Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Karl Haushofer
par far
calripson
bandit6
Mir
limb
Azi
Isos
LMFS
Big_Gazza
TMA1
ALAMO
nomadski
lyle6
Erk
kvs
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
caveat emptor
dionis
0nillie0
mr_hd
rfan
Arsenic
zorobabel
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
billybatts91
Rodion_Romanovic
OminousSpudd
Ispan
Singular_Transform
psg
Werewolf
crod
Firebird
Scorpius
PapaDragon
PhSt
flamming_python
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
JohninMK
ATLASCUB
lancelot
walle83
Airbornewolf
Stealthflanker
ucmvulcan
VARGR198
ArgentinaGuard
SeigSoloyvov
Podlodka77
Arrow
Belisarius
andalusia
Broski
Arkanghelsk
sepheronx
GarryB
thegopnik
franco
Backman
Hole
68 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:08 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

Мулац, да ли те је неко нешто питао ?

There are institutions and therapy for problems like yours. Don't lose hope.

Lmao
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:09 am

ALAMO wrote:"Russia uses 10% of forces" is bullshit.

To be clear, I mean that Russia has no more than 10% of her army in theatre at any particular time. Additional forces are held in reserve on Russian territory, and Russia is rotating her combat troops to keep them fresh and rested (a "luxury" the Ukrops are mostly denied) but the boots on ground and force levels in combat are on the order of ~10%.

Agreed that when this is over, military theorists will be busy for years analysing the operations of this SMO. This is warfare that NATO is incapable of conducting, and it scares them shitless that Russia is able to launch an sustain such a campaign. Hopefully these arrogant Globalist & NATO twats can relearn the grudging respect they once had for Soviet/Russian military capabilities from Cold War days. If they can, they will greatly reduce the probability of making terrible errors of judgement and having their arses handed to them in a future continental shitshow.

GarryB, Hole, lancelot, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:12 am

From a poster on MoA. Now if this is correct, what opportunity might this present to the Russians? How does it compare in importance to Izyum? Just how much might Kiev have sacrificed for today's meeting in Ramstein?

Interesting, there are claims from Kharkov residents that Kharkov city is void of troops, only ambulances in the city. Some comments re: this article. If true, UA might have thrown most of their troops from Kharkov SE.

https://en.topwar.ru/201510-podrazdelenija-vsu-zamecheny-v-zapadnoj-chasti-balaklei-v-gorode-idut-boi.html

GarryB, flamming_python, Hole and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:16 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

Мулац, да ли те је неко нешто питао ?

There are institutions and therapy for problems like yours. Don't lose hope.

If Garry blocks me because of such assholes and five-columners like you, I will never return to the forum. The war in Ukrоshitstan is fought by men, not you and Arkhangelsk. I am not a coward, but I am not a witness to the war personally, I do not participate in it.
    Unlike you and others like you, I don't give myself the right to think about how something should be done this way and that way - the Russians know that better. And if Garry blocks me because of an IRRELEVANT CHARACTER like you, then this forum is not for me. I have contributed more here than you here, МУЛАЦ !

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:17 am

Podlodka77 wrote:
    Arkhangelsk, I can't be silent anymore - you're an idiot for a gold medal ! Who the **** are you ? What do you know ? A psycho sitting in an armchair and just hysterical, that's you. In the Russian General Staff and in the Kremlin, they are certainly cutting their veins and panicking, and they are planning to evacuate the population beyond the Urals. Come on, stop it ! Arkhangelsk, go to VLADIVOSTOK and you will be safer !
    I'm fed up with more of you smartass - stop it. If Russia is not mobilizing and everything is working as it is, then there must be a reason for that. Do you sit in the Kremlin or Putin? Is Gerasimov the Chief of the General Staff or is it Arkhangelsk ?
    Hello morons, you are just ordinary forum members and you don't know nothing - just like I don't know what the Russian plan is.

I can't stand pathos and cleverness, I get mad at that. Arkhangelsk and others like him "know" how and when aviation should be used, they "know" how and where troops should be deployed, just as they "know" what games are being played behind the scenes - what none of us can see. What a bunch of pathetic cowards...

We all don't know what the russian plan is...but for sure it's better for the people there to cry "slava Ukraini" and "Sieg Heil" than to trust the russian side. Russian Army just abandoned the people here ...they will kill hundreds of civilians and later claim that Russia killed them before retreating.

I can't understand a few things....

Why Ukraine has still now after 6 months a capable air defense? Russia can't use tactical and strategic aviation deep inside Ukraine! Why can Ukraine move freely large columns of armored vehicle? We all saw the images and videos of dozens over dozens of MRAP in a large column somewhere in Ukraine.

Why is the infrastructure in Ukraine not destroyed? Why are decision making centers not destroyed (as a warning!)?

Why no reinforcement near frontline villages and towns??? Instead 50000 soldiers participating in Vostok exercise. The information for a Ukrainian attack in Kharkov oblast was known for over 3 weeks.

If Ukraine can mass thousands of thousands soldiers with hundreds of tanks and APCs, they still have fuel and ammunition...if Ukraine aviation is still active....then something goes extreme wrong!

I have no doubt Russia will win this war!!! But people there will not forget, that Russia abandoned them! The success of the "counteroffensive" in Kharkov oblast will push the Ukrainians galactic. Instead of being desperate they smell a bit of victory over Russia and will bring more and more meat to the meat grinder and of course due to this Russian soldiers will die and civilians of course too.

These are legitimate questions you should ask!

BliTTzZ and rfan like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:19 am

Azi wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    Arkhangelsk, I can't be silent anymore - you're an idiot for a gold medal ! Who the **** are you ? What do you know ? A psycho sitting in an armchair and just hysterical, that's you. In the Russian General Staff and in the Kremlin, they are certainly cutting their veins and panicking, and they are planning to evacuate the population beyond the Urals. Come on, stop it ! Arkhangelsk, go to VLADIVOSTOK and you will be safer !
    I'm fed up with more of you smartass - stop it. If Russia is not mobilizing and everything is working as it is, then there must be a reason for that. Do you sit in the Kremlin or Putin? Is Gerasimov the Chief of the General Staff or is it Arkhangelsk ?
    Hello morons, you are just ordinary forum members and you don't know nothing - just like I don't know what the Russian plan is.

I can't stand pathos and cleverness, I get mad at that. Arkhangelsk and others like him "know" how and when aviation should be used, they "know" how and where troops should be deployed, just as they "know" what games are being played behind the scenes - what none of us can see. What a bunch of pathetic cowards...

We all don't know what the russian plan is...but for sure it's better for the people there to cry "slava Ukraini" and "Sieg Heil" than to trust the russian side. Russian Army just abandoned the people here ...they will kill hundreds of civilians and later claim that Russia killed them before retreating.

I can't understand a few things....

Why Ukraine has still now after 6 months a capable air defense? Russia can't use tactical and strategic aviation deep inside Ukraine! Why can Ukraine move freely large columns of armored vehicle? We all saw the images and videos of dozens over dozens of MRAP in a large column somewhere in Ukraine.

Why is the infrastructure in Ukraine not destroyed? Why are decision making centers not destroyed (as a warning!)?

Why no reinforcement near frontline villages and towns??? Instead 50000 soldiers participating in Vostok exercise. The information for a Ukrainian attack in Kharkov oblast was known for over 3 weeks.

If Ukraine can mass thousands of thousands soldiers with hundreds of tanks and APCs, they still have fuel and ammunition...if Ukraine aviation is still active....then something goes extreme wrong!

I have no doubt Russia will win this war!!! But people there will not forget, that Russia abandoned them! The success of the "counteroffensive" in Kharkov oblast will push the Ukrainians galactic. Instead of being desperate the smell a bit of victory over Russia and will bring more and more meat to the meat grinder and if course due to this Russian soldiers will die and civilians of course too.

These are legitimate questions you should ask!

Here is the answer... You wrote the most important thing - Russia will win this war.

Azi

Post  Azi Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:23 am

JohninMK wrote:From a poster on MoA. Now if this is correct, what opportunity might this present to the Russians? How does it compare in importance to Izyum? Just how much might Kiev have sacrificed for today's meeting in Ramstein?

Interesting, there are claims from Kharkov residents that Kharkov city is void of troops, only ambulances in the city. Some comments re: this article. If true, UA might have thrown most of their troops from Kharkov SE.

https://en.topwar.ru/201510-podrazdelenija-vsu-zamecheny-v-zapadnoj-chasti-balaklei-v-gorode-idut-boi.html
    Maybe true. Ukraine risks a lot with this kind of "counteroffensive". If they fail they will lose fast! If Ukraine try to push harder to the west they will fail definitely! If they are smart they will entrench in Balakleya as fast as possible.

Big_Gazza and caveat emptor like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:24 am

Podlodka77 wrote:
    If Garry blocks me because of such assholes and five-columners like you, I will never return to the forum. The war in Ukrоshitstan is fought by men, not you and Arkhangelsk. I am not a coward, but I am not a witness to the war personally, I do not participate in it.
    Unlike you and others like you, I don't give myself the right to think about how something should be done this way and that way - the Russians know that better. And if Garry blocks me because of an IRRELEVANT CHARACTER like you, then this forum is not for me. I have contributed more here than you here, МУЛАЦ !

As you said, this is forum and we are commenting ie. offering our opinions. If someone says something you don't like put them on ignore, debate them or just don't say anything.
    Don't personally offend people.
    As for everything else all i can say is - Путуј игумане и срећан пут!

Azi and rfan like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:41 am

Azi wrote:
    Maybe true. Ukraine risks a lot with this kind of "counteroffensive". If they fail they will lose fast! If Ukraine try to push harder to the west they will fail definitely! If they are smart they will entrench in Balakleya as fast as possible.
    As people before me said civilians with pro-Russian views will pay heavy price. For example, mayor of Balakleya was cooperating with Russian army from the day one. I hope that he left the town.
    This break can be rectified, but they'll have to mobilize reinforcements and attack head on. There will be much higher losses than normal, but that is the situation now. And it has to happen fast, because Ukrainians will send reinforcements.

BliTTzZ likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:54 am

The chicken littles make so many assumptions about what is going on.

Last edited by Backman on Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Hole and Belisarius like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:57 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Azi wrote:
    As people before me said civilians with pro-Russian views will pay heavy price. For example, mayor of Balakleya was cooperating with Russian army from the day one. I hope that he left the town.
    This break can be rectified, but they'll have to mobilize reinforcements and attack head on. There will be much higher losses than normal, but that is the situation now. And it has to happen fast, because Ukrainians will send reinforcements.
    Ukrainians are reportedly already carrying out the executions.

Regular and BliTTzZ like this post

Backman dislikes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:04 am

zorobabel wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:.
    Ukrainians are reportedly already carrying out the executions.

Link?

GarryB and Belisarius like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:09 am

Hole wrote:https://www.imetatronink.com/2022/09/counter-offensive-you-keep-using-that.html
    Calm down and read.  Cool

If the Ukrainians want to go on the "offensive" – attacking established Russian defensive positions – Russian commanders will enthusiastically receive them at any point along their lines.

Nothing will end this war faster than continuing Ukrainian "counter-offensives" of the type we have seen over the last few days.

Couldn't say it any better. Come here little hohol, but get yer personal affairs in order first... Twisted Evil

GarryB and Hole like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:13 am

Backman wrote:The chicken littles make so many assumptions about what is going on.
    Yes sure, chicken littles. Says the man that never had to deal with situations like that in his life.
    Russians are personally invested in this, as they and their family or people they know might be in war or live in war affected areas.
    I've personally, seen and felt situations as civilian and as a soldier when people were dying because of incompetency of politicians or military cadre.
    Russian army is very dominant side when compared with Ukrainians in this war and this things shouldn't happen more than 6 months in the conflict.
    You should've learned from your mistakes in the first month ( and there was a fair share of them) or later.
    Nobody here thinks that Russians will lose. Only that this situation reeks of incompetency.

thegopnik likes this post

flamming_python and Backman dislike this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:17 am

In any case, this will not go unpunished. Even Soloviev is calling for "reprimands for traitors", as he put it. And he is not just anyone in Russia, plus he has been backing SMO all the way.
    As for Martyanov, sure, he is right, on a strictly mathematical and military level. But, him and his family are in US and not in Balakleya.

BliTTzZ and Arkanghelsk like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:20 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 11 16626810

Remember it was just villages 1-2 km behind Russian lines and it actually turns out that Ukies broke through around 50km ahead in 3 days?

During the start to present we somehow still stayed with 1/3rd of Ukraine territory.

Somehow russian forces with major aerial and artillery advantage cant beat this kind of push that Ukraine did.

The current pace is so slow with Russia that it gives Ukraine plenty of time to get trained with more modern NATO equipment being supplied as we speak.

Funny that we have a I want to join the Russian Army thread when its convincing enough to make people want to leave the fucking country before they get drafted to this war. How are they going to have to fix this because everyone is noticing these humiliating **** ups?

psg, BliTTzZ, Backman, Belisarius and Podlodka77 dislike this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:21 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Backman wrote:The chicken littles make so many assumptions about what is going on.
    Yes sure, chicken littles. Says the man that never had to deal with situations like that in his life.
    Russians are personally invested in this, as they and their family or people they know might be in war or live in war affected areas.
    I've personally, seen and felt situations as civilian and  as a soldier when people were dying because of incompetency of politicians or military cadre.
    Russian army is very dominant side when compared with Ukrainians in this war and this things shouldn't happen more than 6 months in the conflict.
    You should've learned from your mistakes in the first month ( and there was a fair share of them) or later.
    Nobody here thinks that Russians will lose. Only that this situation reeks of incompetency.

That's what it is, it's not a lack of strength, or capacity

It's a lack of will, because with will, there would be a strategy,

Lack of strategy is incompetence, because there was no Professionalism to confront the issue and solve it

By definition it is such a thing ,

Noone disputes the strength of Russia- or ability to win

In fact, it is assured, but the ones in charge don't have the reasoning and aptitude to finish it with confidence and determination

In fact it was what sunk the largest power of last century - USSR

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:23 am

JohninMK wrote:Todays meeting in Ramstein AB

NATO propaganda BS from the first capital letter to the final full stop...

GarryB, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 am

thegopnik wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 11 16626810

Remember it was just villages 1-2 km behind Russian lines and it actually turns out that Ukies broke through around 50km ahead in 3 days?

During the start to present we somehow still stayed with 1/3rd of Ukraine territory.

Somehow russian forces with major aerial and artillery advantage cant beat this kind of push that Ukraine did.

The current pace is so slow with Russia that it gives Ukraine plenty of time to get trained with more modern NATO equipment being supplied as we speak.

Funny that we have a I want to join the Russian Army thread when its convincing enough to make people want to leave the fucking country before they get drafted to this war. How are they going to have to fix this because everyone is noticing these humiliating **** ups?

Russia will bolster its defenses, but don't expect a push into Balakliya

It went the way of stary saltov, Fastov , Brovary, Bucha, Slavyansk, Kramatorsk in 2014,

Only way to regain it is a full out invasion like 02/24 Z day

But considering the Kremlin has bungled this , noone will have the appetite for such a push
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:28 am

@Backman
    I'll give you an example from Russian relatively recent history. During First battle of Grozny, Russians took the city and that battle was won, but there was a thing called Maikop brigade ambush.
    I'm not trying to draw parallels between the two, but i hope that you will understand my point.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:42 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 11 Img_2163

Russian army was routed from balakleya, it is the biggest defeat of the war

The scale of offensive is unreal of AFU

Izyum is under threat, and the entire grouping north of Slavyansk is at risk

If Stalin was still around you'd be shot for panic-mongering 10 times over by now

So Ukrs forced their way into some poorly defended area and overextended themselves massively.

The idea that this threatens any Russian group of forces is inherently preposterous. There can't be any Russian forces cut off north of Slavyansk, south of Slavyansk, or whatever. They're right next to Russian territory. Even if their supply lines come under artillery attack; they're not going to get encircled and surrender. Such forces are capable of fighting on for weeks with the supplies they have already. But I personally suspect that Russian command is just waiting for the right moment to counterattack and encircle. Because the Ukr offensive in the Kharkov region started nearly a week ago by now, there were murmerings about it 2-3 weeks ago, and Russia has all the spies/satellites/whatever to figure out who is moving where. If Russia wanted this territory, which BTW is right next to Russia - reinforced, and covered with huge amounts of air power than that's what they would have done.

thegopnik wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 11 16626810

You'll be shot too

What is it with all these limp-spines in this thread?
    I can assure you the people at the front and the Russian command stuff are made of sterner stuff and have taken all such scenarios into account.
    Leave the country already and spare us this 4chan level of discussion about who should be advancing at what pace. This isn't a race and there are no points for rushing forward 50km, getting cut off 50km behind new enemy lines, and then being shelled until you're dead.
    The Ukr move literally makes no sense unless they have the massive amount of forces necessary to then rush forward and exploit. Which they don't. They're cannon fodder at this stage.

And what's the problem with that? You want these people to be insurgents or terrorists in Russian-occupied territories instead? Let them train and let them man the equipment.

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, Rodion_Romanovic, BliTTzZ, Hole, lancelot and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:49 am

flamming_python wrote:

If Stalin was still around you'd be shot for panic-mongering 10 times over by now

So Ukrs forced their way into some poorly defended area and overextended themselves massively.

The idea that this threatens any Russian group of forces is inherently preposterous. There can't be any Russian forces cut off north of Slavyansk, south of Slavyansk, or whatever. They're right next to Russian territory. Even if their supply lines come under artillery attack; they're not going to get encircled and surrender. Such forces are capable of fighting on for weeks with the supplies they have already. But I personally suspect that Russian command is just waiting for the right moment to counterattack and encircle. Because the Ukr offensive in the Kharkov region started nearly a week ago by now, there were murmerings about it 2-3 weeks ago, and Russia has all the spies/satellites/whatever to figure out who is moving where. If Russia wanted this territory, which BTW is right next to Russia - reinforced, and covered with huge amounts of air power than that's what they would have done.

You'll be shot too

What is it with all these limp-spines in this thread?
    I can assure you the people at the front and the Russian command stuff are made of sterner stuff and have taken all such scenarios into account.
    Leave the country already and spare us this 4chan level of discussion about who should be advancing at what pace. This isn't a race and there are no points for rushing forward 50km, getting cut off 50km behind new enemy lines, and then being shelled until you're dead.
    Bro, Stalin was fighting German army, which was the best land army at that time. Put things in context. Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 11 1f600
    On a sidenote, I didn't know that gopnik is Russian. Weird bird, in any case.

Arkanghelsk and rfan like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:52 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    I've personally, seen and felt situations as civilian and  as a soldier when people were dying because of incompetency of politicians or military cadre.

You don't even know what's going on, and you're jumping to conclusions based on some chicken-hawk turned chicken-little bloggers

It usually takes 2-3 days for the full picture to emerge and the Russian response. Until then it's entirely premature to accuse anyone of incompetency.

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole, Backman, Broski and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:54 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Bro, Stalin was fighting German army, which was the best land army at that time. Put things in context.  Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 11 1f600
    On a sidenote, I didn't know that gopnik is Russian. Weird bird, in any case.

The comment about wanting to leave the country to avoid being drafted into the army is telling

If anything, news of impending doom and defeat makes me want to join the army. Because at such a time it's necessary.
    But each time this defeatism turns out to be massively overblown.

Would have thought that people in this thread would have learned by now.

sepheronx, GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole, Backman and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:59 am

Ukros look to have massively overextended themselves by rushing into a pre-prepared cauldron? Did the Russians deliberately weaken defenses knowing that the Ukros were about to throw Kharkovs garrison and reserves into a big push?

Ukro troops advancing across open terrain should be presenting lots of opportunities for Russian airforce to get busy moving some mud.

Interesting days are ahead, and time will tell what is really happening (cunning Russian plan or outright incompetence/failure of their command), but the level of girlish panic exhibited here by people who should know better is more than a tad annoying.

russia

GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:43 am