Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
RTN
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Erk
Pacense
Hannibal Barca
owais.usmani
Arsenic
Azi
Yugo90
TMA1
Krepost
lancelot
Backman
Tsavo Lion
11E
littlerabbit
Scorpius
Kiko
Serberus
Firebird
lyle6
ArgentinaGuard
mnztr
Odin of Ossetia
Ispan
Urluber
rigoletto
diabetus
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
Stealthflanker
Sujoy
franco
magnumcromagnon
Dima
VARGR198
Dr.Snufflebug
mavaff
AlfaT8
Broski
Isos
Mir
Werewolf
ucmvulcan
JohninMK
Podlodka77
Lurk83
LMFS
Hole
ATLASCUB
Walther von Oldenburg
Kriva
Arrow
ALAMO
EkErilaz
Airbornewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
d_taddei2
GarryB
limb
flamming_python
auslander
Big_Gazza
andalusia
Regular
Arkanghelsk
caveat emptor
kvs
miketheterrible
nomadski
par far
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:48 am

The good news is that I found footage of the operation in Mariupol that I was looking for

https://t.me/intelslava/22366
    https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/44386
    EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  EkErilaz Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:52 am

d_taddei2 wrote:More from my friend in Kiev (Belarusian and anti Putin and Luka). Heavy fighting in South West outskirts of Kiev. And many rumours flying around that they are going to do a big offensive and chemical weapons will be used. People are worried and people are trying to keep people calm.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 Img_2022

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 Img_2021

Yes we are aware that they are trying to gaslight us that a chemical attack is coming, and now you are part of that psyop, how does it feel?
    Consider yourself blocked for active participation on the Nazi side...
    But before I leave you to consider what choices you made, ponder this. Why would Russia use chemical weapons now, it is literally the only thing in the world that would most likely bring NATO into this war.
    They can close access to Kiev at any point and just wait it out, or make the city into a pile of rocks over the span of a month. But somehow they especially made chemical weapons after dismantling them all. (under international supervision by the OPCW https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2017-11/news/russia-destroys-last-chemical-weapons)  just to bring NATO into this war?

And it is funny how you "friend" seems to run some kind of information channel with many likes and interactions that you forgot hide in the first picture you posted in the previous thread...

Last edited by EkErilaz on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

auslander, miketheterrible, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am

flamming_python wrote:Apparently the Russians had made agreements with the elites of southern and eastern regions of the Ukraine for them to switch to the Russian side as soon as the invasion begins, and proclaim an alternative Ukrainian government Presumably with the defection of Ukrainian units to it and so on too

That explains the Russian 'polite' tactics in the first days of the campaign

Instead however those elites all betrayed Russia and declared allegiance to Zelensky as soon as the Russian operation began. Especially Kharkov.
    With the exception of the Kherson region it seems which allowed the Russian military to take control.

What a monumental ****-up

Adding to the military ****-ups and underestimations of Ukrainian defenses; the polite shit didn't cut it
    And adding to the financial slip-up I presume where half the gold is now confiscated and the US and Euro reserves Russia can't use
    The media and infowar blitz Russia didn't adequately prepare for either

Yup unshaven

These are the sort of mistakes that have led to over 10,000-20,000 corpses in this conflict thus far. And all our leadership can do now is escalate and hire mercs from the Middle East in the hopes of coming away with at least something. Which won't be worth much of the paper it's written on.

Any sources for this intel?

Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander, JohninMK, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:16 am

Gee, you are really a drama queen, aren't you? scratch
    Care to explain, how anyone could have confiscated gold, that is being kept in the Russian CB storage?
    The only physical gold at foreign hands is several kilos in the US, being some remains of the Soviet era. US never returned it, even on Russian direct demand.
    The only thing they could "freeze" are some virtual accounts, restricting CBoR liquidity.
    Not so sure about allocation of the wealth fund, that was at the level of approx. $200 bln at the end of 2021, but at least part of it is obviously in Russia either.
    Russkies already reacted to that, putting those assets as free to go for debt payments, and - what is particularly funny - those funds will be used to pay for the nationalization.
    As the western companies have left some one trillion assets there, not to mention debts to foreign creditors.
    Inflation in Feb was almost on the level of the US inflation, and that is a joke already.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:32 am

flamming_python wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:More from my friend in Kiev (Belarusian and anti Putin and Luka). Heavy fighting in South West outskirts of Kiev. And many rumours flying around that they are going to do a big offensive and chemical weapons will be used. People are worried and people are trying to keep people calm.

Don't bother with that guy, clearly riding high on emotions and panic

He very reliable. And who should I bother with? U? Are u seated in Kiev on the ground? Hes a journalist and friend since 2014. I don't always agree with him. But the fact is news is being spread of the Russians going to use chemical weapons in Kiev is the key message here. Russia has been talking about false provocations and this could be zelensky plan or should I say USA plan.

Dima likes this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:36 am

EkErilaz wrote:

Yes we are aware that they are trying to gaslight us that a chemical attack is coming, and now you are part of that psyop, how does it feel?
    Consider yourself blocked for active participation on the Nazi side...
    But before I leave you to consider what choices you made, ponder this. Why would Russia use chemical weapons now, it is literally the only thing in the world that would most likely bring NATO into this war.
    They can close access to Kiev at any point and just wait it out, or make the city into a pile of rocks over the span of a month. But somehow they especially made chemical weapons after dismantling them all. (under international supervision by the OPCW https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2017-11/news/russia-destroys-last-chemical-weapons)  just to bring NATO into this war?

And it is funny how you "friend" seems to run some kind of information channel with many likes and interactions that you forgot hide in the first picture you posted in the previous thread...

Ur funny a complete and utter crackpot.

This isn't me supporting neo Nazis so not sure where u got that from. This is clearly me showing what the Ukrainian Government is telling the people in Ukraine and backs up Russia's words earlier talking about a false provocations. I know Ur dumb but this dumb wow. You clearly don't read very well and don't have a shred of intelligence. Ignore me I do t care. All u spout is nonsense and BS I should have ignored u long ago troll.

Regular and JohninMK like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:37 am

@ FP

Much better now that Russia defending itself , instead of being killed by Nazi scum and NATO retards , and being made into 700,000 refugees . Better by long shot ! Better to die on your feet , then crawl under Jack-boot of Nazi NATO scum !

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and Yugo90 like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:39 am

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russias-lavrov-says-neutrality-ukraine-being-seriously-discussed-2022-03-16/

How will they enforce Ukraine's neutral status? Probably this status will be broken again soon as before.

Kriva likes this post

Kriva
    Kriva

Post  Kriva Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:54 am

Arrow wrote:https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russias-lavrov-says-neutrality-ukraine-being-seriously-discussed-2022-03-16/

How will they enforce Ukraine's neutral status?  Probably this status will be broken again soon as before.

Price paid and to be paid for "Austrian" model of neutrality = fail of epic proportions.
    Doesn't matter what way it is spinned, RU will achieve jack squat in medium/long term with this deal.

Reading between the lines RU is in trouble despite the gains on the ground.
    150k soldiers for this operation was and is insufficient at this stage hence we see step down from the original demands.

Feel free to disagree but that is not going to change the reality as of today.

nomadski and sundoesntrise like this post

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:56 am

https://youtu.be/-YXo9Nm4jzc
    Is the northern cauldron getting cleared?
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:04 pm

Never send a Russian to do a deal. Much less Lavrov.

There is no way to enforce a neutrality status other than active hostility (aka war). Much less a neutrality status that comes at the barrel of a gun.

Sweden, Finland, the Swiss and the Austrians are NOT neutral. Everybody picks a side, push comes to shove.

I just pray this is a big 6D chess joke. For Russia's sake.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kriva and sundoesntrise like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:08 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 Fn9mxt10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 Fn9my810
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 Fn9myd10
    VDV around Kiev

GarryB, franco, Dima, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, auslander and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:09 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 Fn7ttg10
    CNN, again. Very Happy

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Regular, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:09 pm

Statement of the Russian Defense Ministry (16.03.2022)

◾ ️ The group of troops of the Luhansk People's Republic, continuing offensive operations, is fighting in the city limits in the north-west, north-east and east of the city of SEVERODONETSK.

◾ ️ Units of the Donetsk People's Republic, developing an offensive, have taken control of the settlements of Mikhaylovka, STAVKA, BOTMANKA, Vasilyevka and are

fighting for VERKHNETORETSKOYE. Two Ukrainian Su-25 aircraft were shot down near CHERNIHIV, one MiG-29 near NOVAYA Bykivka, as well as four unmanned aerial vehicles.

💥 Operational-tactical, army and unmanned aircraft hit 128 military facilities in Ukraine.

💥 Among them: one Buk-M1 air defense system, one Osa air defense system, four radar detection and target designation stations, four command posts, seven weapons and ammunition depots and 68 places of accumulation of military equipment.

💥 Since the beginning of the special military operation, 111 Ukrainian aircraft, 68 helicopters, and 160 helicopters have been destroyed. A total of 1,353 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 129 multiple launch rocket systems, 493 field artillery pieces and mortars, as well as 1,096 units of special military vehicles are being deployed.

GarryB, Dima, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:11 pm

EkErilaz wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Apparently the Russians had made agreements with the elites of southern and eastern regions of the Ukraine for them to switch to the Russian side as soon as the invasion begins, and proclaim an alternative Ukrainian government Presumably with the defection of Ukrainian units to it and so on too

That explains the Russian 'polite' tactics in the first days of the campaign

Instead however those elites all betrayed Russia and declared allegiance to Zelensky as soon as the Russian operation began. Especially Kharkov.
    With the exception of the Kherson region it seems which allowed the Russian military to take control.

What a monumental ****-up

Adding to the military ****-ups and underestimations of Ukrainian defenses; the polite shit didn't cut it
    And adding to the financial slip-up I presume where half the gold is now confiscated and the US and Euro reserves Russia can't use
    The media and infowar blitz Russia didn't adequately prepare for either

Yup unshaven

These are the sort of mistakes that have led to over 10,000-20,000 corpses in this conflict thus far. And all our leadership can do now is escalate and hire mercs from the Middle East in the hopes of coming away with at least something. Which won't be worth much of the paper it's written on.

Any sources for this intel?

The latest video by Yuri Podolyaka, but unfortunately it's only in Russian

He seems to get a lot of info from people on the ground in the Ukraine, and is part of the pro-Russian infowar effort.

That's what concerns the part about the south and east regions defecting.

But I can't vouch for its accuracy, Podolyaka offers a lot of insight and inside info (he used to be a connected Maidanist and nationalist around the time of the Yushchenko color revolution, but then switched to the anti-Maidan side by 2014 I think), but he is part of the infowar machine after all, and has made exaggerated claims before. Bad news as well he usually just doesn't mention.

As for the military screw-ups - that's obvious. A lot of jets buzzing around in the first week, with a half dozen or more shot down, before they decided to play it more conservatively and employ anti-radar missiles as well. A lot of the recon units were ambushed, tanks and vehicles weren't retrieved in time before being sabotaged or towed away by angry villagers, air defense systems themselves have been taken out by Bayraktars, it seems still not all of the Ukrainian artillery around Kiev has been taken out, while against Kherson airbase they just launched a volley and took out several parked Russian helicopters. VDV infantry don't have night-vision googles, recon UAVs seem to be in short supply, tin-can VDV vehicles don't seem to be too much good in a vanguard role. But these are mostly tactical setbacks.
    The more serious stuff is the failure to have a good plan to take cities. Just Mariupol alone has turned into a wreck, and there are a considerable amount of casualties.

And the financial stuff is also obvious. I really don't think the Russians much like over half their reserves being held hostage if they can help it. Assuming it's true of course.

Last edited by flamming_python on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

Yugo90 likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:11 pm

flamming_python wrote:The good news is that I found footage of the operation in Mariupol that I was looking for

https://t.me/intelslava/22366
    https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/44386

Last video is really wtf, is Sanya leading the group himself Very Happy A war journalist my ass, he is more like like combat advisor, knowing his experience. DNR guys are very poorly equipped from what it looks and have 0 no understanding of battle. But this is expected from war recruits.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:16 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:

This isn't me supporting neo Nazis so not sure where u got that from. This is clearly me showing what the Ukrainian Government is telling the people in Ukraine and backs up Russia's words earlier talking about a false provocations. I know Ur dumb but this dumb wow. You clearly don't read very well and don't have a shred of intelligence. Ignore me I do t care. All u spout is nonsense and BS I should have ignored u long ago troll.

Thanks for sharing, we rarely hear anything of substance from the Ukrainian side. Hopefully, false provocation won't happen. It seems that both sides are claiming that negotiations are working (very strange)
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:23 pm

Regular wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

Thanks for sharing, we rarely hear anything of substance from the Ukrainian side. Hopefully, false provocation won't happen. It seems that both sides are claiming that negotiations are working (very strange)

Well yeah, because Russia failed to achieve anything of importance, just a ton of corpses and an alienated country.

The Ukros won't lose anything. They weren't going to be taken in as an official NATO member anyway, and they'll carry on as an unofficial one.

Russia will have a slightly larger buffer state in the form of the DNR/LNR. That's about it.

Nice going Putz

Kriva likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:45 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Well yeah, because Russia failed to achieve anything of importance, just a ton of corpses and an alienated country.
    The Ukros won't lose anything. They weren't going to be taken in as an official NATO member anyway, and they'll carry on as an unofficial one.
    Russia will have a slightly larger buffer state in the form of the DNR/LNR. That's about it.
    Nice going Putz

You need a serious reality check bro dunno
    But hardly believe it will help anyway, as you have a clear politically motivated bias. scratch

Ukraine was a de facto NATO member. The whole country was wide open for stationing any weapon system NATO wanted. Seaports were open, airports open, communication links open. Ukrainian sky was used by NATO recon planes a daily basis, without any hesitation. Fighters were relocated to the Ukrainian bases when only needed. Warships sailed via territorial waters & visited&ressuplied at Ukrainian bases each and any day they liked. The army was used as backup cannon fodder for US operations since 2003.

A whole country was alienated to Russia 24/7/365 basis. A 6y/o at kindergarten were teached "Moskaliaki mogiliaki" i "Moskali na nożi". Open nazi structures were acting in bright daylight, recruiting & re-educating youths and children.

Terroristic operations were carried out daily basis, including blowing up the infrastructure, recruiting agents for hostile activities, political murders were executed without any doubt.

Another 5 years, and the whole Ukraine would became a rough anti-Russian state capable of doing anything, that NATO would be afraid of - for example an B/C attack on the Russian territory.

Yeah, nice going Putz!

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK and like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:47 pm

@ Kriva

".....Reading between the lines RU is in trouble despite the gains on the ground , 150k soldiers for this operation was and is insufficient at this stage hence we see step down from the original demands...... " Agree about what you said about paper agreements now , not amounting to anything , or infact being counterproductive . About number of forces , it depends if the aim is slow digestion of UA forces , in this case the numbers are fine . But if quick victory needed , then you are right , either reserves needed in local areas , or side shifting or relocation from one area into another , for offensives ? What is the great rush ? Rome was not built in a day !

Russian forces , together with allies , can easily secure border with Poland . Instead of capturing every town or encircling each city . Become a border guard . Then sit like a Boa constricter for months !

Kriva likes this post

Lurk83

Post  Lurk83 Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:48 pm

Reinforcement Troops from South Ossetia coming through the Roki tunnel. Seems like they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel.

flamming_python likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:53 pm

Chemical attack won't do anything. NATO knows they can't get involved regardless if Russia decided to drop a nuke.

We know the Ukrainians will stage a chemical or biological attack. But it will just be another show for the west and russians will shrug their shoulders.

Ukrainians should be revolting against Zelensky at this point.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, nomadski, lyle6, Broski and like this post

Kriva
    Kriva

Post  Kriva Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:57 pm

nomadski wrote:

@ Kriva

".....Reading between the lines RU is in trouble despite the gains on the ground , 150k soldiers for this operation was and is insufficient at this stage hence we see step down from the original demands...... " Agree about what you said about paper agreements now , not amounting to anything , or infact being counterproductive . About number of forces , it depends if the aim is slow digestion of UA forces , in this case the numbers are fine . But if quick victory needed , then you are right , either reserves needed in local areas , or side shifting or relocation from one area into another , for offensives ? What is the great rush ? Rome was not built in a day !

Russian forces , together with allies , can easily secure border with Poland . Instead of capturing every town or encircling each city . Become a border guard . Then sit like a Boa constricter for months !

At the onset of the operation I have posted the map where UA has a ring around (50 to 100km wide) basicaly making it landlocked country whit no borders othe than RU.
    It would have achieved everything RU wanted.

Instead we see protracted fight for Kharkov, Kiev and other larger cities.
    March into Lviv and close the border with PL,SK,HU and leave rest of the UA as is.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 2 UA-map

Last edited by Kriva on Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

nomadski likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:57 pm

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, Isos, miketheterrible, lyle6 and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:04 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

Nice going Putz

You're either a panicker or you're a fool. During the NATO aggression, which lasted 78 days, Serbia lost only 14 tanks. Yes, 6 MiG-29s were destroyed in the air (one by mistake of the Serbian Air Defense), as well as 4 more on the ground. In any case, Serbia, far smaller in area than Ukraine, came out of the conflict, which lasted 78 days, with 6 MiG-29s.
    I served my military service in Kragujevac, where the 310th Air Defense Regiment of Serbia is located, which was armed with the Kub-M2 system. And do you know how many launch vehicles NATO destroyed? One ! Out of 16 vehicles, only one + one battery radar was destroyed.

GarryB, Dima, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:58 pm