Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+55
Mir
Sujoy
SaneBomber
lancelot
old_man
ATLASCUB
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
PhSt
elconquistador
Backman
The_Observer
dino00
lyle6
Kiko
Tai Hai Chen
nero
Maximmmm
franco
LMFS
KoTeMoRe
Regular
The Ottoman
JohninMK
Tsavo Lion
medo
miketheterrible
Werewolf
lulldapull
crod
starman
Cyberspec
RTN
d_taddei2
par far
flamming_python
PapaDragon
BKP
SeigSoloyvov
nomadski
kvs
Manov
jhelb
Big_Gazza
ultimatewarrior
Mindstorm
Rodion_Romanovic
ahmedfire
Vann7
George1
DerWolf
Isos
magnumcromagnon
Hole
GarryB
slasher
59 posters

Syrian War: News #22

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Syrian War: News #22 - Page 23 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #22

Post  JohninMK Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:42 pm

As forecast

spriters
    @neccamc1
    ·
    2h
    The Russian forces informed the SDF and the Turks that they will not allow any fuel shipment to pass from the Rumailan fields to the Turkish control areas in northern Syria because they are stolen shipments.

franco, magnumcromagnon, slasher and miketheterrible like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:29 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Backman wrote:
    The term stealing oil implies that this is highway robbery. It isn't. They are in control of some of the oilfields. They are running and maintaining the wells with their own resources. They are dealing with the marginal cost of production like everyone else

To me 'stealing' basically means taking something without the owners permission. I am pretty sure that the US, who are managing the operation, do not have the permission of the oil fields owner, the Syrian Government. So yes, it is highway robbery and a highwayman had to bear the marginal cost of production too, horse, feed, weapons etc but it was still theft.

I know that the SG and SDF have some deals on profit share on oil pipelined west but not this unmeasured extraction. The US have even bought in a western oil company to upgrade the infrastructure to optimize the theft.

With this action I suspect that bulk theft is now over, again. The message has gone out, production and refining for local use is allowed but bulk export, which seems to have been building up (like ISIS exploited to the full in the past), is not going to be allowed to happen again. Someone got too greedy.

A side effect may be more military action as the Turks may well no longer have a profit stream to protect by a softly, softly approach.

I agree that its still pure theft. But its not as profitable and some might think. Its not like the oil thieves in Mexico , who steal produced oil right out of the pipes
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:08 am

you really need to think..your comment is stupid.

do you think turks are the only ones driving trucks?. they aren't not every truck has something to do with oil.

why do I have to point out grade school level things

The trucks the Russians destroyed were oil tanker trucks and they destroyed them at an oilfield... who gives a fuck who drives them... maybe it is catholic nuns earning a bit of cash on the side... the trucks that were hit were hit at night so there were likely no drivers in those cabs... but even if they were all manned... tough shit... you are stealing oil from Syria and you are paying with your life.

Ironic coming from you thinking that Iraqis in Iraq defending their country from American invaders are fair game to be shot if they get in the way of American operations... hilarious double standard going on there...

magnumcromagnon likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Around the world some very special country is bombing bakerys or kindergardens because a beardy man was seen in the proximity but bombing fuel truck that are run by terrorists is evil.

Hypocrisy at its best!

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and Kiko like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 pm

GarryB wrote:

The trucks the Russians destroyed were oil tanker trucks and they destroyed them at an oilfield...

Not quite Garry. They were away from the oilfield at two major distribution nodes in North Syria where some went straight on into Turkey and some was refined there for local use, much of it going into Idlib. It was the increasing volume going to the latter that would have forced the action plus the forthcoming increase in volume due to the US investment at the oilfield.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:38 pm

GarryB wrote:
    you really need to think..your comment is stupid.

do you think turks are the only ones driving trucks?. they aren't not every truck has something to do with oil.

why do I have to point out grade school level things

The trucks the Russians destroyed were oil tanker trucks and they destroyed them at an oilfield... who gives a fuck who drives them... maybe it is catholic nuns earning a bit of cash on the side... the trucks that were hit were hit at night so there were likely no drivers in those cabs... but even if they were all manned... tough shit... you are stealing oil from Syria and you are paying with your life.

Ironic coming from you thinking that Iraqis in Iraq defending their country from American invaders are fair game to be shot if they get in the way of American operations... hilarious double standard going on there...

Okay, I am starting to realize with you everything has to be explained super accurately.

1. You are replying to my comment where I said hit them constantly, I clearly said but ONCE MORE you are trying to twist my words, that attacking any truck that is moving around is a terrible idea as you will end up killing scores of civilians.

2. You are an extremely terrible liar. Once more taking my comment out of context, when I was referring to a specific situation you clueless moron.

"that Iraqis in Iraq defending their country from American invaders are fair game to be shot"

You are referring to that comment I made to John, in which I CLEARLY SAID.

"IF THEY SHOOT AT US, THEY ARE FAIR GAME" if your going to take shots, be prepared to die. Anyone with a weapon should realize this most basic principle.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Hole wrote:Around the world some very special country is bombing bakerys or kindergardens because a beardy man was seen in the proximity but bombing fuel truck that are run by terrorists is evil.

Hypocrisy at its best!

Lol, are you this clueless.

I said bombing a fuel truck just driving around is a terrible idea. I never said bombing them is bad just indiscriminate attacks is.

Verifying that truck belongs to a terrorist is pretty dam impossible at that stage.

So what bomb every fuel truck that moves and kills heaps of civilians?.

People on this forum man, I swear lack even the most basic of thinking skills.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:27 pm

This bombing happened when they were all parked togather (outside of the city if I'm not wrong). They clearly aren't civilian trucks and for sure were tracked by drones for days to know what they are doing.

They also bombed at night when civilians don't really work.

It was a big attack to destroy a capacity at once and send a clear message.

So no, they aren't bombing indiscriminately civilians in the middle of a city. Neither they will hunt each truck lonely. If it happens again they will bomb just like this time

Russians have learned from US mistakes in Irak and are being cautious to not hurt the population and even provide help when they can.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:58 pm

'Tiger' is promoted

spriters
    @neccamc1
    ·
    1h
    The appointment of His Excellency Brigadier General Suhail Al-Hassan Al-Nimr as commander of the 25th Division

par far likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Isos wrote:This bombing happened when they were all parked togather (outside of the city if I'm not wrong). They clearly aren't civilian trucks and for sure were tracked by drones for days to know what they are doing.

They also bombed at night when civilians don't really work.

It was a big attack to destroy a capacity at once and send a clear message.

So no, they aren't bombing indiscriminately civilians in the middle of a city. Neither they will hunt each truck lonely. If it happens again they will bomb just like this time

Russians have learned from US mistakes in Irak and are being cautious to not hurt the population and even provide help when they can.

for fucks sake.....

I never said they were, I was replying to a guy who said they should bomb anything that moves and telling him that was moronic to do.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:37 am

I said bombing a fuel truck just driving around is a terrible idea. I never said bombing them is bad just indiscriminate attacks is.

The fun thing is that Syria is currently divided into three parts. One part is Syrian government controlled and one part is Turkish supported terrorist controlled, and one is US Kurdish terrorist controlled.

Bombing fuel trucks in terrorist controlled areas is fair game... and I understand that upsets you because your side is there for the oil even only to deny it to Syrians.

Besides.... hahahaha... an American who thinks indiscriminate bombing is moronic... you might need to re read your manuals commando.

Hole likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:25 pm

GarryB wrote:

The fun thing is that Syria is currently divided into three parts. One part is Syrian government controlled and one part is Turkish supported terrorist controlled, and one is US Kurdish terrorist controlled.

Bombing fuel trucks in terrorist controlled areas is fair game... and I understand that upsets you because your side is there for the oil even only to deny it to Syrians.

Besides.... hahahaha... an American who thinks indiscriminate bombing is moronic... you might need to re read your manuals commando.

Well, we just don't bomb everything that moves, It true civilians do die due to airstrikes but the Russians also kill civilians in airstrikes.

but hey if your fine with Russia anything that moves then that's fine, just don't bitch about the US doing it because you constantly do.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:57 pm

vanessa beeley
    @VanessaBeeley
    ·
    5h
    #US occupation forces have evacuated the Ghoyran oil field, and #Russia took control. North East #Syria

Fuel tanks have begun transporting oil to Homs refinery.

Source : @IbrahimDSY1

medo and Hole like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:05 pm

CORRECTION TO LAST POST

Al-Hasakah ....
    The news of the withdrawal from the Ghoyran field is false, because there is no field in Al-Hasakah with this name, but rather one of the city's neighborhoods without the presence of any oil field near the neighborhood ...
    reporter Reem Masud
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:57 pm

but hey if your fine with Russia anything that moves then that's fine, just don't bitch about the US doing it because you constantly do.

But the problem with Russia is that it is not like us... murdering people for oil or money is what they are lacking in their CV...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:24 am

spriters
    @neccamc1
    ·
    49m
    Russia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey:
    We agreed to end the Syrian crisis under the supervision of the United Nations according to a political solution that satisfies all parties and ends the conflict in Syria ...
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:40 am

JohninMK wrote:spriters
    @neccamc1
    ·
    49m
    We agreed to end the Syrian crisis under the supervision of the United Nations according to a political solution that satisfies all parties and ends the conflict in Syria ...

...and so the formal breakup of Syria begins. Wonder what will be left of it.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:50 am

Like Russia would sit at a table with those banana republics to share Syria lol1 .

This twitter acount talks shit 99% of the time. Don't even quote it anymore please.

flamming_python likes this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:01 am

crod wrote:
    @neccamc1
    ·
    49m

If that was the case then why did they obliterate the illegal oil selling operation recently? Rolling Eyes If they were 'so close' to a diplomatic breakthrough then why did the VKS proceed with the operation? It's nothing more than diplomatic fluff, and post-Cold War history has shown us that postmodernist ("The End of History") diplomacy is a pile of bullshit, and "Might makes Right!" is the only metric that moves the needle for these dipshitmatic bean counters.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:49 am

The satisfaction for the arab countries (and Turkey) will be that they wont loose more money and people in their stupid fight for Uncle Biden.
    elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Syrian War: News #22 - Page 23 Screen50

Those developments should be seen in this light.

I also very much believe that Russia would happily trade the dismemberment of Syria for blowing up US-Saudi relations and Turkey-NATO relations

Iran however, will never abandon Syria.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:15 pm

elconquistador wrote:
    I also very much believe that Russia would happily trade the dismemberment of Syria for blowing up US-Saudi relations and Turkey-NATO relations

Not a bat in Hell's chance of that happening.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:19 pm

crod wrote:
    @neccamc1
    ·
    49m

Why do you think that? All those countries, plus Iran, need to be involved. Nowhere does it say or imply that Syria will be divided, to to contrary, Russia says no.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:51 pm

elconquistador wrote:Syrian War: News #22 - Page 23 Screen50

This is complete unsubstantiated nonsense. Do you realize how many times the Saudi's lied about introducing major investments in Russia? We've been hearing about them over the past 20 years, and the Saudi's failed to delivery every time. Do you realize that the Chechen wars and the insurrection in Dagestan and Ingushetia was a joint operation between Saudi Arabia and Turkey? There's a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you. Rolling Eyes

flamming_python and lyle6 like this post

The_Observer
    The_Observer

Post  The_Observer Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:19 pm

elconquistador wrote:Syrian War: News #22 - Page 23 Screen50

BS. First of all. KSA is pretty much in regret for the part it played in instigating and fueling this war. So much so that they are now proposing the readmission of Syria into the Arab League without precondition. Furthermore, their relationship with the war's current/primary aggressor nation, Turkey, is anything but smooth.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:24 am