention of compromising the Russian army grouping at Izyum. The panic was triggered by claims that Ukraine was advancing unopposed, encircling - or perhaps even capturing - the city of Balakliya - and on the verge of cutting off supply lines to Izyum."

Full article -https://bigserge.substack.com/p/ukraine-counterattacks

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:17 pm

kvs wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:

at least you  can admit it

like 2,000,000.    

burn through men defending two bit villages that have no significance.    Your chicken little criticon BS has been a fail every single time and this

Congratulations.

All of a sudden this small town Balawhatever that no-one has ever heard of was the site of a great Russian defeat.
    And the suspects here plus some freshly turned new ones were blaring the Klaxons as soon as they heard it had fallen, despite it have never been heard of or mentioned until now.

We've heard that Russians north of Slavyansk will be surrounded
    We've heard that the 'battle for the Donbass' will be lost (WTF is that?)
    That the war in the Ukraine is already lost, we even heard
    Wow, oh woe!  Laughing

Whereas in reality everything has evolved predictably. And no prizes for guessing the fate of the Ukr forces overextended and surrounded, even if they are light and mobile - are about to experience next.
    Best case scenario for them, they'll be able to mostly withdraw in time without plunder, booty or equipment. But will they do th smart thing? Have my doubts.

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole, Backman, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:18 pm

caveat emptor wrote:Russians are like Serbs. They need a serious kick in the ass to start performing. I hope this is the kick.

Russia also paid in blood for the Great Patriotic War, but it won. If the Russians had not entered Belgrade in 1944, you would be speaking German today.
    We did not defeat one of the "greatest" generals of all time, Napoleon. As soon as I hear that western story about the "great" Napoleon, my head hurts. NAPOLEON IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF HOW THE WEST EXAGGERATES ITS ARMY LEADERS.
    He was a complete idiot without an absence of consciousness, arrogant.. All the best to Kutuzov !
    For me, one Gunther Lutjens, who with the "Bismarck" battleship set off for half of the Royal Navy was a true hero.
    Neither the French nor the English are equal to the Germans in ground battles, except that the French and English govern their states better than the Germans at the present day.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 19 Bundes10

Gunther Lutjens... The ship's rudder was destroyed but Gunther ordered "full throttle ahead"...

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:18 pm

No report tonight, too tired.. and I am on vacation this week

Somebody a few pages back posted this. It has my seal of approval

https://bigserge.substack.com/p/ukraine-counterattacks

One comment from a great commentator on my blog, a Spanish military officer (artillery, major or above), great man, married to a Russian woman, he's one of ours. He and a couple other military/intelligence pals follow my blog and offer very good hidnsights and act as my "peer review" of sorts.

"As Zarzovs and Zhukov (me, Ispan) himself well say, in war not everything is linear. There are moments of progress, stagnation and setbacks. That's happening now. On such a broad front line, there are always weak points within it. They have them both sides along the same. Ukraine has decided to test in two, one to the south and one to the east. The southern attempt failed and is now in the phase of Front rectification. In the East, they have achieved initial success. Well, so what? For the offensive to be successful, they would need to be able to maneuver, then, against the Donbass Forces and for this they do not have troops. So? An offensive to nowhere, as in the Ebro in 1938 or the Ardennes in 1944, that does create problems for the other side but that without aviation to sustain it or the ability to exploit success leads, sooner or later, to establish itself on the defensive and suffer the consequences.
    Let us understand that, in war, defenses are not always without idea of recoil. Ground is often ceded to force the enemy to stretch their lines and expose their Units outside the protection of their artillery. The retreat, well executed, allows to attract the enemy to a point where it can be counterattacked.
    And in this line of thought , the Russians have one option that they can exploit as well to divert attention from Kharkov: Nikolayev. An attack in that direction would take a good part of the Forces that are now still clinging to the small gains in Kherson in a compromised situation in addition to forcing the Ukrainian command to divert troops to plug the bleeding and they would have to dig deep to get them
    I would be worried if instead of 9,000 men they would have thrown 50,00 in this offensive. but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I repeat, they are only going to get a local gain with no possibility of going any further. Even an attack on Izyum, where there are numerous Russian forces, which would only have to reorient their front, is doomed to failure."

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, lyle6 and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:25 pm

Backman wrote:"Ukraine plays to its audience

In the last 72 hours or so, the pro-Russian side of the internet has been sent into an tailspin of panic over a new Ukrainian counteroffensive which is currently being launched in the Kharkov region, with the intention of compromising the Russian army grouping at Izyum. The panic was triggered by claims that Ukraine was advancing unopposed, encircling - or perhaps even capturing - the city of Balakliya - and on the verge of cutting off supply lines to Izyum."

Full article -https://bigserge.substack.com/p/ukraine-counterattacks

Sounds like a coordinated psyops offensive

Russia needs to learn to counter this sort of thing better. The infowar attacks that is. As the ones on the ground they already know how to handle

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, PapaDragon, nlyh, BliTTzZ and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:28 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    All of a sudden this small town Balawhatever that no-one has ever heard of was the site of a great Russian defeat.

Because this is how all the "social media" spin was already prepared Laughing
    They will put a dot on a map, and call it a mainstay of a whole campaign.
    And this shit will live until the dot will be taken or dye. Laughing Laughing Laughing
    We are seriously discussing the info stream coming from a source that was talking about non existing events.
    It was widely proved, still, they didn't care as the whole western shitstream was loading this to the info cannon Laughing

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Hole and Broski like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:57 pm

How many russian vehicles have the ukrainians captured in this offensive?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:08 am

limb wrote:How many russian vehicles have the ukrainians captured in this offensive?

Few videos from UA side, but shouldn't be that much. So far BTRs, BMPs and quite rare 1L261 vehicle.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:17 am

https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/russia-ukraine-war-2022.83278/page-2354#post-2336695 india defense saying support from moscow coming and the chinese are sending equipment to.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:18 am

Regular wrote:
    limb wrote:How many russian vehicles have the ukrainians captured in this offensive?

Few videos from UA side, but shouldn't be that much. So far BTRs, BMPs and quite rare 1L261 vehicle.

Yeah yeah. You got a full inventory from some UA propagandists did you.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:45 am